Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Battle Of The Games (75% off Pharoah+Cleopatra and others, vote for tomorrow's sales)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
5117 replies to this topic

#511 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:42 PM

If you buy Inquisitor on GOG, and if it gets greenlit on Steam, you can send an email to the dev and get a Steam key if you show proof of purchase.

#512 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hmmm, been waiting on The Real Texas, but again, seems ripe for bundlopolis.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#513 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

If you buy Inquisitor on GOG, and if it gets greenlit on Steam, you can send an email to the dev and get a Steam key if you show proof of purchase.

This is one of the first games I voted for in the Greenlight program. That's great (especially b/c I just bought it). :applause:

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#514 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Really??!?!
That's pretty damn cool of them. :D

Was this on their Twitter? GOG forum? Steam Forums?
Or what?

EDIT:
Found it (on the newer Steam Forums)!
AWESOME!

EDIT 2:
In for Inquisitor & Geneforge 1-5.

Edited by MysterD, 15 December 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#515 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 AM

Man, no one has been updating this? Good thing GOG is on my Twitter...

It is a little disappointing that they are only doing dailies as packs. For example, I'm looking to get Anachronox, but was a little disappointed that the only way I could get it discounted further was to buy it with Deus Ex and Thief games. Already own the Deus Ex games, so the pack isn't all that attractive.
Posted Image

#516 NeoGutsman

NeoGutsman

CAG Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:18 AM

It is a little disappointing that they are only doing dailies as packs. For example, I'm looking to get Anachronox, but was a little disappointed that the only way I could get it discounted further was to buy it with Deus Ex and Thief games. Already own the Deus Ex games, so the pack isn't all that attractive.

I felt the same way this morning. I was so ready to jump on Anachronox for $~1.50 or whatever that sub-$2 price was but was a little bummed that it was only if you bought it in the bundle. I still jumped in at the $3 it is now since that's still one heck of a deal. I'm a CAG but I like to choose my moments :)

#517 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

Man, no one has been updating this? Good thing GOG is on my Twitter...

Deal is over, but any games you already owned from GOG would count towards the bundle. I only paid $9.xx for Deus Ex: Invisible War and the Thief games since I owned Anachronox and Deus Ex already.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#518 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

Debating on The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena @$3.74 I apparently missed this game during its initial launch for some reason, but have heard surprisingly good reviews of it. What is the CAG's consensus on it?

#519 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

Deal is over, but any games you already owned from GOG would count towards the bundle. I only paid $9.xx for Deus Ex: Invisible War and the Thief games since I owned Anachronox and Deus Ex already.

I own Dues Ex and Invisible War on Steam, so that wouldn't have helped me.
Posted Image

#520 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:48 PM

So how does downloading these games work? Is their a program that they are installed to kind of like Steam? The only reason I am asking is because I am in the process of buying/building a new computer so I would like to pick up some games from all these holiday sales so I can play them on my new computer.

#521 hal

hal

Game Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Debating on The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena @$3.74 I apparently missed this game during its initial launch for some reason, but have heard surprisingly good reviews of it. What is the CAG's consensus on it?

It's a great game and well worth the price.

76561197971332172.png

#522 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

So how does downloading these games work? Is their a program that they are installed to kind of like Steam? The only reason I am asking is because I am in the process of buying/building a new computer so I would like to pick up some games from all these holiday sales so I can play them on my new computer.

GOG is pretty different. There is no client, but they do have a download manager now. The website acts as your collection with "shelves" that show all the games you own from them. Also, not to dissuade you from some great classic games, but these are generally older (7-15 years) and would run on much lower end machines.
Posted Image

#523 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

GOG is pretty different. There is no client, but they do have a download manager now. The website acts as your collection with "shelves" that show all the games you own from them. Also, not to dissuade you from some great classic games, but these are generally older (7-15 years) and would run on much lower end machines.

This. Also note that all of the games (except for a small few) are tooled with by GOG to run perfectly on new operating systems. Download speeds are good, and the games are DRM free (meaning you download the installer, install, and you're done).

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#524 derkduck

derkduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks everyone! Yeah most of these I could run on my computer, but I believe the new Alan Wake would struggle. That is the one I really wanted.

#525 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:06 AM

Thanks everyone! Yeah most of these I could run on my computer, but I believe the new Alan Wake would struggle. That is the one I really wanted.

