Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Indie RPG Mix 60% off (Shadowrun Returns, SotS: The Pit, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7362 replies to this topic

#1351 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:09 AM

The games that were supposed to not be 50% off anymore (Interplay, Square Enix) seem to all still be discounted.

#1352 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

Those that are interested on Unepic from GOG will have the chance to get and steam key with your purchase until today only. The dev just posted an update on the community hub for the game: http://steamcommunit...274030602850436

Thanks for the Head's up. I have it courtesy of one of The July Jubilee Indie Royale. I knew that they were giving out steam keys for it, but I didn't realize that there was a deadline to claim your steam key. I guess I'd better hop on over there and grab mine.

#1353 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

Thanks for the Head's up. I have it courtesy of one of The July Jubilee Indie Royale. I knew that they were giving out steam keys for it, but I didn't realize that there was a deadline to claim your steam key. I guess I'd better hop on over there and grab mine.

If you got it from the Indie Royale you should be able to claim your key anytime you want (doens't hurts to claim it now tho), however any person who buys the game outside steam after tomorrow will not get an steam key. I think they realized people were double dipping (like i did :P) and getting two versions of the game for half price.

Tretton.png

#1354 Woodlands

Woodlands

spɹɐʍʞɔɐq sı ƃuıɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

never heard of it, but that actually looks pretty fun. $5 is much for me, but if it gets bundled as everything seems to, I definitely get in on that. Also great of the dev to give steam keys for those that already own the game :)

It's a blast. I put about 17 hours into it last week -- way more than I typically play for.  I'm almost done.  It's a great blend of Metroidvania and some RPG elements.  Most fun I've had with an indie in years.

#1355 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

GOG 2013 Summer Sale Day 09

50% off Fez - $4.99

66% off Dyad - $4.99

66% off Hotline Miami - $3.33

66% off Retro City Rampage $4.99

75% off Waking Mars

75% off Tiny & Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - $2.49

PAST SALE DAYS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 01 -

Spoiler

DAY 02 -

Spoiler

DAY 03 -

Spoiler

DAY 04 -

Spoiler

DAY 05 -

Spoiler

DAY 06 -

Spoiler

Day 07 -

Spoiler

Day 08 -

Spoiler

#1356 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

GOG 2013 Summer Sale Day 10

66% or 50% off Arma Recruitment Pack  - Full bundle cost $13.91

Arma: Gold Edition  - $3.39 or $4.99

Arma: Cold War Assault  - $2.03 or $2.99

Arma 2: Combined Operations  - $8.49 or $12.49

75% or 50% off Complete Ultima Chest  - Full bundle cost $8.94

Ultima 1, 2 & 3 - $1.49 or $2.99

Ultima 4, 5 & 6 - $1.49 or $2.99

Ultima 7: complete - $1.49 or $2.99

Ultima 8: Gold Edition - $1.49 or $2.99

Ultima 9: Ascension - $1.49 or $2.99

Ultima Underworld 1 & 2 - $1.49 or $2.99

PAST SALE DAYS

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAY 01 -

Spoiler

DAY 02 -

Spoiler

DAY 03 -

Spoiler

DAY 04 -

Spoiler

DAY 05 -

Spoiler

DAY 06 -

Spoiler

Day 07 -

Spoiler

Day 08 -

Spoiler

Day 09 -

Spoiler

#1357 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:07 PM

They did wrong showing all the possible bundles at the middle of the sale...

76561198025176705.png

#1358 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

They did wrong showing all the possible bundles at the middle of the sale...

They actually have done this the past couple big sales I can remember

Indie Gala Codemasters / January bundles $2.50 each. Indie Gala Capsule Computers $3.65 each. 70+ Steam keys for sale. Check out my trade thread. Direct Link:
Need to buy something from Green Man Gaming? Use this referral link and create an account and make a purchase then both of our accounts will be credited $2

#1359 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

They actually have done this the past couple big sales I can remember

Yep. Holiday sale 2012

76561198025176705.png

#1360 Palinn

Palinn

Skip the odds.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

Is anyone who owns the Ultima bundle interested in getting Ultima 7 Complete for me?

Edited:  The End has me covered.  Thanks!

#1361 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

For those keeping score at home, here are the Day 04 deals that have yet to be featured outside of that day.

Spoiler

The Telltale games weren't originally a bundle. I grouped them together like that for the sake of keeping the list somewhat orderly. But they are likely to all go on sale on the same day when the repeat day comes around. So if we count that as a bundle, there are 11 bundles to be repeated. As well as a bunch of one shot deals that will likely get featured as a group.

Is anyone who owns the Ultima bundle interested in getting Ultima 7 Complete for me?

Yeah, I can help you with that. I'll send you a PM.

#1362 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

I can recommend Ultima Underworld. Cool oldschool first person RPG. Eat your heart out, Skyram!

