[DEAD] FREE Game from Origin - Dragon Age: Origins, BF:BC2, Spore - Check your email!

DirkBelig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
Just got this in the email:

It's the one-year anniversary of Origin, and we want to thank you for being part of our community. Enjoy a complimentary game download* on us—just pick which one you want and follow the instructions to get your game!
120615_Origin_Anniv_img2.jpg

1. Log in to the Origin gaming app from your desktop.
2. Use the search bar to choose your favorite game from Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, and Spore.
3. Add the game to your cart.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page, click “Enter Promo Code” and enter the following promo code:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*Offer expires June 23, 2012 at 10:00 PM PDT. Valid for new purchases of PC Digital versions of Dragon Age: Origins, Battlefield Bad Company 2, or Spore (each a "product") only from the Origin Client Software (www.origin.com/about). Valid only in the U.S. and Canada. Limit one per person. Subject to availability. Cannot be combined with any other offer, gift card, rebate or other discount coupons.

I'll be getting DA:O.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah just saw it in my Email just now. Now... Which game? I have BFBC2 for the consoles but never played Spore or DAO, any recommendations?

I've got nothing yet. :/ Kinda sad, I really wanted to try BF:BC2, I hear it's great.

EDIT: Just got mine, keep checking your email! :)

I got one also....wonder if it can be traded?

EDIT: I guess you can trade. You just need to give the person the promo code.

Anyone wanna trade LOL.

Haven't got the email yet, but if I do get one, my choice is clear. I already own Spore & Dragon Age.

Thanks for the heads up.

I've never actually bought anything from origin. All my games on the service were activated using keys from games I bought on steam. I assume that would mean that I wont be getting that email.

Anybody get an email without ever buying anything from origin?

checking good sir, will report back soon!

update:

Fail nothing for me, haven't purchased anything on there.

update:

OMG RAGE I DIDNT GET IT

Update:

My Girlfriend got one, i bought her sims on her account.

Update:

OMG RAGE I DIDNT GET ONE!

Update:

My girlfriend is never going to play those games!

Update:

OMG I GOT ONE! (she gave me hers)

Oh wait, I just got the email. Pretty sweet.

I actually have 2 origin accounts (it's a long story). I wonder if I'll get a code for that second account, too.

EA is probably rolling the e-mails out to every customer now, so keep your pants on, fellow CAGs (you might want to invest in a belt too). I got my at 7:57 PM EST. I own BFBC2 which is an amazing game. The PC version has fantastic multiplayer modes and a challenging yet fun story mode with some of the most amusing characters I've ever seen in a FPS game. The campaign is WAY better than the CoD like crap campaign that BF3 got.

As for me I never played Spore or any Dragon Age game for that matter. I remember pre ordering Spore and never picking up due to hearing that it was only decent. I actually heard that Dragon Age Origins was really good along with the original game but I heard II was crap. But again, I never played any of them, lol.

got a code. no plan to use the code. prolly just give it away in a random post.

EDIT: never bought a thing from them, downloaded BF3 beta which didn't work on my shit laptop.

I haven't received anything yet, and I've made a purchase from the Origin store..

[quote name='Wario64']I never get these emails...[/QUOTE]

Same here

This was at the top of my spam folder too. Thanks for the heads up OP. Since I already have two of those games I guess I can grab Spore.

I've never made a purchase on Origin proper, but I did buy BF3 (pre-order), Dragon Age Collection and Burnout Paradise from Amazon and activated on Origin. I also redeemed Battlefield 2 with my old CD key.

I wonder what the exact criteria is. Anybody get the code who has never purchased on Origin proper but has activated games there?

As a simple heads up: I didn't read the email all the way and tried to do it through the Origin store through web browser and the code didn't work.

Read it again and found out you do it through the Origin program like it says in the email, silly me.

[quote name='Wario64']I never get these emails...[/QUOTE]

EA sends out a lot of spam so I used to unsubscribe from everything they sent but then i stopped getting offers as well. I *think* you might have to put up with their nonstop spam to get these but that's just a guess.

[quote name='Mugatu']EA sends out a lot of spam so I used to unsubscribe from everything they sent but then i stopped getting offers as well. I *think* you might have to put up with their nonstop spam to get these but that's just a guess.[/QUOTE]

you may be right...i turned off their crap too

[quote name='Mugatu']EA sends out a lot of spam so I used to unsubscribe from everything they sent but then i stopped getting offers as well. I *think* you might have to put up with their nonstop spam to get these but that's just a guess.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's what I was thinking.. that sucks if true.

So subscribe to their emails. You might still be able to get the free code and you can always cancel again in a few days.

Sent from: [email protected]
with header: Get a game on us during the Origin anniversary celebration!
Anyone else get an email like this?
EcG4R.png

Thinking about going with Dragon Age: Origins, wonder if it works on Ultimate Edition.

*did not work on Ultimate Edition
However I now own Dragon Age Origins
Huzzah

Damn, didn't get one. On the other hand, I own both Spore and DA:O, and have little interest in BF:BC2, but still, a game is a game.

Nothing here, and I have a pretty big Origin collection.. :cry:

Oh well, on the brightside, time to kill some more noobs on BC2! :twisted:

Not a scam, you must install origin on your PC though, and buy the game through there. I got BFBC2 for free, after using the Promo code. Too bad I don't have a gaming PC anymore.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I havent gotten one either, I have a bunch of games on Origin....some strange feeling with EA I think that works against me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I don't have one either and I've bought a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff on Origin.

[quote name='Antarael Dulacre']Wouldn't even touch that...waiting for some official notes maybe...[/QUOTE]
It's just a promo code, you don't follow any links from the email.
Just log into Origins Desktop, and use the promo code at checkout

[quote name='emwearz']Is the promo code a 1 time use?

I didn't get one, most likely because I live in Aus.[/QUOTE]

Yeah 1 time use, instantly tried to use it again to get BF:BC2. no luck!

Could it require that you're account be created before a certain date? The email sounds like it could be meant as a reward for long term customers. I haven't gotten anything; I created my account for the BF3 beta.

[quote name='Kolma']Yeah 1 time use, instantly tried to use it again to get BF:BC2. no luck![/QUOTE]

It might be locked to be used once per account.

[quote name='Argive']Could it require that you're account be created before a certain date? The email sounds like it could be meant as a reward for long term customers. I haven't gotten anything; I created my account for the BF3 beta.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, mine was created in 2008 and I've received nothing.

[quote name='sunghost']I doubt it, mine was created in 2008 and I've received nothing.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and I created my first account (the one I got the code for) in November 2011.

[quote name='Kolma']Go wild if you guys want to try and use the code I was given
j2t8prfgn35gu7[/QUOTE]

Didn't work, not shocked. Gives me 'Invalid promo code'.

Thanks for trying!

bread's done
Back