Photo
* * * * * 8 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Battle Of The Games (75% Unreal series, vote for the next sales)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
5092 replies to this topic

#931 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:20 AM

I owned nothing from that bundle, so I just bought the whole pack. After I did, I went back to check & see if I could buy individual games from the pack to help out other CAGs. But I'm only given the option to gift the entire pack. Not sure how that would work for people who already own a game or two from the pack. If you gifted the pack to them, would they end up with giftable copies of the extra games? Or would those games just be lost?

#932 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:25 AM

I owned nothing from that bundle, so I just bought the whole pack. After I did, I went back to check & see if I could buy individual games from the pack to help out other CAGs. But I'm only given the option to gift the entire pack. Not sure how that would work for people who already own a game or two from the pack. If you gifted the pack to them, would they end up with giftable copies of the extra games? Or would those games just be lost?

Pretty sure that once you own the entire pack, you can make individual purchases or combine them however you want. Just mark which game(s) you want on a purchase and the 80% should be reflected.

#933 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:37 AM

Pretty sure that once you own the entire pack, you can make individual purchases or combine them however you want. Just mark which game(s) you want on a purchase and the 80% should be reflected.

Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case with this promo. Here is what it looks like for me:
Spoiler

The only option I have is to click on the "Gift Entire Pack" button at the bottom left corner of that image. I'm not sure if this is just for this promo, or if this is how they're handling it from now on. But fox might be right. This might be them fixing a loophole that has been exploited by us in the past.

#934 aeonus

aeonus

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 06 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

They should each be $1.99 to begin with 365 days/year. I know some of these gog games were good in their day, but trying to charge $10 each for games from two decades ago, they should be ashamed of themselves. The developers got paid years ago, time to charge smartphone or bargain bin prices for what are essentially now smartphone quality games. Better yet, allow fans of these museum pieces to host the files for free.

#935 ObsidianSpire

ObsidianSpire

Obsidian FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

Re: how to extend the 80% off discount for an individual title if purchaser already owns the whole lot.

Just navigate to each individual game page, click gift this to a friend under the purchase button, and you should see the price shift to the promo one inside your cart. From there, just have the person who only wants some of the games pay via Paypal/Amazon, etc. and you can then send to their email in the purchase options/checkout.

I own all of the games now, so if a couple of you want the 80% help feel free to PM me.

jybOVvmATuEqX.png

Support Team CAG for Extra Life 2013 in November! Join us in our quest or donate. :D LINK

Current Contest/Giveaway: 

Donate to Extra Life & win one of 12 signed Red Orchestra 2 copies!

#936 Llamaw00d

Llamaw00d

Don't Panic!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

I had all of the games besides NWN2 and I was able to get it for $3.99. I don't think I did any trick to get that price, it was just there on the right hand side below the ticker.

btw I am still waiting for them to get the Gold Box Series.

#937 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:07 PM

I'd love to get NWN2 myself, but I'm not sure that works on this one. I got help from someone last time as well.

NWN2
I guess the problem for me is - I own a fair amount of the D&D games from Retail already, hehe.

NWN2 (base game) is pretty good - it feels like a classic party-based traditional style RPG like BG series, since we have full party control here;
NWN2: Mask of the Betrayer expansion is great...and similar to PST;
and NWN2: Storm of Zehir expansion is good...and reminds me a bit of IwD 1.

What I'm Missing
For BG1 - I'm only missing Tales of the Sword Coast.

For NWN1 -> I'm missing Kingmaker premium mod compilation pack (contains Witch's Wake Remastered, ShadowGuard, and Kingmaker);
and I am missing many of the NWN Modules (Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr, and Infinite Dungeons) that came out after the above said compilation pack.

For NWN2 -> I never played Mysteries of Westgate, so if I do need to eventually get NWN2: Complete, I need it when it's dirt cheap.

Oh, I'm also missing Dragonshard and Demon Stone.

#938 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hrm, slightly frustrated that it appears you can gift individual games at cost when I had asked about that previously and was told that it wasn't possible this time. Ah well what's done is done, and I own them all now so I'm also happy to gift individual games if people want, although I'm not sure how much I'll be around this weekend.

#939 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 03:23 PM

got it

Edited by warreni, 08 April 2013 - 06:59 PM.
A kind CAG helped me out!

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#940 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

talkinrock's future son in law

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

If some can grab an extra NWN2 for me, I'd be very appreciative. Will reimburse you via PayPal this evening. :)

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#941 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:18 PM

Unfortunately, that does not appear to be the case with this promo. Here is what it looks like for me:

Spoiler

The only option I have is to click on the "Gift Entire Pack" button at the bottom left corner of that image. I'm not sure if this is just for this promo, or if this is how they're handling it from now on. But fox might be right. This might be them fixing a loophole that has been exploited by us in the past.

