Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Max Payne 3 $39.99 - Tuesday 6/26

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#151 argyle

argyle

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:06 PM

Loved Shattered Dimensions, but still having trouble biting on Edge of Time after videos I've seen of it. Knowing that Beenox had their b-team working on it while the SD guys worked on the new game that hits today doesn't help either.
Posted Image

#152 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

drats was hoping it'd be shattered dimensions.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#153 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

I rather disliked Edge of Time. How can you have a Spider-Man game where the whole damn thing takes place INSIDE A BUILDING?!

#154 JohnnyBeeGoode

JohnnyBeeGoode

I think Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag (PS4) is fantastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

Great start, I really enjoyed Shattered Dimension before my PS3 died so I am down to give this a shot for $10

I am gonna go ahead and give you mad props for saying something positive on the A'Zon All Day Lightning Deals thread; I happen to agree with you and was honestly SHOCKED that they had Edge of Time :360: and :ps3: @ $9.99, like really SHOCKED, to the point of saying, "No way!" when I saw it pop up. I agree with ya, "Great start"...:applause:
Posted Image

#155 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

This game is easily worth the 9.99 but it's just not that great. Shattered Dimensions is the better game, Edge of time pales in comparison.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#156 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

In for the $10, I really liked Shattered Dimensions. I've bought much worse games for $10 or less, so I'm not going to get too worried (*cough*Fracture*cough*)

#157 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

Eh, I pulled the trigger on EoT. Here's to hoping it doesn't suck.

#158 kevgret

kevgret

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

Many years of CAG have taught me this isn't true. Almost every game gets cheap eventually, but that doesn't mean they're worth playing. Your time has to count for SOMETHING - if nothing else, it's time you could be spending playing a better game. Most ppl here have nasty backlogs as it is (myself included).

great point....
I am being very selective this year with my backlog.. even at $9.99 it's just not worth it... I still have 4 AAA titles in my backlog and this would have sat around for a few more months.. and my backlog will be growing with NCAA, Madden, Spec Ops, etc...

#159 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Think I'll pass after reading the reviews. My son was interested in this game, but he also thinks anything that isn't open-world isn't worth playing. I'm pretty sure he'd be disappointed. Think I'll just wait for a deal on Shattered Dimensions.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#160 rpg

rpg

Team Argentina

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

in for spiderman ps3 cannot go wrong with $10

davey.gif   2014 Completed Games           platdance.gif           Shares 4 Sale

rpg49ers.pngramoscelebrates-2.gif

insane.gifbe back next year and win the chipinsane.gif

#161 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

LOL...cant beleive people actually thought this was going to be todays Amazing Spider-Man. Glad it was EoT. I had to get this at $15 and with over $120 in gift card balance that wasnt getting used, it was a no brainer. Too bad it doesnt seem as if Amazin sells $20 PSN cards anymore as I was going to use that to get Free Shipping but all I saw was third party vendors which had like $8 for shipping on those
Posted Image

#162 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Darn 100% claimed. Saw this go from 78% to 98% to "Deal is no longer available" while deciding to finally pull the trigger :/

#163 KrebStar

KrebStar

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

I loved Shattered Dimensions, but didn't really care for Edge of Time.

Still a good deal for 10 bucks, though.

#164 Draknight

Draknight

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:26 PM

$10 isn't bad for Edge of Time. Just keep in mind that its a Spider-man set exclusively in one building between two points in time and there are no free roaming areas. If you think that's worth it then by all means. But it really is one of those games that just doesn't do Spider-man justice, especially if you liked shattered dimensions and Spider-man 3 the game.

#165 ijustw1n

ijustw1n

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

I hope "Remember: this item is essential for your PS Vita." is Uncharted or something. I know it's a longshot but it's kind of a slap in the face to do a memory card since if you own a Vita you already have one and they're not exactly the size to be carrying around multiples.
I was looking for a website for ass gaming, but I found this one instead.

#166 TheOmegaSoldier

TheOmegaSoldier

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

Got one of the last ones, but I have a strange amazon payment question. I've got a couple credit cards tied to my account, and some amazon credit additionally.

When I buy anything with amazon coupons or lightning deals like this, I can ONLY select the amazon credit to pay for it to get the deal. Edge of time was 9.99 with my credit , showing a discount. If I chose to pay with a card, it jumped back up past 20 bucks. Anyone else experience this?

#167 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

Got one of the last ones, but I have a strange amazon payment question. I've got a couple credit cards tied to my account, and some amazon credit additionally.

When I buy anything with amazon coupons or lightning deals like this, I can ONLY select the amazon credit to pay for it to get the deal. Edge of time was 9.99 with my credit , showing a discount. If I chose to pay with a card, it jumped back up past 20 bucks. Anyone else experience this?

The goldbox discount is lumped with your credit into promotional credit. Its always been like this. Best thing to do is place a pre-order that uses your credit and then cancel when you are done shopping with your card
Posted Image

#168 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Joined the waitlist and called my son to make sure he didn't want it. Told him there was no freeroam and the game takes place completely indoors. He said no. But at least I was willing to buy it for him. It's hard for me to remember that just because I think a game will suck doesn't mean my kid won't enjoy it. He's learned to check critic and user reviews after buying a couple stinkers, though.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#169 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

Wow! I just checked my order detail and I didnt get charged shipping! I qualified for Suepr Saver Discount bc the item's original price was $27.xx before the lightning price savings. Thought for sure it being $10 would add on the $5 shipping charge. Makes this deal even sweeter
Posted Image

#170 Eleven8Eighty3

Eleven8Eighty3

Art Director

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

I hope "Remember: this item is essential for your PS Vita." is Uncharted or something. I know it's a longshot but it's kind of a slap in the face to do a memory card since if you own a Vita you already have one and they're not exactly the size to be carrying around multiples.

mmm.. $50 for the 32gig mem card, sold! I think it will be the mem card.

#171 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:38 PM

I am in the 50's for waitlist. Said I have a GOOD chance of getting this deal. We'll see.

#172 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

I got it when it was 99% claimed! Didnt think it would get it. I was looking for something else to make my order $25 but couldnt find so just went and placed the order and accepted shipping costs

I had the Super Saver Shipping option on mine...not sure why others didn't. Put it in the cart, price was $27.xx and then it applied the promotional discount to bring it to $9.99. FSSS kicked in with the original price without the discount. Still had to pay damned NYS sales tax, but that's less than it would've been for standard shipping so I won't complain.

#173 t4nd4r

t4nd4r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

So for this to become $9.99 you have to use the gift card balance Amazon gives you? I went to change my payment option and I did not know where I got the gift card balance of $10.92, so I took it off and when I got back to my cart the game was $20.91. I switched it back and used the balance to get it to $9.99

I don't remember Amazon doing this the last time I bought a gold box deal. Is it something new?

#174 Rodster

Rodster

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Is Max Payne worth $40 or do you guys think it will go lower soon? :bouncy:

#175 ephermal

ephermal

The Dragonmaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

got an xbox 360 version; I had a 10.00 credit for free..why not!!

#176 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Is Max Payne worth $40 or do you guys think it will go lower soon? :bouncy:

I really enjoyed it, just finished the story last night. This isn't the first time it was $40 best buy just had it at this price. But I can't see this being below $40 for a while.

#177 2xJ

2xJ

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:53 PM

So for this to become $9.99 you have to use the gift card balance Amazon gives you? I went to change my payment option and I did not know where I got the gift card balance of $10.92, so I took it off and when I got back to my cart the game was $20.91. I switched it back and used the balance to get it to $9.99

I don't remember Amazon doing this the last time I bought a gold box deal. Is it something new?

Nah, this has been Amazon's method of choice for some time. I think the earliest I remember seeing it was on an Assassin's Creed II Gold Box deal a few years ago. Item goes into your cart at regular price, then Amazon adds a gift card/promotional discount credit that is automatically applied during payment selection. However, there is a checkbox there. I'm not sure why they would do that instead of instantly applying the savings. But yeah, it's SOP for Amazon.

#178 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Hmm...hoping one of the two Vita deals is something I want. Would second the previous Uncharted suggestion, even though I highly doubt it. Probably a 16GB memory card discount.

#179 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:56 PM

Nah, this has been Amazon's method of choice for some time. I think the earliest I remember seeing it was on an Assassin's Creed II Gold Box deal a few years ago. Item goes into your cart at regular price, then Amazon adds a gift card/promotional discount credit that is automatically applied during payment selection. However, there is a checkbox there. I'm not sure why they would do that instead of instantly applying the savings. But yeah, it's SOP for Amazon.

The plus side is FSSS is applied to pre-discount price which certainly helps non-prime users
Posted Image

#180 Havok83

Havok83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I had the Super Saver Shipping option on mine...not sure why others didn't. Put it in the cart, price was $27.xx and then it applied the promotional discount to bring it to $9.99. FSSS kicked in with the original price without the discount. Still had to pay damned NYS sales tax, but that's less than it would've been for standard shipping so I won't complain.

Oh I had the option and I selected it but didn't think it would go through bc I don't have Prime and didn't think it would use the original price to apply it to