[DEAD] 3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) $10, Wii Party w/Remote Wii $20 w/FS @Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Thanks to Discombobulated @Slick Deals

3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3), Mario Sluggers (Wii) $10, Wii Party with Wii Remote $20 + Free Shipping

Newegg

Deal Ends: 11:59pm PT 06/17/2012

:ps3:3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3)
:wii:Mario Sluggers (Nintendo Wii)
:wii:New U: Fitness First Yoga & Pilates (Nintendo Wii)
:wii:Animal Crossing: City Folk (Nintendo Wii)

$9.99 Each + Free Shipping

--

:ps3:Prince of Persia Trilogy (PS3)

$15.99 + Free Shipping (Shoprunner eligible) SOLD OUT

--

:wii:Wii Party with Remote Wii (Nintendo Wii)

$19.99 + Free Shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I heard 3D Dot Game Heroes is balls hard. Is there any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

3D Dot Game Heroes is tame compared to Demon's/Dark Souls - from what I played, anyway.

Well, I'm pacific coast, and I'll be getting one. If you want to paypal me the money and your address I can get it for you! =P lol

I might try to snag the PoP Trilogy, despite the crapiness of the port. Any plans of UbiSoft putting out a patch to fix the issues?

It'd be 2 A.M. for him, though.

Ohhh shit; I must've glazed over PDT. fuck that I'm waiting for tomorrow morning. Thanks for the heads up!

[quote name='Zaku77']Well, I'm pacific coast, and I'll be getting one. If you want to paypal me the money and your address I can get it for you! =P lol[/QUOTE]

Hah! No that's not necessary! Good lookin out bro.

[quote name='Jackovasaurus']I heard 3D Dot Game Heroes is balls hard. Is there any truth to this?[/QUOTE]

The platinum trophy is super hard and very time consuming. Playing it on regular once or twice through is doable for an above average gamer. There are some levels that are pretty time consuming where you have to figure out how to do something exactly right in order to keep going on. If you play it a second time through you keep a lot of stuff which can make it easier.

It's hard on Spelunker Mode. But if you have a fully upgraded Excliabur, it makes it a bit easier. Plating the game is time consuming since you have to farm/keep playing tower defense games to get gold blocks to buy all the swords.

This guy is spot on:

[quote name='MisterFleX']It's hard on Spelunker Mode. But if you have a fully upgraded Excliabur, it makes it a bit easier. Plating the game is time consuming since you have to farm/keep playing tower defense games to get gold blocks to buy all the swords.[/QUOTE]

Game is a tonne of fun. But not difficult until the New Game+ modes. You may have some trouble with the "kill Boss [blank] without getting hit" but once you're used to them it's easy. It's not tough like Demon and Dark Souls, more just the homage to Zelda 1 from From Software. Awesome game, especially if you grew up in the 80s. So many call outs to classic games.

I paid the $40 at launch, and easily got that much fun out of it. $10 is an awesome price for an awesome game.

Might get Mario Sluggers. I just hope its as good as the Gamecube Mario Baseball. PoP Trilogy is tempting but i can wait a little longer for that.

[quote name='earvcunanan']Nice, I'll definitely be in for 3D Dot Game Heroes.[/QUOTE]
3 Dot Heroes is 6 bucks in the KMart clearance bin. I bought 2 copies during the KMart Buy 1 Get 1 half off clearance game sale a week ago 9 bucks total. I know it's a pain to fish through all the crap in there to find them but this is CAG lol

Platinum would probably be very difficult. Just playing through the game normally has a good, but decently challenging, difficulty.

I wasn't aware of the PoP freezing issue. I was interested in picking up the PoP Trilogy, but I already own the PSN versions of SoT and TTT. But I figured having a hard copy of all three games would be a good idea. Same for Back to the Future. I own all 5 Episodes from the PSN, but I still want to get the physical copy (which has a Platinum while the PSN version does not).

3D Dot Game Heroes has its heart in the right place, but the game just isn't FUN. The entire time you are playing it you just feel like "yeah, these are some cute nods to Zelda, but I really just wish I was playing Link to the Past right now instead."

In for one on PoP.

I agree with others that 3D Dot seems like a chore to play. I started it on 3 separate occasions and finally forced myself to finish it. It just never sucked me in like the Zelda games.

[quote name='dlk10000']I agree with others that 3D Dot seems like a chore to play. I started it on 3 separate occasions and finally forced myself to finish it. It just never sucked me in like the Zelda games.[/QUOTE]
Well, then, I disagree with you and others. 3D Dot was a joy to play. It's somewhat of a chore to platinum, but most games should be. It's HD Zelda with cool design, better mechanics and swords that can extend across the entire screen... what's not to love? I wish I could erase the memory of playing this game from my mind so that I could experience it fresh all over again.

[quote name='breakfuss']I rrrrrrrrrrreally want to bite on 3d dot heroes, but I'm not sure. The conflicting opinions here don't help.[/QUOTE]

Seems pretty straightforward. If you're a fan of old school Zelda, then you should enjoy this game. For $10, I bit.

bread's done
Back