Photo
- - - - -

TheSource Canada:Pspgo $49.96/DS-Silver $49.96/PS3 160gb $229.96+tons more(ymmv)

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#181 ChR0n1k

ChR0n1k

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

dvdswapper- how are you finding those deals on the site? Like none of those games come up in the browse function. Are you just searching individual titles? Bravo for all the work if thats the case.

#182 Nukkus

Nukkus

What is this I don't even

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:20 PM

I'll be picking up a psp go tomorrow, i was smart enough to call ahead and have them put it aside without alerting them to the price. I got the clerk to write my name in ballpoint pen on the box. They think it's still $169. :D

#183 mrsamsa

mrsamsa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

I tried to pick up a PSP for my brother, but it was on hold for "Ryan". I've encountered clearance stuff on hold twice now, and while I commend the employees for their niceness, I wish there was a more unified approach. I'm afraid to call about stuff for fear of employees buying it.

#184 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Picked up my Pearl White PSP Go for $50, and an official Sony Lake Blue leather Travellers Case and charging cradle for $2 each. Sadly no compatible memory sticks to be found.

#185 materialz

materialz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 04:18 PM

Just a heads up, there's a white PSP go at the mission location of the Source in Kelowna. There's one left, I was going to go get it but I'd prefer a 3000 if I ever got one, and I just bought a 3DS sooo..

#186 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

The nice thing about the go is it supports 6.60 PRO. Use an older psp to rip your umds to load on the go.

#187 Aquablak

Aquablak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:49 PM

I've always liked the Go. I had one for a while and loved it. I plan to get a Vita around Christmas or the new year, so I'm passing on this, but for anyone on the fence, the Go is a great little system.

#188 True Kronic

True Kronic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:00 AM

So tempted to get a GO.

If I have a PSP 3000 with the latest official Sony firmware, can I rip UMDs to a PSP GO with it's custom firmware (for emulators and running UMD ISOs)?

My quick google/youtube searches only comes up with ripping ISOs with a PSP 1000/2000/3000 with custom firmware..nothing about the GO.

According to the website I have one white and one black and two different stores, opposite directions. Of course I'd call first (learned my lesson the hard way).

#189 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:18 AM

can I rip UMDs to a PSP GO with it's custom firmware (for emulators and running UMD ISOs)?

The Go doesn't have a UMD slot, so no. You need an older PSP to export your library. You can of course run your games though, it works normally like that.
Posted Image

#190 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

So tempted to get a GO.

If I have a PSP 3000 with the latest official Sony firmware, can I rip UMDs to a PSP GO with it's custom firmware (for emulators and running UMD ISOs)?

My quick google/youtube searches only comes up with ripping ISOs with a PSP 1000/2000/3000 with custom firmware..nothing about the GO.

According to the website I have one white and one black and two different stores, opposite directions. Of course I'd call first (learned my lesson the hard way).

Obviously Ragnar didn't read your whole post. As I said before, if you use the 6.60 PRO firmware on both your GO and your UMD capable system, you can rip the UMDS onto your memory stick, and then transfer them over to your GO. You can ONLY play them on the GO if the 6.60 PRO firmware is active however, otherwise they won't even show up. Also, no ripping/downloading games you don't actually own. Stealing games is for asshats.

#191 ragnar14

ragnar14

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:15 PM

I sorta thought I said exactly that, seeing as I quoted a line asking about usage with custom firmware.

Also, no ripping/downloading games you don't actually own. Stealing games is for asshats.

Yeah, this is fair use of games you own. And actually you can use Iso Tool to export your collection without even needing custom firmware ;)
Posted Image

#192 True Kronic

True Kronic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the info...so a GO would be useless to me, becuase my PSP 3000 is already updated to whatever the latest official firmware is. As I thought, I wouldn't be able to rip my UMDs.

I have 80+ UMDs that I barely touch since I got my Vita....was hoping a GO would make me want to play them more.

#193 Nukkus

Nukkus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for the info...so a GO would be useless to me, becuase my PSP 3000 is already updated to whatever the latest official firmware is. As I thought, I wouldn't be able to rip my UMDs.

I have 80+ UMDs that I barely touch since I got my Vita....was hoping a GO would make me want to play them more.

Dude, 6.60 IS the latest firmware, just google the install instructions for 6.60 PRO. It takes less than 3 mins to install. The Go isn't useless to you by far.

#194 matsam

matsam

Cooldude pts hunter

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

I'm blown away by how easy it now is to install CFW on every PSP. Back when I got my PSP-2000, you needed a pandora battery and it was still a long process. Now you just put a file on your memory card and start the flashing process by pressing X, the PSP starts it just like a game.

Also you can go back and forth from OFW (6.60) to CFW (6.60 PRO) easily. It's been so easy ever since they've discovered the signed keys. You literally lose nothing by installing CFW.
Posted Image

#195 thegamecubist

thegamecubist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:18 AM

Was always tempted by a PSPgo...and I have so many PSN games too! Keep the 300 for UMDs and the go for DL games maybe?

come on internet, help me waste my money :D
Posted Image

#196 True Kronic

True Kronic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Dude, 6.60 IS the latest firmware, just google the install instructions for 6.60 PRO. It takes less than 3 mins to install. The Go isn't useless to you by far.

Welp....then I guess I gotta get a white GO. Or Black if the website lies. Or nothing if it really lies. I'll phone early ASAP tomorrow, and see what I can do.....news keeps saying how gas is going down tomorrow too, so I can fill up.

I'm blown away by how easy it now is to install CFW on every PSP. Back when I got my PSP-2000, you needed a pandora battery and it was still a long process. Now you just put a file on your memory card and start the flashing process by pressing X, the PSP starts it just like a game.

Also you can go back and forth from OFW (6.60) to CFW (6.60 PRO) easily. It's been so easy ever since they've discovered the signed keys. You literally lose nothing by installing CFW.

Ya I didn't know it was this easy.

Now...one final question maybe it'll be answered before I get mine tomorrow....can you play PSP games full screen one a TV using a dual shock 3?

I have component cables for my PSP 3000 (or 2000), but it only plays in like 2/3 of the screen (if that).

#197 True Kronic

True Kronic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

You snooze you lose when it comes to cheap ass gaming. White one sold this morning. I should have jumped on this on SUnday when I found out about it, I was less than 10 minutes away from a store that still has 2 that afternoon, but today I phoned & they're reserved for someone else. The other store with a black one is saying it's resrved for somone.

Oh well....hopefully they weren't sold to hoarders who are gonna flip em. Now I'll have to focus on Forza Horizon and Silent Hill Book of Memories.

#198 mhee123

mhee123

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:25 PM

I got the White PSP Go Saturday at Shoppers World and It's been Great!

Thank you very much for the Heads up!

#199 TeaBisquit

TeaBisquit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:33 AM

I picked up Flingsmash with bonus WiiMote+ (~$10) and Medal of Honor (~$10) today! Really happy with the Flingsmash and Wiimote+ deal.