Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: BaGB10 + Preorder Steampunk 3 + ST: Ion Robots Bundle for a $1 each(See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10790 replies to this topic

#571 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

Somebody sell me on Stranger's Wrath. I'm having trouble working up the energy on this one as I have KB from Gamersgate and Tropico 3 on Steam.

it was my favorite game on the original xbox. the gameplay/characters is/are fantastic, especially the functionality/personality of the ammo you use. definitely worth playing through.

also, i apparently like to utilize "/" when im lazy/busy.

#572 igame

igame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Another great bundle upping my backlog to over 120 games, curse these bundles and their future joy that will not be felt.
igame

#573 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Updated the OP with links to most of the album's/soundtrack's bandcamp site, which contains samples of the whole album. Look Right Penny is a sampler, so I couldn't find which songs were included, so I just linked all their songs that are on amazon. I also couldn't find The Mean Jeans' Party Collection, because most likely it is also a sampler, so I linked their bandcamp site which contains all their albums, so you can get a feel for their style if you care.

#574 Cloulien

Cloulien

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:16 PM

I updated the post to relect todays update and added dreamscape at the $5 tier as well as added the $8 tier. It is currently awaiting approval.

#575 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

I updated the post to relect todays update and added dreamscape at the $5 tier as well as added the $8 tier. It is currently awaiting approval.

Have they ever put in a way to add money to an existing purchase or would I just have to buy again at $8 to get the new bonus games?

fs_pc.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#576 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Have they ever put in a way to add money to an existing purchase or would I just have to buy again at $8 to get the new bonus games?

They did that a while ago. Click on the "donate more" under the bundle in your download page. It'll also tell you how much more money you need to spend to get the new games.

#577 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:54 PM

They did that a while ago. Click on the "donate more" under the bundle in your download page. It'll also tell you how much more money you need to spend to get the new games.

Thanks for letting me know. Now I just have to figure out whether it's worth the $3.

fs_pc.png

#578 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:46 AM

Whats the fighting like on that Dreamscape game. From all the videos for it and pics it doesn't show anything but I can see weapons in the equipment and inventory. Is it old school Zelda type?

#579 TheRyno665

TheRyno665

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:04 AM

Went in for $5 and didn't even notice they added more games for $8. Ah well, I'm fine with what I got and probably won't be interested in the new games.

I've never gotten into a Groupees bundle before. Do you think they'll add yet more stuff (say for people who want to pay $10 or more) or is this usually it?

#580 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Good job on the updates man. Like the links to the reviews & everything. Posted Image

76561198003417354.png

Steam: kagegao | XBL: MC Kage | The BackLoggery

WTB: - Xbox 360 S/E (with 250GB HDD or more) for Cheap

-GoW3, Halo 4, Halo Wars, GTA V, BF4

#581 CIitCommander

CIitCommander

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2012 - 04:25 AM

Got it for a friend also! Great deal for a variety of games.

#582 jazyje

jazyje

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:01 AM

My X-Blades or Kung Fu Steam keys are not working -- Steam says they are invalid... WTF?

#583 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

My X-Blades or Kung Fu Steam keys are not working -- Steam says they are invalid... WTF?

Wait one hour and try again.

#584 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:17 AM

Had the same problem when I was putting in a bunch of steam codes from bundles the other day. They, for whatever reason, limits how many codes you can redeem at once.

elessar123.png

#585 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:49 AM

Oh geez, I still haven't bought this bundle yet. Probably gonna go in for $5, but I see that they added a new $8 tier since I last checked. The $8 tier includes DRM-Free copies of Earth 2150 Trilogy (an RTS) & Septerra Core (an RPG). I'd never heard of these game before. It looks like they're both over a decade old.

Anybody wanna make a case for these games? If not, I'll probably just go ahead and buy at the $5 level.

#586 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:17 AM

Oh geez, I still haven't bought this bundle yet. Probably gonna go in for $5, but I see that they added a new $8 tier since I last checked. The $8 tier includes DRM-Free copies of Earth 2150 Trilogy (an RTS) & Septerra Core (an RPG). I'd never heard of these game before. It looks like they're both over a decade old.

Anybody wanna make a case for these games? If not, I'll probably just go ahead and buy at the $5 level.

I've heard good things about Septerra Core, but I believe it is on GOG so you can score it for around the same price ($3) on sale and have it on your GOG shelf. Have never met anyone who has played the Earth game.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#587 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:20 AM

If anybody noticed on the most recent email groupees sent out about this bundle, at the bottom this was posted:

Stay tuned for a series of SPOOKY Game + Music Bundles, just in time for Halloween. COMING SOON!

So I guess the next bundle after be mine 5 should be coming out pretty soon, also horror games?

#588 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:24 AM

If anybody noticed on the most recent email groupees sent out about this bundle, at the bottom this was posted:

So I guess the next bundle after be mine 5 should be coming out pretty soon, also horror games?

Bout time Bad Rats made a bundle come back.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#589 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 03:26 AM

I got Septerra Core on GOG for $2.39. Earth has been the same I think.

That said, GOG sales are spotty, so it may be ages before you see those games on sale again. Not a bad deal for $3. Both games are supposed to be pretty good. Underrated gems and all.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#590 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:50 PM

That said, GOG sales are spotty, so it may be ages before you see those games on sale again.

I disagree. GOG has a massive Christmas sale every year just like other big DD sites. If he's interested in just Septerra Core, it will undoubtedly be on sale for at least 50% off regular price at that time (and that's only a couple of months away).

Regarding the Earth trilogy, I have 2150 and 2160 as physical boxes but I've not gotten around to playing them. They look like pretty decent SF RTS games, so maybe worthwhile if you like RTS.

As many times as I've seen Septerra Core on sale, I still can't convince myself it's something I'd ever play (or play and not hate), so Groupees won't be getting my $3.

fs_pc.png

#591 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:50 AM

Alright. Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm just gonna go with the $5 tier. The thing that cliched it for me though was a post over on the Groupees chat. Somebody there who had played it said that Septerra Core ended with a brutal calif-hanger ending. I can take a cliff-hanger ending in a game if there a promise that it will be resolved in a sequel. But it's been 13 years since Septerra Core was released. It's pretty obvious that the cliff-hanger will never get resolved.

Screw that.

#592 Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara

Praise The Sun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

Only want Stranger's Wrath. Not going to buy this sadly.

#593 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Bumping this for those who don't check the Steam thread:

Halloween Bundle Launching soon:

$1 Min. will get you:

Manor of the Damned (Desura/DRM Free)
Cryostasis (Steam)

$4 or more will get you the above plus:
Anna (Steam)
Blindside (Desura/DRM Free)
Post Mortem (Steam)

Bonuses will include music, movie, and comic.

http://groupees.com/damned

Edited by CheapLikeAFox, 25 October 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#594 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Thanks Fox.

Other than Cryostasis, I've never heard of any of these. And Cryostasis will apparently be in the 1C pack from Amazon when that launches. So I think I'm gonna hold off for a while and see if they add anything else. Luckily, groupies bundles don't punish you for holding off on your purchase until the very end (unless you count the time that they gave early buyers an extra gift bundle).

#595 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Thanks Fox.

Other than Cryostasis, I've never heard of any of these. And Cryostasis will apparently be in the 1C pack from Amazon when that launches. So I think I'm gonna hold off for a while and see if they add anything else. Luckily, groupies bundles don't punish you for holding off on your purchase until the very end (unless you count the time that they gave early buyers an extra gift bundle).

I already have Cryostasis from Amazon (Non-steam) but am getting this mostly for Post Mortem.

It is the first game in the series (Still Life 1 and 2 are the sequels) and I have been meaning to get it.

But I do think it's been $2.50 on sale on Steam before. Anna has bad reviews but I'm willing to check it out. Never heard of blindside.

#596 TheSingingBard

TheSingingBard

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

Might be in for the $4. Been wanting to play Post Mortem. Really enjoyed Still Life 1/2.

#597 BernardoOne

BernardoOne

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Totally in for 4$ Really want to play Anna despite the bad reviews(I would not pickup it up at original price).
Blindside seems like a interesting concept. Manor of the Damned looks fun.

#598 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:01 PM

Updated the OP
If you want more info on Blindside, here was their kickstarter video from a while back.
_PIYrJex-uY

#599 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:39 PM

Totally in for 4$ Really want to play Anna despite the bad reviews(I would not pickup it up at original price).
Blindside seems like a interesting concept. Manor of the Damned looks fun.

Does Anna seem like a bad game you can enjoy because its so bad? I games like that.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/umair56
Umair56 on Origin, PSN, Battle.net, etc etc

#600 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:43 PM

Does Anna seem like a bad game you can enjoy because its so bad? I games like that.

Yeah, I definitely games like that too. Looks like a game, one that's definitely the time. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free