Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Sometime Tuesdays Pretentious Bundle + Microids BaB Adventure 2 + Music Bundles + See OP

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
9491 replies to this topic

#901 Josh1billion

Josh1billion

日本語の学生

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 03:39 AM

It's running fine here on Win 8 64 so I can't see why it wouldn't on Win 7.

Did you try running in Windows XP Compatibility mode?

Also I activated and download my copy from Desura, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the suggestion, but no luck with Compatibility mode. :/ I'm using a Desura copy as well. Tried re-downloading it in Desura, but that didn't help, either. Still no response from the developers.. damn.

Josh1billion.png

Random Garfield - comic generator

Thumb socks? More like penis hoodies...  :D/

#902 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

Wait, so they added a beta for a game that anyone can get, at any time, for free? What the hell kind of a half-ass bonus is that?

#903 marsilies

marsilies

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Wait, so they added a beta for a game that anyone can get, at any time, for free? What the hell kind of a half-ass bonus is that?

It's not the beta (which everyone has to pay for), and it's not the free demo of the beta, but an extended demo version of the beta.

From the Driftmoon developers:
http://www.instantki...enlight-bundle/

Our friends at Groupees have put together a Build a Greenlight Bundle, featuring games that definitely deserve getting Greenlit on Steam. Today's special will be an extra special extended edition of the Driftmoon demo, which pretty much doubles the length of the demo. Currently the Groupees special is also the only way to see the game's full ending, before we release the final beta to our preorderers. We don't get a penny from the deal, but it's always nice that new people hear about Driftmoon.

#904 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:31 AM

Which one, Driftmoon? It their 'indie spotlight' to help promote the game. The developers aren't getting any money for it.

Probably not the best choice, especially to call it a bonus, because it may cause nerdrage backlash but honestly there's already a bunch of games cheap, plus you get La Mulana and Underrail with Desura keys and Steam keys if/when they get Greenlit no matter what, even if you spend 75 cents and get one game.

It's kind of hard to complain about 3 games for 75 cents. If they want to throw a demo in there to help an indie developer try and get some more attention, I'm fine with that.

steam_sig.png

#905 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

A demo? Have to say, that is pretty lame, but considering how many bonuses this bundle has had, can't really complain.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#906 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

A demo? Have to say, that is pretty lame, but considering how many bonuses this bundle has had, can't really complain.

Yeah I knew people here would say that. That's kind of why I went *sigh* when they did that. I know why they did it because they aren't getting paid and need the exposure.

It's a great little game that I really believe it and bought the alpha version early on and it has come long way. Also they went and allowed a lot more extra content in the Groupees demo.

But still, when all is said and done when you tell a bunch of cheapasses who are buying these bundies for pocket change that they get a non full version of a game as a "bonus" yeah they're not going to be happy.

steam_sig.png

#907 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yeah I knew people here would say that. That's kind of why I went *sigh* when they did that. I know why they did it because they aren't getting paid and need the exposure.

It's a great little game that I really believe it and bought the alpha version early on and it has come long way. Also they went and allowed a lot more extra content in the Groupees demo.

But still, when all is said and done when you tell a bunch of cheapasses who are buying these bundies for pocket change that they get a non full version of a game as a "bonus" yeah they're not going to be happy.

Pretty much. I love Groupees though. I think I've only skipped one of their bundles (the Halloween one) since I've known about them. This is, to date, one of the best bundles they've put out, so it's really not a big deal to throw a demo in.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#908 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

So they've done the demo thing again? They did that with the last bundle (with a game called Rico) and it was a pretty unpopular choice.

I don't have a problem with throwing a demo in (provided it isn't just the normal demo), but I don't like how it's a separate bonus tier - it should really be unlocked at the same time as an album or something else.

#909 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

So they've done the demo thing again? They did that with the last bundle (with a game called Rico) and it was a pretty unpopular choice.

I don't have a problem with throwing a demo in (provided it isn't just the normal demo), but I don't like how it's a separate bonus tier - it should really be unlocked at the same time as an album or something else.

I thought Rico was an alpha not on Steam or Desura? I didn't think it was a demo.

bZ2g3eF.png

#910 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

I thought Rico was an alpha not on Steam or Desura? I didn't think it was a demo.

They said that it's an extended demo.

#911 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:33 PM

They said that it's an extended demo.

