Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Max Payne 3 $39.99 - Tuesday 6/26

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#331 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:19 PM

It's a secret. I'll let you figure it out.

EDIT: Actually I'll help you out... I don't CARE who is going bankrupt (and best buy isnt). I care about DEALS. Amazon doesn't have them. Best Buy DOES

Oh okay, so basically your post had nothing to do with my point. Awesome. I apologize for assuming you could understand simple points.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#332 poisonedsodapop

poisonedsodapop

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Would there be any point to picking up the Vita 4gb memory card for 9.99 if I have a 16gb? Like can I access other region's stores with it without doing a factory reset?
Posted Image

#333 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Oh okay, so basically your post had nothing to do with my point. Awesome. I apologize for assuming you could understand simple points.

What are you talking about? What is your point? You're the one who went way out on a tangent.. I never said Best Buy was better off financially then Amazon. I never said they were a better business then Amazon.

I said that Amazon has sucked for deals. I didn't realize that it would take a rocket scientist to figure out I was implying video games when I mentioned (deals). I mean we are on a video game related forum.

#334 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Haven't bought anything from amazon since blackfriday. They need to step they're game up because all my money is going to bestbuy right now

haha same here. I was trading BRs and PS3 games to them collecting credit but havent purchased anything from them since BF until today. BB gets all of my gaming purchases and Ive been trading in my games to them as well
Posted Image

#335 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

What are you talking about? What is your point? You're the one who went way out on a tangent.. I never said Best Buy was better off financially then Amazon. I never said they were a better business then Amazon.

I said that Amazon has sucked for deals. I didn't realize that it would take a rocket scientist to figure out I was implying video games when I mentioned (deals). I mean we are on a video game related forum.

Well, let's go back to my original post on the topic:

Amazon changed from being the price leader to a price matcher/follower. Best Buy has stepped up majorly the last year and it looks like they are going to continue the trend.

What happened to amazon?

Isn't Best Buy also close to bankruptcy? Maybe Amazon prefers money?

I think it's clear that I'm saying Amazon is doing well with their strategy while Best Buy is floundering.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#336 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

Would there be any point to picking up the Vita 4gb memory card for 9.99 if I have a 16gb? Like can I access other region's stores with it without doing a factory reset?

I personally use one 4GB memory card for both my US and JPN account. I downloaded demos from the japan store then switch it back to the US one and play it there. This is not the case for some demos though, as it would not let you play if you switch (such as Dokuro). I have my eye on the new Suikoden for the PSP which is only available from the Japanese psn. If i want, i can just use my 4GB for that, however all my US psn games will now be unavailable to be used until i switch (which would then make the Suikoden game unavailable).

In short, If you want unlimited access to content for different regions, then i suggest getting one for the region(s) you like. You still have to reset your PS Vita when switching from one region to the next.

Edited by cookiecrumbz, 26 June 2012 - 09:57 PM.

#337 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:47 PM

At $9.99, I'm gonna bite on the 4gb memory card since I'm gonna pick up the BB Vita deal this Friday.

Edit: Nvm, with shipping and handling, I'm basically only saving like $4, pretty crappy deal.

#338 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Coming up in the next Lightning Deal is Game of Thrones for PS3 and Xbox 360 at 33% off - http://$$$$$$$$/Lq2jSx

So it's $40.

#339 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Twitter just announced that the Game of Thrones deal will be 33% off. So, ~$40?

#340 RoMee

RoMee

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Guest account. I have an extra memory card for friends and family

#341 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Man can't believe i missed edge of time for $10. Fucking work

#342 Triforce19

Triforce19

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:01 PM

Twitter just announced that the Game of Thrones deal will be 33% off. So, ~$40?

Yup, and I'm disappointed.

#343 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

I want that artbook, if only the game was better.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#344 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yup, and I'm disappointed.

Totally. I would have thought about buying it for $20. Nothing more.

#345 cookiecrumbz

cookiecrumbz

*munch munch munch*

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:11 PM

WOW, 4GB card! If this gets over 1-5% claimed, I will be shocked(please boycott this). This is the most useless item for the Vita. Amazon, you are completely clueless in what is required for the Vita.

Consider yourself shocked! it went 6% claimed lmao :rofl:

#346 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:15 PM

Game of Thrones art book edition worth the $40?

#347 HanawayCoca

HanawayCoca

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:19 PM

Game of Thrones was rated 4/10 from IGN..... but the artbook package looks sweet.

Tempted, but I think I'll pass.

#348 uiengineer

uiengineer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:21 PM

hmm. thanks. i collect Atlus stuff, so I think I'm in.

#349 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:36 PM

Entitled Ethan feels he needs to write a letter to Amazon because they are putting out deals that HE doesnt like.

Youre kidding me with this post right?

Where does entitlement even come in? Maybe if I was asking for it for free, but you should know what a word means and how to use it before it spews out of you.

