Photo
* * * * * 9 votes

Groupees: Sometime Tuesdays Pretentious Bundle + Microids BaB Adventure 2 + Music Bundles + See OP

Music Bundle Game Indie Backlog Groupees Steam Desura DRM Free

• Please log in to reply
9487 replies to this topic

#1651 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:07 PM

The Topware bundle is, in my opinion, almost entirely trash.

The Alpha Bundle intrigues me, but I have a few questions.

1) This is full ownership over these games, not just an alpha purchase, right?
2) Any thoughts on Realm Explorer?

Looks like a prettier version of Minecraft with a few additional aspects, which isn't a bad thing by any means.

Yes, it's full ownership of the games since you get Desura keys which will allow you to download all future updates from Desura.

#1652 juanjava

juanjava

El ojo en el cielo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:14 PM

I like the topware bundle. Already have Earth 2160 on GMG and Steam, but will get 2140, 2150 and 2160 on GOG just to get the complete series. Same with JA Wildfire. It's the one I'm missing to get my JA2 collection complete on Steam.

I'm also looking at Pirates of Black Cove. The game looks nice

#1653 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

Is there any reason to have ALL of the Earth games if I'm not a big strategy gamer? Or is there one that is generally better than the others? Also, does anyone know how the Panzer Claws game is?

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1654 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:22 PM

La-Mulana Steam keys should be going out today.

Hey guys,

People should be getting the codes today. I just received them myself and am passing them on to the proper parties (our playism coders, groupees, and desura).

I will hop in here again when the PLAYISM keys actually go out!

sudo mklove

#1655 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:57 PM

La-Mulana Steam keys should be going out today.

Great news! Thanks

fs_overall.png

#1656 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:59 PM

Pirates of Black Cove Gold Edition its a really good game, GET IT.

fs_overall.png

#1657 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:57 AM

Are Earth 2140, 2150, and 2160 the same versions as are available on Gamersgate with expansions?

#1658 speedwerd

speedwerd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

Are Earth 2140, 2150, and 2160 the same versions as are available on Gamersgate with expansions?

From the GoG Page:

The Trilogy includes the original Earth 2140 campaign along with Mission Pack 1 and Final Conflict Mission Pack

The Trilogy includes the original Earth 2150 campaign along with both expansions: The Moon Project and Lost Souls

So it seems 2140 and 50 have the expansions

#1659 Necrotron

Necrotron

Now with strawberry!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:56 AM

When was that?

I have Jagged Alliance - Unfinished Business from when it was in the Interplay name-your-own-price deal, but no Wildfire.

Doh, you're right.

#1660 Wapcaplet

Wapcaplet

Ancient Ass Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:28 PM

Steam keys for La Mulana are now up (from Build a Greenlight Bundle).

#1661 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

Yay, got my La Mulana key. And I bet I'm not the only one who bought extra bundles during the $.75 minimum purchase period, eheh.

#1662 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

Is there any reason to have ALL of the Earth games if I'm not a big strategy gamer? Or is there one that is generally better than the others? Also, does anyone know how the Panzer Claws game is?

I was wondering the same thing about Panzer Claws. It's a game that's over 10 years old that seems to be in the same genre as a game like Blitzkrieg or the Men of War games. The really old reviews I found on IGN, GameSpot, and Strategy Informer seem to indicate it's a decent game (although not particularly unique), but I wonder how outdated it is.

Apparently, there is a demo, but I haven't tried it yet: http://www.fileplane...Claws-Demo-(US)

I think I'm more interested in the bonus game, Knights & Merchants, than any of the other ones. I'd think about picking up Pirates of the Black Cove if it redeemed on Steam, but I'd rather not deal with yet another site if I can avoid it. As is, I think I'll wait for a "buy one game only" period and go with Panzer Claws, if only to get the bonus game.

#1663 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:05 PM

Topware bundle just hit the first (and previously only) goal and they've added a new bonus: World War 3: Black Gold. Unlocks @ 2,500 bundles sold.

#1664 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:13 PM

Pirates of Black Cove Gold Edition its a really good game, GET IT.

I was interested in it... then read IGN's review that KILLED it.

Is the Gold edition really that much better?

#1665 Idiotekque

Idiotekque

Kawaii desu~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:08 PM

I was interested in it... then read IGN's review that KILLED it.

Is the Gold edition really that much better?

I find that IGN is full of crap nine times out of ten.

I am a bit annoyed that the game is ONLY redeemable on Topware's site, though.

Terraria - $2 (Steam),  X3: Terran Conflict - $2 (Steam)Fable: The Lost Chapters - $2 (Steam)

bZ2g3eF.png

#1666 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:34 PM

IGN may be full of crap, but if even IGN gives a game a bad score then you know it's a crap game (and this one *is* crap by all acounts - just watch the GS review for one)

#1667 ochentay4

ochentay4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:36 PM

Also, it has some kind of DRM, it need online activation. Nevertheless, Im enjoying the game and it doesnt need to be online.

fs_overall.png

#1668 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:41 AM

Topware Bundle is doing a one game minimum special right now. No announcements about it on the chat, but I'd guess it will last until the end of the bundle. Which is a little bit over 21 hours at the moment.

EDIT: Looks like they've lowered the unlock point for the first goal in the Alpha Bundle. It was 1,500, now it's 1,275. They're 18 bundles away from hitting that mark. So we probably will get there and we'll at least get a look at what the second bonus might be.

EDIT #2: Through the magic of lowered expectations, they've hit the first bonus and revealed the second bonus. Bonus #2 is another Alpha game called Dungeon Prospector. It appears to be a rouge-like. it unlocks at 1,300, which is only 13 bundles away as I type this.

