Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: BM14 + BaGB9 Are Live (See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10141 replies to this topic

#391 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:41 AM

Some info from a chat with Jonny:

5:31 PM
Me: I was just wondering if there's an ETA on the mystery game's reveal? I've scanned the chat and can't find if it's been answered yet.

Jonny: we'll announce in about 12 hrs
Posted Image

Me: Alright, thanks. :)

Jonny: any predictions?

5:32 PM
Me: I'd probably guess either Postal 3 or the full Guns of Icarus Online. Who knows though.

5:33 PM
Jonny: good guesses

you'll know soon
Posted Image

:)
Posted Image

Me: No hints, eh? :P

Jonny:steam game
Posted Image

but neither of those
Posted Image

5:34 PM
Me: Alright, looking forward to seeing what is. :)

Thanks for the info

Jonny: hopefully you'll like
Posted Image

:)
Posted Image

oh, one other thing
Posted Image

Me: Better be worth $4 :P Haha

Jonny: we're also adding a comic book too
Posted Image

Me: Interesting.

5:35 PM
Jonny: thanks for your support of the bundle!
Posted Image

5:35 PM
Me:Sure thing, keep it up!

Faults aside, you've gotta love Groupees for how down-to-earth they are.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#392 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:58 AM

I played Zero Gear during a free weekend (shortly after its release) and I though it was terrible. So I bought this bundle primarily to give it another try and, well, I still think it's terrible. A dollar well spent!

MARS

#393 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:03 AM

Some info from a chat with Jonny:

Faults aside, you've gotta love Groupees for how down-to-earth they are.

There's a 99.99999% chance it's Dwarfs?!

Just kidding, but seriously, it's looking very likely that it's Dwarfs?! They had a reddit contest and all of the hints point toward it.

http://www.reddit.co...undle_giveaway/

(When they say review score in the hints, they don't necessarily mean the official metacritic score)

#394 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

New little bundle is up if anyone is interested.

http://groupees.com/taproot

I used to like Taproot's stuff. They're kind of that 90s garage band-y grunge-screamo-alternative that was all over the place back then, but they aren't bad. It's three albums + more (if goals are hit) for a buck, and each dollar is a meal for the hungry.

Nice little bundle for a good cause.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#395 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:07 AM

There's a 99.99999% chance it's Dwarfs?!

Just kidding, but seriously, it's looking very likely that it's Dwarfs?! They had a reddit contest and all of the hints point toward it.

http://www.reddit.co...undle_giveaway/

(When they say review score in the hints, they don't necessarily mean the official metacritic score)

I actually want Dwarfs. This bundle is turning out better than expected.

#396 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:17 AM

I'm new to the whole Steam thing. I figured I would get in on this for a buck to try things out. My PC isn't great, but hopefully it works OK for basic games. Intel dual core with 2gb of ram.

#397 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:41 AM

I'm new to the whole Steam thing. I figured I would get in on this for a buck to try things out. My PC isn't great, but hopefully it works OK for basic games. Intel dual core with 2gb of ram.

Just plop in an affordable graphics card that your power supply can handle and you should be fine. My old rig was a standard P4 Dell with a 9800 GT and I played everything.

Basic games, sure. Add a GPU and play everything at reduced detail.

#398 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

I actually want Dwarfs. This bundle is turning out better than expected.

Wel, it *is* Dwarfs!? after all (Steam key).

I'll give them $5 (not that I'll ever get around to playing it) mostly because they are so clueless: who in their right mind would leave the game that people would most want out of the bundle and the one that would bring in the most profits two thirds of the way into the sale? They should have had this up right at the beginning.

#399 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 02:05 PM

New little bundle is up if anyone is interested.

http://groupees.com/taproot

I used to like Taproot's stuff. They're kind of that 90s garage band-y grunge-screamo-alternative that was all over the place back then, but they aren't bad. It's three albums + more (if goals are hit) for a buck, and each dollar is a meal for the hungry.

Nice little bundle for a good cause.

And if you like chiptune music, this is another great music bundle:

FantomenK 42 Song Ultimate Collection

#400 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Just plop in an affordable graphics card that your power supply can handle and you should be fine. My old rig was a standard P4 Dell with a 9800 GT and I played everything.

Basic games, sure. Add a GPU and play everything at reduced detail.

I have been thinking about it. I just don't know which card I would get. I replaced the board and processor back in Dec 2010. Here is the board I have http://www.msi.com/p.../G41TM-E43.html I don't recall the processor exactly. I just know it's a intel dual core. I have 2gb of DDR2. My stock power supply says it has 250watts max output. I'm sure I would need to change that? What would be a good, but decent priced video card that I can use?

#401 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Been meaning to give Dwarfs a try so this works.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#402 Das_Regal

Das_Regal

It's Pizza Time!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:49 PM

Sold!

Edited by Das_Regal, 31 August 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#403 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Now I have a copy of Dwarfs I don't need that I spent an additional 4 dollars to obtain. :(

Anyone wanna buy it for $2?

PMd I'm not going to spend the extra 4 just to get it and either going to buy it from someone cheapr or going to wait for it to go on sale on steam for 75% off.

Edited by sleepydumbdude, 31 August 2012 - 04:18 PM.

#404 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

I just bought within the last 10 minutes or so. Kaptain Brawe's on my download page, but there's no key listed, sadly. Ah well. Dwarfs!? and other odds and ends for 5 bucks isn't bad at all.

Vaguely related note, I may bite on that Taproot bundle because it DOESN'T include their newest album... which is them attempting a concept album and ruining it with Speak and Spell.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#405 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well I am actually interested in Dwarfs, but it can be had for $2.50 during a major sale. If there was a DRM-free copy in addition to the steam key, I'd probably bite. But for $4, I'll have to think about it. I guess it would mean a little bit more to charity, but what are we talking about really? An extra $0.80 (I believe they give 20% to charity)?

#406 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Gamespot are giving away Be Mine 4 bundles! Get one before they run out, all you need is a gamespot account.

http://www.gamespot....mine4_giveaway/

#407 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:55 PM

Thanks. Got an extra gift :)

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#408 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:00 PM

Gamespot are giving away Be Mine 4 bundles! Get one before they run out, all you need is a gamespot account.

Thanks sunghost! the bundle includes Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World. pretty cool

#409 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

I'm cool with it being Dwarfs. I only dropped $1 on this one and already have it on Steam anyway. Pretty decent game though!

#410 Kazaganthi

Kazaganthi

Blue Rogue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

Wow, nice one!

#411 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:10 PM

Getting a 404 error. Guess they've run out of codes. Unless the gift bundles include Dwarfs, it's no big deal that I missed it. Was just gonna grab a second copy for my secondary account.

EDIT: Now the page is back up with a note that the promo is over.

#412 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Getting a 404 error. Guess they've run out of codes. Unless the gift bundles include Dwarfs, it's no big deal that I missed it. Was just gonna grab a second copy for my secondary account.

EDIT: Now the page is back up with a note that the promo is over.

Yeah, unfortunately sunghost is too slow at letting us know about free things.

Lol j/k. ;)

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#413 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

PLYoung Battlemass Mac PC
GP0CZ-L0GCP-1ET2R-QIHMR-K4D4O Universal
Cateia Games Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
3PYFL-NFBE6-RKEKP Universal

Both are taken!! Happy no lurkers got to them. :)

Not interested in either. Please post if you take one or both. I know there are lurkers but I'd rather do it this way then get a bunch of PMs.

Edited by golfer, 01 September 2012 - 02:00 AM.

#414 dijeikei

dijeikei

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:31 PM

took Cateia Games Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World

#415 golfer

golfer

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:40 PM

No problem. Happy a CAG got at least one of em. This is a great community, just trying to give back.

#416 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

Wel, it *is* Dwarfs!? after all (Steam key).

I'll give them $5 (not that I'll ever get around to playing it) mostly because they are so clueless: who in their right mind would leave the game that people would most want out of the bundle and the one that would bring in the most profits two thirds of the way into the sale? They should have had this up right at the beginning.

You do realize that a lot bundles have a mystery game that ends up being more desirable than the other games, right? It's not exactly a new concept.

bZ2g3eF.png

#417 Honeybaked Ham

Honeybaked Ham

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Thanks for posting the gamespot giveaway, I was just able to pick up my code. It does not include the rewards for giving a 5$ donation but no biggie for me since I wasn't going to get it anyway but I couldn't say no to free.

#418 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

You do realize that a lot bundles have a mystery game that ends up being more desirable than the other games, right? It's not exactly a new concept.

Actually, I don't think that's true: successful bundles have their biggest titles up first so that
people will pay "over the average" or whatever right away to get the hits (e.g. with Bastion
in the last HIB). Groupees were essentially saying "pay $1 to get all these games, or pay $5
for a great game but we won't tell you what it is until a week has passed". That's a moronic
way of doing things - most people will just pay $1 and then wait until the "great game" is
revealed at which point I'm guessing many couldn't even be bothered to go and up their
donation to get one extra game (CAGers excepted, of course).

Basically, what I'm saying is if one game is worth $4 more than the rest of the games
combined, it should be available right at the beginning so that people will buy the bundle
for $5 now instead of bying it for $1 now and *maybe* adding $4 more later. Bonus games
should be just that: an extra incentive to tip those who are still humming & hawing about
buying the bundle, they shouldn't be the main attraction.

#419 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Victim of the Industry

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:01 AM

Actually, I don't think that's true: successful bundles have their biggest titles up first so that people will pay "over the average" or whatever right away to get the hits (e.g. with Bastion
in the last HIB). Groupees were essentially saying "pay $1 to get all these games, or pay $5
for a great game but we won't tell you what it is until a week has passed". That's a moronic
way of doing things - most people will just pay $1 and then wait until the "great game" is
revealed at which point I'm guessing many couldn't even be bothered to go and up their
donation to get one extra game (CAGers excepted, of course).

Basically, what I'm saying is if one game is worth $4 more than the rest of the games
combined, it should be available right at the beginning so that people will buy the bundle
for $5 now instead of bying it for $1 now and *maybe* adding $4 more later. Bonus games
should be just that: an extra incentive to tip those who are still humming & hawing about
buying the bundle, they shouldn't be the main attraction.

I get your point, but the HIB is probably the smartest indie bundle around. It's hard to hold every bundler to their way of going about things, because they've got the smartest method.

That said, I don't even think Dwarfs is that big of a deal. It will be on sale for under $3 very soon, so it's hard to say it's easily worth $4.

bZ2g3eF.png

#420 jatan11t

jatan11t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:12 AM

PLYoung Battlemass Mac PC
GP0CZ-L0GCP-1ET2R-QIHMR-K4D4O Universal
Cateia Games Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World
3PYFL-NFBE6-RKEKP Universal

Not interested in either. Please post if you take one or both. I know there are lurkers but I'd rather do it this way then get a bunch of PMs.

Thanks! I took Battlemass

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free