Ni No Kuni out January 22, 2013

• Please log in to reply
637 replies to this topic

#121 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

Though I'll probably pre-order at GameStop, I would've been more excited about the game if Namco offered more than five copies of the Wizard's Edition to the public.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#122 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:27 AM

The wizard edition seemed to be up for a while today. If they made more available then the people who did buy it would be pissed off when it turned out not to be limited. I guess you can't win.

#123 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:38 AM

The wizard edition seemed to be up for a while today. If they made more available then the people who did buy it would be pissed off when it turned out not to be limited. I guess you can't win.

Boo hoo for them if they don't like the idea of more people being able to get a CE that they want. They don't need to make a million of them, but it would be nice to have the option to get in on a small pre-order run at GameStop or Amazon than hope that Namco's table scraps on their site went up at a time that I could get in on it.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#124 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:25 AM

Though I'll probably pre-order at GameStop, I would've been more excited about the game if Namco offered more than five copies of the Wizard's Edition to the public.

It was available for awhile this past fall...think today was just for cancelled orders and possibly a few more copies.

#125 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

The Wizard edition did look pretty sweet, but I couldn't justify spending $100+tax+shipping on it. I don't think I've ever bought a game for $60 before, even.

#126 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Almost forgot this game was coming out next week. Rushed over and preordered my copy and got the Steel case. Cant wait to play it. Not since Vesperia have I completed a current gen console JRPG (not counting Xenoblade)

Maybe my wife will let me play this in front of my 2 year old.... maybe

#127 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Yeah, this was a collector's edition which really tempted me but I know what'll happen: The awesome baubles will forever sit on a shelf unused and further cluttering the room.

I want that book and I want that plushie but my tablet at my side will just have to suffice.
sudo mklove

#128 captubaplayer

captubaplayer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Found Ni No Kuni out on the shelf at Target today. I immediately tried to buy it, but sadly their system kicked out an error and refused to sell it since it wasn't release day yet. Sigh.

#129 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

Found Ni No Kuni out on the shelf at Target today. I immediately tried to buy it, but sadly their system kicked out an error and refused to sell it since it wasn't release day yet. Sigh.

This happens every weekend prior to a release and the people over there keep letting me try to buy it. :roll:
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#130 girlracer

girlracer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Game looks great, ordered thru best buy, had $30 in rewards so I ended up getting it for $32 with free 2 day shipping.

#131 kit352

kit352

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im awaiting my wizard edition to come in. Hopefully i wont have to wait too long after release to have it arrive. Hopefully itll be in good shape too.

#132 FatBoyInside

FatBoyInside

Money costs too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Almost forgot this game was coming out next week. Rushed over and preordered my copy and got the Steel case. Cant wait to play it. Not since Vesperia have I completed a current gen console JRPG (not counting Xenoblade)

Maybe my wife will let me play this in front of my 2 year old.... maybe

I haven't 'completed' any jrpg since persona3portable nearly 2 yrs ago. I will dust off my ps3 for this puppy next week. I just hope I can endure all the sugary graphics (just watched Django and Last Stand...my mind is so tainted now).

My Current Lowball Sale is ACTIVE NOW.  Relieve my sorrows and bid if you can. Ends 8/4. 

animePSP2.jpg

#133 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 05:51 AM

Got shipping notice from Amazon today. Super excited!
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#134 Setzer

Setzer

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:09 AM

Can't wait to play this!

Edited by Setzer, 21 January 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#135 K0dos

K0dos

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

Just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon should have it by Wednesday.
Posted Image

#136 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:02 PM

Anyone know when GS.com is shipping? I want to play this badly and get my Steelbook, only reason I ordered from GS.com.

Also have the guide coming from B&N.com because it was cheapest for me. Anyone know how fast B&N.com ships?
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#137 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

Will the DLC be region locked?

Will the griffy familiar(U.S only?) work on the PAL version of the game if I create a U.S PSN to redeem the code?

