Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#91 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Is it spend $50 before tax? I wanted to get Lego Batman 2, but it is $49.99.

#92 kcollins1304

kcollins1304

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Deal doesn't really work that well if you're pre-ordering NCAA and Madden with gift cards since you can't use them online for pre-orders.

#93 finstersucks

finstersucks

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

Deal doesn't really work that well if you're pre-ordering NCAA and Madden with gift cards since you can't use them online for pre-orders.

Don't know what your talking about, but preordering with gift cards and reward certs has always worked for me. I do it weekend before release and pay in full.

#94 kcollins1304

kcollins1304

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Don't know what your talking about, but preordering with gift cards and reward certs has always worked for me. I do it weekend before release and pay in full.

I had thought for some reason that you couldn't use GC credit for pre-orders, seems not to be the case though as it's working for me now. Will just have to cancel the pre-order I already had for NCAA 13

#95 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:16 PM

Hmmm maybe I will buy ghost recon...

#96 SuperMario64

SuperMario64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I just didn't buy it because I already have it. The spiderman 3 blu-ray was bundled with ps3 consoles so I bought it for like $2 or something back in 2007 or 2008. Gamestop had buy 2 get 4 free on movies and I found a bunch of blu-rays.

I haven't watched Spiderman 3 since I saw it in the theater. I didn't like it very much but it's worth a buy if you are going to use the $10 movie cash for sure.

Oh wow, I didn't know the Spiderman movies had movie cash to see Amazing Spiderman. Thanks for the info!

#97 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

just reordered madden....tempted to get NCAA also. My $45 amazon order is nice for the instant savings

#98 chicagocubsfan

chicagocubsfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Would using BB credit be valid for the promotion?

Edited by chicagocubsfan, 17 June 2012 - 02:26 PM.

Playing:
:3ds: Pokemon X  :whee: 
:psp:- Killzone Mercenary
:wii:-Wind Waker HD  8-)
:ps3:- Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix, rain   ;)
PSN is chicagocubsfan

#99 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:24 PM

Tempted to do in store pick up for ass creed and ghost recon to get the $10 credit. Then return the unopened copy with my old receipt. Would this be frowned upon?

#100 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

Tempted to do in store pick up for ass creed and ghost recon to get the $10 credit. Then return the unopened copy with my old receipt. Would this be frowned upon?

I personally do not see the harm if you are still within the return window. I think people talk about doing that sort of thing a lot on here. You are still spending $60 out of pocket and not double dipping on two different deals since GR:FS did not have a release day promo.
Posted Image

#101 Drizzt240

Drizzt240

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

Does anyone know how store pick up works?

Can I make an order now and go pick it up in couple of hours when BB opens? I was just gonna walk in today to make a purchase but I want to take advantage.

#102 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Can I make an order now and go pick it up in couple of hours when BB opens? I was just gonna walk in today to make a purchase but I want to take advantage.

Yeah you just order online with store pickup. You will get an email telling you to wait for a 2nd email saying the items are ready. Then you go to CS (Store Pickup) with a printout of the 2nd email and they seem to press buttons for like 5 minutes and then give you the items. Easy.
Posted Image

#103 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

After you make the order, you receive an email that says when your order is ready for in-store pickup. You are supposed to bring:

• Your state-issued photo ID
  • The credit card used for the purchase
  • The order number - or a copy of the e-mail they send you
I just placed an in-store pick up order this morning so all this info is coming from the email they sent me.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#104 myiamoto

myiamoto

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Will this not work for games that are 49.99?

#105 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

For those wondering, in my experience with in store pickup it usually is fairly quick between when you place the order and get the final email saying its ready to pickup. Usually a couple of hours at most.

If you place an order before they open, usually its ready right after they open.

In store pickup is pretty easy and awesome to use. Really great for pre-orders, I like the fact that I can pay for the whole game online and not have to deal with paying on release day. Speeds it up a bit plus I can "make" the purchase when I have the extra funds available.

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

kilik123.png

#106 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

will this not work for games that are 49.99?

$49.99 < $50.00
Posted Image

#107 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I was already planning on doing it, but count me in for both NCAA and Madden. Can't beat getting $60 in Best Buy cash for free.

That along with the possibility of PMing those two games isn't a bad at all.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#108 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:52 PM

We are all going to be sad when BBY goes out of business...but I like that they are swinging all the way.
Posted Image

#109 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Really want to know if this will still work when using credit or an RZ cert

#110 Drizzt240

Drizzt240

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone for the advice.

Went ahead and got UFC Trainer and Star Wars Kinect for the misses.

#111 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

Really want to know if this will still work when using credit or an RZ cert

You have to spend $50, so buying something for $60 and using a $25 gift card would not work. Sucks because I have $40 in RZ coupons that I will have to wait until this promo is over before I can use them.
Posted Image

#112 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

You have to spend $50, so buying something for $60 and using a $25 gift card would not work. Sucks because I have $40 in RZ coupons that I will have to wait until this promo is over before I can use them.

Aw, seriously? The one thing I wouldn't want to do in the near future is pay in anything other than gift cards for my BBY purchases...:cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#113 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

Aw, seriously? The one thing I wouldn't want to do in the near future is pay in anything other than gift cards for my BBY purchases...:cry:

I'm not sure that he's right.

If you spend RZ cert, it reduces the price. If you use a GC, it's just a form of payment.

I think it should work if you use a GC.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#114 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

If you spend RZ cert, it reduces the price. If you use a GC, it's just a form of payment.

If this is true then I will use my GC's

#115 Raven6009

Raven6009

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:38 PM

It's been so long since I've used a gift card that I don't remember how it appears on your receipt. In that case a gift card should work, just not a RZ cert. Good for WV, but still sucks for me.
Posted Image

#116 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

OK, cool, thanks for clarifying. I just need to plan on using a $5 RZ cert. on Darksiders II if it gets added to the $20 promo and I should be good to go.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: Akiba's Trip; One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [9/18]: :vita: Sly 2: Band of Thieves (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#117 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

I didn't know we could use GC on pre-orders now but ugh Spec Ops is for shipping only. D=

#118 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:02 PM

So if I preorder NCAA online I'll get $20 GC and $10 savings which I can use to get Madden for $30?

#119 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:15 PM

It won't work, cause you can't buy it online and do in-store pickup with it.

It won't work, the $20 Max Payne RZ coupon offer is in-store only. This offer requires you to place your order online paid in full and pick-up in store.

The promotion is from June 17 through August 31. You got the 9/30 date mixed up on when the $10 code expires if you pick-up your order in August. The $10 code only last one month and it depends on when you pick-up your order. As I said before if your purchase can not be physically pick-up before August 31 don't pre-order thinking you will get your $10 code. The only two titles this promo will go great with is NCAA and NFL 13.

I didn't get anything mixed up...my order on Madden will be fulfilled by the end of August(paid for and picked up). So now I get a 10 dollar code after picking up Madden on release day. I immediately then use it toward a pre order of Assassin's Creed 3 online, paying in full for it and the coupon now has been used in September before it expires. The game however, comes out after September- so my question was...does the coupon I've already earned from picking up Madden in August, used in September before the expiration date, apply to a game that comes out and will be picked up in October?

#120 Drizzt240

Drizzt240

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

I used GC so it better work.