Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Medieval Bundle + Shiyloot 8 + Preorder BM15 for $2 (See OP for details)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
11191 replies to this topic

#3241 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

New Adventure & RPG Groupees bundle coming up tonight:

http://groupees.com/arpg

Mostly repeats though...

#3242 awestover89

awestover89

So Much Backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

Mostly repeats though...

From the video most didn't really look like action or rpg, at least not what comes to my mind. Then again, I've seen action as sort of a catch-all

#3243 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

In for reef shot, pickers and rune

#3244 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:37 PM

For those that want a quick list:

2 games for $1.50 minimum. Very odd selections, but I will get at least Pickers and maybe They Breathe and Aztaka.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3245 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

Mostly repeats though...

Most of them aren't repeats for me. I skipped Vox on IGS because I knew it was coming to Groupees (was a recent addition to their greenlight collection page at the time), and I skipped the IR with They Breathe in it.. I only have 2 of the games from this bundle (Aztaka and Time Gentlemen Please/Ben There Dan That), which is pretty good compared to the new IR lol.

#3246 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 11:52 PM

Definitely in for Rune.  Might wait to see if there's a $0.75 day.

#3247 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

I say this half-jokingly, but here's the CAG definition of a great vs awful bundle (and I'm not just talking about Groupees):

"I already own 80% of the games in the bundle" - it sux!

"I only own 20% of the games in the bundle" - it rox!

The quality of the games seems to matter less than one would think.

#3248 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:44 AM

As the arbiter of good taste I will make the final decisions:

Vox - Crappier version of Cube World

Crappy games from Gun Monkey devs - Crap

They Breathe - Crappy Aquaria ripoff

Aztaka - Crap

Reef Shot - Crap

Pickers - Where's Mike and Frank and Danielle?

Rune Classic - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH

#3249 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

I say this half-jokingly, but here's the CAG definition of a great vs awful bundle (and I'm not just talking about Groupees):

"I already own 80% of the games in the bundle" - it sux!

"I only own 20% of the games in the bundle" - it rox!

The quality of the games seems to matter less than one would think.

When the CAG saw the breadth of his indie collection he wept, for there were no more bundles left to conquer.

#3250 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:09 AM

As the arbiter of good taste I will make the final decisions:

Vox - Crappier version of Cube World

Crappy games from Gun Monkey devs - Crap

They Breathe - Crappy Aquaria ripoff

Aztaka - Crap

Reef Shot - Crap

Pickers - Where's Mike and Frank and Danielle?

Rune Classic - YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAH

so just to be clear, you've played all of these and aren't just basing your opinion off trailers and others ^_~

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#3251 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:59 AM

I am omnipotent.

#3252 mguiddy

mguiddy

'nives 'n 'nades

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:03 AM

What about omniscient?

#3253 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

so just to be clear, you've played all of these and aren't just basing your opinion off trailers and others ^_~

Mooby is the Indie Gamer God. He knows everything about indie games. In fact, the next Indie Royale will be called The Indie Gamer God bundle, it'll have games handpicked by him.

#3254 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:07 AM

FWIW, I played through and beat Pickers in one sitting and had a blast. I am a big fan of the American Pickers TV show so I may be slightly biased, but I found the haggling/selling aspect to be a unique addition to the hidden object genre.

I also have no idea why they'd classify it as an adventure or RPG. It's a hidden object game with some additional features.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3255 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

I'll rep for Ben There Dan That. Don't know about the rest, though I have Aztaka from another bundle. Man, Rune is OLD, I remember back when that came out.

#3256 sunasun

sunasun

Count Burgula approves and endorses this member title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Picking up Pickers for my wife and maybe They Breathe, Rune Classic, and Vox for myself.

spoderman And tebow like this

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

Add my two accounts for free games!!!!

http://steamcommunity.com/id/relysis http://steamcommunit...561198124339261

#3257 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Maybe Rune Classic?  Maybe Rune Classic? MAYBE Rune Classic?!?!?! You will do it!

#3258 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Maybe Rune Classic?  Maybe Rune Classic? MAYBE Rune Classic?!?!?! You will do it!

hypnotoad.jpg

I will do it  :)

Bacon-Cheeseburger-160x160.jpegmidnightoriginal__94722.1354255776.178.1  mysterd likes this

#3259 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:33 AM

Hmmm, might break the cardinal rule and double dip for Pickers on Steam.  Awesome game.  Have it on Amazon, but only paid 2.99 for it so another .75 isn't crazy... is it?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3260 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:36 AM

Hmmm, might break the cardinal rule and double dip for Pickers on Steam.  Awesome game.  Have it on Amazon, but only paid 2.99 for it so another .75 isn't crazy... is it?

I think it's crazy that you paid $2.99 for it (being all hardcore-CAG and all).

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3261 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

^ That.

#3262 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

I think it's crazy that you paid $2.99 for it (being all hardcore-CAG and all).

Not only did he pay $2.99 for it, I'm pretty sure he announced he did so at the time.

#3263 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

It's all relative.  MSRP for Pickers on Steam is $9.99 and they sell the disc version at Target for a ridiculous $19.99, so $2.99 or $1.99 casual games are usually around the sweet spot, though I prefer $1 per casual game when they put out those $20  collections with $20 games. 

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#3264 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:50 AM

Aztaka is terrible. Terrible animation, terrible platforming mechanics, terrible combat, terrible bugs, terrible terrible terrible.

I was super excited to try it out when I got it (both on IGS and in a MacApps bundle), and I couldn't force myself to play it longer than an hour or two. It's just awful. The level art is passable, while the characters and enemies look like they were plucked from Baldur's Gate (or some equally old isometric RPG with "3D" characters), blown up, and forced onto a 2D plane. It just doesn't work.

The story is boring as hell too, and I enjoy anything related to mythology. It's just a total flop on every level.

tl;dr, If you don't have Aztaka for some reason, DON'T BUY IT NOW.

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#3265 pantsattack

pantsattack

Grant Thrift Auto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

Oh, yea!  I've been waiting for a deal on Pickers.  I'll get that and Vox or a couple others.

#3266 sunasun

sunasun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:48 AM

Aztaka is terrible. Terrible animation, terrible platforming mechanics, terrible combat, terrible bugs, terrible terrible terrible.

I was super excited to try it out when I got it (both on IGS and in a MacApps bundle), and I couldn't force myself to play it longer than an hour or two. It's just awful. The level art is passable, while the characters and enemies look like they were plucked from Baldur's Gate (or some equally old isometric RPG with "3D" characters), blown up, and forced onto a 2D plane. It just doesn't work.

The story is boring as hell too, and I enjoy anything related to mythology. It's just a total flop on every level.

they know it sucks, so they'll add cards...    :bouncy:

#3267 asheskitty

asheskitty

Level 3 SJW Social_Justice_Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

From playing the demo.  I agree.  I likened it to crappy '90s shareware.

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#3268 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

I'm never buying a bundle right as the bundle goes live again. Next time I'll wait at least 30 minutes. Groupees bugged out and didn't give me the bundle after paying via paypal (payment showed "completed" on my paypal account), so I had to talk to Shifty via their support tab to get it added.

#3269 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

I'm never buying a bundle right as the bundle goes live again. Next time I'll wait at least 30 minutes. Groupees bugged out and didn't give me the bundle after paying via paypal (payment showed "completed" on my paypal account), so I had to talk to Shifty via their support tab to get it added.

spoder premature bundleator...

#3270 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

couch slave

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:33 AM

spoder premature bundleator...

he swer that dosent usually hapen

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png