Photo
- - - - -

[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

• Please log in to reply
251 replies to this topic

#181 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:31 AM

Spent about $200-250 on Origin last year ... no email for me so far. Not in Gmail spam either.

ach.png

#182 Jrittmayer

Jrittmayer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:36 AM

Spent about $200-250 on Origin last year ... no email for me so far. Not in Gmail spam either.

Have had several EA/Origin accounts all with verified emails.... nothing yet either. No idea how they're doing this.

#183 Lord_Zath

Lord_Zath

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Nothing for me either. Could be a gradual roll-out over time..

#184 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

For those selecting Dragon Age: Origins, starting Sunday Amazon will have the Ultimate Edition of DA:O + Dragon Age 2 for $9.99. Check the Amazon Download sticky up top.

Of course, free is free, but it would be a shame if you were to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins and then have to pay more for the DLC.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#185 Shimrra

Shimrra

Hello Ladies !!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

How do you know if your email has been verified? I thought I had everything check out.

A beautiful 35-year-old ain’t as as good lookin’ as an ugly 19-year-old. Women expect us to like them but they don’t even like each other” Patrice O’neal

Shimrra74.png2rfy52g.jpg

#186 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have all three already...:-?

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#187 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:05 PM

No one was talking down to you specifically. I was just remarking on how many people seemed to be having trouble despite clear instructions being provided. If someone sent you just the code alone because they didn't simply forward the email, you should discuss the importance of context with them, as in, "Would it have killed you to send me the whole email so I wouldn't have had to muddle around trying to figure out how to use it?"

In fairness, having codes that work in the client but not on the site is confusing and dumb. I get why they're doing it--they want you to install the client--but in that case the error code on the website should say "This code must be redeemed through the Origin client," rather than "This code is invalid."

#188 Tancred

Tancred

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:07 PM

Haven't gotten shit despite being signed up for their newsletter. Have used Origin since day 1 because I used EA's Download Manager for years before. Thanks for treating your customers correctly EA.

#189 DaddyBoJangles

DaddyBoJangles

A Blue Slime Appears

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

For those selecting Dragon Age: Origins, starting Sunday Amazon will have the Ultimate Edition of DA:O + Dragon Age 2 for $9.99. Check the Amazon Download sticky up top.

Of course, free is free, but it would be a shame if you were to enjoy Dragon Age: Origins and then have to pay more for the DLC.

can you link me to this amazon deal, i own those games on 360 but for 9.99 I would deff buy the pc versions, thats crazy! Ill probably pick up Spore with my code.
Posted Image

I'm the hero of this story, don't need to be saved

#190 Bosamba

Bosamba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:40 PM

can you link me to this amazon deal, i own those games on 360 but for 9.99 I would deff buy the pc versions, thats crazy! Ill probably pick up Spore with my code.

If you're looking at the deals page, it should be one of the "stickied" posts up top. Tony (CAG Amazon DD rep) on posts #4535 and #4537 mentions the deal and says they'll be holding the deal all week long. Another plus is the fact that you don't need to run these versions of the games through Origin.
:grouphug:

Wondering which platform to buy the game for? Use Mr. Slimm's Blog http://misterslimm.w...ce-off-results/

Interested in a PC game but not sure if your rig can run it? Go here http://www.systemreq...tslab.com/cyri/

#191 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 03:41 PM

Origin sucks in general, so no surprise that I didn't receive an email

#192 TheGuardianWolf

TheGuardianWolf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:45 PM

Someone's probably already done this, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread. So I contacted support and asked what were the qualifications for getting one. She said none, that they were sent out randomly. I then asked if she could give me one manually, and she said she couldn't.

Oh werll, it was worth a shot, anyway. :lol:

I just realized I already own all of these titles already, though. o_o But I'm not sure how many Spore activations I have left... probably 2... or wait, does Origin change that problem?

#193 poisonedsodapop

poisonedsodapop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:27 PM

Someone's probably already done this, but I didn't feel like reading the whole thread. So I contacted support and asked what were the qualifications for getting one. She said none, that they were sent out randomly. I then asked if she could give me one manually, and she said she couldn't.

I just realized I already own all of these titles already, though. o_o But I'm not sure how many Spore activations I have left... probably 2... or wait, does Origin change that problem?

That's kinda lame but I was probably just going to get Spore anyways since I have DA:O (still in my backlog) and BFBC2 on PS3.
Posted Image

#194 caldazar

caldazar

RiderOnAPaleHorse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:26 PM

hmm well if I do get this, I guess I'll get Spore, since I have the other 2 already :)

** Caldazar **

#195 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

they expire tomorrow so use them ppl!!
Posted Image

#196 aspower

aspower

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 12:36 AM

I never get these emails...

Got a Happy Birthday, save 25 % but no free game.

#197 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:42 AM

So nobody used the code? Okay then I will be removing it in ten minutes. If somebody uses/d it just post it.

#198 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:48 AM

I tried to use it, was invalid or lurked by someone

#199 Guest_Pliskin101_*

Guest_Pliskin101_*

Posted 23 June 2012 - 01:57 AM

I tried to use it, was invalid or lurked by someone

Okay thanks. I will remove it then. I had it in my email for days and was going to just let it expire but thought it a waste so I shared. Oh well.

#200 TwistedOrange

TwistedOrange

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:35 AM

Anyone have a code they want to sell me for $5?

#201 c4tp

c4tp

Not cat pee.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:46 AM

I asked support basically the same question and the one I had told me there was really no way to know who got one and who didn't, but then all of a sudden they said my request was going to be sent up to a higher level where they can help with my request. A day later and they "re-sent" it (I never got it before) to my account! YMMV I guess.

#202 Frithsblessing

Frithsblessing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:47 AM

Anyone have a code they want to sell me for $5?

PM'd

#203 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:08 AM

Got a Happy Birthday, save 25 % but no free game.

yeah i got this code but not happy birthday code
wodner if it has to do with one another
Posted Image

#204 r1sky

r1sky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:23 AM

if anyone else has a code they havent used. ill buy for 5$.

Edited by r1sky, 23 June 2012 - 05:59 AM.

#205 Eurasia21xx

Eurasia21xx

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

guess ill ask too. 5 bucks, a code? Its working for them, why not me.

#206 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:37 AM

Wishing Origin was available on the Mac, I could go for a copy of Spore.

oIi9lub.png

#207 Lancezos

Lancezos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

guess ill ask too. 5 bucks, a code? Its working for them, why not me.

PM'd you

#208 gcorlett

gcorlett

For reals.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

Little bit bummed I didn't get a code. I bought from Origin before Origin was Origin.

Of course, i complain about their store whenever i can.:-\":lol:

#209 sylveranking

sylveranking

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:18 PM

I also have a code unused if anyone is interested for $5.

#210 kujen

kujen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:20 PM

These codes expire tonight