bejeweled 3 ps3/360 9.99, plants vs zombies ps3 9.99 @ gamestop

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Does anyone know if the PC versions of Plants vs Zombies and Bejewels 3 downloads can be reinstalled on another computer when I upgrade my old one down the road? That's the only thing that's keeping me from paying $20 right now for the 2 PC versions. The physical copies of PvZ and Bejewels 3 are $20 each instead of $10. Thanks.

Edited by Investor, 23 June 2012 - 12:03 AM.

<p>Gamefly PS3 chipped discs. Click on more pictures below to enlarge them.
Investor9872.png

#32 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:49 AM

I grabbed this the last time it was $10 at GS(well, Bejeweled 3 anyway) and I have yet to play it. My copy is sitting here sealed still.:cry:

open it up, most fun game I've played in a while

#33 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Which Plants vs Zombies version (PS3 or 360) is better as in more optimized, and with less freezing and glitches? And can you just hold down the triggers to collect suns on both platform versions or just on the Xbox 360? I just purchased this for the PC, but after having to click on all the suns to collect them it's painful during hectic battles. Thanks.
Investor9872.png

#34 mr_burnzz

mr_burnzz

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:37 AM

Which Plants vs Zombies version (PS3 or 360) is better as in more optimized, and with less freezing and glitches? And can you just hold down the triggers to collect suns on both platform versions or just on the Xbox 360? I just purchased this for the PC, but after having to click on all the suns to collect them it's painful during hectic battles. Thanks.

I own the ps3 version and it's the only one I've played but it lags like hell when you are getting seriously into it. The hardest trophy is to get to level 40 and damn that shit is slow. I played with it for a few weeks but haven't touched it since. Definitely got my $10 worth though.

#35 KaOTiK

KaOTiK

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:27 AM

Does anyone know if the PC versions of Plants vs Zombies and Bejewels 3 downloads can be reinstalled on another computer when I upgrade my old one down the road? That's the only thing that's keeping me from paying $20 right now for the 2 PC versions. The physical copies of PvZ and Bejewels 3 are $20 each instead of $10. Thanks.

You can buy Bejewed 3 for $3.99 right now on Steam till 10am PST. If you wait till next week the Steam summer sale starts and Plants vs Zombies will probably show up as a daily deal for $2.50 like it has in the past.

Since they are on Steam you can redownload them as often as you wish on as many of your PC's as you wish.

#36 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the reply, mate. But I have just purchased it for the PC a few days ago shortly after my post. But will all the clicking to collect the suns, which literally is giving he a headache, I've decided to pick it up for the console.

The poster above said his PS3 version lags badly, so does anyone know if the XBOX 360 version lags as well?

You can buy Bejewed 3 for $3.99 right now on Steam till 10am PST. If you wait till next week the Steam summer sale starts and Plants vs Zombies will probably show up as a daily deal for $2.50 like it has in the past.

Since they are on Steam you can redownload them as often as you wish on as many of your PC's as you wish.

Investor9872.png

#37 bill123

bill123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:26 PM

Can anyone confirm if the 360 version of Plants vs zombies is in fact 9.99? I went to one store and it was stickered 19.99

55877.png
563306.png

#38 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Can anyone confirm if the 360 version of Plants vs zombies is in fact 9.99? I went to one store and it was stickered 19.99

Looks like the 360 version is 19.99:

http://www.gamestop....s-zombies/77860

And the PS3 verion is 9.99:

http://www.gamestop....s-zombies/97531

#39 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

The only time I encountered lag on the 360 version is when I was going for the 40 flag achievement on Survival Endless. There'll be many plants firing and many zombies on screen in the later waves. Other than that, I didn't run into any bugs in my 20 or so hours according to Raptr.

I didn't know you could hold down the triggers to collect sun. I just kept my cursor on the move collecting everything that dropped. It's definitely something I missed when playing the PC/Fire version.

#40 JP73

JP73

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:45 PM

Picked up both. 6 Pop Cap games for $3.33 each is an awesome deal. Peggle is ridiculously awesome. That and Bejeweled are actually the only ones I played before, but I checked out soem gameplay videos of the other 4 and they look pretty cool.

#41 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:02 AM

yeah, the 360 version feels totally different than the PC version because of the trigger to collect sun. the PC version is far more frantic as you're clicking a zillion times a second. On the 360 version, it's much more peaceful. Not that it's easier but because you're not focusing on the clicking, you can focus on the strategy of how to rebuild structures and attack guys as well.

here's me playing levels 33-38. the video was already getting too long so I cut it short:

0:48 wave 33 start.
5:57 wave 35 start.
10:41 wave 37 start.

Edited by dirtyvu, 24 June 2012 - 06:55 AM.

#42 Investor9872

Investor9872

CAG Supremo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

That is very cool with all those catapults, cannons and water balloons you have.
Investor9872.png

#43 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:14 AM

thanks! PvZ has varying difficulty where it gets harder, then easier, then harder. the above design should get you to around wave 70. more if some breaks go your way. I do have some modified designs that work about the same and get similar results. But the above design is pretty relaxing as you'll have plenty of money and less things that you need to replace.

#44 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:12 AM

thanks! PvZ has varying difficulty where it gets harder, then easier, then harder. the above design should get you to around wave 70. more if some breaks go your way. I do have some modified designs that work about the same and get similar results. But the above design is pretty relaxing as you'll have plenty of money and less things that you need to replace.

Loved your youtube vid of PvZ. I've only played the PC version, and beaten the whole game, but it doesn't have this mode in it. I do have the 360 and PS3 versions of PvZ, but haven't played them yet. I also have the Vita version which I have played a fair bit, gone through adventure mode once I think and am in the 2nd adventure mode runthrough. Haven't beaten all the mini-games in that version, but I did beat about all of them in the PC version.

Anyway the point is, PvZ is a fantastic game, one of my favorites in a long, long time. The balance and progression is fantastic, and its a blast to play.

#45 dirtyvu

dirtyvu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Loved your youtube vid of PvZ. I've only played the PC version, and beaten the whole game, but it doesn't have this mode in it. I do have the 360 and PS3 versions of PvZ, but haven't played them yet.

I loved the 360 and PC versions. The changes to the 360 version are fantastic but they do leave you thinking that they could've done more.

Like it has local multiplayer co-op and versus which is a nice upgrade over the PC version. But it's only local and not online. And while the co-op is cool in concept, they could've done more with it. As it is, it's too easy with one person able to freeze things while the other doing the destruction.

And the 16:9 gives so much potential but since it's based on the PC version which is 4:3, they basically just added bushes to take up the rest of the 16:9 screen.