Amazon Gold Box Event w/ Max Payne 3 $39.99 - Tuesday 6/26

• Please log in to reply
379 replies to this topic

#181 JanusDS

JanusDS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Heh, I can't believe some people were actually getting their hopes up yesterday and can't believe some people thought the Spiderman deal would be ASM. :-\"

I have not seen on truly GREAT deal on Amazon since probably sometime late last year; but I certainly no absolutely nothing this year so far and really haven't seen many that would even qualify as good deals. I wonder if Amazon is taking some unanticipated material hits to the bottom line or what? :-k

#182 Azuvidexus

Azuvidexus

@azuvidexus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Is Max Payne worth $40 or do you guys think it will go lower soon? :bouncy:

I really enjoyed it, just finished the story last night. This isn't the first time it was $40 best buy just had it at this price. But I can't see this being below $40 for a while.

Any more feedback? Also sort of interested (even tho I've been playing Skyrim all these days).

#183 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Any more feedback? Also sort of interested (even tho I've been playing Skyrim all these days).

The multiplayer is also very solid, there is a horde type mode I think, (I never tried it yet) bunch of collectables throughout the story. It's a game definitely worth $40

#184 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

I'd be all over MP3 for $40 if I hadn't already played through disc 1 with a free Redbox rental. Now I can't justify $40 just to get the rest of the story.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#185 ProAnon

ProAnon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

I'd be all over MP3 for $40 if I hadn't already played through disc 1 with a free Redbox rental. Now I can't justify $40 just to get the rest of the story.

Isn't disc 2 just the MP?

#186 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

Isn't disc 2 just the MP?

disc 2 is the 2nd half of story mode.
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#187 shadowrage

shadowrage

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

If you like crime thrillers or movies by Michael Mann or Tony Scott, you will love Max Payne 3. It nails atmosphere, the music is hands down some of the finest you'll ever hear in a storytelling medium.
The controls are great, but if you play on the hard modes expect to die often - enemies will beat you down if you aren't paying attention.

Buy it at any price, easily one of the better shooters. Rockstar put a lot of hard work into the game and it shows in every aspect. Oh and it has these really cool fade in tranitions from cinematic to gameplay.

#188 Horns

Horns

CAG Marketplace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

MP3 is a blast. I highly recommend it at $40. The MP isn't that bad either.
CML

#189 kouleefoh

kouleefoh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

missed a $10 game. haha

#190 thahamburglir

thahamburglir

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Oh man, Max Payne 3 was SUCH a good game; I loved it so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant. That being said, I don't think I'd pay more than $30 for it (I got it for a $2 rental at redbox and beat it in 2 days). Great story that will stick with you well after you are done, I just don't know how many times you'll wanna go back and replay it. Multiplayer can probably be fun, but I've never been a big online gamer. Anyone heard any sales figures on this game, it's awesome and I hope it's sold well; says the guy who rented it rather than buying it :/

#191 quasar502

quasar502

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Ohhhh man please let that "essential Vita accessory" be a $50 32gb card. I'll finally be able to buy some games

Agreed! I've had it sitting in my cart at $81.xx for a month.

#192 Sway

Sway

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Coming from someone who normally isn't a multiplayer guy, I'm really enjoying the multiplayer. I think it primarily has to do with the fact that you can choose to play games with soft lock. Not sure if other games do that as well. Leveling up to unlock new guns/perks also is kind of addicting. I wasn't a fan of the single player part though.

*edit
I was talking about MP3.

#193 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Because not everyone has a 360?
Posted Image

#194 JamesFerguson

JamesFerguson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:20 PM

Damn! I would have picked up Spider-man Edge of Time in a heartbeat at that price.

#195 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

actually was hoping for shattered dimensions, the older title since its supposed to be the best one

Wonder how the movie game tie in will go, I only played the 3DS demo and it was fun, and console versions look good, but might be the kind of open world game where you see and do everything in the first 20 minutes

#196 Nitro_

Nitro_

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

The one time I accidentally go back to sleep and wake up at 10am, and amazon actually has a $9.99 game. I am so desperate I have been on the waitlist and highly doubt I will get the chance to buy it for that price. A waste of 50 minutes on the waitlist.

#197 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:33 PM

How long did it take Spidey to sell out?

#198 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

40 min or so
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#199 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Do we know what the 10 am deal is? The enhanced version of a rpg hit?

#200 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:39 PM

Do we know what the 10 am deal is? The enhanced version of a rpg hit?

The Witcher 2 on Xbox.

#201 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Of course they start with a great deal in Spider-Man... and of course I figure they don't.
-Michael

Posted Image

#202 Guillermo_IGN

Guillermo_IGN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

has anyone figure out what the rest will be?

#203 SonictheHedgehog1337

SonictheHedgehog1337

That guy with the creepy signature

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

I noticed a couple people mentioning they wanted shattered dimensions. I'd trade my 360 shattered dimensions for edge of time if anyone is interested. I'd wait until you're finished playing edge of time. My game is missing the manual.

#204 NegrusArticulus

NegrusArticulus

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:45 PM

Witcher 2 better be $29.99...

#205 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

At any price, youd be a fool NOT to buy it. As a PS3-only owner im jealous you got this port

Hopefully when i get a new PC I can play this

#206 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:49 PM

Oh man, Max Payne 3 was SUCH a good game; I loved it so much I want to take it behind a middle school and get it pregnant. That being said, I don't think I'd pay more than $30 for it (I got it for a $2 rental at redbox and beat it in 2 days). Great story that will stick with you well after you are done, I just don't know how many times you'll wanna go back and replay it. Multiplayer can probably be fun, but I've never been a big online gamer. Anyone heard any sales figures on this game, it's awesome and I hope it's sold well; says the guy who rented it rather than buying it :/

How did you manage that, because...

Edited by shrike4242, 26 June 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#207 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

And since I have Witcher already, it appears I can sleep on the rest of these deals. Figures.
-Michael

Posted Image

#208 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

Yeah, I considered renting it from somewhere else just to finish the storyline. Not big into multiplayer unless I have friends to play with and there's only one friend who has it right now.

I didn't find the multiplayer very enjoyable. It had the same feel as the Red Dead Redemption multiplayer but much more frustrating. Something just felt very off.

#209 Wolfmight

Wolfmight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:55 PM

more than likely will be. Been out for a long ass time now.

lol still haven't completed Witcher 1 tho I attempted it. The damn controls bugged me though, maybe it was just for melee with a sword. Heard good things about the more grim, mature, and adult aspects of the RPG over others, heh.

Max Payne 3 look amazing, but I really want it on PC cause my rig runs way better than my PS3 FPS wise. Except for ports and poorly coded games. Tho I've even had luck with tweaking those to make em run how they should too.

What's everyone anticipating for this inevitable steam sale coming up?
I'm excited cause I got a TON of unactivated steamable CD-Keys to trade. When is steam gonna implement the "activate as gift" option as well? Don't see anything wrong with that, no sir. no sir.

#210 Brash_Attack

Brash_Attack

Emperor Banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

There we go. The 8am deal is a pair of Turtle Beach X32s for $65.

Those are the exact pair I want but they're still too pricey for me. :(