Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: BM14 + BaGB9 Are Live (See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10357 replies to this topic

#1471 Latex Robot

Latex Robot

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

I have the rest of their games (avernum and geneforge saga) so I got it hopefully I can play it with an open mind. I used to play old rogue like games and those things barely had graphics haha...hope I enjoy it!

it seems kinda interesting with the choice between good and evil. you can be Romans or the other guys? wonder if there are two completely different stories.

and i got used to the graphics of the Avernum games really quickly. it's simple and old looking but it works.

#1472 DonaldBlank

DonaldBlank

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Dont know if it was posted, but there's a 1-game minimum right now.

#1473 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:14 PM

Thanks for the head's up.

#1474 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Thanks got Spellforce.. All I really wanted was Millennium 2 and I had Oddworld.

#1475 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Tobe's Vertical Adventure has unlocked. Geneforge Saga is the new bonus. 6,500 bundles sold to unlock.

#1476 poxi

poxi

something went wrong

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:46 PM

Geneforge Saga is the new bonus. 6,500 bundles sold to unlock.

Sweet! Another repeat from IR, which I skipped due to steep price.

#1477 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

Sweet! Another repeat from IR, which I skipped due to steep price.

It was also featured on IGS.. most people that wanted it already probably have it by now. The IGS deal was the best one IMO, came with GOG and Steam keys.

#1478 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

It was also featured on IGS.. most people that wanted it already probably have it by now. The IGS deal was the best one IMO, came with GOG and Steam keys.

How much was it at the Gala store? This is good for me because I didn't start buying any indie bundles until January. I missed so much.

#1479 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:59 PM

How much was it at the Gala store? This is good for me because I didn't start buying any indie bundles until January. I missed so much.

IGS = Indie Game Stand. It was a dollar for Steam + GOG keys. I don't think it's been featured on the Gala Store (but could be wrong).

#1480 Tonesque

Tonesque

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:04 PM

IGS = Indie Game Stand. It was a dollar for Steam + GOG keys. I don't think it's been featured on the Gala Store (but could be wrong).

Thanks, now there is another website I need to check for indie games.

#1481 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

Thanks, now there is another website I need to check for indie games.

It's definitely worth checking out. They have some pretty good deals now and then.

#1482 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

Finished Storm in a Teacup and got all achievements within 5 hours. Somewhat short game, but it's addictive. I recommend getting it if you like platformers.. just remember to mute the music, there's only one track for the entire game so the music gets repetitive fast..

You weren't kidding about the music. It's a two and a half minute clip that gets looped endlessly. It's pleasant enough, but I wouldn't even want to hear my favorite song endlessly looped.

As for the game itself, I'm having a heck of a time with the controls. It's just too floaty for me. It's like playing a racing game where all the tracks are made out of ice. It's a real bitch to try to make stops or change your direction. I suppose that's how something floating off the ground would handle, but I could do with a little less realism in that respect.

I guess if I play it long enough, I'd get used to it. But after playing for about 20 minutes, it seems like almost all of the difficulty in the game comes from the way the character moves.

EDIT: Yeah, it did get a little bit easier to handle after playing a bit. I've got about an hour and a half of play at this point, and I'm about 40% through the challenges. The game would probably be too easy if it controlled like a normal platformer.

Edited by The End, 25 March 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#1483 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:23 PM

Going to get Spellforce Platinum and not sure what my other game should be.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#1484 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:25 PM

Going to get Spellforce Platinum and not sure what my other game should be.

Well you only need to buy one game right now. So that should solve that problem for you.

#1485 Green Card200

Green Card200

The Time Mage

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

Well you only need to buy one game right now. So that should solve that problem for you.

Did this happen today? I think I checked yesterday or the day before and you still needed two. Either way thanks I picked it up.

Currently Playing - :3ds:  Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

Recently Completed -   :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Reborn 7/12   :pc: Divinity II: Ego Draconis 7/23  :pc: Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut 8/12

#1486 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

They periodically have special periods during the Build-A-Bundles where you only need to buy one game. Most times they do it for a day halfway though the bundle, then they usually also do this for the final 12-15 hours of a bundle. So in the future, if you're just interested in one game, wait for the one game minimum special.

#1487 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

GOGger's Unite!! :)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:00 AM

Whens the next bundle likely to crop up?
Posted Image

#1488 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Whens the next bundle likely to crop up?

They have a few bundles planned for next month, some of them will last 48 hours.

#1489 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

They have a few bundles planned for next month, some of them will last 48 hours.

Thats fine but i was wondering if the next one was next week? (i coulda heard wrong)
Posted Image

#1490 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 10:49 AM

Thats fine but i was wondering if the next one was next week? (i coulda heard wrong)

I haven't been keeping up with the Groupees chat much, but that seems possible. I know they've got a "retro" themed bundle planned, along with another greenlight bundle.. I'm just not sure when exactly they'll launch.

#1491 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:44 PM

I haven't been keeping up with the Groupees chat much, but that seems possible. I know they've got a "retro" themed bundle planned, along with another greenlight bundle.. I'm just not sure when exactly they'll launch.

Another Build a Greenlight bundle? Their first was amazing, one of the best bundles IMHO, all fresh games

#1492 smurfinaus

smurfinaus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

So whens the next groupee bundle likely to be? guess Wed/thurs?.
Posted Image

#1493 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:38 AM

I will guess next tuesday.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#1494 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:15 AM

They have a lot of bundles planned for this month so I think this Wednesday or Thursday is a good guess.

#1495 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 11:56 AM

Next site for the bundle is up
It is a "retro" bundle.
These are the clues that Shifty has dropped in chat about the games:

+ All indie games in this one
+ Games included are made in a 8-bit style
+ Games included are Steam, Desura and DRM-Free and for Windows, Mac, Linux (not all are multiplatform though)
+ Some games are on Greenlight as well, which means free steam keys
+ Bundle will start within 24 hours
+ None of the games have been in our bundle before, and i believe only one has been in a bundle at all before

#1496 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

My guess for the previously bundled game is "LaserCat". It fits the cat hint from the Build a Bundle 5 page that was meant for the retro bundle.

#1497 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:20 PM

My guess for the previously bundled game is "LaserCat".

Pew! Pew!

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#1498 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

My guess for the previously bundled game is "LaserCat". It fits the cat hint from the Build a Bundle 5 page that was meant for the retro bundle.

Great little platformer, loved it (though a bit short).

#1499 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Video is up, games and price were announced. Maybe the cat hint wasn't for this bundle, or it wasn't a hint at all? lol

$3 for:

- Forceline
- Dead Pixels
- 8-Bit Commando
- Smooth Operators
- Bleed
- Anodyne

#1500 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Video is up, games and price were announced. Maybe the cat hint wasn't for this bundle, or it wasn't a hint at all? lol

$3 for:

- Forceline
- Dead Pixels
- 8-Bit Commando
- Smooth Operators
- Bleed
- Anodyne

With links to their Desura pages, since I hadn't heard of some of these:

I'll probably get this to add to my indie backlog (and now regret buying Anodyne from the Humble store, even if it was for a buck...)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free