My mistake. I think you actually have to go to the game's main page, and the 80% off should be reflected there. If not, hmmm.... People have definitely been buying individual games at 80% off because of owning all of them.

#942 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

My mistake. I think you actually have to go to the game's main page, and the 80% off should be reflected there. If not, hmmm.... People have definitely been buying individual games at 80% off because of owning all of them.

Yeah you've gotta go to the game's page to do it.

#943 SScorpio

SScorpio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:26 PM

You have to go to the individual page for the game. It will say you already own it and will only give you the option to gift it. The gift price will show the price with just 40% off, but it will be added to your cart at the 80% off price.

#944 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

This D&D deal is good enough to get my first GOG purchase. After downloading them yesterday, that is 23GB of games and content for $20. Not sure what to try first though the Baldurs Gate games were something I had meant to play at some point.

#945 sleeping_lights_on

sleeping_lights_on

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

All their sales should be 80% off. I'd buy alot more.

#946 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:04 PM

a lot.

:)

#947 TheThoughtlessOne

TheThoughtlessOne

Blame Jon Irenicus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:54 PM

This D&D deal is good enough to get my first GOG purchase. After downloading them yesterday, that is 23GB of games and content for $20. Not sure what to try first though the Baldurs Gate games were something I had meant to play at some point.

I'd recommend that you did the engine swap mod, it upgrades the first game to the BG2 version of the infinity engine. It takes some time, but it definitely takes the edge off the fact that the game is 14 years old.

#948 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:04 PM

I'd recommend that you did the engine swap mod, it upgrades the first game to the BG2 version of the infinity engine. It takes some time, but it definitely takes the edge off the fact that the game is 14 years old.

This one good?

http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

Blade Symphony - $5 (Steam), Borderlands 2 - $6 (Steam), Last Knight - $2 (Steam)

uwkiCEr.gif

#949 Jugglenaut

Jugglenaut

Horseshoe Goldfish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:06 PM

http://hyperboleanda...ything.html?m=1

#950 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Posted Image

uwkiCEr.gif

#951 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:55 PM

So do any of these D&D games activate on STEAM?

I've never used GOG before.

#952 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

GOG is DRM free, and has its own game library for what you buy, as well as an optional downloader you can install that gives pretty damn good speeds. GOG games also almost always come with extras (OSTs, art books, manuals, reference cards, etc).

But no, no Steam keys.

uwkiCEr.gif

#953 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

Funniest damn thing on the Internet at this exact minute!

#954 INCyr

INCyr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:39 PM

Posted Image

And now my Gaming Backlog has a name. Thanks.

#955 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:20 AM

And now my Gaming Backlog has a name. Thanks.

And a mascot. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

SwagBucks
: Take surveys, click shit to get points to buy gift cards. Get a $5 Amazon GC on a slow month.

http://www.gamersgat.../ggtagi/3687091 Posted Image

#956 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

This one good?

http://usoutpost31.com/easytutu/

That's the one I always use. There's another one some people like called Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Either choice is better than trying to play the first Baldur's Gate game as is. Just be aware that both of the mods require you to have both Baldur's Gate games.

#957 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:46 AM

That's the one I always use. There's another one some people like called Baldur's Gate Trilogy. Either choice is better than trying to play the first Baldur's Gate game as is. Just be aware that both of the mods require you to have both Baldur's Gate games.

Yeah, I just downloaded BGT. I do have both games, so I think I'm gonna try that since it links them together and works with all the expansions and whatnot. Seems to be the vastly more popular choice.

uwkiCEr.gif

#958 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:43 AM

Egads. I bought the two collection packs for about $14 on GG last winter (with the IGN Prime discount), and I still want to buy them all on GOG with this kind of deal. But I will show restraint!

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#959 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:28 PM

Egads. I bought the two collection packs for about $14 on GG last winter (with the IGN Prime discount), and I still want to buy them all on GOG with this kind of deal. But I will show restraint!

I didn't grab them on GG, and know that they will be cheaper there at some point. GOG might be a better place to get them from, however, and the extra cost may be worth it.

#960 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2013 - 12:18 PM

Hey, if anybody wants me to gift them stuff from this weekend's promo, shoot me a PM. I have everything except these: Fallout Tactics, Freespace 2, Descent 1 + 2, Sacrifice, Earthworm Jim 1 + 2, MDK 1, MDK 2, Shogo, Kingpin, and Screamer 2.

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved