Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: BM14 + BaGB9 Are Live (See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10357 replies to this topic

#751 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Any idea what the Gold 2012 Edition is? I did a google search and couldn't find anything about it being re-released this year and such.

Found this Amazon download for sale:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008XN0DDK/

Note that the subtitle "Shadows of Twilight" is the same as the one applied to the recently released Wii port:
http://www.topware.c...or-the-wii.html

From the Amazon specs, it doesn't look any different from the 2010 Gold Edition:
http://www.topware.c...ld-edition.html

I'm guessing it was rereleased this year as a tie-in with the Wii port, but it doesn't look like the 2012 edition is anything but a rebranding of the previous Gold Edition.

#752 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I think Groupees adjusted the current goal to 5000. Pretty sure it was 6000 originally. Only about 70 bundles away from the next goal posting.

#753 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

Enclave Gold 2012 Edition just reached its target bundle number, so it should be available to download

#754 motoki

motoki

In Soviet Russia keys activate YOU!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Has anyone figured out yet what the difference is, if any, between this version of Enclave and the one GOG sells?

#755 DeliveryPizza

DeliveryPizza

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:45 PM

Found this Amazon download for sale:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B008XN0DDK/

Note that the subtitle "Shadows of Twilight" is the same as the one applied to the recently released Wii port:
http://www.topware.c...or-the-wii.html

From the Amazon specs, it doesn't look any different from the 2010 Gold Edition:
http://www.topware.c...ld-edition.html

I'm guessing it was rereleased this year as a tie-in with the Wii port, but it doesn't look like the 2012 edition is anything but a rebranding of the previous Gold Edition.

Thank you!

#756 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:05 PM

Has anyone figured out yet what the difference is, if any, between this version of Enclave and the one GOG sells?

I don't think there's any difference. These are the features listed on the Gold Editions:

• Massive narrative scope, including two distinct campaigns with alternative endings
  • More than 25 unique missions, plus additional bonus content
  • 12 diverse unlockable characters, each blending elements of traditional character classes in a one-of-a-kind way
  • Challenging boss opponents, each requiring different tactics to defeat
  • Interactive gameplay tutorial leads even the most inexperienced players through basic game and combat controls
  • Three different difficulty level settings provide the right level of challenge for any player
  • A plethora of different weapons, collectible objects, consumables, and magic items
  • Dozens of scripted in-game event triggers keep the surprises coming
  • Captivating soundtrack paired with countless atmospheric sound effects

This is all that GOG lists:

• Protect the Enclave in the name of Light or join forces with the Dark
  • Twelve unlockable playable characters that you can equip with an abundance of weapons and armor
  • Dynamic third-person action-adventure gameplay

However, this back cover of the original game box mentions the 12 characters and over 25 missions:
http://www.mobygames...eCoverId,35095/

There doesn't appear to ever have been an expansion pack or DLC for this game, so it doesn't look like anything's been added to the "Gold Editions," and they're just titled that for marketing purposes.

Note that the GOG and Groupees version are both by TopWare, which seems to have obtained the title from Vivendi Universal.

#757 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hey, you remember these guys don't you? Yeah, it's the groupies guys. That BeMine 6 Bundle that they were doing? Yeah, it turns out that it still going on. Who knew?

Anyway, a new goal has been announced.

Goal 6 @ 6,000 bundles sold: Men of War: Condemned Heroes. Check out that lusty 57 metacritic score.

#758 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

Hmm, just might throw a buck at them. Decisions decisions

#759 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

I wish they'd add better games to the $5 BTA level, instead of crappy games at the $1 level, so I can justify paying $5 for this.

And apparently this is "Bonus 6 of 9"...

#760 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

I wish they'd add better games to the $5 BTA level, instead of crappy games at the $1 level, so I can justify paying $5 for this...

Yeah this isn't very good timing for them after the 15 cent (or w/e it was?) price mistake on Steam for Two Worlds 2. Other than that, Gorky 17 seems to have a lot of bugs, leaving Worms Reloaded as the best deal out of the $5 tier. Maybe they'll add another tier or something, but I kinda doubt they'll add more games to the $5 tier.

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Earth 2160 was given away for free on GMG before (without a Steam key). That just hurts the $5 tier even more.. it's funny that one of the admins seriously thought Be Mine 6 is better than the THQ Humble Bundle lol.

Dawn of Fantasy was also in the 2nd Greenlight Bundle..

#761 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

Anyway, a new goal has been announced.

Goal 6 @ 6,000 bundles sold: Men of War: Condemned Heroes. Check out that lusty 57 metacritic score.

Has that game been in other bundles? I honestly can't keep track of what Men of War games have been in what bundles.

It's crap like this that makes me wish that damned Amazon 1C bundle would get here so I wouldn't have to wrack my brain trying to figure out which bundle Men of War # 335 has been in.

#762 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

Has that game been in other bundles? I honestly can't keep track of what Men of War games have been in what bundles.

It's crap like this that makes me wish that damned Amazon 1C bundle would get here so I wouldn't have to wrack my brain trying to figure out which bundle Men of War # 335 has been in.

Nope, it's the first time it's been in a bundle. Men of War Vietnam was given away by gamefly, it's also in the bundlestars bundle. Men of War was in Build a Bundle 4, and Indie Gala 11. Men of War Red Tide was in Indie Gala 11. I don't know how I manage to remember all of this stuff lol.

One of the Men of Wars (I think maybe Red Tide?) was given away by GMG a while ago, possibly last year.

#763 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Best all-in-one-page for figuring, "wasn't that in a bundle?" is over on this steam thread.

#764 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Best all-in-one-page for figuring, "wasn't that in a bundle?" is over on this steam thread.

Oddly enough, I regularly follow that thread but I never check the OP. Go figure.

#765 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot Earth 2160 was given away for free on GMG before (without a Steam key). That just hurts the $5 tier even more.. it's funny that one of the admins seriously thought Be Mine 6 is better than the THQ Humble Bundle lol.

ROTFL

It's clear that these idiots don't know squat about video games.

Dawn of Fantasy was also in the 2nd Greenlight Bundle..

It was also given away by IGN back in February. For whatever that's worth.

#766 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:43 PM

Oddly enough, I regularly follow that thread but I never check the OP. Go figure.

Just like our steam thread! We have an OP?

#767 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

ROTFL

It's clear that these idiots don't know squat about video games.

It is automatically better than any Humble Bundle, due to the fact that the keys are individual. And these guys don't fucking delete your account page after you buy without reason, explanation, or refund.

#768 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

It is automatically better than any Humble Bundle, due to the fact that the keys are individual. And these guys don't fucking delete your account page after you buy without reason, explanation, or refund.

At the risk of taking this thread off topic, I guess I gotta ask. Humble deleted your account page?

#769 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:17 PM

Groupees always hypes their bundles. They know the THQ bundle is better, but of course they're gonna say "This is the best bundle ever!"

This is probably my least favorite Be Mine so far. Still, happy to get a couple games like Enclave (which has good reviews and has only been around $3 on GOG a few times) and Paranormal. Also nice to get Condemned Heroes simply to pad out my Men of War collection (how many are there, honestly?).

And 3 more bonuses after this? Who knows what they've got up their sleeve...

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#770 TheLongshot

TheLongshot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:27 AM

Ok, amused that some Jolly songs are part of the bonus for this bundle, considering I was listening to the album today. I do want people to check them out, because they are a very good band.

I'm also having a hard time justifying paying $5 for this one, since most of the games I want are at the $1 level.
Posted Image

#771 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Goal 7 was reached. New goal announced.

Goal 8 @8,000 bundles sold: Rico - A Tale of Two Brothers
Spoiler

#772 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Man I hate when they add DRM free games to bundles as bonuses. I feel like a kid who unwrapped a Christmas present only to find out it's clothes and you have to fake a weak smile and pretend to be grateful to your Aunt that didn't get you what you really wanted.

#773 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:38 PM

Ugh.. another "special" alpha build? Do not want. I'm fine with alpha games that come with Desura keys, because you know they'll eventually be updated.. but not this "special" alpha build crap that will never be updated.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they give us a desura key or something. Can't really know for sure based on the wording.

#774 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Ugh.. another "special" alpha build? Do not want. I'm fine with alpha games that come with Desura keys, because you know they'll eventually be updated.. but not this "special" alpha build crap that will never be updated.

Hopefully I'm wrong and they give us a desura key or something. Can't really know for sure based on the wording.

Yeah... I had no problem getting 99 Levels to Hell as an alpha build, but it was a Desura key. Easy updating. Hopefully they'll update the download on Groupees when the beta rolls along and such.

Not sure what use there is about complaining at DRM-free games though. I love DRM-free, and so do lots of people. I'd rather not Steam take over the entire internet... just most of it.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#775 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Not sure what use there is about complaining at DRM-free games though. I love DRM-free, and so do lots of people. I'd rather not Steam take over the entire internet... just most of it.

I think people are starting to use "DRM-free" to mean anything where you just download an installer, instead of using a digital download store client. This is mostly referring to the fact that you have to manually track, download and install any updates to the game. Obviously 99% of the games on Desura are DRM-free (in the real meaning of the term) but Desura will update it for you if it needs to (which is why I like Desura more than Steam).

#776 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

I think people are starting to use "DRM-free" to mean anything where you just download an installer, instead of using a digital download store client. This is mostly referring to the fact that you have to manually track, download and install any updates to the game. Obviously 99% of the games on Desura are DRM-free (in the real meaning of the term) but Desura will update it for you if it needs to (which is why I like Desura more than Steam).

True, I'd rather have a Desura key than DRM-free too, for that reason, but DRM-free is still DRM-free.

I haven't had bad experiences with Groupees, and I use them often, so it's not a big deal for me. Now Bundle-in-a-Box... I'd rather not have DRM-free from them. Just comes down to preference to what sites you frequent, I suppose.

bZ2g3eF.png

#777 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

True, I'd rather have a Desura key than DRM-free too, for that reason, but DRM-free is still DRM-free.

I haven't had bad experiences with Groupees, and I use them often, so it's not a big deal for me. Now Bundle-in-a-Box... I'd rather not have DRM-free from them. Just comes down to preference to what sites you frequent, I suppose.

Bundle in a box was down for me for a while so I can understand that concern.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#778 utopianmachine

utopianmachine

Deal Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:44 AM

If the final bonus is not Eschalon Book 2, I will whine considerably. Just saying.

#779 motoki

motoki

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:54 AM

Yes thank you. This is exactly what I meant.

Also my post was meant somewhat tongue in cheek comparing myself to a kid not getting the present they wanted, realizing that it's a bit spoiled of me to complain about something for free.

Edited by Motoki, 09 December 2012 - 05:28 AM.
Removed a bunch of obvious TL;DRy stuff that didn't really need to be said.

#780 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

If the final bonus is not Eschalon Book 2, I will whine considerably. Just saying.

I'm sure that Jonny said that it was "something different" and not on Steam.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free