Dirt 3 Complete Used $13.50 @ GS w/PUR coupon+ BB TIV on D3 original is 16 = Upgrade!

jdawgg76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
28 (100%)
If you're like me and have Dirt 3 Standard and no DLC, but want the DLC, here's a way to get it and even come out ahead. You will need to have Gamestop PUR and 2000 points available for the coupon special currently active.

Dirt 3 Complete is $25 used at GS for both systems. The GS online tracker does differentiate between vanilla and complete unlike Best Buy's. Use the PUR coupon to get $10 off a $19.99 or up used game and the PUR 10% discount to drop the cost to $13.49 pretax. This coupon expires 6/24 according to the thread.

Now just take your vanilla copy to Best Buy and take advantage of the 100% trade in bonus to get $16.80 in Best Buy credit (current base trade in value is $8 for both systems + 100% or $8 + 10% Unlocked Bonus or $.80). At last check, the trade in bonus ends 7/7 although the trade in value could change at any time.

According to this thread, Dirt 3 Complete new copies may be getting converted to used which would make this easier with more used copies in the wild. At my stores, this conversion had not happened. If you get a converted copy or get lucky you may also get an extra online pass to sell or trade as well.

BE SURE THEY GIVE YOU A COMPLETE DISC AND NOT A VANILLA ONE!!! The complete disc has no reference to it being complete. There is a gold trim on the disc and that's it. You can also compare numbers at the bottom of the disc. The vanilla has "MDIR3XUS00" while the complete has "MDIR3X3US70".

I know this isn't a specific deal per se and some people won't like it posted as a deal, but I think it's worth pointing out that by combining some of these deals you can get $35 worth of DLC which hasn't gone on sale yet and may never and $17.60 BB credit by spending $13.49 at GS.

Also, this is just a great deal for Dirt 3 and all of the dlc even if you don't own the vanilla copy. $13.50 for an amazing $30 game and $35 amount of DLC is hard to beat if you can score a copy with an intact online pass like from a new to used conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hardest part is finding a used copy. Hopefully, the new to used conversion is legit and that will help out. Otherwise, people have a few weeks to locate one and hope the TIV at BB holds.

[quote name='tylerh1701']It's almost too easy...[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Don't forget, you have to be standing on one leg THE WHOLE TIME for this deal to work.

Thanks for the informative post but I have a question:

I had the vanilla and traded it long ago but I used the online pass on psn so am I right to assume that I don't need the multiplayer pass from the complete edition as well? And is all of the additional dlc (cars, tracks, whatever) on disc for ps3? Like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition?

[quote name='PublikDefender']Thanks for the informative post but I have a question:

I had the vanilla and traded it long ago but I used the online pass on psn so am I right to assume that I don't need the multiplayer pass from the complete edition as well? And is all of the additional dlc (cars, tracks, whatever) on disc for ps3? Like Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition?[/QUOTE]First, you don't need a new online pass. Your previous one will work fine. I am technically still using my vanilla pass and the one in my complete was already used.

Second, I meant to point this out because I thought the DLC installed off the disc and found that not to be true. In actuality, the DLC is simply integrated into the game and does not require/cannot be installed. This is the Xbox version, I do not know how the PS3 version is handled.

[quote name='jdawgg76']First, you don't need a new online pass. Your previous one will work fine. I am technically still using my vanilla pass and the one in my complete was already used.

Second, I meant to point this out because I thought the DLC installed off the disc and found that not to be true. In actuality, the DLC is simply integrated into the game and does not require/cannot be installed. This is the Xbox version, I do not know how the PS3 version is handled.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, the ps3 version is probably handled the same way. I should be good to go.

Hmm, the ticker for me is tracking down a complete that's Used AND the Complete Edition AND the online pass since I have no regular copy... Might be worth a shot thanks OP

[quote name='sgaldis']:rofl:

Don't forget, you have to be standing on one leg THE WHOLE TIME for this deal to work.[/QUOTE]Buy the new version with a coupon from a popular thread, then trade in your old copy at another store, also detailed in a popular thread. I don't understand how this is so complicated for you. . .

