Has anyone figured out yet what the difference is, if any, between this version of Enclave and the one GOG sells?
I don't think there's any difference. These are the features listed on the Gold Editions:
- Massive narrative scope, including two distinct campaigns with alternative endings
- More than 25 unique missions, plus additional bonus content
- 12 diverse unlockable characters, each blending elements of traditional character classes in a one-of-a-kind way
- Challenging boss opponents, each requiring different tactics to defeat
- Interactive gameplay tutorial leads even the most inexperienced players through basic game and combat controls
- Three different difficulty level settings provide the right level of challenge for any player
- A plethora of different weapons, collectible objects, consumables, and magic items
- Dozens of scripted in-game event triggers keep the surprises coming
- Captivating soundtrack paired with countless atmospheric sound effects
This is all that GOG lists:
- Protect the Enclave in the name of Light or join forces with the Dark
- Twelve unlockable playable characters that you can equip with an abundance of weapons and armor
- Dynamic third-person action-adventure gameplay
However, this back cover of the original game box mentions the 12 characters and over 25 missions:http://www.mobygames...eCoverId,35095/
There doesn't appear to ever have been an expansion pack or DLC for this game, so it doesn't look like anything's been added to the "Gold Editions," and they're just titled that for marketing purposes.
Note that the GOG and Groupees version are both by TopWare, which seems to have obtained the title from Vivendi Universal.