You probably won't find it much cheaper than this price... I'd say just go ahead and nab it if you really want it.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#526 Motoki

Motoki

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:34 AM

Out of curiosity does anyone have any experience with GOG and newer games as far as if they post notifications when there are updates?

The only newer game I have from them is The Witcher 2 and while I did get notifications of updates for that when I login to GOG, it's their own game so it's kind of a no-brainer that they'd post update and patch notices.

It's just something I've been wondering about because I know GOG has been pushing more into new, albeit mostly indie, games of late.

I'm kind of bummed I missed the Inquisitor sale even though I'd much rather have it on Desura truth be told (or Steam but not holding my breath for that). Most indie devs seem to forget about Desura when it comes to sales though. :-(

#527 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:36 AM

I've received updates for an older RPG (forget which one), as well as Alan Wake (which is Remedy, not CDProjekt) multiple times, so yes they do put up a notification when you log in.

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#528 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

I've received updates for an older RPG (forget which one), as well as Alan Wake (which is Remedy, not CDProjekt) multiple times, so yes they do put up a notification when you log in.

Right, I only get them when I log in, be nice to get an email though. :-k

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#529 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Out of curiosity does anyone have any experience with GOG and newer games as far as if they post notifications when there are updates?

The only newer game I have from them is The Witcher 2 and while I did get notifications of updates for that when I login to GOG, it's their own game so it's kind of a no-brainer that they'd post update and patch notices.

It's just something I've been wondering about because I know GOG has been pushing more into new, albeit mostly indie, games of late.

I'm kind of bummed I missed the Inquisitor sale even though I'd much rather have it on Desura truth be told (or Steam but not holding my breath for that). Most indie devs seem to forget about Desura when it comes to sales though. :-(

They always post notifications and The Witcher 2 isn't their own game. >.>
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#530 Larce80

Larce80

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:52 AM

They always post notifications and The Witcher 2 isn't their own game. >.>

yea, its steams game!
Sign up at Greenmangaming with my link and we'll both get $2 credit when you make a purchase :)

#531 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

The Witcher 2 isn't their own game. >.>

GOG is run by CD Projekt, who made The Witcher games.

If you want more info...

uwkiCEr.gif

#532 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

I currently have 4 games that are marked as "Updated", including Resonance, which is a fairly new game.

Now, you might not get automatic updates like on Steam, but they do tell you about updates.
Posted Image

#533 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:35 AM

Riddick hasn't been below $5 on Steam, the Steam version has Tages, and there are no Steam Accomplishments.

There seems to be no good reason to choose Steam for this title over GOG.

#534 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:38 AM

I get notifications for games like FTL and Retro City Rampage. Of course GOG versions don't seem to get patched quite as quickly and I've often seen devs say things like, "Patch 1.03 is live on Steam and should be on GOG tomorrow." That makes me think that even when patches are done at the same time for both versions the process is slightly slower at GOG.

#535 Bios Element

Bios Element

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

GOG is run by CD Projekt, who made The Witcher games.

If you want more info...

Huh, I suppose that shows what I know then. >.>
Looking for a friendly little gaming community? You should check out BiosHub! We play a little bit of everything, from Natural Selection 2 and PlanetSide 2 to Guild Wars 2 and AI Wars. - http://bioshub.com/

#536 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Riddick hasn't been below $5 on Steam, the Steam version has Tages, and there are no Steam Accomplishments.

There seems to be no good reason to choose Steam for this title over GOG.

But... but... Steam won't record my gameplay hours... or... or let me download it from their content server if I don't buy it from them. :-#

#537 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:14 AM

But... but... Steam won't record my gameplay hours... or... or let me download it from their content server if I don't buy it from them. :-#

You can use XFire or Raptr for time-tracking.

#538 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:21 AM

Thanks CAGs, I ended up picking up Riddick...and into the backlog it goes. :)

#539 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

I'm amused. While I do find the tracking of the hours played interesting (mostly from a rough measure of how much game time did I get out of game-X, I'm a bit surprised by the sizable segment that really reaches out for it with XFire & Raptr (or wanting it on steam for the tracking).

In WoW /played time was a number that would come up a couple times a year, we'd compare numbers, and then try to forget.

It does really make me wonder what my /played time would be for Deathlord or Wasteland. Or even Dune 2, Carmageddon, I76, Diablo 1 & 2.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Amazon $5 off w/EC List
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#540 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Steam offline doesn't record time for me 90% of the time anyways, so I don't really care one way or the other.

uwkiCEr.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved