GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7403 replies to this topic

#691 nosferatu51

nosferatu51

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Since Commandos is on sale, this is a good time to ask.

Anyone have good Steam Grid view icons for them? The Steam defaults for all but #3 are horrible.
Posted Image

#692 hamberger

hamberger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

I wish Constructor had an in-game tutorial. Lot of my friends wax rhapsodic about it, but I haven't a damn idea how to play it or what to do.

#693 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

I wish Constructor had an in-game tutorial. Lot of my friends wax rhapsodic about it, but I haven't a damn idea how to play it or what to do.

It has a manual........

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#694 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:51 AM

The weekend deal is Digital Game Factory titles at 60% off:

Commandos: Ammo Pack $2.39
Commandos 2+3 Pack $3.99
Praetorians $2.39
Mob Rule $2.39
Constructor $2.39
Imperial Glory $2.39
Creatures: The Albion Years $2.39
Creatures: Village $2.39
Creatures: Exodus $2.39

The Commandos games were cheaper (75% off) in a package deal over christmas, I think the rest of the games are as cheap as they've ever been on GOG.

Praetorians and Imperial Glory are actually pretty good, but I got them off Indie Gala...

#695 erequena

erequena

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Hotline Miami is on sale for $4.99
Posted Image

#696 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

Hotline Miami is on sale for $4.99

Not quite as good as free...

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#697 inm8num2

inm8num2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

Not quite as good as free...

But DRM-free is good. :)

#698 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Guilty Gear games on sale! Updated the OP.

For $2 each, that's a steal. For anyone who's new to the series, X2 #Reload is the staple one to grab, while Isuka is kind of an odd Double Dragon/Guilty Gear fusion.

Grabbing them both, myself. No idea about the other games on sale.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#699 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

For $2 each, that's a steal. For anyone who's new to the series, X2 #Reload is the staple one to grab, while Isuka is kind of an odd Double Dragon/Guilty Gear fusion.

Quite a few of these are looking pretty interesting.

#700 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:19 PM

As a side note: I was interested in grabbing Normality. I've never played it, but I'm a huge adventure game fan. One of the reviews for it states that the version GOG has is (from my understanding) a British version. Apparently the North American version had Corey Feldman as the main character, and this is something of a nostalgic thing for many gamers.

So it might not make a difference if you never played it before and don't put much stock on whose voice is in the game, but it's enough to make me think I'd rather take my chance waiting for GOG to get the "original" and/or securing a second hand copy.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#701 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

I picked up GG X2 Reload a couple years ago and enjoyed it (didn't play it for more than a few hours, I confess). For under $2.50, I just might pick up GG Isuka, I mean sure it's only 3 GOG-star but a non-indie fighting game on PC for that price... (I wonder how many GOG-stars Bad Rats would get...)

I'm also a bit tempted by Slipstream 5000. I remember playing it a little bit back in day (never owned it myself). I'd love to see this class of game get some modern entries.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#702 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

To be honest, I think Isuka has bad ratings because those are coming from hardcore fans (and GG veterans are pretty "hardcore"). It's a totally different game, and they wanted it to be just like the rest of the series.

bZ2g3eF.png

#703 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

To be honest, I think Isuka has bad ratings because those are coming from hardcore fans (and GG veterans are pretty "hardcore"). It's a totally different game, and they wanted it to be just like the rest of the series.

Hmm, in contrast GG Isuka has 4.2 stars (217 votes) on GG. Oddly GG lists it as 630 MB while GOG lists it as 394 MB. I decided that I'll somehow mange being 2.39$ poorer.

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#704 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Hmm, in contrast GG Isuka has 4.2 stars (217 votes) on GG. Oddly GG lists it as 630 MB while GOG lists it as 394 MB. I decided that I'll somehow mange being 2.39$ poorer.

You ain't sleeping on my couch when you're out of money and living on the streets.

bZ2g3eF.png

#705 Stonekeep

Stonekeep

ThePizzaDude

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

I picked up GG X2 Reload a couple years ago and enjoyed it (didn't play it for more than a few hours, I confess). For under $2.50, I just might pick up GG Isuka, I mean sure it's only 3 GOG-star but a non-indie fighting game on PC for that price... (I wonder how many GOG-stars Bad Rats would get...)

I'm also a bit tempted by Slipstream 5000. I remember playing it a little bit back in day (never owned it myself). I'd love to see this class of game get some modern entries.

Isuka it's really, really bad. The new system is broken and painful to play.

#706 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

You ain't sleeping on my couch when you're out of money and living on the streets.

I would think it's because of the mange?

#707 stupidproz1

stupidproz1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Someone convince me to buy the guilty gear games, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger =P

#708 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Someone convince me to buy the guilty gear games, I'm having trouble pulling the trigger =P

They're the most legit hardcore Japanese fighting games out there. Your fingers will bleed.

bZ2g3eF.png

#709 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:37 PM

I would think it's because of the mange?

Pubic louse falls victim to eager Brazilian strippers

Check reviews, buy and play GG X2. If you're having trouble, I'm thinking maybe japanese fighting games just have no appeal for you.

#710 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

I still could never beat Dizzy. A.B.A. was my character though, so she may or may not be hard to use or not very good.

Or I suck, or all of the above.

bZ2g3eF.png

#711 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I'm trying to order Guilty Gear and it won't let me checkout with PayPal as payment. Anyone else have this issue?

