Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Electrifying EA Classics (only 60% off)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7484 replies to this topic

#31 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

OP updated.

I just have to go through that annoying hassle of calling my bank so I can spend money at Gog. That's the biggest headache when dealing with these foreign sites.

Why don't you use PayPal?

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#32 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:07 AM

I've bought 5 or so games from them and PayPal has worked without a hitch every time. GOG has been around for awhile and is completely legit also, so there's really nothing to worry about.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#33 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

Serious Sam: The Second Encounter $3.59 (40% off)
Postal 2: Complete $3.99 (60% off)

Next Round
Gothic
vs
Arx Fatalis
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#34 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

This site take Paypal or you gotta give them your credit card info? I really don't need to hand out my CC info to any more random sites.

Yes, they accept paypal.

#35 TotalHenshin

TotalHenshin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Very eager to see the rest of the line-up. It's nice that they discount the loser too. I love GOG.

#36 argyle

argyle

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

Can't believe Postal 2 won. I tell ya, anyone who voted for that game deserves it - horrible, horrible game. And I'm not talking about it being offensive, I'm talking about it being crap to play.
Posted Image

#37 lupe guillotine

lupe guillotine

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:09 PM

Can't believe Postal 2 won. I tell ya, anyone who voted for that game deserves it - horrible, horrible game. And I'm not talking about it being offensive, I'm talking about it being crap to play.

I believe since some people already own the Second Encounter since it's been in some bundle before (I think lighting Royal bundle) that some voted for the other game instead. some some some

#38 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

OP updated. Nothing for me today (thankfully).

I voted for Arx Fatalis. It's cheaper and sounds more interesting to me than Gothic. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but what did you guys vote for?

bZ2g3eF.png

#39 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

I believe since some people already own the Second Encounter since it's been in some bundle before (I think lighting Royal bundle) that some voted for the other game instead. some some some

That and the complete Serious Sam pack was really cheap a while back on Steam. The Second Encounter just isn't a good deal at 60% off on gog compared to any of the deals in the past few months.

#40 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

OP updated. Nothing for me today (thankfully).

I voted for Arx Fatalis. It's cheaper and sounds more interesting to me than Gothic. Perhaps I'm in the minority, but what did you guys vote for?

I voted for Gothic myself as I already played Arx Fatalis on the original XBOX. I had bought it brand new since I had just played Morrowind and wanted something similar. It's definitely more focused and linear than Morrowind was (I had to buy the strategy guide just to figure out what I was supposed to be doing), but it's a great RPG. I was so intrigued with the world the developers had created and would have gladly bought a sequel.

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#41 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

I've heard good things about Gothic, but I guess Arx just piqued my interest a bit more. Plus it's so much cheaper, lol.

Thanks for the info. ;)

bZ2g3eF.png

#42 nitman99

nitman99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:45 AM

Anyone think there's a chance of Deus Ex GOTY coming up in the Battle of the Games to combat Steam's sale? It still wouldn't be as cheap even at 60% off but I'd rather get it with extras.

#43 Argive

Argive

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

Vote Arx Fatalis!
Posted Image

#44 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

Vote Arx Fatalis!

ok, i did cause you told me to. As it stands now, it's comfortably ahead. Honestly I liked the concept of being underground better than gothic anyway, never played them though, but now's a good a time as any.

Gothic Ark
4897 5441

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#45 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:50 AM

Anyone think there's a chance of Deus Ex GOTY coming up in the Battle of the Games to combat Steam's sale? It still wouldn't be as cheap even at 60% off but I'd rather get it with extras.

Impossible to say this sale isn't following any theme besides the pairs of games being of the same genre. Myst and 7th Guest (puzzle/adventure games), Serious Sam and Postal (shooters), Gothic and Arx (RPGs).

I'd guess no, since there has already been a shooter versus shooter vote. Who knows though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#46 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Arx Fatalis $2.39 (60% off)
Gothic $5.99 (40% off)

Next Round
Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars:The Director's Cut
vs
The Last Express

#47 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Does anybody have any opinions or would recommend Gothic or Arx Fatalis at these prices? Also as far as Gothic is concerned, assuming it's a worthwhile game, I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be more cost effective to get the 3-pack on Steam, which is currently $20 but that I would wait for a sale on if anybody thinks that a sale on these games would be forthcoming.

#48 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Does anybody have any opinions or would recommend Gothic or Arx Fatalis at these prices? Also as far as Gothic is concerned, assuming it's a worthwhile game, I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be more cost effective to get the 3-pack on Steam, which is currently $20 but that I would wait for a sale on if anybody thinks that a sale on these games would be forthcoming.

Almost everything will be on sale, on steam during the summer sale which looks like it will be next week.

#49 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Does anybody have any opinions or would recommend Gothic or Arx Fatalis at these prices?

I paid full price and beat Arx Fatalis back in the day for the Xbox. Fantastic game, immersive world, it definitely filled the void left after I did all I wanted to do in Morrowind. For this price, you can't go wrong.

Almost everything will be on sale, on steam during the summer sale which looks like it will be next week.

Steam is cool and all, but the Vampire Masequerade: Bloodlines I bought off of them awhile back would not work on my computer and I'm too lazy to look up fan patches/mods. I love the fact GOG does all the hard work for me on making sure the game will work and the fact that it's DRM free means they get my business far more than Steam.

#50 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

Heh heh, yeah that was kinda what I was banking on when I made the comment about a sale, so I figure it's probably better just to wait for the summer sale and see. :D

#51 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I paid full price and beat Arx Fatalis back in the day for the Xbox. Fantastic game, immersive world, it definitely filled the void left after I did all I wanted to do in Morrowind. For this price, you can't go wrong.

Cool, thanks. I'm assuming that even though they don't explicitly state it, the game has also been made compatible with Win7 since nearly all of their old games are - does anybody know if I'm correct in that assumption?

#52 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

OP updated. (I wake up late and my timezone doesn't help; sorry it's a bit delayed each day.)

I'm somewhat surprised that The Last Express is blowing away Broken Sword. I've actually heard of Broken Sword and heard good things about it. I've never even heard of The Last Express and it's winning by a landslide. Perhaps I've just heard of the more obscure title.

Cool, thanks. I'm assuming that even though they don't explicitly state it, the game has also been made compatible with Win7 since nearly all of their old games are - does anybody know if I'm correct in that assumption?

Yes. As it states in the OP:

If you haven't bought from GOG before, all of their games are no-hassle DRM free and almost all of them come with bonus content (soundtracks, wallpapers, concept art, etc). These are also old games that typically would not work on new operating systems like Vista and Win7. GOG tweaks all their games to work perfectly with any system!

bZ2g3eF.png

#53 Mugatu

Mugatu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Alone in the Dark 1+2+3 $3.59
Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) $2.39

Argh! So ticked I missed Fahrenheit!

#54 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Argh! So ticked I missed Fahrenheit!

If it's any consolation, the game is pretty cheap as it is. If you really want it, an extra $3 or so isn't too bad.

Otherwise it will probably be a long time before it's on sale again. :cry: GOG deals are sparse because their normal prices are pretty good as is.

bZ2g3eF.png

#55 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:05 AM

Yes. As it states in the OP:

Ok, yeah I read and already knew that; I was just asking if anybody had experience with this particular game on Win7 since GOG also almost always includes Win7 in the list of compatible OS's and doesn't with this one. But I'm assuming it was just an erroneous omission since they do generally tweak all their older games to work properly with current operating systems.

#56 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Hm, well I'm not sure then. I've never heard of a GOG game not working on Win7 (it's kind of their "thing" that the games play on anything), but I can't be sure. If you do bite on it let us know whether or not it works for you. For the price I'd call it worth the risk (if you want the game).

bZ2g3eF.png

#57 Rockopotamus

Rockopotamus

My riffs are bottomless.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:29 AM

The Last Express is such an amazing experience. Seriously, experience. I remember getting it years ago and just being pulled into the game. I had never played anything like it before and I'm honestly not sure I have ever since. Comes highly recommended.

#58 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

Getting it as soon as I wake up tomorrow. :)

Firepowerr.png

#59 rockykai

rockykai

Let's hope for the best...less than a month...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:54 AM

Decided not to bite on Arx Fatalis. I still never played either of the Ultima Underworlds (and I KNOW I'm getting them if they go on sale), any of the Might and Magic games (which are in the same boat), and I know I'm itching to get a good copy of Master of Orion 2. Hell, I never played much of the original Ultimas.

Too many games to get and even if I really want Arx in the future it can wait more than a year anyway.

Knowing my luck, the Ultimas and Might and Magics 1-6 will be on the same day (at least they would be on sale but still...)

#60 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templars: The Director's Cut $3.59 (40% off)
The Last Express $2.39 (60% off)

Next Round
UFO: Afterlight
vs.
Jagged Alliance 2

This review is really pushing me to buying The Last Express:
(Warning: Spoilers!)

Edited by Bosamba, 23 June 2012 - 01:47 PM.