Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#151 MIX_MASTER_ICE

MIX_MASTER_ICE

The Night Stalker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

Can anyone confirm if this deal works with items $49.99 before tax?

$49.99 isn't $50.

1.pngdefault.png IMAG0005.jpg

#152 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

I apologize if this was already answered but I looked at the OP and didnt see it. Can this be used multiple times? Meaning I could spend $50 today and get $10, then on Friday go spend another $50 and get another $10?

#153 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

I apologize if this was already answered but I looked at the OP and didnt see it. Can this be used multiple times? Meaning I could spend $50 today and get $10, then on Friday go spend another $50 and get another $10?

I'm pretty sure it didn't say anything about a one time use in the print,so you should be good.

#154 Vap

Vap

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:39 AM

that is because price matching online orders can only be done by phoning cs if you take it to the store they can only do a return/rebuy. they cannot adjust payments in-store on online purchases.

So call the cs number on BB main website and they'll be able to price match for you? Just making sure cause I've never done it this way before.

#155 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:26 PM

totally just pre ordered madden 13; for 10.00 plus the 20.00 gift card and using my free 5.00 gift card means I can get halo 4 for 29.99!!

#156 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 07:06 PM

I pre-ordered Madden 13 and NCAA 13.....will have $60 in future certs to use. My phone is up on contract around that time also. Galaxy S3 or Iphone5.....or the future phone I don't know anything about yet ;)

Side note: I know BBY has the Pricematch after 30 days (45 for Silver?). How does that work, do I e-mail or just call Customer Service if Madden or NCAA drops in price after I purchase?

#157 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

I pre-ordered Madden 13 and NCAA 13.....will have $60 in future certs to use. My phone is up on contract around that time also. Galaxy S3 or Iphone5.....or the future phone I don't know anything about yet ;)

Side note: I know BBY has the Pricematch after 30 days (45 for Silver?). How does that work, do I e-mail or just call Customer Service if Madden or NCAA drops in price after I purchase?

If you pre-ordered online then you would have to call CS to get a price match.

I preordered Madden 13 and NCAA 13 as well. Hopefully they got their stuff together so I do really get $30 back per game heh.

#158 PhilsUtley26

PhilsUtley26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:17 PM

So I preordered NCAA 13 and when I pick up on release date I'll get the $20 GC and $10 savings there or email? I was hoping to get that $30 to use in order to preorder Madden and get the same $30 deal.

#159 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

$20 RZ Cert takes 30-35 days.
This $10 coupon takes 5 days (from the fine print).

I might not be able to capitalize on NCAA or Madden. Bummer. No biggie though.

#160 Sharkey1337

Sharkey1337

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Anyone know if this would work with the Buy 2, Get 1 Free used games?

#161 havuk

havuk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

doesn't it say add $50 or more worth of items to your cart and get the $10? i assume if you can do the b2g1 deal online and choose instore pickup, you can get the $10...

#162 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:58 AM

doesn't it say add $50 or more worth of items to your cart and get the $10? i assume if you can do the b2g1 deal online and choose instore pickup, you can get the $10...

Used games don't qualify.

#163 diishen

diishen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:19 AM

As awesome as BB has been recently, I really wish they add Transformers: Fall of Cybertron to their $20 promo deal...ughhh

#164 argyle

argyle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

Is there a good filler item to add to Batman to get the deal on it? Everything I see would eat up about half of the $10 I would get back, which makes it less appealing - especially when that other $5 I'm spending is for something I have zero interest in. A good .99 item would be great, but I'm not finding anything so far.
Posted Image

#165 gamererik

gamererik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:54 PM

Is there a good filler item to add to Batman to get the deal on it? Everything I see would eat up about half of the $10 I would get back, which makes it less appealing - especially when that other $5 I'm spending is for something I have zero interest in. A good .99 item would be great, but I'm not finding anything so far.

this is 1.99 http://www.bestbuy.c...5&skuId=9289423

i dont know it if it has to be games or if accessories work but heres this http://www.bestbuy.c...4&skuId=1151106

#166 argyle

argyle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

Accessories don't work - and yeah, that Stanky Legg cd is the best I could find too so I went with it. :-P Gonna be kinda embarrassing picking that one up!
Posted Image

#167 the_ENEMY_

the_ENEMY_

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:28 PM

is this cumulative or does it have to be all in one transaction?
Posted Image

#168 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:40 PM

is this cumulative or does it have to be all in one transaction?

I'm pretty sure it has to be at least a >$50 subtotal in a single transaction.

#169 person123

person123

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:13 PM

In the fine print it says not valid on pre-owned games so not quite sure. Let us know lol.

#170 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

I wonder if I cancel my preoders I did in store and do rhem for in store pick up instead if that would mess anything up? I assume it won't.

#171 ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:30 PM

Can anyone confirm if this deal works with items $49.99 before tax?

I did call Best Buy customer service to ask this because I know some places will still give you the promo for a whole dollar amount ($50) even if it is a penny less, but the BB rep did inform me that yes, they suck and you need to spend at least a penny more to get it.

#172 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Just bought Pikmin 2, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, and Rhythm Heaven Fever for a total of $69.96.

After Tax, a $70 gift card from trading in some software, and the use of Best Buy's recent $5 freebie Reward Zone certificate, the grand total came out to 64 cents.

And I'll be getting $10 back? Sweet deal.

oIi9lub.png

#173 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:05 PM

I did call Best Buy customer service to ask this because I know some places will still give you the promo for a whole dollar amount ($50) even if it is a penny less, but the BB rep did inform me that yes, they suck and you need to spend at least a penny more to get it.

Yeah they really should have made this a $49.99 deal...but then I guess people would complain it should count for $49.98 :roll:
Posted Image

#174 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

Just bought Pikmin 2, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars, and Rhythm Heaven Fever for a total of $69.96.

After Tax, a $70 gift card from trading in some software, and the use of Best Buy's recent $5 freebie Reward Zone certificate, the grand total came out to 64 cents.

And I'll be getting $10 back? Sweet deal.

And just like that I screwed myself over.

I saw the total price of the order in the e-mail as $70.64, so I canceled the order, thinking that the gift card wasn't applied properly.

Sure enough, the charge on my credit card statement is $0.64, so now I'm out the reward zone certificate...and I dunno if I'm getting it back.

oIi9lub.png

#175 argyle

argyle

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

It may take a few days, but you'll get the cert back. :)
Posted Image

#176 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

It may take a few days, but you'll get the cert back. :)

Even if it was the promo one that expires on 7/1/12? That'd be lovely but I'm not holding my breath.

Currently waiting for the credit show back up on the gift card I got from the trade-ins. Gonna go ahead and place the order again and just pay the extra $5 out of pocket. Lesson learned, I guess.

oIi9lub.png

#177 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

And just like that I screwed myself over.

I saw the total price of the order in the e-mail as $70.64, so I canceled the order, thinking that the gift card wasn't applied properly.

Sure enough, the charge on my credit card statement is $0.64, so now I'm out the reward zone certificate...and I dunno if I'm getting it back.

Yeah, seeing a larger total than I expected freaked me out the first time I noticed, though I realized soon thereafter (as I guess you now know also) that's only saying the total amount of the order before any payment types were applied. Sorry for the loss of your RZ certificate. :cry:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#178 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:35 PM

Yeah, seeing a larger total than I expected freaked me out the first time I noticed, though I realized soon thereafter (as I guess you now know also) that's only saying the total amount of the order before any payment types were applied. Sorry for the loss of your RZ certificate. :cry:

What baffled me is that on the order page it said:

Gift Cards & Pitch In™ Card
Amount charged: $0.00

So I was like...okay, so the # looks right (or the last four digits anyway) but they didn't apply it to my order? So I cancelled it.

I'm tempted to call of customer support to see if they could somehow give me an instant $5 certificate to use but I doubt they could. Urgh. #-o :wall:

Edit: Hating myself right now. Hardcore.

Edited by maximumzero, 19 June 2012 - 11:07 PM.

oIi9lub.png

#179 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:29 AM

Still no refund to my gift card, almost 3 hours later.

Here's hoping I don't get fucked just because I decided to cancel the order.

oIi9lub.png

#180 thehoweller

thehoweller

IllegalCouponPrinter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

Definitely not seeing a refund of my GCs...Disliking Best Buy at the moment.

Posted Image
For the Earthbound fans...Visit this SMAAASH ing link!
Posted Image