bejeweled 3 ps3/360 9.99, plants vs zombies ps3 9.99 @ gamestop

I actually just picked up plants vs zombies pre-owned today so I can get the 20% promo and came out to $7.28 + Tax (less then $8 still)

Both these games are excellent. Plants vs. Zombies is one of my favorite casual games ever; I own it on every platform. Bejeweled 2 was a huge fav of mine in the past, and 3 is excellent as well. Great deals for fun games! And Heavy Weapon (from PS3 PvZ), is also excellent. FF2 is fun too.

For those who are wondering about the "value" of Bejeweled 3 @ $10, I have to say it is tremendous. I have spent around 20 hours playing it and I still find it enjoyable. If you want to go for achievements, most of them are fairly quick but expect to put in 20 - 30 hours of play time to get all of them.

I had no idea what was missing. Only got into Bejeweled last year. Diamond mine is my favorite, but there are like 6 other modes that are really good. I got the digital version, since it's a "quick fix" kinda game and I wouldn't play it nearly as much if I had to keep swapping discs. But yeah. One of the beat matching games ever. Only behind tetris attack.

Time to El Hoardo that shit.

El_hoardo_2_sample.jpg

In for both for ps3 new because they have sealed copys. Looking forward to playing Heavy Weapon most out of the six games.

I got them both for $10 a month ago or so and I prefer Plant zombies. But the game lags on ps3 so there's that. It's pretty damn annoying. You can play music off your hd though which is cool.

Bejeweled is bejeweled. It has a slip cover so ask for it if they don't give it to you. I like slips. Can't play your music in this one.

The other games on disc are okay but not worth my time.

[quote name='mr_burnzz']I got them both for $10 a month ago or so and I prefer Plant zombies. But the game lags on ps3 so there's that. It's pretty damn annoying. You can play music off your hd though which is cool.

Bejeweled is bejeweled. It has a slip cover so ask for it if they don't give it to you. I like slips. Can't play your music in this one.

The other games on disc are okay but not worth my time.[/QUOTE]

My buddy and I played feeding frenzy drunk when I picked it up and had a blast!!!

lol serious. bejeweled hasn't left my ps3 disc drive. can't get past level 10 though :cry:

[quote name='shivan128']bejeweled on its own is worth the $10... pick this up if you do not have it!![/QUOTE]

I bought the Bejeweled one last time, it's a great buy, love all of the games! I'm getting the PvZ one tomorrow... PvZ for $10 is worth it.

Have to reiterate what everyone is saying. Bought Bejeweled last time it was on sale at Gamestop and have put a LOT of hours into (Zuma as well). It offers up quite the challenge and as a bonus, it's one of the games my girlfriend will play, lol.

How come the PC doesn't have bundles of games like the XBOX 360 and the PS3? I would love to get Bejewels 3 and Plant Vs Zombies on the PC.

And where can you buy the physical copies of Bejewels 3 and Plant vs Zombies for the PC? I would hate to lose the PC download version when we update to a newer PC down the road. Thanks.

Bought the Bejeweled 3 PS3 disc about a month ago for $10 at GS, it was the day the PSN had it, Zuma and FF2 for $10 each. Zuma is just about the ugliest game I've ever seen on the PS3, only played 1 level and had to quit. FF2 was worth the $10 alone, my kids played it all the way thru on multiplayer and then played a bunch of the minigames. And I agree w/ Stimes, poker mode is very addictive.
I've already beaten PvZ on PSN. And PC - both original Michael Jackson version and Disco Stu version on Steam sop I could get achievements - and on my tiny iPod Touch screen for 99c. vs. mode on PS3 was short lived as it's quite 1 sided. That game was originally created so the plants always win and it shows in multiplayer. Still tempted for Heavy Weapon though, another fun multiplayer game.

Got Bejeweled 3 for the PS3 last month and loved it. I will be getting the PvZ today. I've been waiting for that game to drop either on disc or PSN. This is good since PvZ is $15 and Peggle is $10 on PSN.

Does Peggle on the :ps3: Plants vs. Zombies disc include Peggle Nights?

I'll also echo what most have said about Bejeweled 3. You may think "No way can Bejeweled be improved and be more fun to play" buy Bejeweled 3 does it.

I just wish there was an installation option for the game. Hearing the Bluray drive start up from standby every time I finish a game is starting to get annoying.

