Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#151 joaryche

joaryche

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

no email for me

#152 sultangaming

sultangaming

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

It was in my spam folder as well! Thanks for the tip, I got DA:O. :)

Firepowerr.png

#153 InsaneHien

InsaneHien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:24 PM

I changed my e-mail preferences a few weeks ago. I don't think I'll be getting one of these, but I enabled it just in case.

#154 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Their site said I needed to validate my email. Been about 24 hours since I clicked the link for them to send the email. Yeah EA!

#155 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:59 PM

Why isn't the PC version of DA:O coming up in the Collection search here?

#156 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:06 PM

Their site said I needed to validate my email. Been about 24 hours since I clicked the link for them to send the email. Yeah EA!

Even if you got it, it'd probably not have a link to verify...mine didn't. I had customer support verify my address for me, but didnt matter anyway as they still never sent me a code.

#157 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

I got one and never bought a thing from origin... Now what to get
Posted Image

#158 Kamakazi010654

Kamakazi010654

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:16 PM

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up, mine also went to Gmail Spam folder.

I have been really jonesing for a Dragon Age replay after selling my PS3 copy after playing through it the first time on release.
[chipinsig]e944447abb96f9f0[/chipinsig]

#159 emwearz

emwearz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

I got one and never bought a thing from origin... Now what to get

The single player of Bad Company 2 is very enjoyable, however it biggest strength was its online, which has died down alot since Battlefield 3 came out, you will still be able to find games, it is just 'last weeks news' so to speak.

Dragon Age: Origins is a great RPG which feels very Game of Thrones style story meeting gameplay elements from Knights of the Old Republic from Bioware. This is the title I would suggest the more.

Spore was not my thing and bored me to tears.
Sign up to GreenManGaming using this link, spend $2 and you will be credited with $2 to your account!
http://www.greenmang.../?gmgr=gusasuku

#160 Count Van Ghoul

Count Van Ghoul

Past The Mission

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Haha, totally in my spam folder. Anyways, the only one I didn't have was Spore, so... eh. wtf.

I'm sure this is EA's way of getting me comfortable with actually buying something from their store rather than just inputting codes from boxed copies of games, amazon-bought copies, and steam codes (the ones that work).

My thoughts exactly. Good luck with that one EA!

I have a blog where I review (usually terrible) movies for your enjoyment.  Come check it out at http://aghoulversus.blogspot.com/

#161 XIGRIMxREAPERIX

XIGRIMxREAPERIX

Insomniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:26 PM

Ended up picking Dragon Age. Thanks OP
Posted Image

#162 watcher0

watcher0

CAGmeister

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:48 PM

Also found in my Gmail spam folder.
[URL="http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/mgkpx"][/URL]

#163 slowpantz

slowpantz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:00 AM

Checking my e-mail later today, thanks for the heads up!
Check out a classy show, One man asking a series of woman the hard hitting questions! : letsaskalady.podbean.com
Also on iTunes! Subscribe today.

#164 Spokker

Spokker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

I opted out of spam too, but I never thought they would send a free game, haha.

#165 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

Apparently my E-mail was unverified too.. Which is odd considering I bought Bad Company 2.

So it's fine to have that while I buy a video game, but to receive one for 1 of 3 games they aren't likely even been sold well anymore. Then that's where EA drives the line? oh well I've played parts of orgins and Spore and DA crashed n' burned with DA2.

#166 Gep88

Gep88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:25 AM

Opted in now probably to late. Oh well. I could trade an online pass to uncharted or something if someone had an extra.

#167 AgentW

AgentW

Ate a sandwich.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:43 AM

well. I guess they don't like me. Email is all set up due to BF3, but no email. But the only one I don't have is Spore, and I don't know what it's like now, but it's prob still a DRM mess. But it looks entertaining at least.

edit: but oddly enough, i've recieved other promotional emails from them about me3 and such. no wonder they're the most evil company in america.

Edited by AgentW, 22 June 2012 - 01:58 AM.

#168 ProfessorStotch

ProfessorStotch

The Undisputed CAG Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

I'm 99% sure I deleted this email this morning. Just cleared out my spam folder.

ProfessorStotch.png
Check out Captain's Crap Filled Store

Check out the shares I have for sale

Ohridgens

#169 Corpekata

Corpekata

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

Those considering using their codes for Dragon Age may want the check the Amazon thread, they're offering a pretty killer deal on it next week.

#170 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:26 AM

Those considering using their codes for Dragon Age may want the check the Amazon thread, they're offering a pretty killer deal on it next week.

Haha yeah I was just coming here to say the same thing.

DA1 with all DLC + DA2 for $10 all next week on Amazon starting sunday.

A lot of the DA1 DLC honestly was pretty bleh and rehashed the same old areas or was an out and out cheat like those feastday presents, but Awakenings (the expansion) had a lot of content in it.

Among the regular DLC I would say the Warden's Keep was probably the most decent followed by Returned to Ostargar, which wasn't amazing but did give some needed closure on the whole Cailan thing.

They rest are pretty crap in my opinion.

I don't count the Stone Prisoner as a separate DLC because they literally surgically removed it from the main game and it was given free to everyone who bought the game retail, though I imagine if they give it to you for free they probably won't give the Stone Prisoner with it. Not sure really.

I won't even go into Dragon Age 2 because if you can't say something nice...

At least with the Amazon sale it's dirt cheap.

#171 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:43 AM

Anyone else having issues with codes being passed to them from friends which don't work? My buddy sent me an unused code, which is not activating in the client or website.
Posted Image

#172 nasherman1

nasherman1

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:45 AM

Good deal! Thanks for the tip. I would have totally missed it!

#173 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

Still nothing :,(

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#174 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:53 AM

I figured it out - you have to add the game you want to your shopping card on Origin, then go to check out and apply the code there. I tried redeeming the code straight up in the client and it didn't work.
Posted Image

#175 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:54 AM

Turns out I also opted out doh' wished they sent the link regardless though.
igame

#176 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:09 AM

I figured it out - you have to add the game you want to your shopping card on Origin, then go to check out and apply the code there. I tried redeeming the code straight up in the client and it didn't work.

No one actually reads all the words anymore, do they? The email - as I posted in the OP - has step-by-step how to redeem the code; here, let's have them again...

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

...but I've seen so many posts about how people needed to "figure out" how to make it work - e.g. "I went to the web site and pasted in my code and it's not working! EA SUX!!!" - it worries me about the state of reading comprehension in the world.

Edited by DirkBelig, 22 June 2012 - 03:19 AM.

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png

#177 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Was in my Gmail spam filter. Thanks for the heads up!

Lol, mine too, good call. Thanks!
Already have DA:O and I'm not interested in BF, so I guess I'll finally pick up Spore.
Thanks Op!

#178 Idx86

Idx86

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:16 AM

No one actually reads all the words anymore, do they? The email - as I posted in the OP, here let's have them again......spells out step-by-step how to redeem the code, but I've seen so many posts about how people needed to "figure out" how to make it work - e.g. "I went to the web site and pasted in my code and it's not working! EA SUX!!!" - it worries me about the state of reading comprehension in the world.

I didn't read the OP, and I had the code e-mailed to me (not the original body.) But thanks for talking down to me. I'll bet Harvard is glad to have you.
Posted Image

#179 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

I didn't read the OP, and I had the code e-mailed to me (not the original body.) But thanks for talking down to me. I'll bet Harvard is glad to have you.

Hmm, did not know only college people knew how to read and comprehend. It has been stated several times that it has to be redeemed via the Origin client.

#180 DirkBelig

DirkBelig

The Belligerent One

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:22 AM

No one was talking down to you specifically. I was just remarking on how many people seemed to be having trouble despite clear instructions being provided. If someone sent you just the code alone because they didn't simply forward the email, you should discuss the importance of context with them, as in, "Would it have killed you to send me the whole email so I wouldn't have had to muddle around trying to figure out how to use it?"

133994.png DirkBelig.png5fbfd2ddbe4d9137.png DirkBelig.png