Yo Sons Who Else Gonna Be Rockin Dese When they Drop?

yeah man i hate the damn shoe but i have to be real im very curious if people will go off on it or if they will crazily accept it and it becomes popular. youd think its obviously a no but with how crazy people get over sneakers who knows. its like some kind of odd social experiment.

[quote name='whoknows']The shackles are a good idea. Helps make sure you don't lose your shoes.[/QUOTE]

See I'm glad somebody else gets it instead of being "herp derp dats racist cuz it haz shackles" Get over it already and quit bitching about slavery. Yes it happened and was fucked up but no one is forcing you to buy the shoes if you don't like them. Hell slavery is still around as it is.

mpmebay.jpg

That's what these shoes remind me of.

[quote name='Spanky']See I'm glad somebody else gets it instead of being "herp derp dats racist cuz it haz shackles" Get over it already and quit bitching about slavery. Yes it happened and was fucked up but no one is forcing you to buy the shoes if you don't like them. Hell slavery is still around as it is.[/QUOTE]

guess you typed this on your iphone on a way to a klan rally. who actually complained about slavery the shoes do have a slavery theme of sorts but who was complaining about slavery? and they say we minorities are over sensitive yeesh.

He was referring to the public outcry. The sneakers got pulled, because dummies were bitching about slavery. Because the slaves wore designer sneakers...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']He was referring to the public outcry. The sneakers got pulled, because dummies were bitching about slavery. Because the slaves wore designer sneakers...[/QUOTE]

It's not the sneakers that's the problem, it's because they have chains. Orange chains.

[quote name='lokizz']guess you typed this on your iphone on a way to a klan rally. who actually complained about slavery the shoes do have a slavery theme of sorts but who was complaining about slavery? and they say we minorities are over sensitive yeesh.[/QUOTE]

Read the article please.

Adidas pulled the shoes because like everything else in this world a few found a way to tie it back to slaverly and racism. These shoes are ugly but they are no more racist (Offensive) then the nike air's 15 years ago that offended the muslims because "air" supposedly looked like allah

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/we

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='whoknows']It's not the sneakers that's the problem, it's because they have chains. Orange chains.[/QUOTE]

Do slaves wear orange chains in the U.S. today? I'll make sure the next time I see a slave I pay closer attention to his feet.

Those would have come in handy in the early 90s when people were getting killed over shoes. Sure, you'd be dead, but would have the last laugh when the robber couldn't get the shoes off you.

Since these shoes were stopped before they hit the market, does this mean the underage sweat shop workers in Taiwan(or wherever they're made anymore) get a free pair of them and those shackles get used to keep them at their machines?;)

See I get Nike and the Back to the Future shoes, but this is ridiculous. What, was some exec at Adidas watching Roots one day and thought "Heeeyyyyy".:roll:

[quote name='GBAstar']Do slaves wear orange chains in the U.S. today? I'll make sure the next time I see a slave I pay closer attention to his feet.[/QUOTE]

Orange is just one of the colors they use. Helps to lighten the mood and keep the workplace fun.

would have been cool if they sold some chains for your wrists as well and maybe a necklace.........damn shame they wont be releasing them i really wanted to see if they would blow up. and considering the color maybe the phoenix suns could have worn them.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']LOL at people saying that is a racist shoe. A. RACIST. SHOE. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Pbhhbhbt, I pick Racist Shoe every time I play Monopoly. It's way better than Misogynistic Battleship or Sexist Wheelbarrow.

[quote name='Strell']Pbhhbhbt, I pick Racist Shoe every time I play Monopoly. It's way better than Misogynistic Battleship or Sexist Wheelbarrow.[/QUOTE]

I thought the car was sexist because only men ever pick the car. I usually have the women use the thimble.

^^^ WTH, easy bro. :lol:

At first glance, i thought they had to be a movie / franchise cross promotion. But i can also see why some people would see it as "Racist"

They look more like Prison inmate shoes to me. Its not like Slaves were the only ones forced to wear chains.

Put another color scheme on it, and there not that bad. Id rock the chain as a hand bracelet. :D

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']I thought the car was sexist because only men ever pick the car. I usually have the women use the thimble.[/QUOTE]

Man, make them use the iron since there isn't a sandwich maker piece. That's right, we're playing Manopoly now.

[quote name='Corndog_McGee']The real crime was these shoes were going to MSRP for $300+[/QUOTE]

Maybe these shoes were really a message to stop crime. Since people have fought and killed over shoe releases in the past, maybe they figured that nobody would be killing each other for the "slave" shoes, thus promoting peace.

:rofl:

bread's done
Back