[quote name='LouieT']Does Peggle on the :ps3: Plants vs. Zombies disc include Peggle Nights?

I'll also echo what most have said about Bejeweled 3. You may think "No way can Bejeweled be improved and be more fun to play" buy Bejeweled 3 does it.

I just wish there was an installation option for the game. Hearing the Bluray drive start up from standby every time I finish a game is starting to get annoying.[/QUOTE]

No, the PS3 version of PvZ contains Peggle and Heavy Weapon, no Peggle Nights.

I did a reserve hold for Bejeweled 3 since my store was showing Low Stock.

I picked it up today. 100% sealed NEW copy with the nice slipcover. :) It's the first time I used the in-store pick-up.

what the heck is Bejewled live? I already have plants vs zombies on DS and 360, so i picked it up for the ps3 as well.. why the hell not. I never owned Bejewled though and didn't know what version to get it for. Instinct says 360 for the achievments, but the bonus game sounds odd.. zuma+ feeding frenzy 2 sounds better than just bejewled live whatever that is. Anyone that can fill me in?

I picked the 360 version up today because my store didn't have many copies but i can go swap it out in the next day or 2 if the ps3 versions bonus's are better.

Yeesh i have 3 copies of PVZ now and have not really played any of them! I better pick one and get going

^_^x KD

[quote name='Paco']Time to El Hoardo that shit.

El_hoardo_2_sample.jpg
[/QUOTE]
:rofl:I especially like the lil Starship Enterprise on the side of the scooter. But dammit, how did Strell get a pic of me to draw such a detailed caricature.:whistle2:# I think I have another stalker on here.

I grabbed this the last time it was $10 at GS(well, Bejeweled 3 anyway) and I have yet to play it. My copy is sitting here sealed still.:cry:

[quote name='TXboxGuY']On the Xbox360 disc of Bejeweled 3, it will include Bejeweled LIVE.

The Zuma and Feeding Frenzy are on the PS3 disc.

I bumped up the older thread on the Bejeweled 3 yesterday but it didn't include the Plants vs. Zombies. :)

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320132

My 360 Plants vs. Zombies disc included Peggle & Zuma (not Heavy Weapon -- probably on the Ps3 version)[/QUOTE]

I never understood why each version had different games included. Maybe it was marketing thing. I found it annoying.

I'm guessing Popcap could have made an ultimate edition. Seeing how all of the games probably could fit on one disc.

[quote name='LouieT']I just wish there was an installation option for the game. Hearing the Bluray drive start up from standby every time I finish a game is starting to get annoying.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's why I still prefer buying the game over the network, even though the compilation discs are generally a better deal.

Does anyone know if the PC versions of Plants vs Zombies and Bejewels 3 downloads can be reinstalled on another computer when I upgrade my old one down the road? That's the only thing that's keeping me from paying $20 right now for the 2 PC versions. The physical copies of PvZ and Bejewels 3 are $20 each instead of $10. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']

I grabbed this the last time it was $10 at GS(well, Bejeweled 3 anyway) and I have yet to play it. My copy is sitting here sealed still.:cry:[/QUOTE]

open it up, most fun game I've played in a while

Which Plants vs Zombies version (PS3 or 360) is better as in more optimized, and with less freezing and glitches? And can you just hold down the triggers to collect suns on both platform versions or just on the Xbox 360? I just purchased this for the PC, but after having to click on all the suns to collect them it's painful during hectic battles. Thanks.

[quote name='Investor']Which Plants vs Zombies version (PS3 or 360) is better as in more optimized, and with less freezing and glitches? And can you just hold down the triggers to collect suns on both platform versions or just on the Xbox 360? I just purchased this for the PC, but after having to click on all the suns to collect them it's painful during hectic battles. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I own the ps3 version and it's the only one I've played but it lags like hell when you are getting seriously into it. The hardest trophy is to get to level 40 and damn that shit is slow. I played with it for a few weeks but haven't touched it since. Definitely got my $10 worth though.

[quote name='Investor']Does anyone know if the PC versions of Plants vs Zombies and Bejewels 3 downloads can be reinstalled on another computer when I upgrade my old one down the road? That's the only thing that's keeping me from paying $20 right now for the 2 PC versions. The physical copies of PvZ and Bejewels 3 are $20 each instead of $10. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You can buy Bejewed 3 for $3.99 right now on Steam till 10am PST. If you wait till next week the Steam summer sale starts and Plants vs Zombies will probably show up as a daily deal for $2.50 like it has in the past.

Since they are on Steam you can redownload them as often as you wish on as many of your PC's as you wish.

Thanks for the reply, mate. But I have just purchased it for the PC a few days ago shortly after my post. But will all the clicking to collect the suns, which literally is giving he a headache, I've decided to pick it up for the console.

The poster above said his PS3 version lags badly, so does anyone know if the XBOX 360 version lags as well?

[quote name='KaOTiK']You can buy Bejewed 3 for $3.99 right now on Steam till 10am PST. If you wait till next week the Steam summer sale starts and Plants vs Zombies will probably show up as a daily deal for $2.50 like it has in the past.

Since they are on Steam you can redownload them as often as you wish on as many of your PC's as you wish.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone confirm if the 360 version of Plants vs zombies is in fact 9.99? I went to one store and it was stickered 19.99

The only time I encountered lag on the 360 version is when I was going for the 40 flag achievement on Survival Endless. There'll be many plants firing and many zombies on screen in the later waves. Other than that, I didn't run into any bugs in my 20 or so hours according to Raptr.

I didn't know you could hold down the triggers to collect sun. I just kept my cursor on the move collecting everything that dropped. It's definitely something I missed when playing the PC/Fire version.

Picked up both. 6 Pop Cap games for $3.33 each is an awesome deal. Peggle is ridiculously awesome. That and Bejeweled are actually the only ones I played before, but I checked out soem gameplay videos of the other 4 and they look pretty cool.

[quote name='Investor']Which Plants vs Zombies version (PS3 or 360) is better as in more optimized, and with less freezing and glitches? And can you just hold down the triggers to collect suns on both platform versions or just on the Xbox 360? I just purchased this for the PC, but after having to click on all the suns to collect them it's painful during hectic battles. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

yeah, the 360 version feels totally different than the PC version because of the trigger to collect sun. the PC version is far more frantic as you're clicking a zillion times a second. On the 360 version, it's much more peaceful. Not that it's easier but because you're not focusing on the clicking, you can focus on the strategy of how to rebuild structures and attack guys as well.

here's me playing levels 33-38. the video was already getting too long so I cut it short:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDcIO8cP188
0:48 wave 33 start.
5:57 wave 35 start.
10:41 wave 37 start.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks! PvZ has varying difficulty where it gets harder, then easier, then harder. the above design should get you to around wave 70. more if some breaks go your way. I do have some modified designs that work about the same and get similar results. But the above design is pretty relaxing as you'll have plenty of money and less things that you need to replace.

[quote name='dirtyvu']thanks! PvZ has varying difficulty where it gets harder, then easier, then harder. the above design should get you to around wave 70. more if some breaks go your way. I do have some modified designs that work about the same and get similar results. But the above design is pretty relaxing as you'll have plenty of money and less things that you need to replace.[/QUOTE]

Loved your youtube vid of PvZ. I've only played the PC version, and beaten the whole game, but it doesn't have this mode in it. I do have the 360 and PS3 versions of PvZ, but haven't played them yet. I also have the Vita version which I have played a fair bit, gone through adventure mode once I think and am in the 2nd adventure mode runthrough. Haven't beaten all the mini-games in that version, but I did beat about all of them in the PC version.

Anyway the point is, PvZ is a fantastic game, one of my favorites in a long, long time. The balance and progression is fantastic, and its a blast to play.

[quote name='chimpmeister']Loved your youtube vid of PvZ. I've only played the PC version, and beaten the whole game, but it doesn't have this mode in it. I do have the 360 and PS3 versions of PvZ, but haven't played them yet. [/QUOTE]

I loved the 360 and PC versions. The changes to the 360 version are fantastic but they do leave you thinking that they could've done more.

Like it has local multiplayer co-op and versus which is a nice upgrade over the PC version. But it's only local and not online. And while the co-op is cool in concept, they could've done more with it. As it is, it's too easy with one person able to freeze things while the other doing the destruction.

And the 16:9 gives so much potential but since it's based on the PC version which is 4:3, they basically just added bushes to take up the rest of the 16:9 screen.

bread's done
Back