Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

GOG Deals Thread: Nordic Nobility 70% off (Gothic, Spellforce, etc)

GOG Good Old Games Retro Old Games DOS DRM-free DRM free pedobear approved

• Please log in to reply
7381 replies to this topic

#451 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

Really I've just been playing Fallout: New Vegas all day erry day. >_>

Plus I'm just not online much... Trying to avoid spending money I don't have. Of course I finally look around today and I end up buying KoToR 2, 6 games from the Groupees bundle, and whatever that game was on Indie Game Stand. I don't even remember what it's called! That's why I try not to buy things anymore.

Sounds like a fool-proof plan... For as long as you can keep yourself unplugged. ;)

Maybe I should try it. ^^

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#452 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

A lot of great games
Posted Image

#453 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

So none of the pick 5 games give steam keys?

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#454 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

So none of the pick 5 games give steam keys?

Not sure if you're serious, but all games bought from GOG are drm-free.

#455 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:37 AM

Not sure if you're serious, but all games bought from GOG are drm-free.

Regardless, I like to have everything in one place and that place is steam for me. At this point I dont consider steam DRM, but technically it is so it makes sense all GOG games would have nothing on them including steam keys.

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#456 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:11 AM

You know you can just install them and add shortcuts into Steam, right? My biggest gripe these days is that I can't do that with Origin stuff and I have almost no friends on there.
Posted Image

#457 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:32 AM

You know you can just install them and add shortcuts into Steam, right? My biggest gripe these days is that I can't do that with Origin stuff and I have almost no friends on there.

I only download stuff when I want to play it. I then delete them when I'm done. Having games on origin, ubisoft, gamersgate, gog, impulse, etc has just led to me forgetting I even bought the games. I've since to buying most/all games on steam.

#458 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:06 AM

GOG > Steam.

Can you buy a game on Steam and throw it on a flash drive and give it to a friend? Nope. GOG downloads are fast (arguably faster than Steam), almost always come with extra content (concept art, developer commentaries, soundtracks, etc) similar to digital deluxe/collector's editions, and notify you when there are updates instead of forcing them upon you and possibly screwing up your modded games (as has happened to me twice on Skyrim within months).

That said, yes, I love Steam. I have around 100 games on Steam. Still, GOG is awesome, and gives you way more for your money, period. Just like Steam, your games are all in one place and ready to download whenever you want to play them. If you're a Steam-only person, seriously, rethink your stance.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#459 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

Regardless, I like to have everything in one place and that place is steam for me. At this point I dont consider steam DRM, but technically it is so it makes sense all GOG games would have nothing on them including steam keys.

I'm all for having games in one place, don't get me wrong. =P Steam is DRM, like you said, it's just one form of DRM that we don't mind having at all because of all of the pros that come along with having a game on Steam. ;)

Steam shortcuts are useless, and only serve to add Steam's social aspect to the game which is linked (screenshotting, messaging, overlay, etc.). The reason why Steam games are desires, is that Steam gives us a nice, organizable library which we can use to manage our games, and my favorite feature which is that it eliminates the need for manually installing/updating your games (I don't consider "right-click -> install" to be manual) or dealing with the Windows Control Panel for uninstalling games, which can be very slow and wonky at times.

I only download stuff when I want to play it. I then delete them when I'm done. Having games on origin, ubisoft, gamersgate, gog, impulse, etc has just led to me forgetting I even bought the games. I've since to buying most/all games on steam.

While I should follow this rule, I don't unfortunately, which leads to a bunch of clutter and a 1TB HDD that's currently 99% full. :cry:

While I love Steam, I love GOG even more, and I definitely don't mind having to deal with manual installation/updating because GOG gives you valuable (IMHO) extras, if you're into that kind of thing. To eliminate clutter, I use a ridiculous spreadsheet to catalog all of my games from any DD I purchase from, from Amazon to Indievania. It's absurd to even have put in the time to make such a thing, but I honestly find more joy in catalogging/buying games than I do playing them (yeah, I know; wtf is my problem, right?). But this may just be because I spend hardly any time actually playing my games. ;)

EDIT:

GOG... Buy a game on steam and throw it on a flash drive and give it to a friend...

Reported! 8-)

#460 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

Hey, you can do whatever the hell you want with DRM free games! That's the point of DRM free. :-P

(Or rather, I will do whatever the hell I want with DRM free games, lol.)

