Anarchy Reigns $29.99 (PS3/360)

Cool, preordered. I've been waiting on this one for a while now.

[quote name='slowpantz']If this is an official price change...then this has me worried about the quality of this game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't worry. Platinum hasn't made a bad game yet, and the JP demo is great.

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I wonder if they would actually honor this. I know they honored the glitch with the buy War in the North and get Fear 2 and a shirt for free. (you were suppose to pay 39.99 ($20 off 59.99, but it was actually subtracting it twice, totaling out to $19.99 for everything).

If you are wondering about the quality, try out the Japanese demo (you can change the entire demo to English, and it has English and Japanese voices/subtitles options).

EDIT: I'm not a big multiplayer person, but I really liked the multiplayer for this game.

Which platform is the lead? I don't care about controllers, Blu-Ray, Xbox Live Gold, etc.; just want to play the game on the platform it performs best on.

Im interested and I thought it was coming this August so its been delayed...well for $30 I dont think I can say no

my guess would be 360 due to the bayonetta experience.

[quote name='Bosamba']Which platform is the lead? I don't care about controllers, Blu-Ray, Xbox Live Gold, etc.; just want to play the game on the platform it performs best on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kube00']Im interested and I thought it was coming this August so its been delayed...well for $30 I dont think I can say no[/QUOTE]

updated OP cuz Sega confirmed it's coming in 2013. A long wait.

[quote name='Bosamba']Which platform is the lead? I don't care about controllers, Blu-Ray, Xbox Live Gold, etc.; just want to play the game on the platform it performs best on.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the one of the guys at Platinum said that all their games would have the PS3 as the lead platform, since things got so messed up when porting Bayonetta. I know that Vanquish had the PS3 as lead platform.

EDIT:
Yeah, here's a link stating that both Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising are using the PS3 as lead: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1169676/ps3_is_lead_platform_for_metal_gear_rising_platinum.html

[quote name='LiK']updated OP cuz Sega confirmed it's coming in 2013. A long wait.[/QUOTE]

The delay itself makes no sense since the game was complete and ready to ship.

i stand corrected. good to know, since i prefer it on ps3. thanks man

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I'm pretty sure the one of the guys at Platinum said that all their games would have the PS3 as the lead platform, since things got so messed up when porting Bayonetta. I know that Vanquish had the PS3 as lead platform.

EDIT:
Yeah, here's a link stating that both Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising are using the PS3 as lead: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1169676/ps3_is_lead_platform_for_metal_gear_rising_platinum.html[/QUOTE]

This is def. a mistake on GS's behalf but placed the preorder for in store pick up.

They're using the PS3 engine mainly because Bayonetta had a lot of controversy of the PS3 version being shit. I remember when they started Vanquish, PS3 was the lead platform. Then they started to use PS3 more as their lead platform. Good idea because it's easy to convert any game to the 360, PS3 takes more time.

[quote name='themaster20000']The delay itself makes no sense since the game was complete and ready to ship.[/QUOTE]

yea, not sure what's going on with Sega. Apparently, Platinum's Inaba tweeted that they had no clue it would be delayed either.

[quote name='themaster20000']The delay itself makes no sense since the game was complete and ready to ship.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Plat already said themselves it wasn't an issue with the game being finished and didn't even know about the delay until the day after it had been announced, then apologized to their Western fans.

I did a google search and some people are even saying the JP version is actually already fully localized. Of course it will cost about $80-90 though. One post is even from someone from Platinum. Just an option if you can't wait til 2013.

http://community.platinumgames.com/showthread.php?333-Is-Max-Anarchy-%28Japanese-Port%29-to-feature-English-Voice-over-and-subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered a copy for PS3, why the hell not, especially if Bayonetta is supposed to be a pre-order bonus.

Are GameStop pre-orders fairly easy to cancel, I haven't pre-ordered from them since Wind Waker.

[quote name='technicalstylez']my guess would be 360 due to the bayonetta experience.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DrAndonuts']I'm pretty sure the one of the guys at Platinum said that all their games would have the PS3 as the lead platform, since things got so messed up when porting Bayonetta. I know that Vanquish had the PS3 as lead platform.

EDIT:
Yeah, here's a link stating that both Anarchy Reigns and Metal Gear Rising are using the PS3 as lead: http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1169676/ps3_is_lead_platform_for_metal_gear_rising_platinum.html[/QUOTE]

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']This is def. a mistake on GS's behalf but placed the preorder for in store pick up.

They're using the PS3 engine mainly because Bayonetta had a lot of controversy of the PS3 version being shit. I remember when they started Vanquish, PS3 was the lead platform. Then they started to use PS3 more as their lead platform. Good idea because it's easy to convert any game to the 360, PS3 takes more time.[/QUOTE]

Thanks everyone for the answer. I'll put in for a PS3 copy.

Edit: Be sure to pick it up if you chose In Store Pickup.
"If you do not pick-up the product within 48 hours of notification, we reserve the right to charge your credit card a $5.00 re-stocking fee."

I pre-ordered for the PS3. Thanks OP. Great you don't have to pay until pick up in store, so pre-ordering doesn't hurt whatsoever.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ only issue i have with not paying til pick up in store is if they change the price from now til then and try and charge u 59.99 when u pick up.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. The store price is what you pay when you pick it up, so if the stores have it for $59.99 at release that's what you'll be paying.

If anyone wants any hope of getting it for $29.99 store pickup is not the way to go unless $29.99 is somehow going to be MSRP.

From Gamestops website for those who don't believe

Will I pay the online price or the store price?

You will be paying at the store, so you'll pay the store price on the day you pick up. Most of the time our online prices and store prices are similar. Although we strive to keep our online and in-store pricing consistent, we occasionally come across special online deals that cannot be duplicated in stores or special in-store deals that cannot be duplicated online for various reasons. Rather than pass over these opportunities, we choose to allow our customers to take advantage of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01Gmq954y6g&feature=youtube_gdata_player

After watching that trailer, I'll definitely throw down a pre-order. Hope it doesn't get canceled. If this is the MSRP for the game, I'll pre order it from Best Buy. Rather have the points, and not have to deal with GS.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ only issue i have with not paying til pick up in store is if they change the price from now til then and try and charge u 59.99 when u pick up.[/QUOTE]

Oh...that's stupid. Why send me a receipt with the price and have a pre-order price guarantee and all that if the option to pick up doesn't guarantee you that price or the pre-order guarantee? So pre-ordering means nothing. Oh well, I'll cancel if that's the case when the game gets closer to release and it's going to be more expensive.

[quote name='Bosamba']Edit: Be sure to pick it up if you chose In Store Pickup.
"If you do not pick-up the product within 48 hours of notification, we reserve the right to charge your credit card a $5.00 re-stocking fee."[/QUOTE]

Its a scare tactic from everything I've been told (by both in store reps and on there phone customer service) as I had to go through a store pick up cancellation for Dragon's Dogma when Capcom came clean about the DLC already being on the disc.

^ its because its an arcade style online co-op/vs beat em up. just be happy they arent charging the full 60 bucks. i view it the same way as move titles having a release day msrp of 40.

[quote name='technicalstylez']^ its because its an arcade style online co-op/vs beat em up. just be happy they arent charging the full 60 bucks. i view it the same way as move titles having a release day msrp of 40.[/QUOTE]

It also has single player. You can choose to do the "White" or "Black" side of the story. I have no idea how long the story actually is though, so it may be primarily focused on online co-op/vs.

[quote name='TheBomb69']Picked up the PS3 version on Buy.com for $26.99[/QUOTE]

If this is a mistake then Buy.com will undoubtedly cancel orders....but they will take their sweet time in doing so

[quote name='Japakneez']With that said, interested should send amazon a price match request. If AMZ drops it then that will be the most likely success[/QUOTE]

If Amazon drops it, I will be preordering it.

bread's done
Back