Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#61 DANIEL

DANIEL

DANNY FAKnTASTIC

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

microsoft points work for this promo? I was thinking of buying 4000 points so that I can get the Premium battlefield 3 DLC

DANNY_FAKnTASTIK.pngfs_overall.png

#62 exaznkid

exaznkid

Spare Some Change

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

Place a movie, music or video game software order of $50 or more between Sunday, June 17, and Friday, August 31 — and use store pickup.

Inversion was DOTD on Saturday, June 16th.
So I don't think it counts.

I'm going to return/rebuy Spiderman 1-3 and pick up the Louie DVD/BD set.
Edit: Crap, I forgot I used an RZ cert on the Spiderman sets...fuuuuuuuu

I think those points go back to your card when you do a return don't they? That's what customer service told me when I returned an item a few months ago.

#63 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:49 AM

BB continues to take all my money :cry:

I paid off my most recent credit card statement and it is absolutely absurd how many BB purchases I've racked up. Great find OP.

Yeah same here, its getting hard to tell if they double charged me by accident.

#64 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:53 AM

I guess I'm picking up Spec Ops: The Line...I mean $10 GC + $10 Saver Coupon...why not? I'll do a quick play through and sell it/trade it back in. PM it down the line when a sale hits.

Crap: I have to pre-order it though and BB doesn't take GC for pre-orders.
I'm also tempted on picking up the Ghost Recon/ACR bundle now...

I have no remote interests in sports games though otherwise I would have pre-ordered those football games.

Edited by iduncurr, 17 June 2012 - 07:16 AM.

#65 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Am I getting this right?

NCAA Football: $59.99
+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

Madden Football : $59.99 - $30 = $29.99
+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

Borderlands 2:$59.99 - $30 = $29.99
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

I might be in for all that.

(Edit 1: I added in CA sales tax, oops!)
(Edit 2: I just realized I might not get my $20 RZGCU cert from Madden in time for Borderlands 2, but I could just carry that over to the next game I wanted anyway.)

#66 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:55 AM

I think those points go back to your card when you do a return don't they? That's what customer service told me when I returned an item a few months ago.

I purchased the Spiderman set with the three ABC shows (Missing/Scandal/GBC).
Would I get a partial refund?

#67 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

yeah i accidently got this the last time just due to online dotd's and instore pickup. it will happen again im sure of it. and yeah doesnt need to be one order probly, as last time it was just a bunch of little orders and bam free $10. thanks bestbuy.

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#68 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

Am I getting this right?

+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

+ $20 RZGCU bonus

(Edit 2: I just realized I might not get my $20 RZGCU cert from Madden in time for Borderlands 2, but I could just carry that over to the next game I wanted anyway.)

That's what I plan to do if they give away multiple codes. Hopefully craigslist will want NCAA and Madden

#69 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

The TIV's are normally pretty strong for those when they first release, so if you find the right bonus, you might be able to flip them that way too. I know last year I got $42 or so for Madden a week after launch at GameStop. Just a thought.

#70 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:19 AM

Am I getting this right?

+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

+ $10 savings code
+ $20 RZGCU bonus

+ $20 RZGCU bonus

Is Borderlands 2 coming out before 8/31? If not it won't work, the terms states the order must be placed and fulfilled within the promotion period(6/17-8/31). In order to "fulfill" you need to pick-up your order by 8/31. You can't pick up something that has not been release yet.

Also we are not sure yet if there is a limit on this offer. So getting more than 1 $10 code is unknown.

#71 nadohawk

nadohawk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Thanks. Bookmarking if I want to use the deal. Wish it was in-store so I could us gamer coupons, but I still might find a deal online.
1 John 1:7,9
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

#72 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

Is Borderlands 2 coming out before 8/31? If not it won't work, the terms states the order must be placed and fulfilled within the promotion period(6/17-8/31). In order to "fulfill" you need to pick-up your order by 8/31. You can't pick up something that has not been release yet.

Also we are not sure yet if there is a limit on this offer. So getting more than 1 $10 code is unknown.

I don't think his example says he will get $10 for Borderlands. He is using the $10 cert from Madden in August for his Sept purchase.
Posted Image

#73 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Borderlands 2 is the game that the 2nd $10 off coupon is going to be used on, which expire 9/30. You'd only get 2 from the 2 sports games, but you need a game to use up the 2nd one, which Borderlands 2 satisfies.

#74 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

I don't think his example says he will get $10 for Borderlands. He is using the $10 cert from Madden in August for his Sept purchase.

I get it now, thanks for the correction. I need some sleep, heh.