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#461 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hey, you can do whatever the hell you want with DRM free games! That's the point of DRM free. :-P

(Or rather, I will do whatever the hell I want with DRM free games, lol.)

Haha yeah just kiddin. =P But who uses physical media to give their friends games nowadays!? :lol:

#462 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

This is tempting but I might wait for the next Humble Bundle to see if To the Moon is included.

#463 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

Haha yeah just kiddin. =P But who uses physical media to give their friends games nowadays!? :lol:

Console peasants! :lol:

#464 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:26 PM

This is tempting but I might wait for the next Humble Bundle to see if To the Moon is included.

You missed it when it was included in the Indie Royale bundle....

#465 mindatlarge

mindatlarge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:47 PM

Such a sick promo, love gog.

Currently Playing: Suikoden 2 (PS2) / On Preorder: Ni no Kuni (PS3)
myndatlarge.png card.png mindatlarge.png?7190

#466 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:34 AM

I seriously doubt TtM will be in the HIB anytime soon... HIB has been dropping the ball lately in my opinion (although that opinion will obviously change if the THQ pack goes up). Like Drabelincoln said, it was already in the Indie Royale bundle, so...

Further, the IR bundle was a weak bunch of games other than TtM I think (I seem to recall there only being one other worthwhile game in the bundle), so getting it for $10 here along with 4 other really great games is a far better deal than getting it for around $5 with 4 other games you don't even want. Just this guy's take on it though.

bZ2g3eF.png

#467 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:33 PM

OMG Carmageddon is on sale for $3.99 (60% off) and no one has posted about it?

Shame on you CAGerati!

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#468 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

I am playing Geneforge from this group. Very fun game. Good story, and nice options in it. If you are old school RPG, this is a good find. :-)

#469 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am playing Geneforge from this group. Very fun game. Good story, and nice options in it. If you are old school RPG, this is a good find. :-)

I grabbed that when it was on Indie Game Stand. I played Avernum 5 to death (amazing game, seriously) and Geneforge looked really similar... Maybe it's time to try it out.

(Which Geneforge are you playing by the way? I thought it was a trilogy.)

bZ2g3eF.png

#470 asheskitty

asheskitty

Coconut Kitty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:19 AM

OMG Carmageddon is on sale for $3.99 (60% off) and no one has posted about it?

Shame on you CAGerati!

Sorry! I'm really more of a weekend-GoGer, I don't tend to check them mid-week.

Wicked though! I loved Carmageddon back in the day. I got the GoG release for free with my $15 kickstarter-preorder of Carmageddon:Reincarnation. I'd actually been following it for some time before they decided to do a kickstarter.

#471 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:09 AM

Sorry! I'm really more of a weekend-GoGer, I don't tend to check them mid-week.

Wicked though! I loved Carmageddon back in the day. I got the GoG release for free with my $15 kickstarter-preorder of Carmageddon:Reincarnation. I'd actually been following it for some time before they decided to do a kickstarter.

I missed the Kickstarter so I was happy to be able to get this for $3.99 here and then the Steam version of the new on on sale down the line.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#472 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

Yeah I got my free copy from the Kickstarter as well - only played it once so far and it made me want Carmageddon 2 a lot!
Posted Image

#473 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:09 PM

I am playing Geneforge 1. There are 5 of them. :-)

#474 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

Myst-ical Games Weekend Promotion

Riven: The Sequel to Myst $2.39
Real Myst $2.39
Myst: Masterpiece Edition $2.39
Myst 5: End of Ages (Limited Edition) $3.99
The Manhole: Masterpiece Edition $2.39
Uru: Complete Chronicles $2.39

Spoiler

:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#475 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:51 AM

Hey, does anybody know if it's still possible to get a "back up" copy of the first Witcher game on GOG by sending proof that you bought it elsewhere?

EDIT: Never mind. Just found the link myself. For those interested, go here: http://www.gog.com/witcher2/backup

#476 PenguinJim

PenguinJim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:58 AM

The page is still up, for whatever that's worth. ^^

#477 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is now FREE for the next 48 hours on GOG

#478 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:18 PM

Hah, that's funny especially in light of Duke Nukem 3D being added to the Steam registry!

#479 drock

drock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nice!

#480 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition is now FREE for the next 48 hours on GOG

Thanks man. Every time I see your username I start to sing to myself "This is the end, beautiful friend, the end."
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GOG, Good Old Games, Retro, Old Games, DOS, DRM-free, DRM free, pedobear approved