Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: GOG's 6th Birthday Sale Ongoing (Year 3 games on sale, Alone in the Dark, Dungeon Keeper 2, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7662 replies to this topic

#331 Alien Spider

Alien Spider

VIGILANTE JUSTICE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:53 PM

Awesome, picked up all three Legacy of Kain games included in the sale!

#332 GlassDarkly

GlassDarkly

The Boney King of Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:58 PM

Does anybody know if the Kain games or Pandemonium or the Tomb Raider games work with a controller?

#333 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:00 PM

Does anybody know if the Kain games or Pandemonium or the Tomb Raider games work with a controller?

Even if they don't, a program like Joy2Key makes a controller work with anything. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#334 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Awesome! Picked up the Thief trilogy - might go back for more. Now if they put Sierra games on sale, I'll pick up the Krondor games, and I'll be ecstatic.

#335 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Fantastic deal on Anachronox. This is the first time it's been discounted on GOG, if you have any interest in it, buy it now. Grabbed it and Pandemonium, still wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider and Kain series.

#336 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

Fantastic deal on Anachronox. This is the first time it's been discounted on GOG, if you have any interest in it, buy it now. Grabbed it and Pandemonium, still wondering if I should get the Tomb Raider and Kain series.

Is there a reason to grab the GoG version if I have the original retail version?

#337 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for updating the thread, zoozilla.

Title updated. Not sure what to grab here... I have no money!

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#338 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

In for Anachronox.

#339 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:12 AM

In for Anachronox.

Decided to grab it too. If all else fails, it was $2.39 and my mom my enjoy it, lol.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#340 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:16 AM

The Thief series is really awesome. It's the ancestor of Assassin's Creed, and in many ways I prefer it. It's dated, but the stealth elements and strategic gameplay are superb. If you don't already have it, buy it.

Also, this music video will help:

Spoiler

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#341 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:20 AM

The Thief series is really awesome. It's the ancestor of Assassin's Creed, and in many ways I prefer it. It's dated, but the stealth elements and strategic gameplay are superb. If you don't already have it, buy it.

I need to go back and find all the fan-made missions that I have for Thief - some of those were amazing.

#342 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2012 - 04:35 AM

This was not a good time to lose my job...
Posted Image

#343 Thrakker

Thrakker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:43 AM

I wonder why Blood Omen 2 isn't on sale. It's one of the few S-E games not on sale. The others that aren't on sale were all recent releases on GOG.

#344 Foxhack

Foxhack

Bad at math

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Blood Omen 2, Startopia, Urban Chaos and Gangsters came out less than a month ago. It's kinda soon for them to go on sale.

foxhack.jpg

#345 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:54 AM

If you have Thief 2, make sure you get the NEW Unofficial Patch 1.19...
If you have Thief 1, make sure you get the newest TFix (that uses T2 Patch 1.19 namely for the New Dark Engine).

You really need these to run the game stable and solid on modern systems at high-res's and to keep the game from acting up, crashing, or any other madness for God knows what reason...

#346 rapsodist

rapsodist

My Heart Is a 16-Bit Chip

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:01 AM

If you have Thief 2, make sure you get the NEW Unofficial Patch 1.19...
If you have Thief 1, make sure you get the newest TFix (that uses T2 Patch 1.19 namely for the New Dark Engine).

You really need these to run the game stable and solid on modern systems at high-res's and to keep the game from acting up, crashing, or any other madness for God knows what reason...

Is this something that's necessary even for GOG's version of the games? I thought they update their versions of the games to stay current.

#347 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:10 AM

Is this something that's necessary even for GOG's version of the games? I thought they update their versions of the games to stay current.

I honestly can't speak on GOG Version - since I have the OLD versions of T1 and T2 from Retail; and System Shock 2 (another Dark Engine game).
Maybe someone else can speak on that...?

Seriously - those Old Dark Engine games (T1, T2, and SS2) can be a ROYAL pain to get going and keep going stable; especially on modern hardware.

The New Dark Engine (that T2 Unofficial Patch 1.19 introduced, SS2 Patch 2.24 introduced, and TFFix V 1.11 introduced into T1) basically fixed any sort of oddness from sound issues, also added support for Open AL, stops crashes, allow NEW high-res support, uses a new renderer for the FMV's, and all kinds of other stuff - so it runs nice on modern systems.

#348 DWulf

DWulf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:56 AM

If you get Thief 1 or 2, you should also check out the fan made missions at http://www.thief-thecircle.com/

Some of those missions are awesome.

#349 DRM-Free

DRM-Free

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:01 AM

Personally, I'm surprised by how much I spent. I picked up the three Legacy of Kain titles as well as Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness. (Don't look at me like that; I always wanted to play the Tomb Raider that got Core Design shut down.)

As always, DRM-Free. I'd say that's not bad at all for under $12.