[quote name='jdawgg76']Buy the new version with a coupon from a popular thread, then trade in your old copy at another store, also detailed in a popular thread. I don't understand how this is so complicated for you. . .[/QUOTE]
Whyd u have to use so many words in the OP? :lol:

Just a heads up to anyone that tries this, there seems to be a packaging error on Codemasters' end. I just went in and bought a new copy of the game at Gamestop, opened it right in front of them, and found it to be the regular game disc. We booted it up on a PS3 they had and it still had cars that should be on the disc locked (not the stuff that comes with the online pass).

I'd suggest anyone trying to track this down err on the side of caution. It is a pain to find this blasted game!

E: This is after I had the same disc problems last night with a used copy. The disc you want should look like what is in this YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_bV1oTc798

Thanks OP!!
kmdfvs

[quote name='pandanaut']Just a heads up to anyone that tries this, there seems to be a packaging error on Codemasters' end. I just went in and bought a new copy of the game at Gamestop, opened it right in front of them, and found it to be the regular game disc. We booted it up on a PS3 they had and it still had cars that should be on the disc locked (not the stuff that comes with the online pass).

I'd suggest anyone trying to track this down err on the side of caution. It is a pain to find this blasted game!

E: This is after I had the same disc problems last night with a used copy. [/QUOTE]is this an issue with xbox 360 versions as well?

[quote name='Wario64']So DiRT 3 complete has all content on disc? Good to know.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version definitely does, as I just opened mine last night. Pretty nice the way they did it actually. No downloads or updates whatsoever.

[quote name='tribalnoise']is this an issue with xbox 360 versions as well?[/QUOTE]

To be honest I'm not sure, I haven't been trying to get that version. I did notice while one of the employees was digging through the discs that there were two versions for the 360 though (the regular disc and the gold one). So I'd assume so. Could have been that they just had Dirt 3 and Dirt 3 Complete back-to-back though.

Be sure to also make sure the employee double checks, especially if you get a used copy. They said when someone trades it in they count as the same thing in their system. Some may be just that someone traded in the Complete Edition box with the regular disc thinking they would get more in trade in value.

Yeah, I bought Dirt Complete for $24.99 with $10 off coupon...long story short I thought the disk was regualar disk bc there was no mention of complete on it so I thought the clerk gave me a vanilla disk. But lo and behold the xtra cars were in fact in the game. Codies should have put complete on the disk to minimize confusion. In that same thought, someone should check to see if the artwork is just different on the complete disk vs. the vanilla disk.

final note:

I've bought several games with the 2000 PURS points coupon, which stacks with 20% off for PUR members (when u buy 3 used). In one instance, I bought the show (with 2 other used games on the side) for $38 - $10 coupon = $28 - 20% = $22.40 + 8.75% tax.

However, when I went to a different store and bought Dirt 3 complete (with 2 other used games on the side) it rang up as $25 - 10% = $22.50 - $10 coupon = 12.50 - 10% = $11.25 + 8.75% tax. I don't know why the cpu didn't give me the extra 10% off on the front end like it did for the Show. 10% off $25 is better than $10% off 12.50.

[quote name='inkcil']Yeah, I bought Dirt Complete for $24.99 with $10 off coupon...long story short I thought the disk was regualar disk bc there was no mention of complete on it so I thought the clerk gave me a vanilla disk. But lo and behold the xtra cars were in fact in the game. Codies should have put complete on the disk to minimize confusion. In that same thought, someone should check to see if the artwork is just different on the complete disk vs. the vanilla disk.

final note:

I've bought several games with the 2000 PURS points coupon, which stacks with 20% off for PUR members (when u buy 3 used). In one instance, I bought the show (with 2 other used games on the side) for $38 - $10 coupon = $28 - 20% = $22.40 + 8.75% tax.