#712 EdgeZephyr

EdgeZephyr

Gear Messiah

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

While we certainly are pretty "hardcore", the bigger problem stems from the fact that Isuka's implementation of 4 player fighting isn't so well done. First off, having a button dedicated to changing your facing (facing left vs right) feels very clumsy in a series renowned for it's tight controls. Second, the levels are divided into a fore and back ground: two planes that players will alternate between. (Fore can't interact with background, and vice versa, though you can swap between them)

All in all, they were trying to make a for fun party game and the controls/execution just happened to end up pretty clumsy as a result. I'd still say it's worth the $2.XX though. Co-op play (be it in Boost mode or Arcade) is a hell of a lot of fun, A.B.A.'s introduction to the series was a great move, and it has what I'd easily consider one of the best Guilty Gear soundtracks to date. :D

That was all in regards to Isuka specifically. As for #Reload? Buy that shit now if you don't own it. Easily one of the best fighting games ever made, let alone on PC. :D

Personally, I will probably jump at the sound of skeleton hooves and distant screaming for the rest of my life.

I think my wallet made a shrieking sound and scurried off into a dark corner, once I pulled up the Steam page.

Posted Image

#713 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'm trying to order Guilty Gear and it won't let me checkout with PayPal as payment. Anyone else have this issue?

I bought GG Isuka via paypal fine a few hours ago. I've never had payment problems with GOG.

#714 2wicked

2wicked

Game Hoarder Extraordinaire!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

All this Guilty Gear talk makes me want to hunt down a pc copy of Blazblue...

#715 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:24 AM

Eh, that's really irritating. I try to use the Xbox 360 controller as I read it has controller support (Guilty Gear X2), and sure, it works fine until I try to map actions to the triggers, which just won't pick up in the game.

Anyone know a way around this? I'd really rather not have to deal with JoyToKey, I abhor that program and I'm not going to spend money on XPadder.

I'm not about to beat my keyboard to hell playing a game like this, and there just aren't enough buttons on the 360 controller to cover the game's actions without the triggers.

EDIT: Eh, and that's the beginning of the problems. It seems like you can only use certain keys to map attacks. Basically you've got U, I, O and a couple others, and if you map those to something else, they still link to the controller's counterparts to those buttons, so you can't say "I want P K S or Dust mapped to the spacebar while the rest of my actions are controller buttons", because it simply won't let you.

I have NO idea how even JoyToKey is going to fix this. If you have a 360 controller, you're just given counterpart buttons on your controller that go to the keyboard buttons. That kind of kills the ability to use JoyToKey at all here.

I'm thoroughly frustrated and confused. There doesn't seem to be anything about this online, I don't get it.

Edited by Idiotekque, 19 January 2013 - 03:37 AM.

bZ2g3eF.png

#716 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

Bridget's hawt.

#717 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

Eh, that's really irritating. I try to use the Xbox 360 controller as I read it has controller support (Guilty Gear X2), and sure, it works fine until I try to map actions to the triggers, which just won't pick up in the game.

Anyone know a way around this? I'd really rather not have to deal with JoyToKey, I abhor that program and I'm not going to spend money on XPadder.

I'm not about to beat my keyboard to hell playing a game like this, and there just aren't enough buttons on the 360 controller to cover the game's actions without the triggers.

EDIT: Eh, and that's the beginning of the problems. It seems like you can only use certain keys to map attacks. Basically you've got U, I, O and a couple others, and if you map those to something else, they still link to the controller's counterparts to those buttons, so you can't say "I want P K S or Dust mapped to the spacebar while the rest of my actions are controller buttons", because it simply won't let you.

I have NO idea how even JoyToKey is going to fix this. If you have a 360 controller, you're just given counterpart buttons on your controller that go to the keyboard buttons. That kind of kills the ability to use JoyToKey at all here.

I'm thoroughly frustrated and confused. There doesn't seem to be anything about this online, I don't get it.

http://www.gog.com/f..._360_controller

Edit: I confirmed this works. Launch the config app (not config from inside the game), go to the joystick tab, check the Z-axis box. Hit apply. Then go through the mappings for all the buttons. L2 should be 1ZMIN and R2 should be 1ZMAX. Xinput (360) maps the triggers to the positive and negative halves of the Z-axis.

Also if you have a DirectInput controller (RumblePad 2, F310, F710, etc) that'll probably work just fine -- I can check this.

Edited by asheskitty, 19 January 2013 - 04:18 AM.

#718 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:50 AM

Bridget's hawt.

True, but you know he's a boy, right?

http://www.gog.com/f..._360_controller

Also if you have a DirectInput controller (RumblePad 2, F310, F710, etc) that'll probably work just fine -- I can check this.

Been searching like crazy, and "Guilty Gear X2 #Reload GOG Xbox 360 Controller" was my first Google search and that didn't come up for me. Hopefully that works, thanks.

bZ2g3eF.png

#719 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:12 AM

True, but you know he's a boy, right?

Lies! She's no trap! How can a boy be called Bridget?

#720 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

@Idiot

Launch the config app (not config from inside the game), go to the joystick tab, check the Z-axis box. Hit apply. Then go through the mappings for all the buttons. L2 should be 1ZMIN and R2 should be 1ZMAX. Xinput (360) maps the triggers to the positive and negative halves of the Z-axis.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved