Starhawk ps3, $39.99 new, 34.99 used @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
sorry if this was already posted.
i just checked out gamestop.com and saw starhawk for $39.99 new and $34.99 used.
i didn't say online price, so thats the price in the store also.

This current generation's last couple of years has not fared well with games, even blockbuster titles dropping much more quickly then expected, Starhawk is just one of the many examples.
-Good find though

Not bad... I'm still very curious about this game. May do a PM, thanks OP!

[quote name='esalw822']So $25 used if you still have one of those $10 off coupons. Not bad at all...[/QUOTE]

I believe it does have an Online Pass, so that's something to think about.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Not bad... I'm still very curious about this game. May do a PM, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

your welcome dude, i might do the same (PM).

[quote name='boogie4114']Nice. I'll use my $10 coupon to knock this down to $22.49 used since it will come with an online pass.[/QUOTE]

Excuse my ignorance; how do you know it will come with an online pass? Is it one of those fancy games where GS prints it on the receipt?

Thanks! Would love to use my $10 off coupon from last weeks PuR on it.

[quote name='boogie4114']Nice. I'll use my $10 coupon to knock this down to $22.49 used since it will come with an online pass.[/QUOTE]

how will you know if the online pass was used or come with one ?

Never buy games with Online Passes at FailStop unless:

1. You don't want to play the game online.
2. It's a SEALED copy.

Even if it's printed on the receipt, I wouldn't trust them with that to save all of a big $5 off a new copy that you know will have one. Freaking GameStop.

[quote name='mattcube64']Excuse my ignorance; how do you know it will come with an online pass? Is it one of those fancy games where GS prints it on the receipt?

Thanks! Would love to use my $10 off coupon from last weeks PuR on it.[/QUOTE]

Yes GS prints online passes for used Sony and Warner published titles but now I'm debating because I see Syndicate is $27.99 used and I could get that for $16.19.

Decisions decisions....

[quote name='Alex121006']i think most people would rather PM this at bestbuy anyway than go to gamestop and buy it, at least i know i would. :)[/QUOTE]

Me too. I cant stand going into GameStop. They like to talk way too much!

[quote name='Alex121006']i think most people would rather PM this at bestbuy anyway than go to gamestop and buy it, at least i know i would. :)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think the only thing GS has over BB on this title is that they had an exclusive "Limited Edition", unless I'm mistaken. Now if they actually have any left, I guess that's YMMV on the GS you go to.

[quote name='yepsryd']Me too. I cant stand going into GameStop. They like to talk way too much![/QUOTE]

lmao, thats funny dude, i say the same thing.
my wife always waits in the car while im in GS and she always ask me, why did it take so long in that store. and its always the same thing, they love talking.

As I usually prefer to shop anywhere but GameStop, I did get this at GameStop because it was Limited Edition that came with a bunch of exclusive content. Last time I checked, they still had many of the LE's in stock. Very underrated game, campaign and multiplayer are very addicting.

[quote name='Alex121006']lmao, thats funny dude, i say the same thing.
my wife always waits in the car while im in GS and she always ask me, why did it take so long in that store. and its always the same thing, they love talking.[/QUOTE]

LOL. My wife waits in the car as well. I showed her the "GameShop" Cartoon and said this is why it takes me so long...they never shut up. Something that takes 5-10 minutes turns into 20...

Hey guys can someone kindly help me with this question, I got starhawk at bestbuy useing $60 of reward certificates, how does this work if i want to pricematch the cost drop.. will they give me a gift card for $20 or how will this work then... Thanks

Also this is my 1st post here and thanks so much too all the people who contribute on this site and help people with savings as this is my new favorite site and i just wanted too say THANKS and this forums is amazingggggggggggg

[quote name='barrit']Agreed. I think the only thing GS has over BB on this title is that they had an exclusive "Limited Edition", unless I'm mistaken. Now if they actually have any left, I guess that's YMMV on the GS you go to.[/QUOTE]

yeah i hear ya, dont get me wrong, its good when GS used (no need for online pass) games is on sale or gets a price drop. but for buying new stuff, i like bestbuy, they always have good deals.

