BB: Free $30 GC with PS3 purchase

Not an awful deal. Personally, I think PS3s will be dirt cheap this Black Friday, so I am waiting till then.

C'mon $100 gift card or price drop. :D

Even if you don't like the game that comes with the 320 GB ones, you can utilize the 100% trade in bonus right now and get around another $30+ off

Is this good in store? Cause If you have the Premiere Silver Coupon for 3x points this week, that could end up being almost 50 bucks in Gift Cards/Reward Points. $30 Gift card and aprox. 975 points( on the 320 GB bundles) which is well over 19 bucks

can almost count out a price drop before oct with the MADDEN package hitting in late aug for 299

300 for system

30 gift card
32 gift card

62 -300 = 248 + tax 21

270 for a 320 GB still too much for me

maybe a price drop possible, I picked mine up for $200 when Amazon had it during BF for free with ratchet and clank and LBP 2

[quote name='slidecage']can almost count out a price drop before oct with the MADDEN package hitting in late aug for 299

300 for system

30 gift card
32 gift card

62 -300 = 248 + tax 21

270 for a 320 GB still too much for me[/QUOTE]

How exactly are you arriving at your numbers? I'm guessing you're including the $10 Gift Card for store pickup, but that wouldn't work. That is online store pickup only while the coupon is in store only. Even if they tried to override and combine somehow, I'm not sure they could since the $10 thing is supposed to be digital and e-mailed. Plus they wouldn't have to and probably aren't supposed to. Unless you get one of those managers that doesn't care and would just give you an extra 10 bucks on the GC

But even still, that would end up being a little less than 60. I'm not trying to call out your math or anything, just curious. Cause if you're right, then that is a good deal and I might buy an extra PS3.

And what's the deal with the Madden Bundle? I didn't know they were gonna do one. Might wait for that, since I definitely want the new Madden more than UC3 or MW3

[quote name='JP73']How exactly are you arriving at your numbers? I'm guessing you're including the $10 Gift Card for store pickup, but that wouldn't work. That is online store pickup only while the coupon is in store only. Even if they tried to override and combine somehow, I'm not sure they could since the $10 thing is supposed to be digital and e-mailed. Plus they wouldn't have to and probably aren't supposed to. Unless you get one of those managers that doesn't care and would just give you an extra 10 bucks on the GC

But even still, that would end up being a little less than 60. I'm not trying to call out your math or anything, just curious. Cause if you're right, then that is a good deal and I might buy an extra PS3.

And what's the deal with the Madden Bundle? I didn't know they were gonna do one. Might wait for that, since I definitely want the new Madden more than UC3 or MW3[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure that $10 promo will not work on consoles. I may be wrong but, I am pretty sure its in the fine print. I know used games are out.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Not an awful deal. Personally, I think PS3s will be dirt cheap this Black Friday, so I am waiting till then.

C'mon $100 gift card or price drop. :D[/QUOTE]

last BF 2011 ps3s were $199 with 2 good games. this BF 2012 do you think they will be lower than $199? you think they will offer it for $199 + 100 store credit ? i got YLOD so id like to buy a cheap PS3 if the reflowing keeps failing.

My guess is his numbers include the $30 gift card, and trading in a game ($16 plus $16 for the 100% trade in bonus) which is $32... So 300 - 62 = 238 plus tax (depending on your rate where you live...) But maybe I'm wrong lol..

[quote name='JP73']Is this good in store? Cause If you have the Premiere Silver Coupon for 3x points this week, that could end up being almost 50 bucks in Gift Cards/Reward Points. $30 Gift card and aprox. 975 points( on the 320 GB bundles) which is well over 19 bucks[/QUOTE]

Yeah... good in store. Should pop up on the check out, but if it doesn't let the employee know as it is listed in their computer info section

[quote name='JP73']Is this good in store? Cause If you have the Premiere Silver Coupon for 3x points this week, that could end up being almost 50 bucks in Gift Cards/Reward Points. $30 Gift card and aprox. 975 points( on the 320 GB bundles) which is well over 19 bucks[/QUOTE]thinking the same thing but there's been so many $50 GC offers that people have passed up already. Now if this was a $50 GC + the 3X points sold since that would only be surpassed by a BF deal
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323539

The PS3 deals have been scarce lately. I just ordered a 'like new' 320 GB Slim Move Bundle with Sports Champions from amazon warehouse deals for 240.00 shipped. Hopefully it will work out but I am going to test it hard during the 30 day return period. They come in and out of stock regularly it seems.

Walmart usually has a deal in December with the PS3

Buy a PS3 and get a gifcard (usually at least $50)...I bought mine when they were doing $100 giftcards. I think last year was at least a $75 gifcard

[quote name='dapunisure']My gf bought me a 320 gb with mw3 about 2 wks ago, any chance I can still be elibgible for this???[/QUOTE]should be

[quote name='dapunisure']My gf bought me a 320 gb with mw3 about 2 wks ago, any chance I can still be elibgible for this???[/QUOTE]
Who cares about $30 GC when you have such a kickass girlfriend

[quote name='dapunisure']My gf bought me a 320 gb with mw3 about 2 wks ago, any chance I can still be elibgible for this???[/QUOTE]

I bought mine on Friday so I wondered the same thing. Turns out Best Buy ha a 30 day price-match guarantee, so yes.

[quote name='Flying Frog']last BF 2011 ps3s were $199 with 2 good games. this BF 2012 do you think they will be lower than $199? you think they will offer it for $199 + 100 store credit ? i got YLOD so id like to buy a cheap PS3 if the reflowing keeps failing.[/QUOTE]

While I don't own a PS3 yet, I am still amazed that out of my DS Lite/PSP/360/Wii/PS2, my DS was the first one to fail considering how often the newer consoles just turn into bricks.

Last year's PS3 BF deals were 160GB as well. I am not going to spend money to get a hard drive "upgrade" (320) that I will never need so I am hoping that this $250 price tag for a 160GB PS3 goes LONG away by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidecage
can almost count out a price drop before oct with the MADDEN package hitting in late aug for 299

300 for system

30 gift card
32 gift card

62 -300 = 248 + tax 21

270 for a 320 GB still too much for me
How exactly are you arriving at your numbers? I'm guessing you're including the $10 Gift Card for store pickup, but that wouldn't work. That is online store pickup only while the coupon is in store only. Even if they tried to override and combine somehow, I'm not sure they could since the $10 thing is supposed to be digital and e-mailed. Plus they wouldn't have to and probably aren't supposed to. Unless you get one of those managers that doesn't care and would just give you an extra 10 bucks on the GC

And what's the deal with the Madden Bundle? I didn't know they were gonna do one. Might wait for that, since I definitely want the new Madden more than UC3 or MW3

300 for system
you get 30 buck gift card
you get 32 bucks out of the game

amazon shows a madden package coming in aug

[quote name='rockykai']
Last year's PS3 BF deals were 160GB as well. I am not going to spend money to get a hard drive "upgrade" (320) that I will never need so I am hoping that this $250 price tag for a 160GB PS3 goes LONG away by then.[/QUOTE]

while it says 160gb, you know you don't get 160gb. as you get good deals (here) you will fill up that space. with nearly 400 ps3 games, i am going to have to upgrade to 1tb.

my suggestion is buy the cheap one and upgrade it yourself and sell the 160gb hd on cl or $50 on ebay.

[quote name='snacks28217']while it says 160gb, you know you don't get 160gb. as you get good deals (here) you will fill up that space. with nearly 400 ps3 games, i am going to have to upgrade to 1tb.

my suggestion is buy the cheap one and upgrade it yourself and sell the 160gb hd on cl or $50 on ebay.[/QUOTE]

I went from 80gb to 320gb to 500gb. 260 disc games and 200+ psn games along with 1,000 rock band songs....i might have to go the 1tb route pretty soon as well

[quote name='shadowkast']I went from 80gb to 320gb to 500gb. 260 disc games and 200+ psn games along with 1,000 rock band songs....i might have to go the 1tb route pretty soon as well[/QUOTE]surprised Sony hasn't already offered a 500 GB bundle w/3 months of PS+ along with some 1st party titles pre-installed on the HD(Uncharted, LBP, Modnation, MAG, GOW3, Heavenly Sword & MGS4) add a 3D B/R & a heaset good to go.

If there was a Sony rep on CAG they would've already made a CAG system bundle with a 1T HD, extra controlller & headset. But since they know we'd get the games cheap they'd offer $100 in coupons($20 each) that stack with sale prices & let us do the rest LOL.

Aren't PS3s still at risk for the YLOD? And Sony isn't as nice as Microsoft, I've heard. Microsoft is supposed to fix your console that has the RROD for free, whenther the warrany has expired or not, while Sony will only fix the YLOD for free if it's under warrenty and will rob you blind with the price if it isn't under warranty.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Aren't PS3s still at risk for the YLOD? And Sony isn't as nice as Microsoft, I've heard. Microsoft is supposed to fix your console that has the RROD for free, whenther the warrany has expired or not, while Sony will only fix the YLOD for free if it's under warrenty and will rob you blind with the price if it isn't under warranty.[/QUOTE]
even if it runs a risk of a ylod, the library of available games more than makes up for it at a $220 price point (after factoring in the giftcard)

[quote name='Ragnorok64']Do slim PS3s even YLoD with notable frequency?[/QUOTE]
probably not, my slim is running a lot cooler/quieter than my fat

Is this $30 gc still active? I have $130 store credit from trading in games and have been considering scooping a ps3

[quote name='ryverse']Is this $30 gc still active? I have $130 store credit from trading in games and have been considering scooping a ps3[/QUOTE]

I am wondering the same thing. I can't find it on the site, so I am assuming it's dead, but I don't know. I would love to pick up the Summer Bundle (My first PS3), then download the free PS+ games with the trial that comes in the bundle.

I'm pretty sure this ended on on Saturday or Sunday. a couple weeks ago I bought the 320gig MW3 bundle (paid for half in BB credit from trade ins) instead of upgrading the hard drive on my old 80gig fat. Flipped MW3 for $34. On Saturday I took the box and receipt back to BB and did a return/rebuy and got the $30 GC no problem, plus I had a 3x RZ points coupon so I'll get another $10 back.

[quote name='electricsleep']I'm pretty sure this ended on on Saturday or Sunday. a couple weeks ago I bought the 320gig MW3 bundle (paid for half in BB credit from trade ins) instead of upgrading the hard drive on my old 80gig fat. Flipped MW3 for $34. On Saturday I took the box and receipt back to BB and did a return/rebuy and got the $30 GC no problem, plus I had a 3x RZ points coupon so I'll get another $10 back.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I looked it up. It ended June 30th. Good deal, I guess I will hold out till BF or another good deal.

BF isn't that far away. I'm hoping for the 240 GB PS3 with CoD to drop to $200. I already have a move bundle and a ton of PS3 games.

[quote name='Lord Izanagi']Microsoft is supposed to fix your console that has the RROD for free, whenther the warrany has expired or not.[/QUOTE]

ha! I was charged $120 two years ago to get my RROD fixed...

bread's done
Back