I love Amazon. They've been real good to me, and I've been real good to them. Yeah, I wrote them an email telling them they should step up their sales. Customer feedback, dingus. It's no secret that their gaming deals have been terrible, and it doesn't do much good to only bitch on CAG about it.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#350 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Where does entitlement even come in? Maybe if I was asking for it for free, but you should know what a word means and how to use it before it spews out of you.

I love Amazon. They've been real good to me, and I've been real good to them. Yeah, I wrote them an email telling them they should step up their sales. Customer feedback, dingus. It's no secret that their gaming deals have been terrible, and it doesn't do much good to only bitch on CAG about it.

The entitlement comes in when you actually get angry over a sale because it's not a sale you like.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#351 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:47 PM

Was he angry? Or constructively criticizing them? It's the latter, and it's a big difference. You, on the other hand, dont contribute a hair. Leave.

I'll quote the original post and bold the key words and make them bigger for you.

Mad pissed, 48 bucks? The Fuck? MSRP is 60 bucks, but everywhere I'm aware of sold it for 45 at release, so now we've gone up in price, and it's supposed to be a deal? Firing off angry letter to Amazon now. Not just about that specific deal, but all of them lately.

I really want to assume that you can read.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#352 Olympus

Olympus

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

It's not going to do any good to send them a letter either, to be honest. You'll get a canned response like this...

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. We appreciate your feedback on Video Game Gold Box Deals- 6/26/12. We hope you will enjoy any future sales. Thank you for being an Amazon.com customer.

Sincerely
[[Insert Indian name here]]
Amazon.com Customer Service Representative

It is an entitlement issue. Would you rather have Amazon sell everything at retail? If there are better deals elsewhere, then go shop there. Endlessly bitching about it does nothing other than make one look like an entitled, whiny brat.

#353 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:01 PM

Man can't believe i missed edge of time for $10. Fucking work

HAHA -- you have a job! :booty:

(just trying to lighten the mood in here. lol.)

#354 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

It's not going to do any good to send them a letter either, to be honest. You'll get a canned response like this...

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry. We appreciate your feedback on Video Game Gold Box Deals- 6/26/12. We hope you will enjoy any future sales. Thank you for being an Amazon.com customer.

Sincerely
Insert Indian name here
Amazon.com Customer Service Representative

It is an entitlement issue. Would you rather have Amazon sell everything at retail? If there are better deals elsewhere, then go shop there. Endlessly bitching about it does nothing other than make one look like an entitled, whiny brat.

What an ignorant comment... We all know they get American names now, lawl.

On a more serious note, you can always tell which CSR is from India (aside an obvious accent) by the fact that they refuse to tell you where they are from. All other CSR have always told me when I kindly asked them where they were from due to their accent. Last few times ive either had an American from Georgia or someone from Australia.

#355 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:04 AM

I didn't write an angry letter. I did say that I would write an angry letter, because yeah, I was pissed. I consider myself to be professional in most communications, as I certainly was with Amazon. But, think whatever you want, I'm not gonna argue over petty crap. I'd rather take it on faith that maybe a lot of other people may write them as well, maybe their numbers aren't as good as they were last year around this time, maybe the stars will align and cause them to put forward better deals. Or, I wasted approximately 3 minutes of my time sending out an email. I'm good either way.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#356 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:06 AM

What an ignorant comment... We all know they get American names now, lawl.

I :lol:, because its true

#357 kulsechsky

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:09 AM

I didn't write an angry letter. I did say that I would write an angry letter, because yeah, I was pissed. I consider myself to be professional in most communications, as I certainly was with Amazon. But, think whatever you want, I'm not gonna argue over petty crap. I'd rather take it on faith that maybe a lot of other people may write them as well, maybe their numbers aren't as good as they were last year around this time, maybe the stars will align and cause them to put forward better deals. Or, I wasted approximately 3 minutes of my time sending out an email. I'm good either way.

So complaining till they sell it for a price you like is NOT entitlement? You jump on good deals when it goes on sale or if its on clearance. You are nagging Amazon in hopes they do what you want. How is that not entitlement?
Posted Image
06 Infiniti G35c
06 Honda CBR600RR
04 GMC Yukon Denali

-Rich

#358 freelancer85

freelancer85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:15 AM

What is the PlayStation headset at six?

#359 kulsechsky

kulsechsky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:17 AM

What is the PlayStation headset at six?

No idea. Could be the $100 wireless headset since a better one is coming out soon or it could be the smaller headset (think cellphones), not the 2.0 but the original.
Posted Image
06 Infiniti G35c
06 Honda CBR600RR
04 GMC Yukon Denali

-Rich

#360 captpluto9465

captpluto9465

CAGalicious

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hurry up, 6% claimed of the 4 GB Vita card!!