#138 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Newegg shipped my copy today. No backing out now!
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#139 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

GS will decide if I'm getting it or not tomorrow. If they give me the steelbook with my preorder I will, if not I'll get my money back and pass.

It's not a need to play game for me, but it's a nice enough preorder bonus where I'll try the game and if it's as boring as the demo was I'll trade it away.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#140 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

Boo hoo for them if they don't like the idea of more people being able to get a CE that they want. They don't need to make a million of them, but it would be nice to have the option to get in on a small pre-order run at GameStop or Amazon than hope that Namco's table scraps on their site went up at a time that I could get in on it.

I agree with this so much. People always bite my head off when I say I hate online retailer exclusive CE's/LE's, but this is the exact reason why. Especially when you have to deal with crappily designed stores and horrible shipping companies.

I think Persona 4 Golden did it perfectly, split their allocation between a few sites and stores, and still managed to stay up for a decent amount of time and sell all of the copies. (And it ended up being somewhat rare too)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#141 io

io

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

I had forgotten about this game but got my shipping notice from Amazon yesterday - will be here tomorrow (Tues) according to them.

I might just bust this open and play it ASAP instead of adding it to the pile like I do with most games.

#142 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Anyone know when GS.com is shipping? I want to play this badly and get my Steelbook, only reason I ordered from GS.com.

Also have the guide coming from B&N.com because it was cheapest for me. Anyone know how fast B&N.com ships?

Mine just shipped from gs

#143 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Will the DLC be region locked?

Will the griffy familiar(U.S only?) work on the PAL version of the game if I create a U.S PSN to redeem the code?

My personal experience with other games? Yes. Since the games have different "store fronts" the DLC purchased/redeemed in 1 store doesn't show up as purchased in the other store. Whichever game version you buy, you'll need to get the DLC from that region.

#144 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Mine just shipped from gs

Yeah so did mine. Guide is still in Limbo from B&N.com. I really hope my guide comes in this week because it's being shipped to my GF's house since she ordered something on the order so we could get free shipping on it. Wont be able to visit till the weekend and it would suck not having it this week.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#145 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Should I be expecting a delivery confirmation for the wizard edition? Never dealt
with digital river before.

#146 Tiny Gallon

Tiny Gallon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Instead of a shipping confirmation from Digital River - I just got a cancellation

The order was so old, my payment method has changed, and of course got declined. No chance to fix it, just an automated email saying it was cancelled.

I REALLY wish they could have charged at time of purchase.. Rather than wait 7 months and then try and charge the same Card. What a complete joke. Oh well, guess I'll buy it for $20 in a few months

Here's what they sent me:
--------------
"We’re sorry but your order for Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition could not be processed. The credit card on file could not be authorized for payment. As a result, your order has been cancelled.

Unfortunately due to the limited nature of this product, it is no longer available for purchase.

Please note: This email message was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email. Please do not reply to this message."

#147 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Got two emails from Amazon saying sorry for the delay, which is weird considering they've never sent emails before. Game and guide are shipping soon with delivery of today by 8PM. Can't tell if they're just trolling me or if it might actually be here today. . .

#148 Rodimus

Rodimus

I'm Different

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Installing now. Unfortunately I wont be able to play much until I get off work. Oh well...

Anyone have an idea as about how long the game is? I've also been hearing the game is a little on the difficult side.

#149 Action!

Action!

King Koopa.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Yeah, I'd love to hear some impressions. I wasn't floored by the demo, but my love of Ghibli and Level-5 still has me wanting to pick this up.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 6/28/14   Child of Light       |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in early access! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#150 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

installing now. have all day to play, pretty excited. in response to above comment. the only thing I've read that comes off as difficult is the reliance of using the defensive option ( which i never use in rpgs).

also 40-50 hours us the first few reports I've read. which probably means 60-70 hours for me (i like to take my time in pretty and detailed games)