INDIE SPOTLIGHT: DRM-FREE for PC/MAC/Linux. Special Groupees Alpha Build! Rico is an old school jump’n’run game! Run across the levels, jump over obstacles, climb mountains, explore caves, swim through water. Collect coins throughout each level. Avoid mines, acid pits and various deadly enemies along the way. Find upgrades to get abilities like high jump or wall climbing. Reach magic stones to activate checkpoints. Find and use weapons to combat enemies. Fly with a jetpack. Face off against enemies in epic boss battles. Find hidden areas. Hop on moving platforms. 4 difficulty levels to keep you challenged. If you like platformers, you’ll love Rico!

Where did you see that Rico was an extended demo? All I can see (and saw) is that it's an alpha build. Then again, if Groupees never offers updates to it, it's not much better than a demo.

bZ2g3eF.png

#912 walkonshadows

walkonshadows

Terminal CAGtosis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

How the hell do you know when they've stopped adding bonuses. It literally overlapping the percentage counter now.

Anyone who wants a 72-Hour guest pass to The Secret World, just PM me your email.

LeCuPXZ.jpgUUVGik1.jpgDEjnR1E.jpg

CEh38V2.jpgKxJkMdH.jpgJtnnbZt.jpg

#913 Detruire

Detruire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:18 AM

Where did you see that Rico was an extended demo? All I can see (and saw) is that it's an alpha build. Then again, if Groupees never offers updates to it, it's not much better than a demo.

I remember the dev saying (in the chat - he was in there for quite a while) that Groupees said that they didn't want the full game, but I'm not sure if he explicitly said that it was a demo - or whether I interpreted 'not the full game' as being a demo.

#914 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:31 AM

How the hell do you know when they've stopped adding bonuses. It literally overlapping the percentage counter now.

Uh, when the bundle is over?

They tend to keep adding and adding bonuses, especially with this bundle. Even if it's 75% music free is free and that's okay by me.

steam_sig.png

#915 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:42 AM

Uh, when the bundle is over?

They tend to keep adding and adding bonuses, especially with this bundle. Even if it's 75% music free is free and that's okay by me.

Do you realize you just made a rhyme? That means... You could be a rapper, ikotoMo Dawg!

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#916 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:43 AM

Do you realize you just made a rhyme? That means... You could be a rapper!

DJ TokiDAWG!

bZ2g3eF.png

#917 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:46 AM

Hmm Jonny Cappucino just said this in the chat (and can I just complain for the billionth time that I hate that Groupees uses a 1990s AOL style chat room to disseminate their information?)

Jonny Cappuccino
4:34 PM
but the last bonus, if i can make happen, will be still pretty sweet

Jonny Cappuccino
4:35 PM
something to look forward to

Jonny Cappuccino
4:35 PM
btw, i should know by tomorrow if i've been successful in my efforts

Jonny Cappuccino
4:36 PM
i'm tring to add one that wasn't originally planned

Jonny Cappuccino
4:36 PM
so an extra extra

Jonny Cappuccino
4:44 PM
have a BIG music bundle launching soon

next game bundle in jan

steam_sig.png

#918 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:32 AM

Posted Image
AKANEIRO: DEMON HUNTERS (CLOSED BETA)
Groupees Exclusive Closed Beta Access to all Bundle Buyers! Beta invite coming once bundle closes. Akaneiro: Demon Hunters is a unique Action-RPG adventure presented within a vivid and expressive hand-painted style world. Featuring narrative themes driven by the classic Red Riding Hood tale merged with Eastern Folklore. Discover fantastic locales, meet bizarre characters and hunt ancient demons, all set to the backdrop of late Edo period Japan.

*Edit: This game is by Spicy Horse which is the Chinese software developer that did Alice: The Madness Returns.

TL;DR for the below is it's a closed beta for a game that will eventually be F2P. He's working to try to get one last non-beta bonus game in the bundle still.

Jonny Cappuccino
6:51 PM
so new bonus added
you can refresh your browsers if you want to see

Jonny Cappuccino
6:57 PM
*waiting with baited breath for comments/complaints*

Emre
6:57 PM
This person is speaking Turkish -- Enable Translation
oh beta again :/ kinda let down for me

Jonny Cappuccino
6:58 PM
understand...

don't like to letdown our fans

but La-Mulana + Underrail were the featured bonuses

and I think we did well with those

Emre
6:59 PM
yeah they are the greatest

Jonny Cappuccino
though this is simply a closed beta invite, the game is really fun
having played myself

Emre
i'm sure getting extra games are hard but the thing i dont install beta games :(

Jonny Cappuccino
7:00 PM
understand
well, maybe I can deliver one final game
am endeavoring with all my might
a real game
lol

Emre
lol

Jonny Cappuccino
and i do wield weaponry that would make the Pentagon modest
if it is required to persuade

Paul
7:24 PM
What does closed beta mean?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:24 PM
sometimes devs allow anyone to participate in a beta
just request and they send you a key/invite
closed means the public isn't invited

Paul
7:25 PM
We don't get the full game of Akaneiro?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:26 PM
mind you, i didn't source this bundle
but from what i understand Akaneiro will eventually be released as a free game

Paul
Free or free to play?

