Playstation 3D Display $199.99 at GameStop & Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
902 replies to this topic

#121 Fire2box

Fire2box

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:44 AM

Just a heads up to anyone considering price matching at Best Buy to purchase an extended warranty, Best Buy no longer refunds the full purchase price should the display be deemed unrepairable. The new terms (don't know when the terms changed since my last claim was back in 2006) are "comparable technology" which equates to whatever Best Buy currently sells that is comparable so you could possibly end up getting screwed down the road if you expect a full refund or exact replacement.

Considering it's a 3D monitor and the "comparable technology" it sounds like Best Buy could easily get sued for a higher priced 3D tv/monitor. :P

#122 Zippon

Zippon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:48 AM

you tell them to look at up on the gamestop website. that is what i do when i want them to price match gamestop

FYI, this doesn't always work, depending on how the manager interprets the wording of their price match guarantee:

Best Buy does not match the prices of Internet-only retailers or the website prices of our local retail competitors' stores.

Technically, this isn't a case where the website price is different from the retail price (which sometimes happens), but I've had managers say any price advertised on the web only isn't valid. Never hurts to ask, though.

#123 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:58 AM

Spoiler

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#124 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

Considering it's a 3D monitor and the "comparable technology" it sounds like Best Buy could easily get sued for a higher priced 3D tv/monitor. :P

Good luck to them trying to get someone another Simulview TV for under a couple thousand.

#125 Montymonster

Montymonster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:05 PM

I'm hoping there is something bundled in here... I would absolutely jump at it then.

Also, could anyone speak a little bit more about the 1-year warranty that comes with it? Does Sony replace it, no questions asked? Would I have to pay for shipping if I need to send it in?

#126 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

I feel like the $249.99+free shipping @ tigerdirect is a better deal for me. For $50 more i get 3 games for free. Idk im weird :/

#127 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

I feel like the $249.99+free shipping @ tigerdirect is a better deal for me. For $50 more i get 3 games for free. Idk im weird :/

Unless this price is for the bundle with extra glasses and MLB The Show, which I'd flip for a couple bucks. Then again, if you were planning on buying both Uncharted 3 and Killzone 3, it could be worth it. If you're not into the multiplayer, Uncharted 3 is a perfect rental.

#128 nightmare452

nightmare452

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Had to search for this. Great deal cause it gives you Killzone 3 and Uncharted 3 for an extra $50 (not bad).

The question is whether the Gamestop $199 version will come with extra 3d glasses (two overall). That would be a killer deal, cause those glasses are expensive!

Now playing: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare (XB1), Dark Souls (PC), Starcraft 2 (PC), Infamous: Second Son (PS4), Dead Rising 3 (XB1), Rouge Legacy (PSV).

#129 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

I got this display a while ago (before BB added in the show and additional glasses, but close enough to PA to get them free) and I've been using it as my bedroom TV with Netflix, and it works well. With the auto timer on the PS3 as soon as it shuts off the Monitor shuts down too which is a nice feature. And the simulview is totally badass for anyone wondering

#130 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

I got this display a while ago (before BB added in the show and additional glasses, but close enough to PA to get them free) and I've been using it as my bedroom TV with Netflix, and it works well. With the auto timer on the PS3 as soon as it shuts off the Monitor shuts down too which is a nice feature. And the simulview is totally badass for anyone wondering

That's pretty handy, didn't know that

#131 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

I think I'll bite, but I want to get it at BB, if I go ahead and swing by during lunch to get it, would they PM me the 100 dollar difference on Wednesday?

#132 dagarcia2678

dagarcia2678

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

I've had 1 in my office hooked up to my PS3 since November. I have not had an issue with it yet. I think I will bite on 2 more to use for my PC. Then I will have a wall of 3 on my desk! :)

#133 MrshllJcb

MrshllJcb

Drinkin High Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

That's pretty handy, didn't know that

I'm not sure its even considered a feature, it just turns off when there is no source to it, so if you use the sleep timer on the PS3 it works well together. I really have no complaints with the monitor other than the fact it doesn't have a cable tuner which it never claimed to have so that's null, and it could use some more HDMI and component inputs on the back

#134 Untamed Sorrow

Untamed Sorrow

The Maple Kind ??

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:52 PM

2 free games...both with a combined retail of $50-60, Good luck getting one since TigerDirect tossed my order into backorder hell, eventually cancelled and took forever for them to release the funds...maybe you'll luck out

#135 heyheyhey11

heyheyhey11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

3d feature with glasses won't work for person who already wearing a glasses. Tried 10 mins of uncharted 3 on 3d. While it certainly was nice to look at, but the headache kicks in just around the same time. Even at 200 bucks, I still see this thing everywhere at least in NyC. So i think Ill wait for a little while longer.

#136 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:57 PM

I got best buy to PM for 200, no ad, just told them. Also got SSX for 10 without even buying the magazine ;)

#137 crypto186

crypto186

MISC - U AWARE?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

^ wtf? How did you do that? I would love to purchase the tv if it is in a bundle.

#138 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

2 free games...both with a combined retail of $50-60, Good luck getting one since TigerDirect tossed my order into backorder hell, eventually cancelled and took forever for them to release the funds...maybe you'll luck out

Oh is that the case? I guess this deal is the next best thing. However i am also thinking of buying a 3DS XL at launch. Decisions decisions.....

#139 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

3d feature with glasses won't work for person who already wearing a glasses. Tried 10 mins of uncharted 3 on 3d. While it certainly was nice to look at, but the headache kicks in just around the same time. Even at 200 bucks, I still see this thing everywhere at least in NyC. So i think Ill wait for a little while longer.

I've heard the opposite with these glasses. People have said they fit (and work) well over regular glasses.

#140 crypto186

crypto186

MISC - U AWARE?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

I've heard the opposite with these glasses. People have said they fit (and work) well over regular glasses.

I used to have glasses. Wearing 3d wasn't bad at all, but you do feel just a tiny bit weird when looking sideways (peripheral vision).

Contacts now and it's simply amazing!

My PS3 TV occasionally blanks/goes black when playing netflix or in an intense bf3 fight, but idk if it's defective.. I still want to buy another one!

#141 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

^ wtf? How did you do that? I would love to purchase the tv if it is in a bundle.

I'm in there a lot, just said gamestop has this for 199.99 this week, starting wednesday. Can you PM or do I need to come back Wed? She said ehh I'll go ahead and give it to ya.

#142 crypto186

crypto186

MISC - U AWARE?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

Dang nice. The people at my BB are complete tools...Managers are micromanaging freaks and most employees are mindless drones.

#143 NINJA V

NINJA V

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

not a bad deal for those waiting - technically yes the tiger direct deal is slightly better.

had one and debated on keeping it since i found a 26" sony lcd i had stashed a while ago for my gaming setup.

my biggest conflict was (and i'm sure some will find it stupid) no way to hang it on wall.

i mean for goodness sakes they have a bracket that goes underneath and hangs on the best buy display. for sony not to have one even available is just neglectful. if i could weld i'm sure i can make something up but that is nor here nor there. so it's gone till i get a new setup in maybe 5yrs.

#144 Kojiro

Kojiro

Vasch - Bismarck FFXI

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Sooooooo tempted to bite on one of these since I have about 200 in credit just sitting atm....
but the horror stories with these are just so bad that I don't know if I want to chance it >.<

#145 dagarcia2678

dagarcia2678

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

not a bad deal for those waiting - technically yes the tiger direct deal is slightly better.

had one and debated on keeping it since i found a 26" sony lcd i had stashed a while ago for my gaming setup.

my biggest conflict was (and i'm sure some will find it stupid) no way to hang it on wall.

i mean for goodness sakes they have a bracket that goes underneath and hangs on the best buy display. for sony not to have one even available is just neglectful. if i could weld i'm sure i can make something up but that is nor here nor there. so it's gone till i get a new setup in maybe 5yrs.

I plan on getting two more and was thinking about mounting them. When I looked at the back I thought they had the standard monitor four screw layout that would allow me to attach a mount to them. I will verify when I get home.

#146 Japanaman

Japanaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

It only does
not display television

#147 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

I would definitely buy this if my GTX580 3D Vision would work with it.... I have read about the modified inf file, but I dont want to buy a 200 dollar monitor and have to modify files to make it work.

This is really disappointing.

#148 oasisboy

oasisboy

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

Read my response...on the spoiler.

Spoiler

[IMG]http://http://profile.mygamercard.net/conejo%20mexicano[/IMG]

#149 madcatz1999

madcatz1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

It only does
not display television

Most people have something nowadays with a TV tuner in it, other than a TV. Anything that can record (VCR, DVD Recorder, DVR) will generally have a tuner in it. Not to mention lots of people have cable boxes. If you really want to use this for television shows, all you have to do is hook up one of these things to it.

#150 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

Anyone know if there has been any word from nvidia on official support for this tv for the 3D Vision?