However, when I went to a different store and bought Dirt 3 complete (with 2 other used games on the side) it rang up as $25 - 10% = $22.50 - $10 coupon = 12.50 - 10% = $11.25 + 8.75% tax. I don't know why the cpu didn't give me the extra 10% off on the front end like it did for the Show. 10% off $25 is better than $10% off 12.50.[/QUOTE]

Thought I got the vanilla version as well but when I went to check the DLC cars and tracks, they were all accessible. My copy does NOT have the gold trim.

[quote name='SoulEdgeVII']Thought I got the vanilla version as well but when I went to check the DLC cars and tracks, they were all accessible. My copy does NOT have the gold trim.[/QUOTE]

Huh...that's strange. Guess one of those may have worked.

As I said, though, we booted on up in the store and things were locked. I wonder why Codemasters put out two types of discs in the first place?

[quote name='pandanaut']Huh...that's strange. Guess one of those may have worked.

As I said, though, we booted on up in the store and things were locked. I wonder why Codemasters put out two types of discs in the first place?[/QUOTE]

Everything is not unlocked in the complete version, just several add-on packs (i.e power and glory, mud, colin foundation car). There are other items still locked per the VIP pass and other items that require gameplay progression to unlock.

[quote name='inkcil']Everything is not unlocked in the complete version, just several add-on packs (i.e power and glory, mud, colin foundation car). There are other items still locked per the VIP pass and other items that require gameplay progression to unlock.[/QUOTE]

Oh I know, I pulled up some stuff with the sales associates on our phones to see what was unlocked without the pass and what not.

It would make sense to me if they decided to use the regular disc art to cut costs, I just wonder if the partially gold disc is rare or something.

E: I'm still scratching my head over it. I watched the video and noticed it was the European version, but again I saw a gold disc version for the 360 at my local Gamestop. So I know it is available in the U.S. too...

Maybe it was just a first print run or something?

Not a single GS in town (well, there's ONE left I haven't called) has the gold trimmed disk for PS3. I don't *think* the disk I have is the CE, but if someone can tell me something to look at in the menu that will 100% prove if it is or not, I'd appreciate it.

I know what's supposed to be there, I'm asking where exactly can I go in the menus to verify? Where should this stuff be?

i've heard the complete edition disc referred to as "gold-rimmed" "gold disc" and "partially gold"
here is a pic of my xbox 360 complete edition disc from best buy

IMG_1631.jpg

[quote name='argyle']I know what's supposed to be there, I'm asking where exactly can I go in the menus to verify? Where should this stuff be?[/QUOTE]Go to the my dirt menu option, then garage. In the Gymkhana section there will be a Scion and a Mini. If it prompts you to purchase them you have the regular, if not you have the complete edition. Same for the Camaro and Mustang in the Trailblazer class. In fact there should be cars that are locked that have to earn in the game, but there should be NO cars that prompt you to purchase them.

[quote name='dino88']Minor correction...it would be $13.49 at GS, since the 10% is taken off the price after the coupon.[/QUOTE]Oops. This is correct now that I double checked the receipt. Didn't the PUR bonus used to come off the original pre-coupon price? ANyways, thanks, I'll fix the OP.

So about the whole new to used thing. The regular Dirt would be getting moved to used before the complete edition would. It will prob take a little while because the last store I went in still had new copies of Dirt 2. If you want to wait a bit, they will prob have another sale and drop the price a bit. I picked up the complete edition sealed for around 25 or so. I hope this helps

I tracked for a while used Dirt 3 complete in GS with no success, than one day last week a stoped at my local BB that never carried used games only to finmd that they now they have them. Quick browsing and found the gem. Dirt 3 complete for XBOX 360 used. It was $24.99, but I was happy and after opening it it is the correct disc. I am happy , not the best price but works for me.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Oops. This is correct now that I double checked the receipt. Didn't the PUR bonus used to come off the original pre-coupon price? ANyways, thanks, I'll fix the OP.[/QUOTE]

As a fact, this is YMMV. Sometimes it's taken before and sometimes after...but i have no idea why. As I posted earlier in the thread, my dirt 3 complete was $12.50 after 10% and the coupon.

Yes , get the game. It has more cars, tracks, and better visuals. More eye candy to look at depending on your screen and res.

[quote name='VaultDweller']i have dirt 2, should i get dirt 3 at all? isnt it the same with just newer cars?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='VaultDweller']i have dirt 2, should i get dirt 3 at all? isnt it the same with just newer cars?[/QUOTE]Dirt 3 is an all new game. Less Americanish extreme racing vibe and more traditional rally vibe except for gymkhana. GK is actually pretty fun to me, but it should have been saved for Dirt Showdown. Keep in mind I'm a serious rally racing fan when I say GK is fun as alot of people just trash it because it's not rally. It's still fun, I just don't think it really belonged in the game even though Ken Block is the cover boy and he's the big GK guy. The required GK stuff is minimal, just an "academy" with five or so events which serve as a tutorial on how to do it. Passing is a breeze and it isn't that long.

new maps and tracks, some cars are repeats, but it's rally so there aren't that many new cars anyway, although some current (as of when they made the game) WRC and S2000 cars are included like Loeb, Block's 2010 focus and 2011 fiesta, Meeke's s2000 car, the other sebastion for citroen and Hirvonen and the new mini. Inclusion of B cars is nice as is classic cars such as the old mini. The graphics are amazing and this is the first dirt where the handling is spot on and I don't have to tweak settings to stay on the road. I still tweak for max performance, but the more floaty controls of the first one and the too slidey controls of the second one are gone. Also, online is better and the party games are a fun diversion especially cat'n mouse and outbreak (tag) and the CTF game.

I might have to keep my eye out for this. I own the first edition of Dirt 3 but all that DLC sounds too good to pass up for the day that I inevitably get back into the game again.

Thanks OP, contributers, and OP of the other $10 off coupon thread.

Just bought Dirt 3 Complete today for $12.14 after $10 off coupon and 20% off for buying 3 games with poweruppro. It's definitely converted because the disc, case, and manual are mint. The pre-owned sticker has a date of 6-16-12. Of course the VIP pass code has already been used.

I guess this game case has been sitting gutted on the shelf for a while. Someone snapped a cell phone pic of the code or an employee used it when it was converted. I'm glad I have a VIP code from the standard edition I bought on black friday. Hopefullly it works for the Complete Edition like someone said earlier. Hopefully the $7 base BB TIV holds too.

Totally off topic rant, but the lady at the store gave me a $2 refurb fee for trading in Wii sports because it didn't have coverart. I bought it at that exact gamestop store and it didn't have coverart. I had to throw away the generic black gamestop case it came in because it smelled so bad. She had me by the balls because I would lose my $10 bonus for trading in 3 games if I didn't trade Wii Sports. I'd also have to pay cash for Dirt 3 Complete instead of using credit. I said a few times that "it never came with a case." Whatever. Then she asks me repeatedly to preorder stuff. fuck that. I want the COD Black Ops 2 poster and prestige token, but I'm not giving her a preorder.

There are no dirt 3 complete editions around my area at all. This sucks since I'm really getting back into dirt after getting showdown.

[quote name='garrett007']There are no dirt 3 complete editions around my area at all. This sucks since I'm really getting back into dirt after getting showdown.[/QUOTE]

Keep checking every now and then while you can get one of those $10 off coupons. Maybe one of your stores will convert one. My theory is the stores that convert them have an extra 1 or 2 new copies. My store had 1 new copy (also gutted) and 1 preowned copy showing up in the computer. When this thread was created, no stores showed pre-owned copies within 40 miles. Then all of a sudden my closest store popped up as having "low stock."

Dirt Showdown sounds great to me. Was it worth the price? I was planning on waiting for a while until I can find it for around $15 or $20. I love the DiRT games, but I also love arcade racers like need for speed and burnout. Dirt Showdown sounds like it's right up my alley.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Keep checking every now and then while you can get one of those $10 off coupons. Maybe one of your stores will convert one. My theory is the stores that convert them have an extra 1 or 2 new copies. My store had 1 new copy (also gutted) and 1 preowned copy showing up in the computer. When this thread was created, no stores showed pre-owned copies within 40 miles. Then all of a sudden my closest store popped up as having "low stock."

Dirt Showdown sounds great to me. Was it worth the price? I was planning on waiting for a while until I can find it for around $15 or $20. I love the DiRT games, but I also love arcade racers like need for speed and burnout. Dirt Showdown sounds like it's right up my alley.[/QUOTE]

The stores around me do not even have it new, but dirt showdown is awesome. Playing demolition derby online is so much fun. The single player is Pretty much like any other racer, one event after another. It's only $40 now I say get it.

Hoping this becomes a success, I called a store that is a hefty drive from my location and they had a copy! They are going to ship it to my local gamestop, so hopefully I can get it, use the coupon, and it turns out to be the right disk!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Go to the my dirt menu option, then garage. In the Gymkhana section there will be a Scion and a Mini. If it prompts you to purchase them you have the regular, if not you have the complete edition. Same for the Camaro and Mustang in the Trailblazer class. In fact there should be cars that are locked that have to earn in the game, but there should be NO cars that prompt you to purchase them.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. I have the regular edition, and I'm tired of screwing around with Gamestop on this game. I'm trading it into BB tomorrow, which should give me back what I paid for it at GS. Then I'll pick it up new from either BB or Amazon when one of them drops it down to my price point.

I'll NOT be buying anymore "new but opened" games from GS.

[quote name='ritchardf']TIV now down to $7 base, gamestop near me still selling their only copy as new[/QUOTE]Yeah, dropped to $7 yesterday. I'm the OP and I didn't maximize my own deal! Traded it in today before it dropped anymore. Still happy with getting a little credit to upgrade.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I guess this game case has been sitting gutted on the shelf for a while. Someone snapped a cell phone pic of the code or an employee used it when it was converted. I'm glad I have a VIP code from the standard edition I bought on black friday. Hopefullly it works for the Complete Edition like someone said earlier. Hopefully the $7 base BB TIV holds too.

Totally off topic rant, but the lady at the store gave me a $2 refurb fee for trading in Wii sports because it didn't have coverart. I bought it at that exact gamestop store and it didn't have coverart. I had to throw away the generic black gamestop case it came in because it smelled so bad. She had me by the balls because I would lose my $10 bonus for trading in 3 games if I didn't trade Wii Sports. I'd also have to pay cash for Dirt 3 Complete instead of using credit. I said a few times that "it never came with a case." Whatever. Then she asks me repeatedly to preorder stuff. fuck that. I want the COD Black Ops 2 poster and prestige token, but I'm not giving her a preorder.[/QUOTE]The vanilla VIP pass will definitely work for your complete edition. I've played online with my complete edition several times and had no problems. Went back to the vanilla copy and I get pestered to buy DLC. It's nice all that disappears when you have the complete edition and you don't get pestered to buy stuff you already have like happens in some other games.

As for the coverart refurb fee, that is utter crap. I've been in that same exact situation. At least I had another store to go to at least.

[quote name='garrett007']Hoping this becomes a success, I called a store that is a hefty drive from my location and they had a copy! They are going to ship it to my local gamestop, so hopefully I can get it, use the coupon, and it turns out to be the right disk![/QUOTE]Good luck with it. If you get it we'll have to race, especially Monte Carlo. I love those tracks.

bread's done
Back