Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:19 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...cat276600050001

Free $10 Savings Code

when you spend $50 or more on movies, music or video game software, and choose store pickup.

• Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.
  • The savings code will be e-mailed up to 5 days after you pick up your order.
  • Redeem your savings code in store or online.
  • Note: Not all products are available for store pickup.

Fine Print:

• Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12.
  • Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards.
  • Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion.
  • Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.
If you can't pick-up your order by 8/31, your purchase does not qualify for the $10 code. So if you plan on pre-ordering a game that releases after 8/31, it will NOT work.

$10 code expires by the end of each month. What month it expires depends on when you picked up your order. June is 7/31, July is 8/31, and August is 9/30.

This offer will not work on anything listed on the exclusion list in the fine print. Which covers basically all digital content, including Battlefield 3 Premium, xbox live points, xbox live gold, etc... and anything that is not available for in-store pickup.

Edited by htz, 17 June 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#2 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:26 AM

It is like BBY stacks goodness on top of awesomeness sometimes.
Posted Image

#3 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:27 AM

Wish this stacks with the $20 preorder promo..

#4 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:28 AM

That's a nice bonus. I wonder you can get more than one.

#5 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:33 AM

Why wouldn't it? I plan on buying NCAA 13 in July and getting both the 1000 points bonus and this $10 code.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#6 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

It does stack with that promo, but it only works on games releasing before 8/31. Since you need to pick-up your purchase before the promotion ends on 8/31.

Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion.

NCAA Football 13 July 10 / July 17
Madden NFL 13 August 28 / September 4

#7 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Why wouldn't it? I plan on buying NCAA 13 in July and getting both the 1000 points bonus and this $10 code.

I don't know...would it?

#8 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

They did this recently (offered a $10 e-gift card) with any in-store pick-up order total of $100 or more. But there was no "individual online purchase" clause on that offer and it was cumulative for the week the promo was being offered. Wonder if this one has to be a single order of $50+?

And it sucks that pre-owned games don't qualify since there's a B2G1 offer out there too now. Still a great little bonus for gaming purchases though...

#9 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

If best buy was a person, they'd be the best person ever. I'd vote for them for president, I'd have sex with them, I'd do whatever the hell they wanted because bestbuy is just fucking awesome.

#10 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:36 AM

It would work. This is the small print for the $20 promo.

Game must be pre-ordered by street date and purchased as follows: (1) If you pre-order in-store or online for In-Store Pickup, purchase and pick up game within 7 days of street date

#11 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

I don't know...would it?

I don't think so. How would you apply your $5 pre-order online? I believe that's in-store only...

#12 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

It does stack with that promo, but it only works on games releasing before 8/31. Since you need to pick-up your purchase before the promotion ends on 8/31.

NCAA Football 13 July 10 / July 17
Madden NFL 13 August 28 / September 4

The page says place the order between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31, but I also need to pick up before August 31?

#13 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

well this is one offer though should be easy to get.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#14 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

I don't think so. How would you apply your $5 pre-order online? I believe that's in-store only...

You can preorder online. You just have to pay the full $60+tax.

#15 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

Just saw the offer on the website. I'll definitely be placing more orders for in store pickup as opposed to heading to the store and buying directly.

#16 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

It would work. This is the small print for the $20 promo.

I think that's saying that you can pre-order online for in-store pick-up, but to actually purchase the game with the pre-order applied I think you have to go in-store. Online purchases are charged the full amount online and there'd be no way to register the $5 pre-order credit except for an in-store pick-up, return/rebuy.

I think...

#17 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

The page says place the order between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31, but I also need to pick up before August 31?

Yes. You have to pick it up by Aug 31st to fulfill the order for the promo.

#18 scblueeyedguy

scblueeyedguy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

I think that's saying that you can pre-order online for in-store pick-up, but to actually purchase the game with the pre-order applied I think you have to go in-store. Online purchases are charged the full amount online and there'd be no way to register the $5 pre-order credit except for an in-store pick-up, return/rebuy.

I think...

A preorder online is the same as one in the store (except price of course). I preordered my ME3 online and got my $20 gift card for that. Just make sure your RZ is associated with your account.

#19 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

I don't see a limit in the fine print anywhere...so does this mean that multiple qualifying in-store pickups can be done to earn multiple $10 codes? That would get crazy abuse...

#20 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Does this work if you use a GC or RZ Certs?

#21 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

Yes. You have to pick it up by Aug 31st to fulfill the order for the promo.

Ah, no go for me then. Thanks!

EDIT: Yeah I see the fine print below now. I hate fine prints :(

#22 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

A preorder online is the same as one in the store (except price of course). I preordered my ME3 online and got my $20 gift card for that. Just make sure your RZ is associated with your account.

Great to know. This stacking with the $20 GCU promo is just sick value. Thanks for the info...

#23 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

I don't see a limit in the fine print anywhere...so does this mean that multiple qualifying in-store pickups can be done to earn multiple $10 codes? That would get crazy abuse...

How? You would still be spending $50 right?

#24 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:45 AM

The promotion runs from June 17 through August 31. If you read the fine print on the bottom of the promo page you will see that it states "Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion." which means your order has to be placed between those two dates and fulfilled(equals to picked up) between those two dates also. So yeah you need to pick-up whatever your ordering before August 31. So based on the release dates NCAA and NFL 13 are the only pre-orders from the $20 promo which stacks with this one.

#25 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

I'll totally jump on Madden 13 if this can be combined with the $20 promo already offered. Reading everything over it looks like it should.

#26 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

I might be in for either NCAA or Madden with this deal. I wanted to get one, now I just need to decide. I've never played a NCAA game before, so maybe I'll get that one.

#27 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

Odd that they would discourage people from going after this deal for pre-owned games, given that they make a lot more money from pre-owned games.

I just ordered Batman AC GOTY today. Guess I'll do a return/rebuy or something soon.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#28 Dund3r

Dund3r

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:49 AM

I was already planning on doing it, but count me in for both NCAA and Madden. Can't beat getting $60 in Best Buy cash for free.

#29 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

I wonder if we'll be able to claim $10 more then once though.
>_>
<_<

#30 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:54 AM

So I'm going to get credit for the stuff I was already planning on purchasing anyway?

Brilliant.