Photo
- - - - -

Spend $50 in movies, music, or video games @ Best Buy get $10 (6/17-8/31)

• Please log in to reply
1265 replies to this topic

#241 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

It should be good on anything in the store. Just like a gift card.

Cool. Looks like I'll have half of the 1600 MSP card I'll need for Tony Hawk HD next month.

In other news, Spider-Man 2/3 are $9.99 next week and I bought them for $12.99 this week for this deal. PMing them would put me under the $50, so I guess I just stay with the price I paid? If they come with the movie cash sticker on the case, I think I'll just stick with the purchase price. They'll have paid for themselves anyway.

#242 EcchiBoi

EcchiBoi

Backlogged CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Just nabbed the LAST 360 Skyrim CE for $60 that is still available in one store locally. Hope it's not totally wrecked by those spider security wires. Will find out when I pick it up. Just in time for the new DLC too.
My Backlog Discussion Thread, My XBL DLC Trade List, My PSN DLC Trade List

#243 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:30 PM

Don't know if anyone else is jazzed about Spec Ops: The Line as much as I (play the demo), but I just noticed that the page on Best Buy says it qualifies for $10 for pre-order and this $10 promo. If you're getting in early, it beats Amazon's $10.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ec ops the line
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#244 joeyshadows

joeyshadows

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Don't know if anyone else is jazzed about Spec Ops: The Line as much as I (play the demo), but I just noticed that the page on Best Buy says it qualifies for $10 for pre-order and this $10 promo. If you're getting in early, it beats Amazon's $10.

http://www.bestbuy.c...ec ops the line

For some reason you can't do in store pick up which negates this $10 promo.

#245 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Just received my $10 credit from a order I picked up yesterday.

Now just if that $5 RZ certificate wasn't taken from me we'd be in business.

oIi9lub.png

#246 argyle

argyle

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

OK, I could have sworn I saw this discussed here somewhere but either I'm imagining things or I'm blind. :-P

I just got my $10 code, and I'm considering using it next week to pickup the Spiderman game. But I'm only interested in getting that game because I'll be able to price match it down at some point over the next two months. I could swear I saw a discussion here about how you might not be able to pricematch items purchased with the codes - is this a valid concern, or again am I just imagining things? FWIW, the fine print on the code says "Cashier Instructions: Tender as a gift card." So I wouldn't *think* there would be any issues.
Posted Image

#247 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Got a $10 credit on the order I placed for LEGO batman for $49.99. I had actually placed two orders just to see if it would work with just a $49.99 game, figuring I could just return if if it didnt work. Well it works, guess I can cancel the second order I placed for the game and cd since I didnt pick that one up yet. No need to throw in BS filler items. just over 24 hours to get the credit email.

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#248 crimsinf

crimsinf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:17 PM

I can confirm that you can receive multiple savings codes. I've received three of them, including two today.

#249 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

It's debatable, but I believe the general consensus is no. Usually I reserve my certificates for cheap impulse buys, like @gamer coupons.

Or Kindle Cards. :-)
-Michael

Posted Image

#250 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

Yes, that counts.

cool. Ya i knoticed it had the $10 coupon tag on the item so i went ahead and did it. Got Shadow of the damned, the 3 transporter movies, man on fire, and gran Torino. Decent enough deal

Question though: Everything was in store except for Shadows of the Damned It had to be a ship to store like i said. THe problem is it wont be there untill estimated around the 27th.. they will only hold the other items till the 29th. Can i pick them up in 2 sets or does it have to be picked up all at once? Im concerned that if it doesn't arrive on time they will cancel all the other items and screw me over

BTW: wasn't there a thread mentioning $5 RZ coupons people were getting mailed? I cant seem to find it now, i wanted to see how you got those, i didn't seem to have one

^_^x KD
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#251 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

No, continue to do nothing and then post a gripe later....of course call someone and explain the situation and they'll fulfill the order another way or help you out.

Spent 50 minutes on the phone this morning. Thanks for the positive input. They didn't fulfill the order in another way. Hopefully they help me out. Thanks again for being so cordial.

#252 jonnysniper

jonnysniper

Pokemaster Jonny

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

Now just if that $5 RZ certificate wasn't taken from me we'd be in business.

I got my reward certificate back but I didn't actually get the certificate I got points returned to my account

#253 crimsinf

crimsinf

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

Can i pick them up in 2 sets or does it have to be picked up all at once? Im concerned that if it doesn't arrive on time they will cancel all the other items and screw me over

One of my orders was the same situation. I picked up the in-stock and ship-to-store items on different days and I still got the coupon, so that shouldn't be a problem. If you only want to make one trip to Best Buy, though, that ship-to-store date is likely a gross overestimate. I've never had it take more than three days to get a game or movie to the store, despite getting a one-week estimate each time.

#254 k1ngster

k1ngster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

The key phrase for this promotion is "pick-up your order by 8/31", so only if you preorder a game that releases before 8/31 and pick it up before 8/31 will you get the $10 certificate.

cool, Im fine with paying the full price. Planning on getting fifa; so will I get both 10+(20 unlock) to work? Or is that double dipping?

#255 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:22 PM

For some reason you can't do in store pick up which negates this $10 promo.

Dammit. There goes my free $20 idea.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#256 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:12 AM

Would this work with Diablo 3?
Posted Image

#257 radioactivez0r

radioactivez0r

Up and Atom!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

Would this work with Diablo 3?

Of course it will, it's over $50!

Oh wait, that's right, the OP says PC games are excluded. Man, how did I miss that?
Posted Image

#258 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

Oh wait, that's right, the OP says PC games are excluded. Man, how did I miss that?

Would this work with pre-owned games, video game accessories, video game hardware, and Xbox LIVE, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Plus, CinemaNow, iTunes® and online game cards?

#259 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:25 AM

Dammit. There goes my free $20 idea.

Actually, there's a chance (I'm going to try this tomorrow) that you can speak to a BBY representative via phone after placing the order and ask that it be adjusted to in-store pickup at the store of your choice.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [6/25]: :vita: Mutant Mudds Deluxe (4.75/5)

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#260 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:28 AM

Actually, there's a chance (I'm going to try this tomorrow) that you can speak to a BBY representative via phone after placing the order and ask that it be adjusted to in-store pickup at the store of your choice.

Let me know how that goes. I'd definitely like to do the in-store pickup deal on this game.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#261 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:35 AM

Cant belive I missed that #-o#-o
Posted Image

#262 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:53 AM

Let me know how that goes. I'd definitely like to do the in-store pickup deal on this game.

Will do. I plan on placing the order in the morning and calling in the late afternoon (so the order has at least entered the BBY "pipelines"), so I'll try to update as soon as possible after that.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale; Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Last Watched Film [7/4]: How to Train Your Dragon 2 (better than the first film)

#263 iduncurr

iduncurr

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

Same here, I hope the $10 GC doesn't complicate price matching in the future though.

#264 advanced

advanced

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:03 AM

cool, Im fine with paying the full price. Planning on getting fifa; so will I get both 10+(20 unlock) to work? Or is that double dipping?

FIFA is supposed to come out at the end of September. So, no, it will not work. You must be able to preorder and fulfill the preorder before 8/31. So while you can preorder it any time you like, you can't pick it up until after the ending of the date.

#265 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Same here, I hope the $10 GC doesn't complicate price matching in the future though.

I'm terribly sorry, guys, but I've decided not to go ahead with my plan; while I enjoyed the Spec Ops demo, I can't justify getting another game for my backlog right now (and I guarantee it would go into the backlog). Sorry. :cry:

Maybe someone else can try the same plan?

Cloud_Squall78.png

#266 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

I checked the OP and didn't see it mentiond and I'm not sure if it was covered in the last 250+ posts but does "ship to store" count as "in-store pickup" when an order is placed?

I want to do JD3 and Rocksmith to get over the $50 hump but my store doesn't have any copies of rocksmith for in-store pickup

#267 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

Good idea for a $50 combo, GBA. I did JD3 x3 (1 ea/console), and a $14.99 blu ray; make the total like $50.96 pre-tax. I would imagine ship to store would count, as you will eventually pick it up from the store.

#268 Envel

Envel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Did in store pick up for Lego Batman 2 and got a code so I guess 49.99 + tax works as well

#269 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

Just did pickup's number 4 and 5 this week; Gonna have a ton of free codes to burn before the end of July!

#270 slowdive21

slowdive21

CAG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:50 PM

Got my $10 code for max payne CE, used it in store, then pmed the $20 off max panye offer. They had to do a return/rebuy, so I lost my discover CB, but still nice to get MP3 CE for 49.99 +tax.