Jonny Cappuccino
sorry, think free to play
but a bit unclear to me
this is Shifty's bonus

Paul
7:27 PM
So it's like Dota 2 then? Lots of keys given out but no premium content?

Jonny Cappuccino
7:28 PM
reluctant to say exactly
for now, u get to play a game that no one else can
and it's fun

Paul
7:28 PM
Well as long as it's finishable w/o the need to pay

steam_sig.png

#919 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 05:32 AM

Sweet, I think I voted for that game on Greenlight. Looks promising.

bZ2g3eF.png

#920 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:19 AM

Effin' Desura has been down all night! And here I wanted to redeem and try Salvation Prophecy tonight...

bZ2g3eF.png

#921 NoUse4AName68

NoUse4AName68

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

None of the codes I got are working? Anyone have issues getting these games on Steam?

#922 dragon_image18

dragon_image18

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

These are Desura keys, not Steam.

#923 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...

Anyway, more Groupees chat

TL;DR: Last bonus is an adventure game. On Greenlight. Remake of an old game. Due to be released in January. PC and Mac. The classic version is PC only.

(me: Leisure Suit Larry maybe?)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:09 AM
well was working on getting yet another game bonus for this bundle
since there are so few games already

Anne (Driftmoon)
9:10 AM
This person is speaking Finnish -- Enable Translation
Ha :)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:10 AM
and with all my considerable charm
i was able to persuade another dev to join the fun here

Davide Roriz
9:11 AM
This person is speaking Portuguese -- Enable Translation
I wonder if that game will be as awesome as you are Jonny :)

Jonny Cappuccino
not likely

Anne (Driftmoon)
Way to go Jonny! :)

Jonny Cappuccino
9:12 AM
but i'm pleased to say it is a genre not well represented in this bundle
adventure!

Anne (Driftmoon)
Sounds good!

Jonny Cappuccino
and it's two for one
that is one bonus, two games
one classic, one new
**** i'm good

Davide Roriz
9:13 AM
This person is speaking Portuguese -- Enable Translation
is the new already released or still under development? :P

Jonny Cappuccino
the new one is on greenlight

Jonny Cappuccino
mac + pc
but due to be released in january
the classic is pc only
fun surprises!
i'm horrible keeping surprises secret
so don't torture me
i'll surely crack

steam_sig.png

#924 Financial Panther

Financial Panther

Qui audet adipiscitur

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

Okay, this bundle is awesome. Bought!

#925 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

*tapttap* Hello? Is this thing on?

Jonny Cappuccino
12:38 PM
two more real games are coming

Jonny Cappuccino
12:38 PM
final bonus
more games

steam_sig.png

#926 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

I pretty much only want these games if they're going to eventually get Greenlighted. What are the chances of that? Some of these do look really good though.

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#927 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

I'll probably get this for La Mulana, but honestly I'm disappointed only two of the games are on Mac.

#928 KillingMachine

KillingMachine

CAGnificent!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

I feel like this is a great bundle and only me and two other people here give a crap about it. Oh well...

Three people! I think this is one of the better bundles Groupees have thrown together. Super low entry fee, pick what you want and good bonuses. I'd wanted to try La-Mulana for a while and was pretty shocked to see it as a bonus. If they want to keep throwing me even more bonuses, I'll take 'em.

#929 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

I care. I'm just far from home with limited computer access. I'm glad to see your posts updating the info on the bundle, but it's not like it's not like it's going to make me run out and buy this bundle. I grabbed it a good week ago.

(And the LSL remake would be an awesome bonus.)

#930 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:09 PM

La Mulana and Salvation Prophecy are all but certain to get Greenlit. Not entirely sure on the others but Tsel you should come around to the ways of Desura. It's really not bad. ;)

The next bonus is also supposed to have a Mac version FYI.

steam_sig.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free