$20 Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition (PC, DVD)

I have been reading that this game requires Steam to play.

Question: Does that mean once I install the game on my hard drive via the physical DVD disc and login to Steam that I can basically ditch the disc forever? (Does it come with some unique Steam activation key?)

I love Steam. And I don't want to deal with physical discs. So if this game gives me the Steam experience after installation - ie no disc, just login and play - than I'm all onboard this sale.

But if the game requires a Steam account, and then requires the disc during play, too, than I'd rather just wait for the inevitable Steam sale sometime down the road so I won't have to keep a disc in my computer's DVDrom drive.

Thanks.

[quote name='Bizzquik']I have been reading that this game requires Steam to play.

Question: Does that mean once I install the game on my hard drive via the physical DVD disc and login to Steam that I can basically ditch the disc forever? (Does it come with some unique Steam activation key?)

I love Steam. And I don't want to deal with physical discs. So if this game gives me the Steam experience after installation - ie no disc, just login and play - than I'm all onboard this sale.

But if the game requires a Steam account, and then requires the disc during play, too, than I'd rather just wait for the inevitable Steam sale sometime down the road so I won't have to keep a disc in my computer's DVDrom drive.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You won't even have to use the DVD - after registering the serial on steam (and that's a requirement, not an option) you will use the game like any other game you purchased on steam, only you'll be able to install it from the DVD to avoid downloading time.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

So if downloading time was no concern, then I can basically just use the Steam activation key to let Steam download the game and never even bother with the actual disc? I like that! (Yes, I know it makes little sense, but I like letting Steam do everything for me.)

[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the replies, guys.

So if downloading time was no concern, then I can basically just use the Steam activation key to let Steam download the game and never even bother with the actual disc? I like that! (Yes, I know it makes little sense, but I like letting Steam do everything for me.)[/QUOTE]

Yep - you're correct. I did the same thing with Shogun 2 - bought the disk retail from Newegg, registered the CD key with Steam and the disks never hit my drive.

[quote name='blitztwn36']Yep - you're correct. I did the same thing with Shogun 2 - bought the disk retail from Newegg, registered the CD key with Steam and the disks never hit my drive.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

the steam summer sale is coming up and id be shocked if the ultimate edition wasn't on sale for less than this as part of that.

you guys will be kicking yourselves shortly.

Bought one, had to buy something else in order to get free shipping, so I bought Bioshock & Oblivion bundle pack, and also Bioshock 2! I already have Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition on my ps3 but hey it looks way better on a pc!

[quote name='Bizzquik']Thanks for the replies, guys.

So if downloading time was no concern, then I can basically just use the Steam activation key to let Steam download the game and never even bother with the actual disc? I like that! (Yes, I know it makes little sense, but I like letting Steam do everything for me.)[/QUOTE]

Correct.
I don't know, but it depends on how fast you download speeds are.
For me, Fallout: New Vegas + 4 major DLC's takes up almost 10 GB. I'm only the missing 2 weapon packs.

Personally, I'd rather be installing from the disc(s) namely on big sized games like RAGE (24 GB).

bread's done
Back