Photo
- - - - -

Sunday Ad Video Game Deals (6/24/12 to 6/30/12)

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#91 irighti

irighti

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Your headphones are crapping out in a couple of months because you're looking at $20 headphones. Spend a little more, the quality will be better in the audio as well as the overall construction.

yeah, I know for 20 bucks it won't be the best thing going...but I would think since it normally costs more that it might be slightly more durable.

I was thinking of the tutrtlebeach x12 instead, but if the XL1 is similiar, then the price point is right.

Is the x12 the best headset for the 360 in the 50 and under price range?

#92 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

:3ds: Free $20 Gift Card with purchase of any Nintendo 3DS Handheld

I’m sorry to say but that’s it this week for Target :cry:
The rest of the featured ad items are all MSRP (Spiderman, Spec Ops: The Line, Just Dance Greatest Hits, Pokemon Conquest)

Edited by litepink, 22 June 2012 - 09:46 PM.
took out pokemon

#93 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for the early ad, litepink.

#94 gravel

gravel

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:41 PM

$29.99 is MSRP for Conquest, and it's out this week. Gamestop is charging an extra $5 for it. Also, all of the codes for the game are the the same, so pre-order bonuses, etc. all can be found online. They have a good list here.

Currently Playing
:ps3:
Arkham Origins
:360:
:wii: Lego City Undercover, NES Remix
:ds: Pokemon Y
:psp: Tearaway, No Heroes Allowed,

#95 litepink

litepink

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

$29.99 is MSRP for Conquest, and it's out this week. Gamestop is charging an extra $5 for it. Also, all of the codes for the game are the the same, so pre-order bonuses, etc. all can be found online. They have a good list here.

I figured gamestop would have it for MSRP, so that's where I cross referenced the price actually. Can't believe they're charging $5 extra.:roll:

edit: removed it form the original post, as $30 is the MSRP

Edited by litepink, 22 June 2012 - 09:45 PM.

#96 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

I figured gamestop would have it for MSRP, so that's where I cross referenced the price actually. Can't believe they're charging $5 extra.:roll:

Don't be surprised. GS has charged more than MSRP (that "S" in Suggested may not apply for GS) with some releases in the past.

They're not the only seller of that title for certain.

#97 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:48 AM

should be seeing a sale on the current 3DS since the newer version was revealed.

#98 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

Thanks for the early. Much appreciated.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#99 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:32 AM

Are those 13-2 novellas rare? I found them at another Best Buy, but I'm concerned about it being crushed by spiderwrap.

#100 GreyFox787

GreyFox787

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:48 PM

*waits for 3DS XL* Isn't it supposed to launch with NSMB2? I imagine at least one retailer will offer the game for free w/purchase...

#101 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

"Brave" sale is live on the website right now, but only for x360, ps3, and wii at $39.99.

#102 buster90

buster90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Target sucks lately. No good deals in the AD and no more clearence.

#103 Ketsui

Ketsui

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

can the 100% bonus trade in credit be applied to preorders???

#104 sgr76

sgr76

Talk it < Living it

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:12 PM

can the 100% bonus trade in credit be applied to preorders???

The trade credit can be used for anything. I guess the bigger question is: Does your store allow you to put more than the usual $5 towards a preorder. My store allows you to put as much as you want but that is something you would want to ask in the store.
Posted Image

#105 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

The trade credit can be used for anything. I guess the bigger question is: Does your store allow you to put more than the usual $5 towards a preorder. My store allows you to put as much as you want but that is something you would want to ask in the store.

Multiple Best Buys that I have been to only only $5 down in-store (MN/ND). If you preorder online, you pay the full amount.
"People who buy things are suckers." - Ron Swanson

#106 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

I might grab Spidey. 60-day match almost guarantees $40 at some point. I can play it for a week or so and get at least $40 from CL. It's all BB credit anyway.

I had the same idea in mind. Plus it qualifies for that $10 in-store pickup coupon promo so that makes it even better.

#107 neuropunk

neuropunk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:40 PM

No. This is a good game. It's not great like the earlier Final Fantasys were, but there would be no reason to "get rid" of this game as it is in high demand.

If the game was in high demand then it would have sold much more than a measly 2 million copies. So sad for a Final Fantasy title, clearanced at most places and sold for $15-20 within 4 months of release. How this series has fallen.

#108 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:08 PM

A DSi XL for $130 plus a $20 Lego game seems tempting. With the 3DS XL coming, I also feel that there's really no point in me getting a DSi XL if I want a 3DS XL.

#109 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:38 AM

should be seeing a sale on the current 3DS since the newer version was revealed.

The 3DS isnt being replaced with the XL, why would it be put on sale?

#110 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

Was never a sale on the DSI when the DSI XL hit
WOOOO I STINK

#111 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

No reason to bother with an "original" 3DS now that the 3DSXL has been announced. All the people who bought 3DS old models will be dumping them like crazy to get the new version. Funny how Nintendo milks their loyal fanbase by releasing crappier early consoles, then releasing "revisions" to get rebuys. Even funnier that people fall for this tactic, over and over.

#112 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 02:39 AM

No reason to bother with an "original" 3DS now that the 3DSXL has been announced. All the people who bought 3DS old models will be dumping them like crazy to get the new version. Funny how Nintendo milks their loyal fanbase by releasing crappier early consoles, then releasing "revisions" to get rebuys. Even funnier that people fall for this tactic, over and over.

What the hell are you talking about? The reason to "bother" with the "original" 3DS is if you don't want a giant honking handheld. Good luck fitting that thing into your pocket comfortably on a daily basis.

DSi sales didn't come to a halt when the DSiXL was released nor was there any sort of mass exodus to it...why would it happen with the 3DSXL's release?

And Nintendo isn't the only one that gets its fanbase to upgrade to newer consoles and handhelds. Dare I mention the 360 and PS3 revisions? How about the whopping four revisions to the PSP?

Edited by maximumzero, 24 June 2012 - 02:56 AM.

#113 chimpmeister

chimpmeister

Hates gimmicks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 03:27 AM

What the hell are you talking about? The reason to "bother" with the "original" 3DS is if you don't want a giant honking handheld. Good luck fitting that thing into your pocket comfortably on a daily basis.

DSi sales didn't come to a halt when the DSiXL was released nor was there any sort of mass exodus to it...why would it happen with the 3DSXL's release?

And Nintendo isn't the only one that gets its fanbase to upgrade to newer consoles and handhelds. Dare I mention the 360 and PS3 revisions? How about the whopping four revisions to the PSP?

The problem is that the original 3DS design is crap. The 3DSXL fixes a FEW of those problems, so is a better option. I don't see why anyone would bother with an "old model" 3DS at all, once the Xl comes out; the new version just makes the old one look completely lame.

As an example, the original 3DS only has a 3.53" screen, very small by comparison to just about ANYTHING. The XL has a 4.88" screen, which is FAR BEYOND the size of the original 3DS. I'd rather have that "giant honking handheld" to the "crappy small handheld" that it is replacing; kind of a no-brainer. If you can't carry around a 3DSXL, which wouldn't be that hard to do, you'll have serious problems with carrying around ANYTHING. It is no big deal in the era of 7", 10" tablets and other devices; people have easily adapted to those, so who cares about a slightly bigger "bulk"? That's a weak reason to worry about the new design, for sure.

#114 maximumzero

maximumzero

Seriously, quit it.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:00 AM

The problem is that the original 3DS design is crap. The 3DSXL fixes a FEW of those problems, so is a better option. I don't see why anyone would bother with an "old model" 3DS at all, once the Xl comes out; the new version just makes the old one look completely lame.

As an example, the original 3DS only has a 3.53" screen, very small by comparison to just about ANYTHING. The XL has a 4.88" screen, which is FAR BEYOND the size of the original 3DS. I'd rather have that "giant honking handheld" to the "crappy small handheld" that it is replacing; kind of a no-brainer. If you can't carry around a 3DSXL, which wouldn't be that hard to do, you'll have serious problems with carrying around ANYTHING. It is no big deal in the era of 7", 10" tablets and other devices; people have easily adapted to those, so who cares about a slightly bigger "bulk"? That's a weak reason to worry about the new design, for sure.

The 3DSXL fixes two "problems", the small screen size and the battery life of the 3DS.

The battery life issue, if you can call it one, can be fixed on the original 3DS hardware in multiple ways.

And the screen "issue", in my opinion, isn't really an issue. The 3DS is meant to be a portable system. Something you can slip into your pocket easily and take with you everywhere. I own a DSiXL, and that thing is downright massive. Unless you've the kind of person to wear cargo pants around often you won't be putting it into many pockets.

The iPad and other tablets aren't designed as "go anywhere" devices like cell phones and portable game systems are. The 3DS is. You can't compare the two.

But this is all opinion. While you think the original 3DS is small, I think it's perfect. The problem is that you just automatically assume everyone agrees with you.

oIi9lub.png

#115 LouieT

LouieT

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:42 AM

Digital ad this week. Go here for the ad.

Few deals this week:

Buy Disney's Brave the video game for any system, get any Disney video game priced at $19.99 for free.

Buy Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes for any system, get either the Lego Batman 2 strategy guide or one of 32 selected Lego games for free.
List of the 32 Lego games, from here:
:360::ps3::wii::ds: Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
:360::ps3::wii::ds: Lego Indiana Jones
:360::ps3::wii::ds: Lego Batman
:360::ps3::wii::ds: Lego Indiana Jones: The Adventure Continues
:ps3::wii::ds: Lego Harry Potter Years 1-4
:360::ps3::wii::ds::3ds: Lego Pirates of the Caribbean
:360::ps3::wii::ds::3ds: Lego Star Wars 3: The Clone Wars
:ds: Lego Battles
:ds: Lego Rock Band
:ds: Lego Battles Ninjago

Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off on all Skylanders figures.

If you use regular batteries for your wireless controllers:
Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Toys R Us branded packs of batteries with a coupon on page 2 of this PDF.

Not in ad, but happening in the same week:

Got this in an email this morning:
Posted Image

Edited by LouieT, 24 June 2012 - 11:52 PM.
added 32 Lego games, added Pokemon Conquest deal

#116 superhippy1986

superhippy1986

Collecting Panties

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 04:47 AM

Wow... More reasons not to go into Target!
Bethesda Excuse defined..

http://www.urbandict...Bethesda Excuse

#117 Cocojames333

Cocojames333

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:17 AM

So LEGO Batman 2 and LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 for $49.99? Hmmm

#118 Dranakin

Dranakin

Member Since Oct 2003

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 06:43 AM

...there are 32 LEGO games? I really hope that's counting across multiple platforms.

#119 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

If no one noticed, Lego Batman 2 is listed among the 32 games... so you can resell a copy or simply trade it into BB for around 28 dollars.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#120 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2012 - 07:16 AM

If no one noticed, Lego Batman 2 is listed among the 32 games... so you can resell a copy or simply trade it into BB for around 28 dollars.

What combination are you trying? I think lego batman two is just listed because it's the trigger game for the promotion... as far as I can tell there isn't a single combination of lego batman 2 games that come up as B1G1 free