[quote name='yepsryd']LOL. My wife waits in the car as well. I showed her the "GameShop" Cartoon and said this is why it takes me so long...they never shut up. Something that takes 5-10 minutes turns into 20...[/QUOTE]

lol, funny stuff.

[quote name='ETERNIA FOREVER']Hey guys can someone kindly help me with this question, I got starhawk at bestbuy useing $60 of reward certificates, how does this work if i want to pricematch the cost drop.. will they give me a gift card for $20 or how will this work then... Thanks[/QUOTE]

go to the store, ask customer service, then tell us how it went.. 'cause i'm curious too

[quote name='ETERNIA FOREVER']Hey guys can someone kindly help me with this question, I got starhawk at bestbuy useing $60 of reward certificates, how does this work if i want to pricematch the cost drop.. will they give me a gift card for $20 or how will this work then... Thanks

Also this is my 1st post here and thanks so much too all the people who contribute on this site and help people with savings as this is my new favorite site and i just wanted too say THANKS and this forums is amazingggggggggggg[/QUOTE]
if its been more than 30 days since you purchessed the game, than you can get a price match, but if you bought 30 days ago or less than you should either get back reward zone points/certifficates or maybe a gift card, but deffinitly somthing back. just go there when you get a chance and they will let you know for sure. i know this was not the best answer but i hope it helps you a little. :)

[quote name='Alex121006']if its been more than 30 days since you purchessed the game, than you can get a price match, but if you bought 30 days ago or less than you should either get back reward zone points/certifficates or maybe a gift card, but deffinitly somthing back. just go there when you get a chance and they will let you know for sure. i know this was not the best answer but i hope it helps you a little. :)[/QUOTE]
:EDIT: if its been more than 30 days since you purchessed the game than you CANT get a price match.

sorry about that.

[quote name='ETERNIA FOREVER']Hey guys can someone kindly help me with this question, I got starhawk at bestbuy useing $60 of reward certificates, how does this work if i want to pricematch the cost drop.. will they give me a gift card for $20 or how will this work then... Thanks

Also this is my 1st post here and thanks so much too all the people who contribute on this site and help people with savings as this is my new favorite site and i just wanted too say THANKS and this forums is amazingggggggggggg[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums. If it was all certificates you will get it back the same way you paid so you should get back 1,000 points to your account.

Now onto your initiation...lol j/k ;)

[quote name='Alex121006']if its been more than 30 days since you purchessed the game, than you can get a price match, but if you bought 30 days ago or less than you should either get back reward zone points/certifficates or maybe a gift card, but deffinitly somthing back. just go there when you get a chance and they will let you know for sure. i know this was not the best answer but i hope it helps you a little. :)[/QUOTE]

Well i am a rewards silver member so we now have i believe 60 days for a pricematch but i am not sure if to get the 60 days you had to make the purchase after the new 60 day policy started or not but i will get 45 days for a pricematch and i am within that time frames so either way i am fine with the time allowed for pricematches ... Just not sure what they will be offering me back an also thanks for your response back to me

If it's still within the return policy, they will price match it and the Reward Zone certificates will go back to your account.

I.E. if you used $60 of RZ certs to buy it and you do the price match, you should get a $20 Reward Zone cert back in your account in a few days.

[quote name='ETERNIA FOREVER']Well i am a rewards silver member so we now have i believe 60 days for a pricematch but i am not sure if to get the 60 days you had to make the purchase after the new 60 day policy started or not[/QUOTE]

The 60-day return policy started on the 10th I believe, so the return policy for any purchases before that is still 45 days for RZ Premier members.

[quote name='boogie4114']Welcome to the forums. If it was all certificates you will get it back the same way you paid so you should get back 1,000 points to your account.

