Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/24/12 to 6/30/12)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#61 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

my point is most people take that as confirmation. plus the trend of trilogies seems to indicate that yes a third and final one will occur.

Just bc people take it as such doesn't make it fact

#62 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

What are the welcome coupons?

Mine was B2G1F on all games $40 and under. I've been hoping for a sale on Batman bc mine expires 2nd week of July. Would get that DMC collection and some random game I probably wouldn't pay full price on. Maybe Starhawk now that it's cheaper

#63 DTX_Dan

DTX_Dan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

Glad to see they're bringing back the laptop/Xbox 360 deal this summer. I might need to upgrade to a new laptop in a few weeks.

Thanks OP!

#64 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:15 PM

does anyone have the headphones listed in the ad? I don't need the high end stuff, but I don't want to purchase something that won't last for only a couple of months.

I only ask because the best buy reviews are either raving about it, or saying it is the worst purchase they have made. I guess for 20 bucks and tax it will just be a small investment/gamble.

#65 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:29 PM

Is FF13-2 worth $20? or should I really wait for it to drop even lower? (doubt that'll happen anytime soon)

I think so. I enjoyed the game very much. Though I did enjoy XIII too. The story is ok for me (than again, no game lately has had interesting enough stories for me). The game shines for the battle. If you like the battles system, than you may enjoy it. Plus, 20 bucks. Not bad price for any game.

No it hasnt been. Thats only been a fan wish bc the ending to 2 didnt provide any real resolution

Techincally it hasn't been comfirmed. People just believe it is cause SE trademarked XIII-3 for something (I think site domain or something). Doesn't mean anything cause it could be to protect future problems with names or something. Kinda like Chrono Break that never became anything.

Also, Spider-Man seems interesting. The game I feel may actually be good. Doesn't hurt that you get a free blu with movie ticket. My only problem is the game will probably spoil the new movie for me.

#66 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

Also, Spider-Man seems interesting. The game I feel may actually be good. Doesn't hurt that you get a free blu with movie ticket. My only problem is the game will probably spoil the new movie for me.

maybe not. The game isnt a direct tie to the movie as its story takes place after the events of the film. There might be some spoilers, but it isnt a re-enactment of the movie's story like the past games were. Its for the best as this gives the developers alot more freedom with where they want to take things
Posted Image

#67 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Wasn't worth a thread on it's own but I just got in the mail a coupon for 3x reward zone points for all in-store purchases starting this Saturday June 23 - Sunday July 1 for being a Silver member. You'll need to use it at checkout for each transaction to get credited triple points. Does not work for online orders. Online in-store pickup orders also are ineligible.

So for all you Silver members be on a lookout for that.

#68 Japanaman

Japanaman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

No SSX or Soul Calibur V? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! Plus, I'm mad at myself. I could have comp-aded GameStop so I could get FFXIII-2 for $19.99 with Novella at Best Buy, but forget and simply bought the game at GameStop. No Novella for me.

#69 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 21 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Has anyone ever had success with Best Buy retroactively applying a deal like the free xbox 360 one? I bought a new laptop from Best Buy on June 1st so I could still return and rebuy the laptop to take advantage of this deal, but I'd rather avoid that headache. Any insight?

#70 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

Awesome deal for the Spider-man game. Would be even sweeter if the game itself came with a ticket, too, but I doubt that'll be the case.

#71 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Has anyone ever had success with Best Buy retroactively applying a deal like the free xbox 360 one? I bought a new laptop from Best Buy on June 1st so I could still return and rebuy the laptop to take advantage of this deal, but I'd rather avoid that headache. Any insight?

what hassle? It amounts to taking your reciept to customer service, returning and rebuying the thing. Thats how their computer system processes price matches. I have no idea what their return policy is on computers but are you sure its not 14 days? If not, then it shoudlnt be an issue
Posted Image

#72 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Dammit twisted metal, drop to $40 already so I can use my B2Get1 coupon!!

#73 jr233270

jr233270

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

what hassle? It amounts to taking your reciept to customer service, returning and rebuying the thing. Thats how their computer system processes price matches. I have no idea what their return policy is on computers but are you sure its not 14 days? If not, then it shoudlnt be an issue

I just got off the phone with customer service. All they require is that I bring in my receipt and show my school ID. Pretty excited about getting the free xbox 360 this Sunday. Also, rewards zone members get 30 days and rewards zone silver members get 45 days to return their items, including laptops.

#74 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

Lol at $10 Brave price drop less than a week after release.

oIi9lub.png

#75 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:52 PM

I just got off the phone with customer service. All they require is that I bring in my receipt and show my school ID. Pretty excited about getting the free xbox 360 this Sunday. Also, rewards zone members get 30 days and rewards zone silver members get 45 days to return their items, including laptops.

Not sure if it's excluded but 60 day pm is now in effect for silver members(started on the 18th)

#76 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:06 PM

my point is most people take that as confirmation. plus the trend of trilogies seems to indicate that yes a third and final one will occur.

They said the ending was done that way so that people would unlock all the paradox endings and so that they could sell DLC.

What people think about the ending and it meaning there will be a third game means nothing. Square Enix doesn't make games based on what people take as confirmation.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#77 Tophat666

Tophat666

Big Bear with Top Hat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:08 PM

STILL, NO FUCKING ASURA'S WRATH DEAL?@!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Im mad at all retailers bc of that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#78 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:14 PM

STILL, NO FUCKING ASURA'S WRATH DEAL?@!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?
Im mad at all retailers bc of that.

gamestop summer sale will probably be the start

#79 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Is FF13-2 worth $20? or should I really wait for it to drop even lower? (doubt that'll happen anytime soon)

I take it you missed the $15 price a month or two ago after @Gamer magazine coupon then? For $15 I even considered a FF game and I haven't played any since FFVIII or IX, which I only tried since I had a ton of EB Games credit back in the day to grab it with.

Wasn't worth a thread on it's own but I just got in the mail a coupon for 3x reward zone points for all in-store purchases starting this Saturday June 23 - Sunday July 1 for being a Silver member. You'll need to use it at checkout for each transaction to get credited triple points. Does not work for online orders. Online in-store pickup orders also are ineligible.

So for all you Silver members be on a lookout for that.

I got that a couple of days ago myself. It also said something about me getting an additional free $5 RZ certificate in that mailer between June 23rd and July 1st. I wonder if that's what that bonus $5 certificate that was in my account was for?

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#80 Kundismack

Kundismack

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:37 PM

I got it for $15 from Gamefly. No reason why you won't see it that low again soon.

#81 heatison777

heatison777

The Heat is On

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

I might grab Spidey. 60-day match almost guarantees $40 at some point. I can play it for a week or so and get at least $40 from CL. It's all BB credit anyway.

#82 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

The girl working at best buy let me bring my receipt and do a return rebuy with my laptop u got a couple weeks ago, sooo I got a free 360 today :)

#83 MidnightMetal

MidnightMetal

Long Live Metal Music!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

does anyone have the headphones listed in the ad? I don't need the high end stuff, but I don't want to purchase something that won't last for only a couple of months.

I only ask because the best buy reviews are either raving about it, or saying it is the worst purchase they have made. I guess for 20 bucks and tax it will just be a small investment/gamble.

Your headphones are crapping out in a couple of months because you're looking at $20 headphones. Spend a little more, the quality will be better in the audio as well as the overall construction.
MidnightMetalMayhemAA-620x200.jpg
:wiiu:- Super Mario 3D World
:ps3:- Lego Marvel Super Heroes
:360:- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
:3ds:- Pokemon Battle Trozei
:vita:- Nothing

#84 violentfox

violentfox

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

anyone know if they are going to be having any sales on a 1.5TB or 2TB External hard Drive. does not need to be portable

#85 iKhaotic

iKhaotic

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:14 PM

FFXIII-2 TIV is still $11 base. Hmm, I bought th Collector's Edition from Amazon and I've been wanting that little extra booklet that Best Buy bundles with every copy of FFXIII-2. Tempted to trade in just the disc of the one I own right now with the 100% TIV and re-purchase it next week...

#86 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

maybe not. The game isnt a direct tie to the movie as its story takes place after the events of the film. There might be some spoilers, but it isnt a re-enactment of the movie's story like the past games were. Its for the best as this gives the developers alot more freedom with where they want to take things

Well the developer has already mentioned the game will spoil the movie. Not sure how much of it is being spoiled though. I do like the fac the game isn't a re-enactment of the game cause they can do more with it. It makes me more interested among other things. I do have plans to see the movie. I'm thinking maybe I'll buy it but not play it and wait...or...suck it up and play it.

FFXIII-2 TIV is still $11 base. Hmm, I bought th Collector's Edition from Amazon and I've been wanting that little extra booklet that Best Buy bundles with every copy of FFXIII-2. Tempted to trade in just the disc of the one I own right now with the 100% TIV and re-purchase it next week...

I was thinking about doing that too cause the copies that come with the booklet are house in a slipbox. So if you do do this, make sure to look around to see if they have those copies that come in a box. I already own the booklet and it's kinda lame, but I just want the slipbox...and a actual case.

#87 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

I got that a couple of days ago myself. It also said something about me getting an additional free $5 RZ certificate in that mailer between June 23rd and July 1st. I wonder if that's what that bonus $5 certificate that was in my account was for?

when's it expire I got 2 but mine are good thru 1/5/13

I might grab Spidey. 60-day match almost guarantees $40 at some point. I can play it for a week or so and get at least $40 from CL. It's all BB credit anyway.

That's what I do too you only get $40 just to move it fast? $50 w/o tax seems to be easy on day 1 for me.

Your headphones are crapping out in a couple of months because you're looking at $20 headphones. Spend a little more, the quality will be better in the audio as well as the overall construction.

these seem damn good for $20 but the original MSRP was like $120 or something LOL
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=323206

anyone know if they are going to be having any sales on a 1.5TB or 2TB External hard Drive. does not need to be portable

Man you've missed tons of chances to get them cheap %90 or less, check target/walmart & TRU(clearance section) tons of deals if still there. You can pm them @ BB too.

#88 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:32 AM

when's it expire I got 2 but mine are good thru 1/5/13

Like I said earlier, the lil card that came in the mailer said the $5 RZ cert was only available from 6/23/12 till 7/1/12. Too bad I don't have more collection games to trade in or I'd likely try and use the 3x RZ points with a trade in and see if it works.;)

It'd be hilarious if it applied and applied on TOP of the 2x RZ points bonus you already get for being a GCU member.:D But that's hoping for too much, I think.:booty:

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#89 metallicoholic

metallicoholic

Metal 'Til I'm 60

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:04 AM

Every time I see a 3DS game in the ad, I get excited hoping it's something below MSRP. Foiled again.
Posted Image

#90 swerving

swerving

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Where is that SSX sale :(

the coupon is good till july 14