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1363 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

I can recommend Ultima Underworld. Cool oldschool first person RPG. Eat your heart out, Skyram!

I can even recommend ultima 8! Yes, it's not a proper Ultima game, but it's good on it's own (with all the patches, that I believe the gog version already has)

That's the game that convinced me to buy a soundblaster back then. After playing it on a friend's computer, with all the sounds and voices, I ran and ask my parents for a "creative kit", soundblaster + cd-rom. It came with a TON of games, including ultima 8 complete. I paid $500 for that kit. Well, my dad did :)

Good memories

76561198025176705.png

#1364 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:10 AM

Okay....in the Ultima Collection, which of the games in that series is highly recommended and the best one(s) in the franchise?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#1365 jrodri86

jrodri86

Meh, i'll wait to get it for a cheaper price.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

All this Ultima talk only reminds me that Arx Fatalis is not on sale :(

Tretton.png

#1366 CrimsonTribe

CrimsonTribe

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Okay....in the Ultima Collection, which of the games in that series is highly recommended and the best one(s) in the franchise?

The games are surprisingly different in style and obviously have aged differently. My list is based on how much I enjoyed them when they came out - I wonder how it would change if I went back and replayed them.

Ultima 5 - I prefer squad based rpg's and I thought this was the most rpg-like of the series (I do enjoy the Ultima games, but I think of them more as RPG heavy adventure games, some with more emphasis on the adventure aspects)

Ultima 4

Ultima 3 - I probably enjoyed 3, 4 and 5 about the same amount because I played each of them soon after they came out, but I have them ranked chronologically because each new version offered clear improvements

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 - Amazing at the time - still hold up but sorry Idiotekque, I can't imagine playing them instead of Skyrim :)

Ultima 1 - Probably too dated today, but I played it back in the day and was pretty amazed at the idea of playing an rpg without pen and paper

Ultima 9 - Unfortunately it was pretty linear, but something about seeing Ultima in 3D appealed to me

Ultima 6 - Too much of an adventure game, barely any combat (the jungle one with the same engine was pretty fun though. I could never get into the Mars one)

Ultima 7 - Sorry juanjava, but this was also too much of an adventure game

Ultima 8 - just couldn't get into it

Ultima 2 - never played

Workin on it

#1367 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

The games are surprisingly different in style and obviously have aged differently. My list is based on how much I enjoyed them when they came out - I wonder how it would change if I went back and replayed them.

Ultima 5 - I prefer squad based rpg's and I thought this was the most rpg-like of the series (I do enjoy the Ultima games, but I think of them more as RPG heavy adventure games, some with more emphasis on the adventure aspects)

Ultima 4

Ultima 3 - I probably enjoyed 3, 4 and 5 about the same amount because I played each of them soon after they came out, but I have them ranked chronologically because each new version offered clear improvements

Ultima Underworld 1 and 2 - Amazing at the time - still hold up but sorry Idiotekque, I can't imagine playing them instead of Skyrim :)

Ultima 1 - Probably too dated today, but I played it back in the day and was pretty amazed at the idea of playing an rpg without pen and paper

Ultima 9 - Unfortunately it was pretty linear, but something about seeing Ultima in 3D appealed to me

Ultima 6 - Too much of an adventure game, barely any combat (the jungle one with the same engine was pretty fun though. I could never get into the Mars one)

Ultima 7 - Sorry juanjava, but this was also too much of an adventure game

Ultima 8 - just couldn't get into it

Ultima 2 - never played

Don't worry, the Guardian will take care of you  :rofl:

Now, seriously... I have installed Ultima 7 and Underworld 1 & 2... Will refresh my memories this weekend.

Off topic... I don't know why, but I'm not too crazy about Skyrim. Still don't have it, but I've played TES 1, 3 and 4 (maybe Daggerfall and Battlespire too, but I can't remember). Loved the 1st and 3rd one... and Oblivion is fun too... but I don't know. I was most excited about Grimrock than Skyrim

76561198025176705.png

#1368 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

All this Ultima talk only reminds me that Arx Fatalis is not on sale :(

Arx is just so underrated...

EDIT:

Thanks for the input on Ultima series, guys.

So, looks like Ultima 9 the only Ultima on Windows.

I'm guessing the other 8 use...DosBox?

Have any of them got Source Ports over to Windows?

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#1369 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:38 AM

Arx is just so underrated...

EDIT:

Thanks for the input on Ultima series, guys.

So, looks like Ultima 9 the only Ultima on Windows.

I'm guessing the other 8 use...DosBox?

Have any of them got Source Ports over to Windows?

If you'll only get one, I recommend U7. If you can get it all, please don't start with 8 or 9.

