Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Nothing At The Moment (See OP for listing + 10k posts!)

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
10476 replies to this topic

#541 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

The goal for 8500 units sold is Kung Fu Strike

Sweet! And looks like we'll probably make it.

#542 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:36 AM

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the Groupees staff (specifically Johnny.) He basically let the chatters come up with the goal, and purposely made it something quickly attainable. The fact that he interacts with the customers and gives hints, etc. is pretty cool tool.

I've been a fan of Groupees since BM2 though. I missed BM1, but managed to get all of the games. Wish I didn't miss out on BaB2 though.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#543 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:40 AM

I've gotta say, I'm impressed with the Groupees staff (specifically Johnny.) He basically let the chatters come up with the goal, and purposely made it something quickly attainable. The fact that he interacts with the customers and gives hints, etc. is pretty cool tool.

I've been a fan of Groupees since BM2 though. I missed BM1, but managed to get all of the games. Wish I didn't miss out on BaB2 though.

You know, I was one of the main people giving Groupees hell after BM1, but man have they gotten everything together and made me feel guilty for ever being critical of them. They are easily my #2 bundle site after IR.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#544 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

You know, I was one of the main people giving Groupees hell after BM1, but man have they gotten everything together and made me feel guilty for ever being critical of them. They are easily my #2 bundle site after IR.

[-(

Posted Image

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#545 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:48 AM

A relatively new bonus game? I'm sold. They only need 750 more purchases with 11 days left.

#546 MIND LINK

MIND LINK

MURDER ALL RAPPERS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

The goal for 8500 units sold is Kung Fu Strike

That trailer is making my pants a little tight in the crotch. Can't wait.

MARS

#547 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:53 AM

I'm a big KFS fan. It's brutally difficult though and not really expertly designed. It's made by Chinese people with a lot of ideas and not a lot of sophistication. I liked it but it is ABSURDLY hard at times. Kinda like Ninja Gaiden difficulty and pacing-wise without such sophisticated combat
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#548 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

[-(

Posted Image

Yawn.

They are the originators, but not the best that ever did it.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#549 Jokerkun890

Jokerkun890

Jokerness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, I missed BM1, and don't even really remember why people were upset with them. I think their site was really buggy? I remember people being a tad cautious with BM2 but that seems to all be gone now.

HIB is obviously my #1 - mainly because of HIB 5 and 6. Royale was number two for me, but lately I have skipped alot of their bundles, so it's dropped down for me, personally, not quality wise. I think Groupees is my #2, lol.

jokerkun890.png

joker-kun890.png

#550 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Yawn.

They are the originators, but not the best that ever did it.

I know, and I 100% agree with you (both posts), but HIB just draws my love for some reason. =P

#551 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

I know, and I 100% agree with you (both posts), but HIB just draws my love for some reason. =P

I think HIB is great, great site, system, games. My problem is:

#1 - I buy so many games and HiB seems to have the most repeats for me. Maybe if I grow more patient that will change.

#2 - Grouped keys? Really? So I still am paying for something I already own and get nothing in return?

#3 - Bundles don't happen often enough.

#4 - In between bundles are pretty weak IMO.

#5 - It is the Apple of indie bundles... snobby...lol

#552 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

#1 - I buy so many games and HiB seems to have the most repeats for me. Maybe if I grow more patient that will change.

#2 - Grouped keys? Really? So I still am paying for something I already own and get nothing in return?

Lmfao... +5

#553 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

Absolutely agree on the grouped keys point. What a pain in the ass.

#554 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:27 AM

I'd rather have a unified key that I can get for a buck than separate keys that are gonna cost me $5.

#555 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:33 AM

Thought I posted in here, but yeah, probably one of the best packs I've bought so far for $5. Great timing that Stranger's Wrath HD was in this (not really interested in the other Oddworld games). All the other games were just extra for me since I didn't have any of them.

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

#556 Eldredpe

Eldredpe

Disconcerted

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

I'd rather have a unified key that I can get for a buck than separate keys that are gonna cost me $5.

I guess I'm not really seeing your point.

HIB has prices to beat to get the full extent of the bundle as well. Nearly always more than 5$.

