Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Max Payne 3 $39.99 - Tuesday 6/26

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#271 BNoyes

BNoyes

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Wow. I pre-ordered The Witcher 2 for less than what Amazon is offering for this supposed deal.

#272 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:23 PM

lol i suppose i would be too.

If Game of Thrones was magically going to be priced at $9.99 then yeah I'd be excited too despite the bad review! 8-)

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#273 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

True, its not a great price. But the people expecting that it would be $24.99 are insane. The game has been out 2 months on Xbox. I was expecting $39.99.

The game has been out only 2 months.

Umm regardless of how long the game has been out it was only $44.99 at release. This isn't even the cheapest that Amazon has had it for; in fact at one point TRU had it for $44.99 - $10 discount for ordering online

#274 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Umm regardless of how long the game has been out it was only $44.99 at release. This isn't even the cheapest that Amazon has had it for; in fact at one point TRU had it for $44.99 - $10 discount for ordering online

Deepdiscount.com had it for $34 or $35.99 on release day, but no one has sniffed this price point lately.

#275 Sporkis

Sporkis

Will Duel 4 Mead!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

Kind of disappointed that I missed Spiderman. I still have Dimensions left over from last Black Friday to play but at 10 bucks I would have picked it up with some gift cards from bing rewards. I was interested in Witcher 2 if it was 30 or less but not at that price. I can wait on Max Payne and nothing else interests me, so I guess I'm out for this goldbox

#276 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:43 PM

wow that's the same price newegg had it for pre-orders months ago and is more expensive than TRU had it for pre-orders. Lame

#277 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

Hoping for a 32 GB MC @ 1 PM pt/4 PM et

Edited by cookiecrumbz, 26 June 2012 - 07:05 PM.
typo

#278 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

yet u were excited for edge of time, which ign gave a 4.5..i don't get u.

1st of all, lol at thinking IGN is a legitimate source for game scores.
Second, EoT isn't a bad game. People have the preconceived idea that it's a bad game because Spider-Man isn't swinging through a huge city. I get it, you think of Spider-Man you think of swinging around New York. But the combat in the game is solid, and the story, well, doesn't completely suck. Played Parker off as dumber than he is, but I really think it was to make Miguel(Spider-Man 2099) more relevant to the story. Easily worth it at $10.

#279 MagicZeroX

MagicZeroX

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

I wonder if Amazon realizes how bad there recent Video Game Gold Box deals have been lol

#280 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

i only referenced ign because the person referenced the ign review of game of thrones. lol at your failure to notice that and trying to sound smart. the only game reviews i trust other than my own are Mark's from classic game room.

the game might be worth it to u at 10, but personally i'd rather save 10 on a game i dont really want and spend it towards a 20 game that i truly want.

1st of all, lol at thinking IGN is a legitimate source for game scores.
Second, EoT isn't a bad game. People have the preconceived idea that it's a bad game because Spider-Man isn't swinging through a huge city. I get it, you think of Spider-Man you think of swinging around New York. But the combat in the game is solid, and the story, well, doesn't completely suck. Played Parker off as dumber than he is, but I really think it was to make Miguel(Spider-Man 2099) more relevant to the story. Easily worth it at $10.

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#281 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 05:56 PM

Missed Spiderman, god damn morning meetings.

#282 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:04 PM

Witcher 2 at that price was no deal at all. And now to continue the gold box of fail...

#283 kitsunisan

kitsunisan

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:27 PM

i only referenced ign because the person referenced the ign review of game of thrones. lol at your failure to notice that and trying to sound smart. the only game reviews i trust other than my own are Mark's from classic game room.

Fair point, I'll concede that one to you. However I stand by the rest of my post. It's a good game as long as you don't go in with your own ideas of what it should be.

#284 RoninChaos

RoninChaos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Witcher 2 at that price was no deal at all. And now to continue the gold box of fail...

I'm right there with you. 11 bucks isn't exactly a savings.
I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious... but I am so it comes out that way.
-Bill Hicks.

I'm your Huckleberry

#285 tightclaws

tightclaws

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:35 PM

Max Payne is not bad, but I'm think 29.99 for this real soon if not less. Ehh wtf I had 12.50 in Discover bucks I used to bring it to 27.50 I went for it, I needed a new game.
Posted Image

#286 eres

eres

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

does anyone here own the game of thrones limited edition and can comment on the art book

#287 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:38 PM

Mad pissed, 48 bucks? The Fuck? MSRP is 60 bucks, but everywhere I'm aware of sold it for 45 at release, so now we've gone up in price, and it's supposed to be a deal? Firing off angry letter to Amazon now. Not just about that specific deal, but all of them lately.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#288 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

Yeah really, I think Newegg offered that price as a pre-order deal back in March maybe.

#289 cigaro

cigaro

Constants and Variables

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

Mad pissed, 48 bucks? The Fuck? MSRP is 60 bucks, but everywhere I'm aware of sold it for 45 at release, so now we've gone up in price, and it's supposed to be a deal? Firing off angry letter to Amazon now. Not just about that specific deal, but all of them lately.

Entitled Ethan feels he needs to write a letter to Amazon because they are putting out deals that HE doesnt like.

Youre kidding me with this post right?

#290 Chief Keef

Chief Keef

GBE 3hunna

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Game of Thrones for $30 or less or no deal. I bet it'll be like $50 though.

Rollin off them hittas, sippin on that lean

Glory Boy wit a lamron shorty all the bitches want weed

We posted on the block, come thru we lettin off shots

When I be thru gettin that top I be ready for that qwap

BANG 3 COMING SOON ~~~~ 300 

#291 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:21 PM

Yea it would figure. They actually had it marked down to $49.99 a week or so ago? I don't remember exactly, but I remember I was thinking about grabbing a "Like New" version from AWD since it was down to around $32.

#292 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:23 PM

I'll bet $40 at the highest. The game is selling extremely poorly and it got less than stellar reviews. I'm sure Amazon has more copies than they want right now. I wouldn't be at all surprised by a $30 price point.

#293 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:24 PM

Entitled Ethan feels he needs to write a letter to Amazon because they are putting out deals that HE doesnt like.

Youre kidding me with this post right?

Hahahahaha.

#294 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:25 PM

Can't I add it later via DSS?

Yeah but thats an added cost. I had both of them but upgraded to a PX5 during an AMZ lightning deal that was going for $140. The headset is superior to the PX21 and DDS. If you're hardcore into MP it's worth the upgrade.

#295 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Yeah but thats an added cost. I had both of them but upgraded to a PX5 during an AMZ lightning deal that was going for $140. The headset is superior to the PX21 and DDS. If you're hardcore into MP it's worth the upgrade.

And if any of us are just hard core into blocking out our spouses? j/k. :lol:

#296 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

I'm also hoping for a deal on the 32GB card. I have an 8GB so a 16GB won't be enough of a difference to warrant a purchase.

*edit* Well then, definitely not what I was expecting.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#297 dylandersen

dylandersen

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

4GB card for $9? Fuck LIFE
Posted Image Posted Image

#298 realgold

realgold

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

Nice troll, Amazon. It's the 4GB card.

#299 hellolol

hellolol

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Are you kidding me a 4gb on sale wow amazon.

#300 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Nice troll, Amazon. It's the 4GB card.

Was hoping for a 32 GB.....Amazon :cry: