Preordered Dirt Showdown from BestBuy.com? Offering $40 giftcard "apology"

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Zarski843

Zarski843

The artist formerly know as Lazer77

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:41 PM

I preordered Dirt Showdown (360) from BestBuy.com, and the ship date was delayed from Tuesday the 12th to Thursday the 14th or Friday the 15th. I got a phone call two days ago from Best Buy, and they told me they will send a $40 gift card as an "apology" for the delay.

Pretty awesome apology! Thought I'd pass this on, in case it helps anyone else!

Zarski843.jpg

#2 UnlockPotential

UnlockPotential

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

DX why didn't I preorder?!

#3 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Holy...Now THAT'S customer service!!
Posted Image

#4 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:46 PM

That's really lucky!

#5 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

They did the same for me when I ordered Deus Ex: Augmented Edition on PS3. I had to get the regular version and I PM'ed a competitor.. after the PM and my $5 preorder, it ended up being $39.99.. they gave me a $40 gift card.

The Augmented edition came in like a month later.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Only had 1 pre-order at my local BB and that person received a $50 GC for the delay.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#7 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering solely from Best Buy now...
Posted Image

#8 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Title asks a question and no deal? Not cool.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#9 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

What I was getting at was that if you preordered Dirt Showdown, you can probably call them and mention that you heard of them giving a $40 gift card for the delay.

Zarski843.jpg

#10 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:03 PM

I received similiar compensation when my Prototype 2 steelbook was delayed a week... it certainly is a nice gesture, but part of me wants to nag them for being so generous when their future is looking troublesome.

#11 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

Thats why I love pre-ordering at Best Buy. They screw up, free money for you :D.

My store always gives a gift card if they either dont stock a pre-order, or if they accidentally sell it to someone else
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

I actually just received an email as well, a little delayed:

_____,

My name is _______ and I am from the Post Purchase Support Team. I am reaching out to you regarding your recent purchase of the Dirt Showdown game on our website. I would like to sincerely apologize for the wait on the shipment, but it has now been shipped. We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in this situation, and would like to let you know that we have issued you a $40 gift card. Thank you again for being a valued Best Buy customer, and I hope you have a wonderful day!

Respectfully,

____
Post Purchase Support Team
Phone: ___-___-____
Fax: 1-___-___-____
Case: ________

Zarski843.jpg

#13 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

I'm Ron Burgandy?

Thats why I love pre-ordering at Best Buy. They screw up, free money for you :D.

My store always gives a gift card if they either dont stock a pre-order, or if they accidentally sell it to someone else

Always? How many times has this happened to you?
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#14 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

I'm Ron Burgandy?

Always? How many times has this happened to you?

Not that often lol, i just mean every time it has they did it. I'd say 3 times in the past year. 2 of the times they literally just didnt get the game in at all, one time they accidentally sold mine to someone else, but still re-ordered a new copy for me and let me take a standard copy.

I pretty much stopped ordering CE's there, so its not like any major screw-overs or anything. On the other hand, i'm sure they are still screwing others over though. I always make sure to get there early for my pre-orders (Plus i raised hell a couple years ago when they sold my CE and called corporate, so they know not to mess with me)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:07 AM

Not that often lol, i just mean every time it has they did it. I'd say 3 times in the past year. 2 of the times they literally just didnt get the game in at all, one time they accidentally sold mine to someone else, but still re-ordered a new copy for me and let me take a standard copy.

I pretty much stopped ordering CE's there, so its not like any major screw-overs or anything. On the other hand, i'm sure they are still screwing others over though. I always make sure to get there early for my pre-orders (Plus i raised hell a couple years ago when they sold my CE and called corporate, so they know not to mess with me)

Happened to me too with the Dead Space 2 one. I had to goto another store and buy(it was only 15 minutes away) but they took of $15 & I still got the $10 or $20 credit for the game too.

I'm trying to get them to take these issues more seriously & start focusing on getting more people to pre-order them by offer additional pre-order credit. Another $10-$20 on top of the $10 or $20 they'd offer for the reg. versions would generate more pre-orders but they gotta get their act together if they think people will depend on them.
http://forums.bestbu...ub/idi-p/492283

#16 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

You are the king of thread bitching on CAG. You have trolled my threads and countless others with "this is not a deal" comments.

Why do you do that? Seriously- just curious.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#17 vantheman

vantheman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

You are the king of thread bitching on CAG. You have trolled my threads and countless others with "this is not a deal" comments.

Him and Mr. Piggles

#18 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:40 AM

Happened to me too with the Dead Space 2 one. I had to goto another store and buy(it was only 15 minutes away) but they took of $15 & I still got the $10 or $20 credit for the game too.

I'm trying to get them to take these issues more seriously & start focusing on getting more people to pre-order them by offer additional pre-order credit. Another $10-$20 on top of the $10 or $20 they'd offer for the reg. versions would generate more pre-orders but they gotta get their act together if they think people will depend on them.