#75 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

They are supposed to. I've only done it once - waited 2 months and no points returned. I email cs and they manually re adjusted the points.

#76 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

With the way the deal's reward is structured, I don't think at least 1 per month would be out of the question, but you're completely right in this regard.

Thanks to everyone who checked my math/partaking in the deal.

#77 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Anyone know if this works on a ship to store type order? I'm placing a B2G1 order and I'm wondering if i should ship to my home or to the store to possibly qualify for this offer.

#78 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

Anyone know if this works on a ship to store type order? I'm placing a B2G1 order and I'm wondering if i should ship to my home or to the store to possibly qualify for this offer.

pre-owned games are excluded from this offer

#79 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

It is not good on preowned games though if that is the B2G1 you are referring to.
Posted Image

#80 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:38 AM

Thanks to both above. Didn't see that restriction listed when I first saw the offer.

#81 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:54 AM

Hopefully items that are shipped to store counts for this promo.

#82 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

I still find this a funny promo. What makes store pick up so special? If it is to get the people into the store who normally ship I guess I can see that but wouldn't you want people to actually walk around the store? Who knows maybe the grand plan is to start making smaller stores where many items are in a larger warehouse instead of on the floor.
Posted Image

#83 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:38 AM

Thanks OP. I just bought:

Spiderman blu-ray $12.99
Spiderman 2 blu-ray $12.99
Blade blu-ray $14.99
Blade 3 blu-ray $14.99
Kinect Sports $4.99

$64 with tax. If everything goes according to plan, I should get $40 back (sort of).

I should get the $10 rewardzone coupon, $20 Hollywood movie cash to see The Amazing Spiderman, and $10 movie cash to see the Dark Knight rises.

I would have bought Blade II but it's not available for in-store pickup.

#84 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Thanks OP. I just bought:

Spiderman blu-ray $12.99
Spiderman 2 blu-ray $12.99
Blade blu-ray $14.99
Blade 3 blu-ray $14.99
Kinect Sports $4.99

$64 with tax. If everything goes according to plan, I should get $40 back (sort of).

I should get the $10 rewardzone coupon, $20 Hollywood movie cash to see The Amazing Spiderman, and $10 movie cash to see the Dark Knight rises.

I would have bought Blade II but it's not available for in-store pickup.

Was Spiderman 3 really that bad? I was gonna blind buy for the movie ticket.

#85 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Are we sure that you can participate in this offer more then once? I haven't seen the T&C that says otherwise:

Valid on individual online purchases made between 6/17/12 and 8/31/12. Excludes purchases of PC and pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards. Eligible pre-orders must be placed and fulfilled during promotion. Savings Codes expire as follows: For June in-store pickups — 7/31; July in-store pickups — 8/31; and August in-store pickups — 9/30.

I was going to creat a seperate deal but figured I'd just post it here:

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3/360) + Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3/360) + $10 Best Buy promo code = $59.99

^ Not a bad deal if you didn't get in on AC Revelation earlier with the @Gamer coupon and you also wanted TC GR Future Soldier

#86 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Was Spiderman 3 really that bad? I was gonna blind buy for the movie ticket.

I just didn't buy it because I already have it. The spiderman 3 blu-ray was bundled with ps3 consoles so I bought it for like $2 or something back in 2007 or 2008. Gamestop had buy 2 get 4 free on movies and I found a bunch of blu-rays.

I haven't watched Spiderman 3 since I saw it in the theater. I didn't like it very much but it's worth a buy if you are going to use the $10 movie cash for sure.

#87 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

They did this recently (offered a $10 e-gift card) with any in-store pick-up order total of $100 or more. But there was no "individual online purchase" clause on that offer and it was cumulative for the week the promo was being offered. Wonder if this one has to be a single order of $50+?

And it sucks that pre-owned games don't qualify since there's a B2G1 offer out there too now. Still a great little bonus for gaming purchases though...

this is answered in the OP , for orders totalling $50 or more...

#88 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

Oh great, I JUST bought like 8 blurays in the last 2 weeks. Oh well I know I will definetly be buying there again so I guess its no biggie

This is a one time thing though right? Like, I wont get 2 $10 cards if I spend $100?
Posted Image

#89 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Oh great, I JUST bought like 8 blurays in the last 2 weeks. Oh well I know I will definetly be buying there again so I guess its no biggie

This is a one time thing though right? Like, I wont get 2 $10 cards if I spend $100?

same here, bought a nice stack of movies and tv shows recently... oh well

#90 FQRizzo

FQRizzo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:29 PM

Best Buy: Why you haz the no PC love?