Now onto your initiation...lol j/k ;)[/QUOTE]

That will be perfect and thanks for your answer bro

initiation nooooooooooooooooo.............lmao

[quote name='yepsryd']LOL. My wife waits in the car as well. I showed her the "GameShop" Cartoon and said this is why it takes me so long...they never shut up. Something that takes 5-10 minutes turns into 20...[/QUOTE]

oh noez da horrorz my cashier iz 2 friendly

[quote name='boogie4114']Yes GS prints online passes for used Sony and Warner published titles but now I'm debating because I see Syndicate is $27.99 used and I could get that for $16.19.

Decisions decisions....[/QUOTE]

Cool... I knew about WB but Sony is news to me.

Doesn't Syndicate require an online pass? I'd go with Starhawk if that's the case.

EDIT: Apparently Syndicate doesn't have an online pass. Now I'm tempted to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I should have kept one of those $10 off coupons in reserve...

Oh well, I redeemed the extra 20% off a pre-owned item (4000 points), I cannot wait any longer to play this.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']If it's still within the return policy, they will price match it and the Reward Zone certificates will go back to your account.
I.E. if you used $60 of RZ certs to buy it and you do the price match, you should get a $20 Reward Zone cert back in your account in a few days.
The 60-day return policy started on the 10th I believe, so the return policy for any purchases before that is still 45 days for RZ Premier members.[/QUOTE]The 60 day pm policy became active on 6/18 for Silver members.

Generally Sony exclusive IP's take the longest to go on sale or drop but starhawk underperformed so that's why this is a MSRP drop.

This is how BB refunds work: If you buy a $60 game & pay
$20 cash/credit card/debit, $20 RZ certs & $20 BB giftcard BB pc will refund in this order RZ certs, BB GC & finally cash/credit/debit.(A CS rep can override the system & refund in any form but very YMMV though).

The diffence between the last day you can pm can be huge depending on when you p/u the game so waiting till sat. is the best way to go if possible.
game released on 5/8
6/7 is last day to pm(30 days) if p/u'd on release date
6/11 is last day to pm(30 days) if p/u'd on the saturday of release week
6/22 is last day to pm(45 days) if p/u'd on release date
6/26 is last day to pm(45 days) if p/u'd on the saturday of release week.

This is a fun game. Picked it up a couple weeks ago and wished I had more time to play it. It may have been said already buy GS gives you an online pass for this one.

[quote name='ger2396']It's $36.99 at Newegg and free shipping. Should be shop runner eligible but not sure.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I was about to bite on it for $41 on Amazon (through J&R), so thanks for saving me 4 bucks :D

why would a company release a game with an online pass just to agree to give them away at a used game store? unless gamestop pays sony for the codes they print...

Please pick up a copy. The game is really fun, the community just needs to grow more. Beware of base camping tanks. I hate how your spawn drop shows up to enemy, and a camped tank can wipe out every fresh spawn. But don't let that stop you, you can carefully spawn drop right on top a tank and take the loser out. For Strategy or Tower Defense players you can concentrate on building the base up and supporting the troops. For action junkies you have speeder bikes, tanks, and hawks to go forth and capture/kill. Great stuff.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']why would a company release a game with an online pass just to agree to give them away at a used game store? unless gamestop pays sony for the codes they print...[/QUOTE]

Gamestop surely gives part of the cost of the used game back to Sony (or rather, Sony charges Gamestop for printing the online pass). Sure, Sony won't get the same as from a new game sale, but without the online pass they wouldn't get anything at all.

GameStop and Sony have a relationship, as does GameStop and Warner Bros.

Picked up the game this morning and the GS employee even let me have a limited edition case. The DLC inside has probably already been redeemed, but I don't think it's much of anything besides stuff that will be available in the future anyway and the soundtrack.

He was mentioning that the full time GS employees attended a Sony event where they were inculcated with all sorts of various information about what the PS3 can do and how it works with the Vita. I think that's smart on Sony's part as most GameStops tend to have a 360 focus.

bread's done
Back