Curufinwe5503.png? Curufinwe.jpg

#32 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Why would anyone "approve" of this?

Posted Image

Vita's background look ugly as hell, in what way is this an improvement? Is the Vita not as powerful as everyone though? Disgusting.

Looks fine to me. At least they fixed the weird background, where the rice rows don't even make sense.

#33 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:20 PM

Vita's background look ugly as hell, in what way is this an improvement? Is the Vita not as powerful as everyone though? Disgusting.

I agree that that shot doesn't look great. The lighting seems off, there's no reason to get rid of the power lines, and it doesn't really convey the misty weather that the original does. Hopefully that's from an old, incomplete build of the game or something. I've seen a lot of other screenshots of P4G and they all look fantastic. In any case, the problems with that particular screen are down to design choices (lightning, modeling), not the Vita not being powerful enough.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#34 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm currently playing the downloaded version of Persona 3 FES on PSN. I love this game so much. I hope Sony release Person 4 on PSN. I want to play this game so bad. I might either have to get a PS2 and this game or just wait and get this and the Vita. I hope this will be a good holiday season.

#35 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:19 PM

I really doubt either of the persona games will come to ps3. The biggest reason being that persona 4 golden is the best selling ps vita game in Japan, I imagine when it comes stateside it will get a similar overwhelmingly positive reception. Sony needs all the help it can get convincing consumers to buy the vita, if there were a ps3 hd remix there would be no reason for most to buy a vita. Second reason being that Altus hasn't put out a single hd re release this generation, and haven't even discussed doing one. Considering the next gen is right around the corner, and Altus has been keeping all their re releases of the persona series on portables it's highly unlikely we will see hd releases of p3 and p4. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony didn't let Altus put the ps2 version of persona 4 on the psn because of my first point.
GameCenter/OpenFeint: Plslvmln

#36 jello44

jello44

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

lolwut

You do see how clearer the sprites and portraits look right?

And whomever said it was an old screenshot is right, everything I've seen so far makes it look fine.

72768.png

#37 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

I said "likely to happen." Atlus spent the time and money to visually update this to HD for the Vita, I highly suspect somewhere down the line for them to port it to PS3. It could be awhile, but I honestly see it happening.

"Likely" implies you have solid reason to believe it will happen. Like it specifically being mentioned by the developer or something. P4 on the PS3 is just something you're hoping for. Heck the Vita doesn't even run at 720p, if I recall correctly. I'd say Persona 4 on the PS3 is pretty unlikely at this point.

They'd be better served investing resources in to a curent gen, new Persona game all together.

#38 Ragnorok64

Ragnorok64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

Do you have more than one comparison shot?

#39 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

There's a Japanese blog that has a bit more comparison shots. Just a fair warning, might be slightly NSFW w/ some of the ads/news on the site showing some more-than-average cleavage, though nothing 18+ & the like (just trying to make sure I don't get in trouble or anything).
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

There's a Japanese blog that has a bit more comparison shots. Just a fair warning, might be slightly NSFW w/ some of the ads/news on the site showing some more-than-average cleavage, though nothing 18+ & the like (just trying to make sure I don't get in trouble or anything).

Hard to deny it looks much better on the Vita. Almost too sharp and clear in those outdoor scenes!

#41 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:03 PM

"Likely" implies you have solid reason to believe it will happen. Like it specifically being mentioned by the developer or something. P4 on the PS3 is just something you're hoping for. Heck the Vita doesn't even run at 720p, if I recall correctly. I'd say Persona 4 on the PS3 is pretty unlikely at this point.

They'd be better served investing resources in to a curent gen, new Persona game all together.

100% this. Just because you want something to exist doesn't mean it is likely to happen.

I think the psv screenshots look considerably nicer. Anti aliasing, everything looks significantly sharper/less hazy, color saturation looks more natural/less washed out, the only downside I can see is the absence of the power lines...... Hardly a deal breaker

#42 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yeah, one of the 1st things I noticed aside from everything looking a lot smoother was how it looked less foggy/Silent Hill-esque. I can't wait to see how it looks when I'm playing it on my Vita.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#43 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

Yeah, one of the 1st things I noticed aside from everything looking a lot smoother was how it looked less foggy/Silent Hill-esque. I can't wait to see how it looks when I'm playing it on my Vita.

I haven't played through p4 yet (working my way through p3p), was there a reason for everything being foggy, or was it just due to the technical limitations of the ps2? The lack of fog in the SH hd collection kept me from buying that one, because the fog covered up the complete lack of draw distance in that game, and was therefore kind of necessary. Thanks!

#44 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Archaic kinds of fun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

I haven't played through p4 yet (working my way through p3p), was there a reason for everything being foggy, or was it just due to the technical limitations of the ps2? The lack of fog in the SH hd collection kept me from buying that one, because the fog covered up the complete lack of draw distance in that game, and was therefore kind of necessary. Thanks!

The fog is part of the story.

#45 jamesesdad

jamesesdad

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hmmmm thats mildly troubling, but I'm sure it's probably not the deal breaker it was on the SH:HD collection.