Edited by The End, 18 April 2013 - 06:39 PM.
Added Info about Alpha Bundle bonus

#1669 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:12 PM

So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from Jonny.

[quote]not sure we'll be adding anything more to the Alpha bundle
too busy finalizing things for the upcoming Build a Greenlight Bundle
want to make that especially nice
:)[/quote]

[quote]let's see, i hinted about one game
think the clue was[/quote]

[quote]BIRD[/quote]

[quote] ok, here's another clue for another game...[/quote]

[quote] You have no memories... You don't know who you are[/quote]

[quote] one more clue for yet another game[/quote]

[quote] Sandbox + Action[/quote]

[quote] so one of you has correctly identified one of the games from the 3 clues/games i provided
carry on[/quote]

[quote] ok, last clue for 4th game on greenlight
puzzle platformer[/quote]

[quote] name of the puzzle platformer is also connected to S.T.A.L.K.E.R series[/quote]

[quote] ok, that's 4 games... best stop or Shifty will get mad[/quote]

[quote] [/quote]

#1670 Drabelincoln

Drabelincoln

Elephant in the room

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:17 PM

So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from him.

Spoderman guessed the bird one, it'a crow. He also showed me groupees green light bundle page on steam, I would have to imagine that some of the games they have on there will be in this.

#1671 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

So over in the Alpha bundle chat window Jonny announced that a new Build-A-Greenlight bundle is in the works. Here are some quotes from Jonny.

I haven't been looking at the chat but..

The "BIRD" hint is for Crow, and "You have no memories... You don't know who you are" is for Grimind. That's 2 out of 4.

and.. their greenlight collection page (might help with identifying other games based on hints): http://steamcommunit...s/?id=101693295

EDIT: The STALKER hint is probably for Gravi.. so that's 3 out of 4 guessed, 1 more to go ;)

EDIT 2: Not 100% sure about this, but the final game (sandbox hint) seems like it'll be Darkout. There, all guessed!

So.. to restate

"BIRD": Crow
"You have no memories... You don't know who you are": Grimind
STALKER: Gravi
Sandbox: Darkout

Edited by spoderman, 18 April 2013 - 09:00 PM.

#1672 The End

The End

It's a Prairie Dog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 01:09 AM

Spoder is a regular indie game Sherlock Holmes.

#1673 Severose

Severose

I'm okie dokie and loopy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 02:29 AM

It's the spodey cents for sure.

CAG: a place to buy/sell/trade games the right way.

GMG ref link: $2 when you spend $2, instantly!

3687091.png76561197965577424.png

#1674 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 05:01 AM

So I ended up getting a few games in the Topware bundle, and I'm wondering about this Topware DRM. I redeemed the key for the bonus game, WW3: Black Gold, but I can't see a way to link the code or the game to my account on their site. Anyone have any luck with that, or did they seriously just give away keys that could be used by anyone?

#1675 warreni

warreni

Eminently punchable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:52 PM

So I ended up getting a few games in the Topware bundle, and I'm wondering about this Topware DRM. I redeemed the key for the bonus game, WW3: Black Gold, but I can't see a way to link the code or the game to my account on their site. Anyone have any luck with that, or did they seriously just give away keys that could be used by anyone?

Probably the latter. I don't think Topware or Zuxxez (sp?) actually do much in the way of direct game sales, so they probably don't really have site architecture in place to have user accounts with games attached. I couldn't attest to this directly because I haven't really bothered to use any of the Topware keys (mostly interested in the Gog ones).

fs_20fa6c7c0d5d11e0a23d8bb844bec87b.png

If you're not having fun, you're doing it wrong.

#1676 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

I don't believe the Topware keys can be linked to an account, what warreni is saying is true. They're useless to me, I don't trust the Topware store for downloads. I think Groupees should've stuck with DRM-free versions hosted on your Groupees download page rather than given Topware keys..

#1677 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 06:22 PM

I got busy doing other stuff last night and forgot to grab a few games from the Topware bundle like I meant to. Strangely enough, I don't seem to actually care all that much that I missed out.

#1678 DaiMonPaul

DaiMonPaul

On the Fringe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:08 PM

Probably the latter. I don't think Topware or Zuxxez (sp?) actually do much in the way of direct game sales, so they probably don't really have site architecture in place to have user accounts with games attached. I couldn't attest to this directly because I haven't really bothered to use any of the Topware keys (mostly interested in the Gog ones).

Fair enough. I wonder if there's any difference between the Topware key to, say, the WW2 game and the DRM free download that Groupees offers.

#1679 seamoss

seamoss

CAGadversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

Fair enough. I wonder if there's any difference between the Topware key to, say, the WW2 game and the DRM free download that Groupees offers.

I downloaded K&M:TPR from Groupees and Topware and they're the same (the file names are identical).

The filenames are also the same for JA2:WF as well, so I think they're also the same.

The WW2 game only has a Topware key on my Groupees page, no Groupees DRM-free download.

Not sure if this is intentional, but my Topware key for JA2:WF gives me *two* downloads on the Topware site: one for JA2:WF and another for JA2 itself. Could be a mistake so you may want to download the Topware files before this gets fixed.

#1680 spoderman

spoderman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 09:35 PM

Build a Greenlight Bundle's page is up, goes live in 1 day and 9 hours.

http://groupees.com/bagb2

Also, new hint given. "teeth". Probably Enamel.

EDIT: Another hint. "LRS". Has to be Little Racers Street.

EDIT 2: And another hint.. "harsh measures". I'm thinking it might be Stranded Deep, not sure though. Draconian Wars may be more likely

Edited by spoderman, 20 April 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Music, Bundle, Game, Indie, Backlog, Groupees, Steam, Desura, DRM Free