Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Max Payne 3 $39.99 - Tuesday 6/26

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#301 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hahahahaha, someone in this thread called it! 4 GB. Nice troll, Amazon.

#302 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:02 PM

In all fairness they are selling it for half off MSRP; they just chose the WRONG card to run the sale on :)

I think they must have outsourced their gaming promotion employees because they are really out of tune

#303 quasar502

quasar502

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

A 4 gig Vita memory card?!?!? What a joke!

#304 chrislaustin

chrislaustin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

WOW, 4GB card! If this gets over 1-5% claimed, I will be shocked(please boycott this). This is the most useless item for the Vita. Amazon, you are completely clueless in what is required for the Vita.

#305 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:04 PM

Wow. And people thought I was nuts when I posted my blog entry about Best Buy being greater than or equal to Amazon lately.

#306 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Wow. And people thought I was nuts when I posted my blog entry about Best Buy being greater than or equal to Amazon lately.

Amazon changed from being the price leader to a price matcher/follower. Best Buy has stepped up majorly the last year and it looks like they are going to continue the trend.

What happened to amazon?

#307 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

Amazon changed from being the price leader to a price matcher/follower. Best Buy has stepped up majorly the last year and it looks like they are going to continue the trend.

What happened to amazon?

Isn't Best Buy also close to bankruptcy? Maybe Amazon prefers money?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#308 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

Last time they got my money was...black friday? Also are you fucking kidding me? A 4GB card? I was hoping for a 32GB sale or at the very least the 16GB.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#309 Saiyan

Saiyan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

In all fairness they are selling it for half off MSRP; they just chose the WRONG card to run the sale on :)

I think they must have outsourced their gaming promotion employees because they are really out of tune

True. They should've made it the 16GB or at least 8GB. Right now the 32GB is roughly the same price per GB as this "deal".

#310 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

How well do you think Amazon is going to do once the internet tax in enforced in all 50 states?

Best Buy isn't going to go bankrupt any time soon. They have been put in a position where it has become increasingly difficult to compete when they have to finance so much real estate and overhead. If they trim the fat they will be just fine.

#311 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Last time they got my money was...black friday

I went from spending $2500 at amazon last year to less than $200 this year.

#312 Umair56

Umair56

CHINA DON'T CARE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Oops

#313 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Last time they got my money was...black friday? Also are you fucking kidding me? A 4GB card? I was hoping for a 32GB sale or at the very least the 16GB.

The proprietary memory sticks are what keep me from getting a vita at this time. I'll wait for the vita2.0 that will fix this (as well as the awkward grip it requires to play without accidentally hitting the back screen). Why should i have to pay 3x as much (or more) for the exact same thing.
Non-vita vs Vita
I mean look at PS3! I can put pretty much any HDD in there and they don't care. Why screw over your customers sony!?! /rant

#314 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

How well do you think Amazon is going to do once the internet tax in enforced in all 50 states?

Best Buy isn't going to go bankrupt any time soon. They have been put in a position where it has become increasingly difficult to compete when they have to finance so much real estate and overhead. If they trim the fat they will be just fine.

Maybe slightly worse than how they're already doing but likely the same? I highly doubt tax is going to cripple them unless they, for some reason, make it higher than the state's sales tax.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#315 KENFL0

KENFL0

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Haven't bought anything from amazon since blackfriday. They need to step they're game up because all my money is going to bestbuy right now

#316 not4thecrowd

not4thecrowd

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Another box of gold turds!!

#317 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Maybe slightly worse than how they're already doing but likely the same? I highly doubt tax is going to cripple them unless they, for some reason, make it higher than the state's sales tax.

Really? The only reason I buy from Amazon is I don't have to pay an outright sales tax at the time of purchase.

I can't honestly think of a time they have had a game for sale at the lowest price and the only time I have purchase from them is because when they matched BB, TRU, Target etc. I didn't have to pay tax. Once you factor in tax which makes them just as expensive as their competitors I'd much rather order from the competitor and get cash back or earn rewards and support the companies who actually have sales not just match them.

For me amazon is good for one thing only and that is preordering items without having to pay any sort of deposit

Newegg and Best Buy have absolutely destroyed Amazon this year in games. It's not even close

#318 mrspicytacoman

mrspicytacoman

Apply Ubik only as directed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:24 PM

nobody cares about this shit. amazon is all about that AWD baby

#319 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Really? The only reason I buy from Amazon is I don't have to pay an outright sales tax at the time of purchase.

I can't honestly think of a time they have had a game for sale at the lowest price and the only time I have purchase from them is because when they matched BB, TRU, Target etc. I didn't have to pay tax. Once you factor in tax which makes them just as expensive as their competitors I'd much rather order from the competitor and get cash back or earn rewards and support the companies who actually have sales not just match them.

For me amazon is good for one thing only and that is preordering items without having to pay any sort of deposit

Newegg and Best Buy have absolutely destroyed Amazon this year in games. It's not even close

Free shipping, convenience, and you don't have to waste gas. Furthermore, Amazon has many departments besides video games. I'm sure they'll weather the storm.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#320 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Free shipping, convenience, and you don't have to waste gas. Furthermore, Amazon has many departments besides video games. I'm sure they'll weather the storm.

Not to mention in digital distribution they've stepped it up a TON over the last year. Both in MP3 and video games.

#321 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

And if any of us are just hard core into blocking out our spouses? j/k. :lol:

They say that when people kid they mean it 90% of the time :-)

#322 BigJoshMan

BigJoshMan

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

4gb that's bogus.
Posted Image

#323 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hmm... they haven't gotten my money in a while... but best buy has..

#324 sadboy

sadboy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

They say that when people kid they mean it 90% of the time :-) j/k

Fixed.

#325 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hmm... they haven't gotten my money in a while... but best buy has..

So because you've been buying more video games at Best Buy than Amazon, Best Buy is in a better financial state than Amazon? Are you going to single handedly bring them out of the red?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#326 kellte2

kellte2

Powerful Stroke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

So because you've been buying more video games at Best Buy than Amazon, Best Buy is in a better financial state than Amazon? Are you going to single handedly bring them out of the red?

This. Amazon nudged their way into the videogame scene - HARD - when they were going crazy with deals and preorder credit, etc. Now that they have that market presence, they don't really "need" to pull what Best Buy has been doing lately. That is, practically giving videogames away.

Best Buy needs all the business they can get right now. Amazon seems to be doing just fine.

#327 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Jump to conclusions much?

#328 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Jump to conclusions much?

If that wasn't your point when replying to my post, what was?

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#329 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:13 PM

If that wasn't your point when replying to my post, what was?

It's a secret. I'll let you figure it out.

EDIT: Actually I'll help you out... I don't CARE who is going bankrupt (and best buy isnt). I care about DEALS. Amazon doesn't have them. Best Buy DOES

#330 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:14 PM

this just because gamers arent blowing wads of cash means nothing. ive ordered tons of books and other stuff on amazon which is the point amazon sells virtually everything and tax free and a large chunk of it is free shipping. not to mention the occassional used listing that i dont have to bid for on ebay like the second book of a textbook of which comes with two books. 5 bucks in the used section.

so yes amazon rocks.