Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#121 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:37 PM

I didn't get anything mixed up...my order on Madden will be fulfilled by the end of August(paid for and picked up). So now I get a 10 dollar code after picking up Madden on release day. I immediately then use it toward a pre order of Assassin's Creed 3 online, paying in full for it and the coupon now has been used in September before it expires. The game however, comes out after September- so my question was...does the coupon I've already earned from picking up Madden in August, used in September before the expiration date, apply to a game that comes out and will be picked up in October?

In claims it can be used online. Preorders if I recall is placed in Full for ONLINE (only). My guess would be it would work only if you preorder AC3 and enter the savings code during checkout prior to the savings code expiration date.

That along with the possibility of PMing those two games isn't a bad at all.

Do we know how this savings code will come off? Does it come directly off the price (i.e. affecting price match capabilities) or off the total at the end of the transaction?

Also to this take... I can't remember (assuming somebody remembers). Did either one of the two titles (NCAA or Madden) drop within the 30 day window last year?

-------------------------------
To Gift Card talk...
Gift Cards (at least in-store) take off as a form of payment (like a debit/credit card would) and haven't affected promotions in the past.

#122 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

^They just email you a coupon code that applies to your next purchase.

#123 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

In claims it can be used online. Preorders if I recall is placed in Full for ONLINE (only). My guess would be it would work only if you preorder AC3 and enter the savings code during checkout prior to the savings code expiration date.

Do we know how this savings code will come off? Does it come directly off the price (i.e. affecting price match capabilities) or off the total at the end of the transaction?

Also to this take... I can't remember (assuming somebody remembers). Did either one of the two titles (NCAA or Madden) drop within the 30 day window last year?

Yeah that's what I'm hoping since previous posters said preorders instore can only be done by putting the minimum deposit down but online preorders can be paid in full. Then I can burn the 10 dollar code before it expires on 9/30

#124 @FIF

@FIF

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I didn't get anything mixed up...my order on Madden will be fulfilled by the end of August(paid for and picked up). So now I get a 10 dollar code after picking up Madden on release day. I immediately then use it toward a pre order of Assassin's Creed 3 online, paying in full for it and the coupon now has been used in September before it expires. The game however, comes out after September- so my question was...does the coupon I've already earned from picking up Madden in August, used in September before the expiration date, apply to a game that comes out and will be picked up in October?

Be careful when doing online pre-orders for the $20 bonus games if you're going to try to price match in store later. Customer service people get really confused (at least at my store) whenever an online order comes into play. They'll likely return/rebuy, which may nix the $20 GC.

#125 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

I think I am going to preorder and pay for farcry 3. It says I will get $20 in RZ certs and also the $10 savings code. $30 not bad.

edit: nevermind it is very deceiving as when I add it to cart it shows both deals but the fine print on the $10 says otherwise when I look at it separately.. So why does it show it is eligible for that then? BOOOO!!

#126 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

I think I am going to preorder and pay for farcry 3. It says I will get $20 in RZ certs and also the $10 savings code. $30 not bad.

Page 2

#127 inky1600

inky1600

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Be careful when doing online pre-orders for the $20 bonus games if you're going to try to price match in store later. Customer service people get really confused (at least at my store) whenever an online order comes into play. They'll likely return/rebuy, which may nix the $20 GC.

I know what you mean! In this case though, there was no gift card issued with the preorder. It's 1000 bonus points to my Reward Zone account so any adjustment required for a price adjustment would just be handled by RewardZone. Worst case scenario, for a twenty dollar price adjustment we'll say, I'd have a proportional amount of points deducted from my RewardZone account(333). I doubt even that because they are BONUS points from what I understand, unaffected by later returns/ajdustments, awarded merely for preordering and picking up in the allotted timeframes. I'm guessing you still get points for the actual purchase price of 60 bucks and those WOULD be affected. Just my guess. In any event, that won't affect anything an instore employee would have to do-RewardZone would handle it.

#128 ChaosLaw

ChaosLaw

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Tempted to do in store pick up for ass creed and ghost recon to get the $10 credit. Then return the unopened copy with my old receipt. Would this be frowned upon?

Yes, the great deity that is the best buy corporation will unleash its full wrath by doing absolutely dick.

#129 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

Page 2

Yep thank you. I quickly edited my post as I saw that.

#130 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:23 PM

Yep thank you. I quickly edited my post as I saw that.

I so wanted to do this with RE6, then I saw the fine print. I hate fine print.

#131 PublikDefender

PublikDefender

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

:bomb: Dammit. This is making me wish I waited to open the Skyrim CE and Dragon Age II I picked up last week. If I had waited I'd only need to grab another $25 worth of crap to get TWO of these codes.

Mind ya, I picked up Inversion from yesterday's DOTD, so all I need to do is grab another $30 in stuff & I could at least get ONE code now.:roll:

What is the sku for your ps3 skyrim ce, please?

#132 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

Oh wow, I didn't know the Spiderman movies had movie cash to see Amazing Spiderman. Thanks for the info!

No problem. When you pick them up from the store, I suggest checking the front for the sticker. Best Buy definitely has them, but I would just do it to make sure some shady customer didn't peel it off and steal it.

#133 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier (PS3/360) + Assassin's Creed Revelations (PS3/360) + $10 Best Buy promo code = $59.99

I thought of it before seeing your post, but this is exactly what I did since I've been wanting GR:FS. Locked in TIV at Amazon for $16.20 for AC:R so

59.99 + tax - 16.20 - 10 back on future purchase = ~ $37 for GR:FS. Plus I used up gift card from last week trading in games with the 100% bonus so that's one less gift card I have to remember to spend. :)

#134 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:30 PM

What is the sku for your ps3 skyrim ce, please?

SKU # 3244767

I picked up one awhile back at a YMMV BB sale near me.

#135 j.t

j.t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Good deal. Will be picking up Madden 13

#136 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I didn't see anything saying you COULDN'T use RZ certs as long as the total is still $50. Maybe that will bite me, but I used a $5 cert & $5 gift card on LBP 2: SE. Still was $54 with tax.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#137 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

I used GC so it better work.

If giftcards don't work, that seems like something that should be in the fine print of the terms and conditions somewhere.

If giftcards don't work, I'm returning the $64 worth of stuff I ordered. Actually, if someone on here confirms that giftcards don't work, I'm not even picking up my order. I don't understand at all why giftcards wouldn't work on this promotion. It sounds completely idiotic.

#138 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

If giftcards don't work, I'm returning the $64 worth of stuff I ordered. Actually, if someone on here confirms that giftcards don't work, I'm not even picking up my order. I don't understand at all why giftcards wouldn't work on this promotion. It sounds completely idiotic.

I would think GCs should work. Just to be safe though, I haven't opened anything I bought and picked up today, all paid via gift card. If I don't get my $10 credit via email by the end of the week, I'm doing a return.

#139 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

I actually would like to grab the really nice condition Skyrim PS3 CE that I have seen at the BB near me with this, but even if I could get the SKU lookup to work wouldn't the fact they only have one mean it would show "out of stock" anyway?

#140 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:59 PM

If giftcards don't work, that seems like something that should be in the fine print of the terms and conditions somewhere.

Should the order page have shown that you were getting the code? I used a gift card and reward cert but never got a message saying you'd get the deal. Did see it in the checkout cart before paying though.
Posted Image

#141 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:03 AM

Did the Rz cert drop the total less than fifty?

#142 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:10 AM

I'll return few items tomorrow for extra $10 GC code :)
"Evil is Funs"

#143 acaraba2

acaraba2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:16 AM

that is because price matching online orders can only be done by phoning cs if you take it to the store they can only do a return/rebuy. they cannot adjust payments in-store on online purchases.

#144 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Did the Rz cert drop the total less than fifty?

Nope which is why I used it and a gift card. Still came up to $54 with tax.
Posted Image

#145 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:32 AM

Anyone else have weird amounts of money show up under their reward zone purchase/points log?

REWARD ZONE PREMIER SILVER 1 6094193 $0.00 $0.00 MAX PAYNE 3 ONLY $39.99 PS3/X3 1 5615107 $0.00 $0.00 SAVE $20 ON GAME OF THRONES FO 1 5616433 $0.00 $0.00 RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT 3346036 $0.00 $0.00 PS3-MAX PAYNE 3 1 2807072 $0.00 $0.00 BD-SHERLOCK HOLMES 2: GOS (SIN 1 5360011 $3.71 $3.71 Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total
$3.71
$0.91
$4.62

#146 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

Anyone else have weird amounts of money show up under their reward zone purchase/points log?

REWARD ZONE PREMIER SILVER 1 6094193 $0.00 $0.00 MAX PAYNE 3 ONLY $39.99 PS3/X3 1 5615107 $0.00 $0.00 SAVE $20 ON GAME OF THRONES FO 1 5616433 $0.00 $0.00 RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT 3346036 $0.00 $0.00 PS3-MAX PAYNE 3 1 2807072 $0.00 $0.00 BD-SHERLOCK HOLMES 2: GOS (SIN 1 5360011 $3.71 $3.71 Subtotal
(Sales Tax does not earn points) Sales Tax
Total
$3.71
$0.91
$4.62

This type of stuff usually shows up when Using GCs. The reality is it should just be $0 but the system will give a small amount as "cash" for whatever reason. I gave up a long time ago trying to understand how RZ assigns points.
Posted Image

#147 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:47 AM

This type of stuff usually shows up when Using GCs. The reality is it should just be $0 but the system will give a small amount as "cash" for whatever reason. I gave up a long time ago trying to understand how RZ assigns points.

Thanks man. Shits wonky as hell. Trade ins show up right though.

#148 yruluis

yruluis

Группа Чи-Л

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Anybody use with membership cards (ps+)?

#149 option.iv

option.iv

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

Can anyone confirm if this deal works with items $49.99 before tax?

test.gif

#150 croqoa

croqoa

Turd Sandwich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:12 AM

Anybody use with membership cards (ps+)?

You should at least read the OP in a thread before posting questions. It's not like this is buried somewhere.