Thanks! Picking up 3d Dot Game Heroes for 10$

The Comfort Zone

Live/Recorded

#62 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

Bit on 3D Dot Game Heroes and Animal Crossing (hopefully it's the original, not the Nintendo Selects version).

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#63 jmarano7836

jmarano7836

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:02 PM

in for hopefully another platinum! in for 3d dot heroes
Rule#2: Double-Tap :twoguns: :twisted:

#64 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:46 AM

Damn missed out on PoP.

Do any of you guys know if Newegg sells the stuff legit new or are they shrink-wrapped not-new?

New games are usually in a Y-fold plastic covering, not shrink wrap (though not always).

#65 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Damn missed out on PoP.

Do any of you guys know if Newegg sells the stuff legit new or are they shrink-wrapped not-new?

New games are usually in a Y-fold plastic covering, not shrink wrap (though not always).

Brand spanking new

#66 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

except when they ship to kenshindono lolololololol

Brand spanking new

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#67 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

Seriously, I think just about any gamer would enjoy 3D DGH. I don't know how there can even be a debate at $10. Just get it. It was one of my favorite games of this generation and that's a steal for the amount of content. Just a fun fun game and you can even find some files online to import a replica of 8-bit Link. I'd love a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.

Oh, and I have to add the soundtrack is awesome. Heavily inspired by Zelda but a unique mixture of epic orchestral themes with chiptune sounds as well. Love it.

Edited by gubmccargen, 16 June 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#68 Japanaman

Japanaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Darn it. I paid $10 for a used Blockbuster copy of Super Sluggers, $20 for a new copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes from eStarland.com, and $20 for a Best Buy copy of Wii Party with no Wiimote.

#69 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Seriously, I think just about any gamer would enjoy 3D DGH. I don't know how there can even be a debate at $10. Just get it. It was one of my favorite games of this generation and that's a steal for the amount of content. Just a fun fun game and you can even find some files online to import a replica of 8-bit Link. I'd love a sequel but I doubt it will ever happen.

Oh, and I have to add the soundtrack is awesome. Heavily inspired by Zelda but a unique mixture of epic orchestral themes with chiptune sounds as well. Love it.

I completely agree! Although I'd recommend people mess around with the character creator themselves before downloading something since it's pretty fun and easy to use.

Also, in for Animal Crossing. Too bad Wii party doesn't have the motion plus remote.

#70 Shadow Enz

Shadow Enz

Shadow of a ghost

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I find it hard to believe that they consistently sell new, as I see some crazy prices on their gaming stuff sometimes.

I will learn from this experience whether or not it's new, and I'll respond to this thread accordingly, as I've ordered 3D Dot Heroes and some other stuff.
The path to hell lies between my fists, and your soul... Shun Goku Satsu!

You must exceed your limitations if you wish to survive.

Posted Image

#71 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

if thats ur logic then best buy dotd games have all been used =/ .

I find it hard to believe that they consistently sell new, as I see some crazy prices on their gaming stuff sometimes.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#72 PS3_Moose

PS3_Moose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:55 PM

Is Wii Party worth picking up? I was surprised to see that Gamespot gave it an 8 and Gametrailers a 7.9

#73 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

I will learn from this experience whether or not it's new, and I'll respond to this thread accordingly, as I've ordered 3D Dot Heroes and some other stuff.

I can't tell if you're serious or trolling...

Currently playing:
:psp: Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together - :) :bomb:

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#74 breakfuss

breakfuss

PRAISE Polygod ❤

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

soooooo, they're just flat out lying?

#75 Odinsfury

Odinsfury

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Dammit, couldn't pass up 3D dot... I need to stop checking this site.

#76 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

soooooo, they're just flat out lying?

He's from NYC. Everything is so expensive here I'm not surprised he expected to get shanked in the wallet.

#77 Grimms

Grimms

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:52 AM

If I didn't already own a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes, I would purchase it now. Game is a straight Zelda clone (Think "Link To The Past SNES" with HD graphics). 10/10 for me.

#78 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:02 AM

Picked up a copy of 3D Dot. Can't go wrong with a $10 price tag.

#79 io

io

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:38 AM

I didn't even know Wii Play had a "with remote" version.

The one Wii game I've been waiting forever to get cheap seems like it never will: the (newer) Wii Play Motion w/remote. It is $46.99 at Newegg #-o. Why couldn't that be $20?

#80 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Are you talking about the one that's on sale now at Gamefly for $14.99? Some posters said they got it with remote, despite what the site disclaimer says. I don't think many people ordered it, though.

#81 io

io

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Are you talking about the one that's on sale now at Gamefly for $14.99? Some posters said they got it with remote, despite what the site disclaimer says. I don't think many people ordered it, though.

I dunno - didn't see any Gamefly sale thread and yeah, I probably wouldn't risk it if it was just game-only and used. But it is the new version of Wii Play that came with the new Wii Remote Plus like 1 (or 2?) years ago. I'm just surprised it has never really been on sale or clearanced anywhere that I am aware of.