Photo
- - - - -

Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection (Wii)

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#91 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

/hugs his Skyward Sword steelbox

Don't you worry none, baby. I'll love you forever.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#92 Melatonin

Melatonin

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:00 PM

It's funny how a lot of people associate throwing away boxes and "important materials" as something children would do; I actually used to keep all my boxes and EVERYTHING as a kid and was really compulsive about it, but as I've grown up I realized how useless having a lot of extra stuff is and how it doesn't make me any happier. I admit it that obsessive-compulsive feeling comes back every now and then, but it usually goes away pretty quickly.

I realize many of you are collectors and are into the collectible aspect of these games, but I'm just buying them to play them, really...I used to own hundreds of games and I found that the more I owned, the more I wanted, and it was just eating me up.

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here; if it makes you happy to own that extra box to keep your game in, that's great. For me I just see it as an extra piece that I don't want or need...and when I have something that I don't want or need anymore, then I either throw it away or sell it. I'm trying to become less materialistc with age.
Posted Image

#93 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:25 PM

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here; if it makes you happy to own that extra box to keep your game in, that's great. For me I just see it as an extra piece that I don't want or need...and when I have something that I don't want or need anymore, then I either throw it away or sell it. I'm trying to become less materialistc with age.

Honestly, I agree with your stance and wouldn't give you guff about what you do with what you purchase. If you never plan on selling the game, then it shouldn't matter if you have that extra piece of styrofoam or cardboard sleeve to be called CIB.

Personally I wished I was more OCD with my games when I was younger, just for completion sake, not that it would make any difference, as my NES is loaned out to my nephews at the moment...

#94 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

/hugs his Skyward Sword steelbox

Don't you worry none, baby. I'll love you forever.

Damn well better, the pain I had to go through to get that sexy thang.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#95 winterlane

winterlane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 11:21 PM

Anyone else find it odd that the outer box has no factory seal? I was expecting this thing to either be shrinkwrapped or at least have clear stickers sealing each end similar to Mario All-Stars or the Zelda Skyward Sword Bundle.

#96 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:49 AM

I noticed that as well, but not a big deal since I was going to open it anyway

No sticker residue to deal with is always a plus. At least the game itself is sealed.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#97 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2012 - 01:05 AM

Anyone else find it odd that the outer box has no factory seal? I was expecting this thing to either be shrinkwrapped or at least have clear stickers sealing each end similar to Mario All-Stars or the Zelda Skyward Sword Bundle.

I found this odd too, makes me wonder how many scammers are going to try to gut out the game and soundtrack CD before returning their copy to the unknowing clerks, those that wouldn't check the inside for the missing case seal.

#98 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:22 AM

I just picked this up over the weekdn and I had to say that this is a very good Collection. It's clearly had a lot of time and care put into it, which I wasn't really expecting, especially after the Mario Collection. I was really surprised that it had a bit of new content in it, despite just being mini-games. Overall, it's a good purchase for Kirby fans or people who are trying to get into Kirby despite not having liked it before, like myself.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#99 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

I still haven't cracked open this game yet, being at the back of the line in my backlog queue. Not sure if this game will be hard to find or common down the road, still too early to tell, but it seems the retail stores are keeping pretty minimal stock. A few of my local Best Buys have sold out of them twice now (once in the first week, and some more recently), though no official NA numbers out as of yet.

Also (somewhat) unrelated, but I see Walmart.com has Return to Dreamland listed for only $38.70, the cheapest non-ebay price I've seen. I'm not sure if this is online only or if you can match it in store, since I hardly go to Walmart for games anymore.

Also I just noticed it's matched on Amazon right now with FSSS, cheapest it's ever been selling first party from Amazon according to Camelcamelcamel.com, not sure if that would be worth it to bring up to the main forum.

EDIT: Nevermind on RtDL, back up to $43+, I guess that was just for one day?

Edited by Billytwoshoes, 10 October 2012 - 07:02 PM.