For Ultima 7 you can use Exult, The others you have to play them as they are, DosBox. I still didn't tried Exult (don't know why), so can't comment on it, but a lot of people like it, mostly because it introduces all the major changes from U7-2 into U7-1... and fixes some stuff. 

76561198025176705.png

#1370 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:09 AM

Ultima 7 and Serpent Isle Really stand out.  6 is quite good, too, and the world and quest lines are massive.  Huge amount of travel and exploration.  Older titles are good if you don't mind the antiquated graphics and UI.  Underworld series is also enjoyable (especially if you enjoyed similar games like Arx Fatalis).

8 is horrendous.  Not sure what they were going for... but it barely resembles the rest of the series.  There are a few things it does well but they are vastly outweighed by the negatives.

9 I never played as I didn't have a system powerful enough to run it when it was first released.  Not that it mattered because it was a huge buggy mess and a hack job due to it's revision/rewriting.  It looks great in concept but probably fails in execution.

Edit: I will add that, as mentioned above, the combat in Ultima 7 is pretty weak.  They are more 'adventure games' in that sense.  Still well worth a playthrough.

#1371 MulderYuffie

MulderYuffie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Picked up the Ultima collection love these games! :)

76561198049491727.png

mulderyuffie.png

#1372 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

I can even recommend ultima 8! Yes, it's not a proper Ultima game, but it's good on it's own (with all the patches, that I believe the gog version already has)

That's the game that convinced me to buy a soundblaster back then. After playing it on a friend's computer, with all the sounds and voices, I ran and ask my parents for a "creative kit", soundblaster + cd-rom. It came with a TON of games, including ultima 8 complete. I paid $500 for that kit. Well, my dad did  :)

Good memories

I was glad I held out for a Soundblaster 16. ;)  (with a scsci interface to a 2x CD-ROM that had proper midi din ports.)

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1373 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

I was glad I held out for a Soundblaster 16. ;) (with a scsci interface to a 2x CD-ROM that had proper midi din ports.)

Sounds like a bunch of IRQ conflicts

#1374 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:51 AM

Sounds like a bunch of IRQ conflicts

That was okay.  The configuration that gave me nothing but trouble was my 1998 desktop with best supported 3com 10BASE-T card and the best supported Adaptect SCSI Card... Individually each of those were great... together... nothing but trouble.

Similar 3com/Adaptec laptop cards worked just fine on my 1996 Sharp Mebius/Widenote W100t (first widescreen laptop! 1024x600)

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#1375 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

I was glad I held out for a Soundblaster 16. ;)  (with a scsci interface to a 2x CD-ROM that had proper midi din ports.)

I don't really recall what my first Soundblaster was.  Probably a SB Pro.  I got it used from a friend who owed me money.  Had some port for a CD-ROM--LMSI or Mitsumi I think.  I then went out to a computer show (remember those?) and paid some obscene amount for a CD drive.  Just yesterday I ordered a DVD Burner/BluRay reader for what was surely less than 10% of what I paid for that first drive. 

#1376 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

ok, where is 75% off System Shock 2??

#1377 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:00 PM

Maybe Steam will tell us where it is pretty soon? I really wanted it on GOG though.

MARS

#1378 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Not in this sale.  The current 50% off ($5) is a new low iirc.  Given GOG's discounting, I see no reason for them to go lower than 50% for a popular and recent GOG release.

I think MIND LINK is right, we'll see a bigger sale on the steam version first.

#1379 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:08 PM

GOG 2013 Summer Sale Day 11

75% or 50% off Bullfrog Classics Bundle  - Full bundle cost $14.90

Dungeon Keeper - $1.49 or $2.99

Dungeon Keeper 2 - $1.49 or $2.99

Populous - $1.49 or $2.99

Populous 2: Trials of the Olympian Gods - $1.49 or $2.99

Populous: The Beginning

Syndicate Wars - $1.49 or $2.99

Syndicate - $1.49 or $2.99

Theme Hospital - $1.49 or $2.99

Magic Carpet - $1.49 or $2.99

Magic Carpet 2: The Netherworlds - $1.49 or $2.99

85% off Telltale Games

Sam & Max: Beyond Time & Space  - $4.49

Sam & Max: Save The World  - $4.49

Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse  - $5.24

Wallace & Gromit's Grand Adventures  - $2.99

Tales Of Monkey Island  - $5.24

Back To The Future: The Game  - $3.74

PAST SALE DAYS

DAY 01 -

Spoiler

DAY 02 -

Spoiler

DAY 03 -

Spoiler

DAY 04 -

Spoiler

DAY 05 -

Spoiler

DAY 06 -

Spoiler

Day 07 -

Spoiler

Day 08 -

Spoiler

Day 09 -

Spoiler

Day 10 -

Spoiler

#1380 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Playfire Pink Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Funny how Populous is in the bundle, but Populous 2 isn't.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved