• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#91 Barry Burton

Barry Burton

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

is starhawk that good? reviews seem to be mixed

i'm debating whether i should use the $10 off coupon for 2000 points, making it $25

if gamestop doesn't print out the online pass, maybe i'll wait until this supposed summer sale that was mentioned

#92 Von Ondine

Von Ondine

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:39 AM

From what I heard today at my local Gamestop Starhawk is on sale for $30 on the 26th only and Twisted Metal will be on sale that week for one day only as well.

#93 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:49 AM

From what I heard today at my local Gamestop Starhawk is on sale for $30 on the 26th only and Twisted Metal will be on sale that week for one day only as well.

So there could be a deal of the day for that whole week ? Nice :)
Currently playing
:ps4: watch dogs, contrast, resogun, assassins creed black flag

games recently beaten: :ps4: infamous second son, call of duty ghosts, killzone shadowfall, knack :ps3: kingdom hearts hd :vita: final fantasy x hd, :wiiu: donkey kong tropical freeze

#94 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

barry burton. i used that coupon and am pur so i picked this up 21.50 total and got online pass on the receipt. i also got lucky and limited edition code wasn't even redeemed. woot. havn't touched yet tho...

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#95 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:23 AM

(EDIT from original posting) (IT) didn't say online price. :)

FYI: You can edit your original post by clicking EDIT, then clicking GO ADVANCED.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#96 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:04 AM

FYI: You can edit your original post by clicking EDIT, then clicking GO ADVANCED.

i dont think i can because im using my ipod on the CAG mobile site. i did try looking a few times in the past how to EDIT but couldn't find the link on here. but thanks for the info. :)

#97 DRKnight

DRKnight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

I can also confirm that this will be on sale on 6/26, I was told this by a gamestop employee.

#98 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hmmmm...well, I have nothing else to use the $10 coupon on, so I guess I'll just pick it up now.

#99 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

does gamestop really give online passes for used sony games that require them?

#100 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:22 PM

yes

87688.png

Playing: :xb1: Wolfenstein  :ps4: Octodad   :360:    :ps3: Used for a 3D player now   :3ds:-Pokémon X, Zelda:ALBW (3DS FC: 0447-7073-4536)

http://www.looksneat.com/topic/Gaming/

#101 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I don't think so for all Sony games but Starhawk yes.

#102 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

That's why I'm playing through the campaign so I can grasp the mechanics. Sorcery is phenomenal! It's by far the best Move I ever played. It doesn't let up.

I barely touched Sorcery (but liked what I played) but have played a but more of Starhawk. Still dying more than killing, but grasping it more. I do plan on playing the campaign, so hope that helps.

Also saw there's a coop mode so if you're up for that let me know

#103 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

How does it affect your ability to return the used game within 7 days, since they've already given you an online pass code on the receipt?
"Woah! This pain feels so good! So good!" — Albedo / Xenosaga

#104 Donutkid2222

Donutkid2222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

How does it affect your ability to return the used game within 7 days, since they've already given you an online pass code on the receipt?

when did I say I was going to return the game or even buy it? I was asking because if used is cheaper and they give the customer the online pass, the savings are material. what would I even do with a code and return the used game? really now, I don't know if you are asking another question off of my statement or conquering up an statement about returns when I never even mentioned that?

#105 district_9000

district_9000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:49 PM

Picked up a new limited edition. Found the right game for the last of my GS credit

#106 Kaiser499

Kaiser499

RPG Godfather

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

Picked up my Limited Edition a few days ago, haven't played it yet but I will.

Hir7Lx6.gif

Check Out My Gaming Stream

Kaiser499.png

#107 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:58 PM

Joined the starhawk owners club last night. Have yet to play a PS3 game online yet (any game) but plan on making this the first.

#108 esalw822

esalw822

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

It doesn't. The same return policy applies. I found this out when buying Twisted Metal during a B2G1. Had to buy at one store then return/rebuy at another location to get all 3 of my games in one purchase. Ended up with two valid online passes that way by accident and the return process wasn't affected at all.

#109 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

I'm confused, if this is going on sale next week, why are so many people saying they picked it up at GameStop this week?

#110 TeamUnderdog

TeamUnderdog

It's Not a Deal! It's a Steal!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

I'm confused, if this is going on sale next week, why are so many people saying they picked it up at GameStop this week?

Same thing I was thinking.

card.png
453976.png

#111 toper

toper

"ggggbabybabybaby"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

Same thing I was thinking.

don't know about everyone else, but i bought mine this week to secure the limited edition...will then do a rebuy/return on the gimped version next week (if it does actually go on sale). 8-)

Edited by toper, 22 June 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#112 Velo214

Velo214

Baby Lili is Here!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:01 AM

i asked them about that cuz i never heard of them giving codes and they said for some sony games and warner bro games they do. i think it was for mk and batman(online pass and catwoman code) and i guess some sony games. the guy said he never sold a used starhawk but lo and behold it was there. first for me, but that was good saving me $10, i def would need an online pass for this game. i wonder if twisted metal comes with one also?

Velo214.png
sig.gif

#113 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:23 AM

Joined the starhawk owners club last night. Have yet to play a PS3 game online yet (any game) but plan on making this the first.

You should make Dead Island or GTA your first.;) Both are pretty fun online.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#114 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?

#115 coopscohen

coopscohen

All Skill, No Luck

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

I got mine this week used as with the $10 coupon its just a little under $25 and you get the online pass on the receipt.

#116 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

Man I just bought this today. I didn't see that it was gonna be on sale next week. I'd just do a return rebuy but the dude at Gamestop didn't put that sticker thing on it. Will I be able to?

Just buy it again & return that copy using the 1st receipt.

#117 Alex121006

Alex121006

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

you should be able to, just tell them the truth, "this is a new game and you guys didn't put the sticker on it" just tell them you wana return it, if they give you a hard time about returning and re-buying just get your money back and go to another gamestop to buy it. the reason i say they might giveva hard time about returning and re-buying is because most people at gamestop are
A-HOLES. lol

#118 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:43 PM

Mhmmmm...so do I pick it up now, or wait for it to be free on PS+?
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#119 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

Mhmmmm...so do I pick it up now, or wait for it to be free on PS+?

by the time that happens, if it does, the online community wont be the same. Its best to pick this up sooner rather than later
Posted Image

#120 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

Just buy it again & return that copy using the 1st receipt.

you should be able to, just tell them the truth, "this is a new game and you guys didn't put the sticker on it" just tell them you wana return it, if they give you a hard time about returning and re-buying just get your money back and go to another gamestop to buy it. the reason i say they might giveva hard time about returning and re-buying is because most people at gamestop are
A-HOLES. lol

I wish I had noticed Enuf's post earlier because today sucked. I tried to get the adjustment at the original Gamestop, but they swore up and down that it was still at the $39.99 price today and wouldn't even touch it. Unfortunately I get no signal at all in that county so I couldn't check my phone to confirm. So when I got back to where I had signal parked and checked to find it was of course on sale. I tried my luck at another Gamestop and was met with failure and the single rudest Gamestop employee I've ever met.

This is the first time I've ever called in to lodge a complaint against a store but she was absolutely terrible. And she claimed to be the manager. This is also disappointing because those were the two newest Gamestops in the area and the first one had had a pretty good track record, with me, up until now. Now there are no Gamestops in a 20 mile radius that are at least passably descent.