Why didn't Shipwreck like Prometheus? (Spoilers so stay away)

Lord Jezo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
He really didn't like it at all, seemed downright disgusted by it. He couldn't say much about it because of spoilers but here is his chance to explain his hate towards this fun summer movie.

[quote name='shipwreck']Red Letter Media's Youtube video saves me a lot of time trying to type something up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-x1YuvUQFJ0[/QUOTE]

That video was terrible. I get it that he's pointing out the plot holes and unanswered questions but at least half of them are easily answered.

Aside from that there's the fact that this video is clearly meant to be funny but it just simply is not in any way. It's like those parts of Napoleon Dynamite where the jokes completely whiffs and you're just left laughing because you had already starting laughing because of another joke. In this case though you'll never start laughing in the first place.

Wow these Red Letter guys sure are cranky.

The Engineers wanted to kill off humanity because we killed Jesus who was an Engineer emissary trying to get people to live in harmony. Hence the whole "event" that happened 2,000 years ago that got the engineers riled up and began their plan to wipe us out.

[quote name='shipwreck']Answer half of them easily. Go.[/QUOTE]

Really? You're better than that marginalistic internet response. I mean you really expect me to go through that video line by line and write out explanations? You're talking an hour's worth of work easily; not a chance...

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Really? You're better than that marginalistic internet response. I mean you really expect me to go through that video line by line and write out explanations? You're talking an hour's worth of work easily; not a chance...[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly why I posted that link. I don't have the time to go through and write out all my issues with Prometheus.

[quote name='whoknows']When was the Jesus thing mentioned? Was it just implied, or did I miss that part?[/QUOTE]

It was something about the date, someone said the Engineers started to come back to earth 2,000 years ago, that something then triggered it. The only thing that would have happened back then was Jesus.

Then in an interview Ridley Scott mentioned something about Space Jesus and how it was part of the initial thoughts in the movie.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplayl...n-the-mysteries-of-prometheus-20120614?page=1

[quote name='shipwreck']Which is exactly why I posted that link. I don't have the time to go through and write out all my issues with Prometheus.[/QUOTE]

Man, I love Shipwreck.

The Cagcast crew has a very particular odd taste in movies.. nothing wrong with that.

also that Redlettermedia video made me want to strangle a kitten.

bread's done
Back