I understand your desire for good deals and appreciate the outreach you do to BBY on behalf of CAG's, but this promo is incredibly generous and spanks other retailers without any sweetening. $30-40 pre-order credit + pricematching for day one games isn't a viable option for a for-profit business.

#19 Backlash2332x

Backlash2332x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

the return of Gargus.

#20 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

I would've just preferred when I had a lot of credit at BB if they got in the actual pre-order goodies like they advertised for those who pre-ordered(and paid in full) on the website. First game I pre-ordered there(:ps3:Catherine) had two versions of the cover. Of course, BB gets the 'censored'/"PG" version. Not only that but they advertised on their site that people who pre-ordered would get the artbook/soundtrack just like if they had pre-ordered at GS or Amazon.

So I go in day one to grab my copy. Lo and behold, no artbook/soundtrack combo shrinkwrapped to the case under a second layer of shrinkwrap. WTF!?! So they opened a new/sealed copy to determine if the artbook/soundtrack was packed inside it. Nope.

I got a refund on my $5 deposit and ended up using some credit from Amazon to buy it there.

Him and Mr. Piggles

And don't forget about VaultDweller, who seems to come in anytime GoHastings does a deal to bitch about the $2.28 per item shipping.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#21 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:05 AM

I think this is just their way of keeping business.

I know once I found out the shipping was delayed, I considered canceling my order and just picking it up from Gamestop (since Best Buy is 40 minutes away, Gamestop is 5 minutes away). If this happened two times without any kind of compensation, even if it was $10 of Reward Zone points, I would be hesitant to preorder from them again.

This $40 compensation makes preordering from them even better in my opinion lol. I can wait an additional few days for the game if they give me a gift card which is over half of what I paid for the game. Everyone makes mistakes, this is probably their way making sure that you come back and preorder from them in the future.

Worked on me :]

Zarski843.jpg

#22 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

the return of Gargus.

Haven't heard that name in a while, lol. I definitely remember his antics though.

#23 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:12 AM

Honestly, I look at these sort of threads as just more of the 'me me me' attitude that many consumers have nowadays.

Oops. Something's delayed and you didn't like their answer they gave you, even if it's out of their control? Cry for a gift card.

An employee doesn't bow and curtsey at your feet and wait on you hand and foot from the nanosecond you step foot in the store? Whine for a gift card.

The absolute best though has to be the people on the BB forums lately who did one of the financing or credit card offers they always try to pitch when you're in BB anymore. People signed up for them without reading and fully understanding the T&C and then a year or more later they miss a payment or the promo period is done and they're hit with a TON of interest they didn't expect. Yet somehow it's not THEIR fault, it's Best Buy's fault for allowing such a 'shady' company to do business with them.

Since I joined CAG I've amassed such a backlog that even if I play games 24/7/365, I will likely have more than enough entertainment to keep me occupied until the middle of the NEXT gaming gen. So when a game ships a day or two after release, it's no biggie to me, since I will usually have a ton of other games I can sit and play through.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#24 Zarski843

Zarski843

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:21 AM

Honestly, I look at these sort of threads as just more of the 'me me me' attitude that many consumers have nowadays.

Oops. Something's delayed and you didn't like their answer they gave you, even if it's out of their control? Cry for a gift card.

An employee doesn't bow and curtsey at your feet and wait on you hand and foot from the nanosecond you step foot in the store? Whine for a gift card.

The absolute best though has to be the people on the BB forums lately who did one of the financing or credit card offers they always try to pitch when you're in BB anymore. People signed up for them without reading and fully understanding the T&C and then a year or more later they miss a payment or the promo period is done and they're hit with a TON of interest they didn't expect. Yet somehow it's not THEIR fault, it's Best Buy's fault for allowing such a 'shady' company to do business with them.

Since I joined CAG I've amassed such a backlog that even if I play games 24/7/365, I will likely have more than enough entertainment to keep me occupied until the middle of the NEXT gaming gen. So when a game ships a day or two after release, it's no biggie to me, since I will usually have a ton of other games I can sit and play through.

Honestly, I was disappointed, but I wasn't expecting anything. They probably would have lost business on this one single sale, but I would have gone back to Best Buy, I prefer them much more than other stores like Gamestop. I just thought this might help someone else.

Zarski843.jpg

#25 token2k6

token2k6

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:52 AM

man, so what freaking day can I buy this game!?! This game and Test Drive Ferarri whatever have been so elusive that I'm surprised they are even coming out..quick everyone go reserve the Test Drive one b/c I bet the same thing will happen..
Posted Image

My DVD/BD collection that out rivals my game collection: via DVD Profiler / My CAG tradelist.

#26 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

man, so what freaking day can I buy this game!?! This game and Test Drive Ferarri whatever have been so elusive that I'm surprised they are even coming out..quick everyone go reserve the Test Drive one b/c I bet the same thing will happen..

It is out in the US now. I have it (and it's awesome!). I preordered it from Amazon and had it on Tuesday. It seems that it is hard to find anywhere currently.

Just a temporary low availability since its brand new and not that popular in the US. I predict that by this time next week it will be in stock everywhere and easy to find.

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#27 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image
apologizeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee