Photo
- - - - -

Yo Sons Who Else Gonna Be Rockin Dese When they Drop?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:03 AM

and yes its a real fucking shoe lol . God help anyone who buys these and wears these though i cant lie id love to see a pro basketball team wearing them.

#2 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:07 AM

Racist overtones aside, it looks fucking awful and I weep for the lower class if this manages to take off like Jordans.

EDIT: Nevermind. It looks like Adidas has already pulled the plug. Provocative as an art piece, stupid as an actual shoe.

http://www.latimes.c...0,4795256.story
Posted Image

#3 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:10 AM

yeah man i hate the damn shoe but i have to be real im very curious if people will go off on it or if they will crazily accept it and it becomes popular. youd think its obviously a no but with how crazy people get over sneakers who knows. its like some kind of odd social experiment.

#4 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:15 AM

Eh, the look itself is more offensive than any kind of reach you want to take with a slavery comparison. Looks plastic.

#5 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:33 AM

The shackles are a good idea. Helps make sure you don't lose your shoes.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6 Spanky

Spanky

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

The shackles are a good idea. Helps make sure you don't lose your shoes.

See I'm glad somebody else gets it instead of being "herp derp dats racist cuz it haz shackles" Get over it already and quit bitching about slavery. Yes it happened and was fucked up but no one is forcing you to buy the shoes if you don't like them. Hell slavery is still around as it is.
Posted Image

#7 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:08 AM

Posted Image

That's what these shoes remind me of.

#8 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:10 AM

Somewhere, Justin Bieber cries.

#9 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:29 AM

See I'm glad somebody else gets it instead of being "herp derp dats racist cuz it haz shackles" Get over it already and quit bitching about slavery. Yes it happened and was fucked up but no one is forcing you to buy the shoes if you don't like them. Hell slavery is still around as it is.

guess you typed this on your iphone on a way to a klan rally. who actually complained about slavery the shoes do have a slavery theme of sorts but who was complaining about slavery? and they say we minorities are over sensitive yeesh.

#10 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:37 AM

He was referring to the public outcry. The sneakers got pulled, because dummies were bitching about slavery. Because the slaves wore designer sneakers...

#11 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:43 AM

He was referring to the public outcry. The sneakers got pulled, because dummies were bitching about slavery. Because the slaves wore designer sneakers...

It's not the sneakers that's the problem, it's because they have chains. Orange chains.

#12 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

guess you typed this on your iphone on a way to a klan rally. who actually complained about slavery the shoes do have a slavery theme of sorts but who was complaining about slavery? and they say we minorities are over sensitive yeesh.

Read the article please.

Adidas pulled the shoes because like everything else in this world a few found a way to tie it back to slaverly and racism. These shoes are ugly but they are no more racist (Offensive) then the nike air's 15 years ago that offended the muslims because "air" supposedly looked like allah

http://www.pbs.org/w...ionandethics/we

Edited by GBAstar, 19 June 2012 - 08:59 AM.

#13 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

It's not the sneakers that's the problem, it's because they have chains. Orange chains.

Do slaves wear orange chains in the U.S. today? I'll make sure the next time I see a slave I pay closer attention to his feet.

#14 bigdaddybruce44

bigdaddybruce44

Murders & Executions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Orange, rubber shackles...

#15 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

Those would have come in handy in the early 90s when people were getting killed over shoes. Sure, you'd be dead, but would have the last laugh when the robber couldn't get the shoes off you.

#16 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:21 AM

Since these shoes were stopped before they hit the market, does this mean the underage sweat shop workers in Taiwan(or wherever they're made anymore) get a free pair of them and those shackles get used to keep them at their machines?;)

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#17 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

See I get Nike and the Back to the Future shoes, but this is ridiculous. What, was some exec at Adidas watching Roots one day and thought "Heeeyyyyy".:roll:
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#18 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 03:58 PM

Call them Ankle Necklaces, or "MUBS" (Mad Ups Bands).

Problem solved.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#19 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:01 PM

Do slaves wear orange chains in the U.S. today? I'll make sure the next time I see a slave I pay closer attention to his feet.

Orange is just one of the colors they use. Helps to lighten the mood and keep the workplace fun.

#20 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

That's what these shoes remind me of.

Which makes sense because that's what the designer quoted as the source of his 'inspiration.' Doesn't look like he altered the original very much.

http://observer.com/...nster-06182012/

#21 lokizz

lokizz

Go $$$$ Yourself

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

would have been cool if they sold some chains for your wrists as well and maybe a necklace.........damn shame they wont be releasing them i really wanted to see if they would blow up. and considering the color maybe the phoenix suns could have worn them.

#22 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Even without the chain, those sneakers are still ugly as sin.

#23 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

LOL at people saying that is a racist shoe. A. RACIST. SHOE. Seriously.

Check out @RealKrakrabbit - Twitter Page Full of News, Tidbits, etc., etc.

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#24 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:44 PM

White people buy sneakers too.

#25 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:47 PM

But it is still very racist because the ridiculous chains could only mean slavery against black people. :roll:

Also looking to make trades/sells to anyone who is interested. Check out my tradelist! :grouphug:

#26 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

LOL at people saying that is a racist shoe. A. RACIST. SHOE. Seriously.

Pbhhbhbt, I pick Racist Shoe every time I play Monopoly. It's way better than Misogynistic Battleship or Sexist Wheelbarrow.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#27 Thekrakrabbit

Thekrakrabbit

Is Making A Comeback!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Pbhhbhbt, I pick Racist Shoe every time I play Monopoly. It's way better than Misogynistic Battleship or Sexist Wheelbarrow.

I thought the car was sexist because only men ever pick the car. I usually have the women use the thimble.

#28 MushaOne

MushaOne

etc. and so forth...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:04 PM

Next these black people will complain and get Velcro shoes recalled for being racist and making fun of their bad hair :(

#29 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:39 PM

^^^ WTH, easy bro. :lol:

At first glance, i thought they had to be a movie / franchise cross promotion. But i can also see why some people would see it as "Racist"

They look more like Prison inmate shoes to me. Its not like Slaves were the only ones forced to wear chains.

Put another color scheme on it, and there not that bad. Id rock the chain as a hand bracelet. :D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#30 crunchb3rry

crunchb3rry

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:31 PM

Which makes sense because that's what the designer quoted as the source of his 'inspiration.' Doesn't look like he altered the original very much.

http://observer.com/...nster-06182012/

Dude, you're kidding me? I was totally just fucking around and you just blew my mind.