#557 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

BURN ALL THE BABIES

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:12 AM

If Groupees keeps it up, they're going to be the #1 bundler in a lot more peoples' books. In a way I like HIB more because it's only a buck, but their BTA incentives never interest me ($4 for a $10 game that will hit 75% off within a year?), and like was mentioned above, way too many repeats.

Groupees is probably my favorite bundler though. Their chat support is the best around (when Jonny is online) and they're really down to earth. I also like their music choices better than any of the other bundlers (and also their pure music bundles). They've given out some weak games, but also some underrated gems, and they're getting better every time.

Keep it up Groupees! Looking forward to getting Kung-Fu Strike. :D

Terraria - $1 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#558 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

Damnit, I won Kung-Fu Strike from a BGCQ steamgifts giveaway. Was looking forward to it being To The Moon lol.

#559 cojax

cojax

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

I'm really digging that kung fu strike trailer. The gameplay from the vid reminds of MK shaolin monks, and it looks we'll make the goal for it easily

#560 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Town Drunk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Damnit, I won Kung-Fu Strike from a BGCQ steamgifts giveaway. Was looking forward to it being To The Moon lol.

Glad I passed on it when it was on sale....I'm never buying an indie game from Steam again.

#561 pwnthee

pwnthee

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

You are correct. Pay $5 to get everything. Once you sign up you have a page where you go that lists all your groupees bundles and the games/keys/download keys.

Edit:
Also mini review for Neo Scavenger:
Honestly, the only reason this game even appealed to me was the post-apocalyptic theme. Sucker for anything post apocalyptic/zombie. This is pretty old school game. Turn based tile game play. You roam around trying to find stuff and encountering people/bandits/etc. There is no voice acting, just text. Didn't get too far into the game and usually hate this type of game, but enjoyed what I played so far and can see myself going back to it.

Thank you for the clarification. I just got done giving them my money.

Thanks for the mini Review, too. Also a Fallout/Post apocalypse fan, so this sounds appealing to me.
Billy Mitchell is better than you.

#562 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:44 PM

Just hit the 8500 mark, so Kung Fu Strike's steam key should now be in your downloads page.

#563 Blade

Blade

Adolescent Genetically Altered Shinobi Terrapin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:42 PM

Nice! Just redeemed Kung Fu Strike. I'm really happy they decided to add KFS to the bundle despite being a relatively new game with good reviews. This will be the 14th game I've bought on Steam in the past week. So much for working through my backlog...

As per favorite bundle group, Groupees has blown past Humble to secure second place for me. HIB 4 will always be one of my favorite bundles, but Groupees provides some great (and horrible) games more frequently and for a lower price. I'm not a fan of IR since I prefer Steam over Desura, but only because I started using Steam first and dislike having multiple third-party clients on my computer. Indie Gala takes the top spot for me; not all of their games are good, but the price during group buys is unbeatable for the amount of games you get. The best part about Gala is how they surprise you with great games and crap at the same time; came out with four Worms games and some other games for 96 cents on IG9. And all of the keys are separate.

#564 TheGhostrider

TheGhostrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Buying my bundle in a couple of minutes. Nice games for $5. Don't have any of them.

#565 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

Somebody sell me on Stranger's Wrath. I'm having trouble working up the energy on this one as I have KB from Gamersgate and Tropico 3 on Steam.
698770.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#566 windwakr

windwakr

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:10 PM

This is a pretty good bundle. Been wanting to get Tropico and King's Bounty for a while.

...I prefer Steam over Desura, but only because I started using Steam first and dislike having multiple third-party clients on my computer....

You don't even need the client for Desura, you can download your games right off the website.

#567 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

You don't even need the client for Desura, you can download your games right off the website.

This should be advertised more - I was very happy when I realized this. Especially since their client doesn't have Mac support, but they still plenty of games with Mac versions you can download directly.

#568 .Azaria

.Azaria

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

So if I buy this now and they unlock anything else I'd automatically get it too?

#569 speedwerd

speedwerd

That Groupees OP Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:35 PM

So if I buy this now and they unlock anything else I'd automatically get it too?

Yes

#570 MC Kage

MC Kage

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:08 AM

Glad I passed on it when it was on sale....I'm never buying an indie game from Steam again.

This. So tru

Posted Image
Lenovo IdeaPad Y470 | XBL: MC Kage | Official NBA 2K13 PC Thread | The BackLoggery

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free