#350 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:54 AM

I find that out of all my purchases, I tend to regret GOG ones the least, lol.

bZ2g3eF.png

#351 AMillsy

AMillsy

Northern Michigan CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

I already bought Anachronox a while back. Snag it if you haven't.

Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.

#352 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:01 AM

Full disclosure, my uncle is Tom Hall, creator of this game and thus my Keen avatar (from his id days). I'm very biased...but I love this game. Great voice acting, great writing...just a great game. It's really an adventure game disguised as an RPG according to Tom.

You didn't even get it for free!?

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#353 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

60% off sale prices valid until Tuesday Ocober 9 at 3:59 AM GMT.

http://www.gog.com/e...promo_05_10_12/

GABRIEL KNIGHT: SINS OF THE FATHERS
$2.39
GABRIEL KNIGHT 2: THE BEAST WITHIN
$2.39
GABRIEL KNIGHT 3: BLOOD OF THE SACRED, BLOOD OF THE DAMNED
$2.39
INTERSTATE '76 ARSENAL, THE
$2.39
INTERSTATE '82
$2.39
ZEUS + POSEIDON (ACROPOLIS)
$3.99
CAESAR 3
$2.39
PHARAOH + CLEOPATRA
$3.99
VAMPIRE THE MASQUERADE - REDEMPTION
$2.39
QUEST FOR GLORY 1-5
$3.99
BETRAYAL AT KRONDOR PACK
$2.39
RETURN TO KRONDOR
$2.39
PHANTASMAGORIA
$3.99
PHANTASMAGORIA 2
$2.39
CALL TO POWER 2
$2.39
KING'S QUEST 1+2+3
$3.99
KING'S QUEST 4+5+6
$3.99
KING'S QUEST 7+8
$3.99
POLICE QUEST 1+2+3+4
$3.99
POLICE QUEST: SWAT 1+2
$3.99
SPACE QUEST 1+2+3
$3.99
SPACE QUEST 4+5+6
$3.99
ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA
$2.39
SWAT 3: TACTICAL GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION
$3.99
DARK REIGN + EXPANSION
$3.99
DARK REIGN 2
$2.39
TORIN'S PASSAGE
$2.39
ZORK ANTHOLOGY, THE
$2.39
RETURN TO ZORK
$2.39
ZORK NEMESIS: THE FORBIDDEN LANDS
$2.39
ZORK: GRAND INQUISITOR
$2.39

Promo Details
Spoiler

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#354 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

Tell your uncle I helped Kickstart his new RPG. I hope they reach their goal so they can make two of them.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#355 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:15 PM

So uh.. which out of the Activision titles are must haves?

#356 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

So uh.. which out of the Activision titles are must haves?

If you liked the old Fallout 1 & 2 classics (turn-based, party-based strategic-style RPG)...
ARCANUM!

Arcanum is SEVERELY underrated.
Arcanum is a mix of steampunk, Industrial Era, Victorian era & medieval-fantasy.

Make sure you turn-off Real-Time Mode, unless you got a fast character. Or, you'll NEVER have a chance.
Throw it into classic Turn-Based Mode - so it plays fair and plays like Fallout 1 & 2.

Though, it's a Troika Game, which are usually quite buggy...
...so make sure you do get the newest Unofficial Patch from DrogBlackTooth.

EDIT:
Arcanum has a very unique soundtrack and is one of the best game-soundtracks I've ever heard.

#357 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

That's awesome about your uncle creating commander keen. I seriously spent so much time with that game, just popping around on the pogo stick all the time while I was a young kid. I was actually just talking to someone about that game (and the XFL for some odd reason) the other day.

Now on topic... which is the best Thief game to get now? I wont have time to play all of them so id rather take a suggestion about which is best. Also are there any texture or graphics mods for any of then that will work with Windows 7?

#358 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

If you liked the old Fallout 1 & 2 classics (turn-based, party-based strategic-style RPG)...
ARCANUM!

Arcanum is SEVERELY underrated.
Arcanum is a mix of steampunk, Industrial Era, Victorian era & medieval-fantasy.

Make sure you turn-off Real-Time Mode, unless you got a fast character. Or, you'll NEVER have a chance.
Throw it into classic Turn-Based Mode - so it plays fair and plays like Fallout 1 & 2.

Though, it's a Troika Game, which are usually quite buggy...
...so make sure you do get the newest Unofficial Patch from DrogBlackTooth.

EDIT:
Arcanum has a very unique soundtrack and is one of the best game-soundtracks I've ever heard.

Alright, I'll probably buy Arcanum. What about the other games?

#359 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm a sucker for adventure games. I'll be buying all the Gabriel knight games.

#360 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

That's the only one I really played & have out of the club.

I do have VTM: Redemption from GOG (and I've had it for a while, too) - but I ain't even played it yet...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved