Photo
- - - - -

Dirt 3 Complete Used $13.50 @ GS w/PUR coupon+ BB TIV on D3 original is 16 = Upgrade!

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

I know what's supposed to be there, I'm asking where exactly can I go in the menus to verify? Where should this stuff be?

Go to the my dirt menu option, then garage. In the Gymkhana section there will be a Scion and a Mini. If it prompts you to purchase them you have the regular, if not you have the complete edition. Same for the Camaro and Mustang in the Trailblazer class. In fact there should be cars that are locked that have to earn in the game, but there should be NO cars that prompt you to purchase them.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#32 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

Minor correction...it would be $13.49 at GS, since the 10% is taken off the price after the coupon.

Oops. This is correct now that I double checked the receipt. Didn't the PUR bonus used to come off the original pre-coupon price? ANyways, thanks, I'll fix the OP.
Posted Image
Waiting for: WRC 2010 and WRC 2 and WRC 3:cry:
Now playing:
:360: Forza Horizon, Halo Series
:wii: Collecting Dust
:ps3: Collecting Dust
:pc: Diablo 3, Walking Dead
When I'm not watching Grimm and Firefly on Hulu.

#33 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:26 AM

So about the whole new to used thing. The regular Dirt would be getting moved to used before the complete edition would. It will prob take a little while because the last store I went in still had new copies of Dirt 2. If you want to wait a bit, they will prob have another sale and drop the price a bit. I picked up the complete edition sealed for around 25 or so. I hope this helps
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#34 ivos

ivos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:10 AM

I tracked for a while used Dirt 3 complete in GS with no success, than one day last week a stoped at my local BB that never carried used games only to finmd that they now they have them. Quick browsing and found the gem. Dirt 3 complete for XBOX 360 used. It was $24.99, but I was happy and after opening it it is the correct disc. I am happy , not the best price but works for me.

#35 inkcil

inkcil

I went from "Ashy to Thrifty"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

Oops. This is correct now that I double checked the receipt. Didn't the PUR bonus used to come off the original pre-coupon price? ANyways, thanks, I'll fix the OP.

As a fact, this is YMMV. Sometimes it's taken before and sometimes after...but i have no idea why. As I posted earlier in the thread, my dirt 3 complete was $12.50 after 10% and the coupon.

#36 gordojones88

gordojones88

Sith Lord Darth CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

wat?
Posted Image

Posted Image

My problem was this hoarder took all of them including my one copy as I helped her.

#37 VaultDweller

VaultDweller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

i have dirt 2, should i get dirt 3 at all? isnt it the same with just newer cars?
Posted Image

#38 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

Yes , get the game. It has more cars, tracks, and better visuals. More eye candy to look at depending on your screen and res.

i have dirt 2, should i get dirt 3 at all? isnt it the same with just newer cars?

"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#39 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 05:11 AM

Dirt 3 is an all new game. Less Americanish extreme racing vibe and more traditional rally vibe except for gymkhana. GK is actually pretty fun to me, but it should have been saved for Dirt Showdown. Keep in mind I'm a serious rally racing fan when I say GK is fun as alot of people just trash it because it's not rally. It's still fun, I just don't think it really belonged in the game even though Ken Block is the cover boy and he's the big GK guy. The required GK stuff is minimal, just an "academy" with five or so events which serve as a tutorial on how to do it. Passing is a breeze and it isn't that long.

new maps and tracks, some cars are repeats, but it's rally so there aren't that many new cars anyway, although some current (as of when they made the game) WRC and S2000 cars are included like Loeb, Block's 2010 focus and 2011 fiesta, Meeke's s2000 car, the other sebastion for citroen and Hirvonen and the new mini. Inclusion of B cars is nice as is classic cars such as the old mini. The graphics are amazing and this is the first dirt where the handling is spot on and I don't have to tweak settings to stay on the road. I still tweak for max performance, but the more floaty controls of the first one and the too slidey controls of the second one are gone. Also, online is better and the party games are a fun diversion especially cat'n mouse and outbreak (tag) and the CTF game.

#40 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

I might have to keep my eye out for this. I own the first edition of Dirt 3 but all that DLC sounds too good to pass up for the day that I inevitably get back into the game again.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#41 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

TIV now down to $7 base, gamestop near me still selling their only copy as new

#42 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Thanks OP, contributers, and OP of the other $10 off coupon thread.

Just bought Dirt 3 Complete today for $12.14 after $10 off coupon and 20% off for buying 3 games with poweruppro. It's definitely converted because the disc, case, and manual are mint. The pre-owned sticker has a date of 6-16-12. Of course the VIP pass code has already been used.

I guess this game case has been sitting gutted on the shelf for a while. Someone snapped a cell phone pic of the code or an employee used it when it was converted. I'm glad I have a VIP code from the standard edition I bought on black friday. Hopefullly it works for the Complete Edition like someone said earlier. Hopefully the $7 base BB TIV holds too.

Totally off topic rant, but the lady at the store gave me a $2 refurb fee for trading in Wii sports because it didn't have coverart. I bought it at that exact gamestop store and it didn't have coverart. I had to throw away the generic black gamestop case it came in because it smelled so bad. She had me by the balls because I would lose my $10 bonus for trading in 3 games if I didn't trade Wii Sports. I'd also have to pay cash for Dirt 3 Complete instead of using credit. I said a few times that "it never came with a case." Whatever. Then she asks me repeatedly to preorder stuff. Fuck that. I want the COD Black Ops 2 poster and prestige token, but I'm not giving her a preorder.

#43 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

There are no dirt 3 complete editions around my area at all. This sucks since I'm really getting back into dirt after getting showdown.

#44 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

There are no dirt 3 complete editions around my area at all. This sucks since I'm really getting back into dirt after getting showdown.

Keep checking every now and then while you can get one of those $10 off coupons. Maybe one of your stores will convert one. My theory is the stores that convert them have an extra 1 or 2 new copies. My store had 1 new copy (also gutted) and 1 preowned copy showing up in the computer. When this thread was created, no stores showed pre-owned copies within 40 miles. Then all of a sudden my closest store popped up as having "low stock."

Dirt Showdown sounds great to me. Was it worth the price? I was planning on waiting for a while until I can find it for around $15 or $20. I love the DiRT games, but I also love arcade racers like need for speed and burnout. Dirt Showdown sounds like it's right up my alley.

#45 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Keep checking every now and then while you can get one of those $10 off coupons. Maybe one of your stores will convert one. My theory is the stores that convert them have an extra 1 or 2 new copies. My store had 1 new copy (also gutted) and 1 preowned copy showing up in the computer. When this thread was created, no stores showed pre-owned copies within 40 miles. Then all of a sudden my closest store popped up as having "low stock."

Dirt Showdown sounds great to me. Was it worth the price? I was planning on waiting for a while until I can find it for around $15 or $20. I love the DiRT games, but I also love arcade racers like need for speed and burnout. Dirt Showdown sounds like it's right up my alley.

The stores around me do not even have it new, but dirt showdown is awesome. Playing demolition derby online is so much fun. The single player is Pretty much like any other racer, one event after another. It's only $40 now I say get it.

#46 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hoping this becomes a success, I called a store that is a hefty drive from my location and they had a copy! They are going to ship it to my local gamestop, so hopefully I can get it, use the coupon, and it turns out to be the right disk!

#47 argyle

argyle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:39 AM

Go to the my dirt menu option, then garage. In the Gymkhana section there will be a Scion and a Mini. If it prompts you to purchase them you have the regular, if not you have the complete edition. Same for the Camaro and Mustang in the Trailblazer class. In fact there should be cars that are locked that have to earn in the game, but there should be NO cars that prompt you to purchase them.

Thank you. I have the regular edition, and I'm tired of screwing around with Gamestop on this game. I'm trading it into BB tomorrow, which should give me back what I paid for it at GS. Then I'll pick it up new from either BB or Amazon when one of them drops it down to my price point.

I'll NOT be buying anymore "new but opened" games from GS.
Posted Image

#48 jdawgg76

jdawgg76

RIP Stan the Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

TIV now down to $7 base, gamestop near me still selling their only copy as new

Yeah, dropped to $7 yesterday. I'm the OP and I didn't maximize my own deal! Traded it in today before it dropped anymore. Still happy with getting a little credit to upgrade.

I guess this game case has been sitting gutted on the shelf for a while. Someone snapped a cell phone pic of the code or an employee used it when it was converted. I'm glad I have a VIP code from the standard edition I bought on black friday. Hopefullly it works for the Complete Edition like someone said earlier. Hopefully the $7 base BB TIV holds too.

Totally off topic rant, but the lady at the store gave me a $2 refurb fee for trading in Wii sports because it didn't have coverart. I bought it at that exact gamestop store and it didn't have coverart. I had to throw away the generic black gamestop case it came in because it smelled so bad. She had me by the balls because I would lose my $10 bonus for trading in 3 games if I didn't trade Wii Sports. I'd also have to pay cash for Dirt 3 Complete instead of using credit. I said a few times that "it never came with a case." Whatever. Then she asks me repeatedly to preorder stuff. Fuck that. I want the COD Black Ops 2 poster and prestige token, but I'm not giving her a preorder.

The vanilla VIP pass will definitely work for your complete edition. I've played online with my complete edition several times and had no problems. Went back to the vanilla copy and I get pestered to buy DLC. It's nice all that disappears when you have the complete edition and you don't get pestered to buy stuff you already have like happens in some other games.

As for the coverart refurb fee, that is utter crap. I've been in that same exact situation. At least I had another store to go to at least.

Hoping this becomes a success, I called a store that is a hefty drive from my location and they had a copy! They are going to ship it to my local gamestop, so hopefully I can get it, use the coupon, and it turns out to be the right disk!

Good luck with it. If you get it we'll have to race, especially Monte Carlo. I love those tracks.